Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:12:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 91448 times)
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #440 on: October 21, 2015, 08:30:34 PM »

Semantics. Whatever condition the songs are currently in they aren't released. They could still be worked on, tinkered with, etc. So I wouldn't really consider them "done" until they're handed over to the label and prepped for release.

Ultimately true, obviously.

But the songs are already written and recorded.  And have been for some time now.

So really, what we're trying to do, is put a good spin on mixing and mastering, or "tinkering" if you prefer...that goes on for years at a time.

Years.
Yeah, but like jarmo said. Maybe they were "finished" and ready to be released. Maybe something happened that pushed the release back, so it's possible they could choose to tweak them a little. Heck, maybe the record company "hinted" that they could use a little work. Happened with CD 10 times over from all accounts.

Thats all well and good, but whats stopping GNR management or Axl and coming out and saying look.. we had planned for this to be out by XYZ.. but we have hit some stumbling blocks (whatever that might be) and allude to it.

The apologists seems to portray this operation like NASA in terms of secrecy and security.  Roll Eyes

Whatever anyone wants to say... there is no argument for the lack of information that the fans get in regards to this stuff. How hard is it to shed some light on this stuff?

Why do you feel entitled to a play by play? When there is new information to share it will be shared through official channels.

How hard is that to comprehend? Cheesy

To trot that line out like its a valid reason for running this business this way is embarrassing.

Listen... its difficult to reason with you because you are so unreasonable. You wave more pom poms than any superfan of anything that i have ever seen accross any interest.. whether it be football, music, whatever.

You simply are not capable of a rational civilized conversation without shouting people down and your shitty undertones in everything you write dont impress anyone.

Haha hihi

What an upsetting concept for you, a positive fan on a fan forum- such a rare and unusual occurance.

Poor you-it must be traumatizing.

There's a difference between being a positive fan, and being a blind apologist.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #441 on: October 21, 2015, 08:37:15 PM »

Semantics. Whatever condition the songs are currently in they aren't released. They could still be worked on, tinkered with, etc. So I wouldn't really consider them "done" until they're handed over to the label and prepped for release.

But the songs are already written and recorded.  And have been for some time now.

So really, what we're trying to do, is put a good spin on mixing and mastering, or "tinkering" if you prefer...that goes on for years at a time.

Years.
Yeah, but like jarmo said. Maybe they were "finished" and ready to be released. Maybe something happened that pushed the release back, so it's possible they could choose to tweak them a little. Heck, maybe the record company "hinted" that they could use a little work. Happened with CD 10 times over from all accounts.

Thats all well and good, but whats stopping GNR management or Axl and coming out and saying look.. we had planned for this to be out by XYZ.. but we have hit some stumbling blocks (whatever that might be) and allude to it.

The apologists seems to portray this operation like NASA in terms of secrecy and security.  Roll Eyes

Whatever anyone wants to say... there is no argument for the lack of information that the fans get in regards to this stuff. How hard is it to shed some light on this stuff?

Why do you feel entitled to a play by play? When there is new information to share it will be shared through official channels.

To trot that line out like its a valid reason for running this business this way is embarrassing.

Listen... its difficult to reason with you because you are so unreasonable. You wave more pom poms than any superfan of anything that i have ever seen accross any interest.. whether it be football, music, whatever.

You simply are not capable of a rational civilized conversation without shouting people down and your shitty undertones in everything you write dont impress anyone.

Haha hihi

What an upsetting concept for you, a positive fan on a fan forum- such a rare and unusual occurance.

Why do you assume I'm blind when I'm positive? That is a common accusation by trolls.

I assure you there is nothing "blind" about my GNR loyalty, I simply know the truth and have been a fan for 20+ years.

Don't you have a hairline to discuss somewhere?

Oh, I wish I were a miser; being a miser must be so occupying.
Gertrude Stein

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #442 on: October 21, 2015, 08:43:46 PM »

Much like the title of this topic is the likelihood of a new album in 2016. My question is the likelihood of any gnr topic not leading back to the same he said she said bs. Why can't we all just talk about what it would be like if we actually got an album in 2016. Let's fantasize people and if it happens our fantasies come true if not for all the naysayers they can say well what else is new because you know when and if an album comes out all the naysayers are going to be like OMG OMG i love this song that song the whole album and will act like nothing was ever wrong in the first place.

Very well.

I hope the next album has the same standard of guitar work that was on CD, because I thought it was the highlight of the album.

On a lesser note, I hope more of the songs have more traditional choruses.

