Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:55:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 91448 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #540 on: October 27, 2015, 12:15:00 AM »

Sometimes endless questions, as well as fake concern and supposed "worrying" about one thing or another are merely a thinly disguised avenue for the usual circle to  voice yet more complaints and spin yet more negative hooplah.

Maybe.  But in this case, it could not be more literal.

I'm using his exact example : Axl comes back with 2 new guitarists, hits the road, no new album.

From that, he thinks asking "well, what's the plan going forward?" is an appropriate question.  Yet if it was asked, what the response?

#1) You know, that's a fair question.  What is the plan going forward?

#2) They just went back on tour.  Aren't you ever happy?

#3) When they have something to announce, they'll announce it.  Why is that so hard to understand?

So for me to be "wrong", you would have to be telling me that answer #1 would have at least a fair share of the percentage of response.  Is that, in fact, your stance?

Because I say it has no shot.  Answers may be split between #2 and #3, but #1 is not even in the running. 

Hence, there are no real acceptable questions.  Are there?
I think we're all questioning what happens next. I mean those of us that remain come here to discuss these things for a reason. We must still have an interest in where the story is going. The issue is when you start to question why things don't get done on a certain timetable or in a certain manner. I'll freely admit that the musical output over the last 20 years has been underwhelming in terms of quantity. I don't think anyone is arguing against that. But we don't have all the facts at our disposal and can't even begin to put ourselves in Axl's shoes, no matter how hard we try. I don't think it's crazy to say that Axl Rose has more hurdles to clear in a business sense than a Joe Elliott, Keith Richards, etc. Plus, whether he's a perfectionist or "cares about his art" more than others. That can be debated, but he's certainly a unique individual in a less than ideal situation. And as we've covered, he doesn't seem too keen on deadlines, timeframes, etc.

Ultimately, I think he has solid reasoning behind the choices he makes. It might not make sense to us, but we don't have all the details. He seems to be a well thought out individual who feels an extra resposibility to protect his own interests. I think it has more to do with deciding what's best for him and the band over what makes a vocal minority of GNR forum members happy.

woah! you are awesome, where have you been all this time!?  completely rational, patient, good writer, organized posts, just like pilferk! its people like you (especially the not shallow minded about what axl may or may not be doing thing) that make this place interesting and fun as opposed to frustrating and tiresome.

fernandos time frame for an announcement, should things not fall through, means by sometime in November right? or was the pre announcement time frame meant to be vague by saying "few months"? i know its obvious to some, and not to others, but few can mean 3 and also is commonly used to mean a handful or so. maybe its already been discussed and i missed it, if so then ignore and ill figure it out. not trying to slam anybodys english, i speak japanese like a 6 year old so i have no room to judge. i guess if he meant 3 he maybe would have said 3. i guess im right back where i began before i started speculating about all this. i dont know shit, but thats ok. looking forward to whats next has always been something nice to look forward to.

It was mid-August.
Fernando said an announcement "in 2-4 months."
He also said there would be a new webstore "in a week or two." 

We have something to look forward to, and Christmas is coming  Cheesy

I heard Santa was real, and that some had even met him  Shocked

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #541 on: October 27, 2015, 08:03:10 AM »

i will spend christmas apart from loved ones this year, but at least im not living in my car this time. mark my words, i will buy that christmas themed gnr sweater if it is for sale again! and i will drink enough sake to kill santa and all of his reindeer.

he is real btw. he lives in bullhead city in a trailer by the river. i will ask him to ask axl about getting us some new material in time for the holidays, but no promises on that front. even santa cannot impose his wishes on Axls indomitable will. wont hurt to ask though!

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Annie
« Reply #542 on: October 27, 2015, 10:37:14 AM »

I found the GNR Christmas sweater on eBay last year
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #543 on: October 27, 2015, 11:24:29 AM »

I actually think Fernando is sort of in a can't lose situation, if you look at it a certain way.

Let's face it, his track record is not stellar.  And that can be used to his advantage if this goes tits up.

There is no reason to not to take him at his word right now.  I think most of us have.  But if things go sideways, where is the fallout?  The people that defend him no matter what will continue to do so.  Its not like they are going to suddenly find the appetite for some hard questions.

And even those of us that aren't as forgiving, do any of us even have the energy to get worked up about another false start?  Don't you think a good bit of the reaction from that crowd is along the lines of "Oh, so nothing happened.  Well, you don't say..." accompanied by either an eye-roll or a jerking off motion?  I don't think anyone is going to really be all up in arms about it.

And, if in the next month or two he actually has an update, people will be thrilled.  He's probably playing this the right way, all things considered.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #544 on: October 27, 2015, 04:39:59 PM »

I'm happy enough knowing that it's "done" or "close". I bet it will see the day of light in 2016! But let's not get too excited  peace

welcome! welcome! new posters, always happy to see them! being excited about something is actually pretty good for you as far as i know. but then theres the whole let down and hangin around, squashed like a bug in the ground stuff that is liable to come with it. maybe you will only feel that way if you are actively waiting for it or hoping it will bring you some kind of happiness you dont already have. i got most impatient when i was locked up in my dorm room doing nonstop homework around this time last year. i was generally unhappy and wanted cd2 to come bail me out. not saying thats how it is for everyone, just sharing my experience. looking forward to future interactions with you  Smiley
Many will be "squashed like a bug" when a reunion doesn't happen. Or maybe it will  Grin (I doubt it) thanks for the welcome. I signed up here awhile ago but I had no idea if I needed to be verified or not, but either way, glad to be here and read opinions.

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #545 on: October 28, 2015, 07:47:32 AM »

Do you think we will get a detailed update from Guns, when the album will be released?