I agree, the guitar work was superb. I also enjoyed discovering some of the nuances such as the "Tomorrow never comes" on catcher- a clear reference to the Lennon song 'Tomorrow never knows'. Smiley

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #443 on: October 21, 2015, 09:00:26 PM »

I agree, the guitar work was superb. I also enjoyed discovering some of the nuances such as the "Tomorrow never comes" on catcher- a clear reference to the Lennon song 'Tomorrow never knows'. Smiley

Yeah, definitely cool.

Guitar was the great unknown, I thought.  I had heard some of the live bootlegs prior to the album, but you can't really judge fairly on that.

But it all sounds pretty awesome on the album.  Very crisp sounding, and very well played.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #444 on: October 21, 2015, 09:11:39 PM »

Imagine this scenario.

It's done, you want to release it.
Something happens and a release when you wanted it to happen, doesn't seem like a good idea anymore.

How do you use this new "extra time"? Suddenly you could work more on that stuff that was done, or not.... But there's an opportunity to if you wanted to.
Does it mean it can't be worked on because it was done already? Of course not.

/jarmo

Ok, I can imagine that...but is there any evidence to support it?  That's a big assumption that they had a release planned but something happened and it didn't make sense anymore.  If that's just a hypothetical scenario that you choose to believe (because it puts the band in the best light possible) fair enough, but that's where the "blind faith" comments from people come from.  It's giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Every time.  All the time. 
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #445 on: October 21, 2015, 10:24:11 PM »

Imagine this scenario.

Something happens and a release when you wanted it to happen, doesn't seem like a good idea anymore.

How do you use this new "extra time"? Suddenly you could work more on that stuff that was done, or not.... But there's an opportunity to if you wanted to.

/jarmo

Ok, I can imagine that...but is there any evidence to support it?  That's a big assumption that they had a release planned but something happened and it didn't make sense anymore.  If that's just a hypothetical scenario that you choose to believe (because it puts the band in the best light possible) fair enough, but that's where the "blind faith" comments from people come from.  It's giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Every time.  All the time

And thats the point. Blind optimism based on what? and when the howls are heard... the stock standard answer is, they dont owe you anything.... yada yada yada.

Regardless of whether they do.. they dont.. or anything in between, its a piss poor way to run a band. Most can see that.

Annie
« Reply #446 on: October 21, 2015, 10:33:18 PM »

I am a diehard fan and I would love to hear new music. I have no real clue as to why there have been delays or any formal announcements have not been made. But I don't lose sleep over it, and i certainly wouldn't spend hours complaining about it every day on the internet. Seriously what real purpose does it serve? The music will come out when it comes out. In the meantime I have a life to lead. And I will enjoy all the totally awesome GNR music i have downloaded on my iphone. ok I can take it with me wherever I go. beer
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #447 on: October 21, 2015, 11:16:42 PM »

We all have lives to lead, and do lead.

You can disagree with the reasoning some people have.  But trying to make the claim that what Axl Rose does or does not do affects anyone's personal lives? 

Kind of a leap.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Annie
« Reply #448 on: October 21, 2015, 11:39:20 PM »

Just trying to make sense of why some people spend an excessive amount of time complaining and saying the same old same old.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #449 on: October 22, 2015, 12:27:32 AM »

What Album ?

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #450 on: October 22, 2015, 01:12:41 AM »

Imagine this scenario.

/jarmo

Ok, I can imagine that...but is there any evidence to support it?  That's a big assumption that they had a release planned but something happened and it didn't make sense anymore.  If that's just a hypothetical scenario that you choose to believe (because it puts the band in the best light possible) fair enough, but that's where the "blind faith" comments from people come from.  It's giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Every time.  All the time. 

It can be a very real scenario with no public evidence at all, doesn't mean it never happened.

I guess your view is that it makes much more sense to be negative and look at things in the worst possible light, and complain.
Every time. All the time.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #451 on: October 22, 2015, 01:27:35 AM »

Imagine this scenario.

/jarmo

Ok, I can imagine that...but is there any evidence to support it?  That's a big assumption that they had a release planned but something happened and it didn't make sense anymore.  If that's just a hypothetical scenario that you choose to believe (because it puts the band in the best light possible) fair enough, but that's where the "blind faith" comments from people come from.  It's giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Every time.  All the time

And thats the point. Blind optimism based on what? and when the howls are heard... the stock standard answer is, they dont owe you anything.... yada yada yada.

Regardless of whether they do.. they dont.. or anything in between, its a piss poor way to run a band. Most can see that.

Oh look another e-expert chimes in on How to run a band. hihi

Show me where you are owed a thing-
 if you buy tickets to a show-you get to see a show
 If you buy an album you get to own a copy of the music
 if you buy merch-you get that.

How do you somehow think you are owed anything else?

We all want things. But some people feel they are entitled to whatever it is they want, and they feel they deserve it all now.

The entitlement mentality of thinking someone owes you something is one that you should not have, it is delusional and misguided.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 01:30:07 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #452 on: October 22, 2015, 02:30:53 AM »

There is nothing wrong with GN'R fans asking what is next.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #453 on: October 22, 2015, 04:37:50 AM »

There is nothing wrong with GN'R fans asking what is next.

Asking? Of course not -wondering is great too. Speculation is even expected.

But whining, complaining and finding fault continually on a more or less daily basis gets old quick.

"Shut the fuck up."
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #454 on: October 22, 2015, 06:28:22 AM »

Just trying to make sense of why some people spend an excessive amount of time complaining and saying the same old same old.

Says the person who walked into Cantor's Deli and confronted Marc.  Yes, clearly the comings and goings of Guns n Roses doesn't affect your daily life.  We're the obsessed ones.  Got it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #455 on: October 22, 2015, 07:16:47 AM »

Well we got the past.
Axl wanted Chinese Democracy out in 2006, but that didn't happen so the album wasn't finalized until 2007.

Also, remember the talk from certain members about 2015? Obviously they had some lose plans for something.

As you can see, it's a plausible scenario. Just like all the negative posters who auto magically assume nothing released means nothing has been done. Where's the evidence of that? The evidence seems to be "nobody told me, it didn't happen". Blind followers!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #456 on: October 22, 2015, 07:43:37 AM »

But whining, complaining and finding fault continually on a more or less daily basis gets old quick.

So does this nonsense.

Show me where you are owed a thing-
 if you buy tickets to a show-you get to see a show
 If you buy an album you get to own a copy of the music
 if you buy merch-you get that.

How do you somehow think you are owed anything else?

We all want things. But some people feel they are entitled to whatever it is they want, and they feel they deserve it all now.

The entitlement mentality of thinking someone owes you something is one that you should not have, it is delusional and misguided.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #457 on: October 22, 2015, 07:57:53 AM »

Says the person who walked into Cantor's Deli and confronted Marc.  Yes, clearly the comings and goings of Guns n Roses doesn't affect your daily life.  We're the obsessed ones.  Got it.

Hahahaha

Yeah, if the argument is how GNR affects our daily lives, the rest of us are playing for second place after that story.

Annie
« Reply #458 on: October 22, 2015, 08:37:39 AM »

I never said that you were obsessed. I said I don't understand why people have to just complain about the same old things day after day. And I love GNR and the music is a big part of my daily life. And I had the balls to actually do something in the real world and not hide behind a computer keyboard desk. If any of you guys are at a show that I am attending I would be happy to meet and talk with you in person as well.You can even call me a creepy stalker to my face. Won't affect my self esteem in the least.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #459 on: October 22, 2015, 08:41:15 AM »

Years.

Haha hihi

Why do you assume I'm blind when I'm positive? That is a common accusation by trolls.

I assure you there is nothing "blind" about my GNR loyalty, I simply know the truth and have been a fan for 20+ years.

Don't you have a hairline to discuss somewhere?

Oh, I wish I were a miser; being a miser must be so occupying.
Gertrude Stein

Let me ask you, then. Has there been any instance where, in your opinion, Axl has made a mistake or misstep since 1996?

Izzy, Slash, Duff, Josh Freese, Paul Tobias, Robin, Brain, Buckethead, DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot - did Axl have nothing to do with any of these departures?

The long wait for CD - was it all the fault of producers and the label, or did Axl's reputed perfectionism come into play?

The difference between being a positive fan and an apologist is if you're a positive fan and not an apologist, you can recognize when a band does something wrong, or when they make a mistake and own up to it.

Do I feel I am "owed" an album, a tour, or a reunion? No, and in fact, I've been attacked on other boards for suggesting people have an entitlement mentality. I think a tour, a new record, a reunion, any of these would be really cool. But I'm not demanding that they happen. If they do, they do, they don't, they don't.

Do I think Axl should inform us every time he moves his bowels? No. But I do think keeping us not totally in the dark - providing updates once in a while that are a little more specific - would be cool. I don't think Axl works for me, but I do think a band and it's fans enjoy a symbiotic relationship. Without the band, the fanbase wouldn't exist, but without the fanbase, the band would have no money, no means of supporting itself. I think tossing the fanbase a little bit in the way of news once in a while directly from the one guy whose voice matters isn't asking THAT much. I mean, right now, we don't even know if there is a band in any incarnation.

I'm a positive fan in that I've tried to turn everyone I know in real life onto GN'R at some point or another. I