Bow!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #546 on: October 28, 2015, 09:16:16 AM »

Do you think we will get a detailed update from Guns, when the album will be released?

No, I do not.

However, that might also mean that's not the next move.  For instance, if the next move is a some sort of reunion tour, then obviously there would be no update on the album.

But even if the next move is a new album, no, I do not think Fernando's next update will be about a release date.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #547 on: October 28, 2015, 09:36:58 AM »

No, I do not.

However, that might also mean that's not the next move.  For instance, if the next move is a some sort of reunion tour, then obviously there would be no update on the album.

But even if the next move is a new album, no, I do not think Fernando's next update will be about a release date.

Its great being a Guns N' Roses fan these days.

Bow!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #548 on: October 28, 2015, 09:41:18 AM »

No, I do not.

My friends that follow other bands are always so, so jealous.

#TheyHateUsCauseTheyAintUs

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #549 on: October 28, 2015, 10:28:28 AM »

No, I do not.

Those in the UK will get it. "We are Millwall, no one likes us we don't care...."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #550 on: October 28, 2015, 01:57:18 PM »

No, I do not.

Those in the UK will get it. "We are Millwall, no one likes us we don't care...."

Haha! I have some UK friends that told me about this years ago-  Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #551 on: October 28, 2015, 06:02:48 PM »

Sometimes endless questions, as well as fake concern and supposed "worrying" about one thing or another are merely a thinly disguised avenue for the usual circle to  voice yet more complaints and spin yet more negative hooplah.

Maybe.  But in this case, it could not be more literal.

I'm using his exact example : Axl comes back with 2 new guitarists, hits the road, no new album.

From that, he thinks asking "well, what's the plan going forward?" is an appropriate question.  Yet if it was asked, what the response?

#1) You know, that's a fair question.  What is the plan going forward?

#2) They just went back on tour.  Aren't you ever happy?

#3) When they have something to announce, they'll announce it.  Why is that so hard to understand?

So for me to be "wrong", you would have to be telling me that answer #1 would have at least a fair share of the percentage of response.  Is that, in fact, your stance?

Because I say it has no shot.  Answers may be split between #2 and #3, but #1 is not even in the running. 

Hence, there are no real acceptable questions.  Are there?
I think we're all questioning what happens next. I mean those of us that remain come here to discuss these things for a reason. We must still have an interest in where the story is going. The issue is when you start to question why things don't get done on a certain timetable or in a certain manner. I'll freely admit that the musical output over the last 20 years has been underwhelming in terms of quantity. I don't think anyone is arguing against that. But we don't have all the facts at our disposal and can't even begin to put ourselves in Axl's shoes, no matter how hard we try. I don't think it's crazy to say that Axl Rose has more hurdles to clear in a business sense than a Joe Elliott, Keith Richards, etc. Plus, whether he's a perfectionist or "cares about his art" more than others. That can be debated, but he's certainly a unique individual in a less than ideal situation. And as we've covered, he doesn't seem too keen on deadlines, timeframes, etc.

Ultimately, I think he has solid reasoning behind the choices he makes. It might not make sense to us, but we don't have all the details. He seems to be a well thought out individual who feels an extra resposibility to protect his own interests. I think it has more to do with deciding what's best for him and the band over what makes a vocal minority of GNR forum members happy.

woah! you are awesome, where have you been all this time!?  completely rational, patient, good writer, organized posts, just like pilferk! its people like you (especially the not shallow minded about what axl may or may not be doing thing) that make this place interesting and fun as opposed to frustrating and tiresome.

fernandos time frame for an announcement, should things not fall through, means by sometime in November right? or was the pre announcement time frame meant to be vague by saying "few months"? i know its obvious to some, and not to others, but few can mean 3 and also is commonly used to mean a handful or so. maybe its already been discussed and i missed it, if so then ignore and ill figure it out. not trying to slam anybodys english, i speak japanese like a 6 year old so i have no room to judge. i guess if he meant 3 he maybe would have said 3. i guess im right back where i began before i started speculating about all this. i dont know shit, but thats ok. looking forward to whats next has always been something nice to look forward to.

It was mid-August.
Fernando said an announcement "in 2-4 months."
He also said there would be a new webstore "in a week or two." 

We have something to look forward to, and Christmas is coming  Cheesy

I heard Santa was real, and that some had even met him  Shocked
Santa = Axl hihi

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #552 on: October 28, 2015, 07:41:59 PM »

No, I do not.

How happy would you be with this scenario...

Slash completes his next album and tours it for 2016.

We dont hear from Axl or guns in 2016 at all. OR.... Axl temporarily gets a couple of part timers in to fill DJ and BBF's spot so he can tour around.. make some money... no album eventuates..

Could you imagine how down beaten the majority of fans will be in another 13 or 14 months with no album.. no announcement officially on anything reunion and just a couple of nobodies playing /filling in... its very much on the cards because i highly doubt there is any reunion next year if slash is about to go in and record a new album that he will want to tour. and is Axl ever going to make it back with as 2 year lay off if he just stays on Hiatus?  Tongue

Its essentially crunch time for him IMO.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:46:08 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #553 on: October 28, 2015, 08:01:49 PM »

Sad
Annie
« Reply #554 on: October 28, 2015, 08:11:24 PM »

Hey did anybody ever hear that parody song called Its an Axl Christmas? It goes. It's an Axl Christmas.  It's a hard rock holiday. And we're all singing WTTJ all the way. We'll sleigh ride over paradise city and if we're feeling rude, we'll burn down all the Christnas trees and then we'll get tattooed.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: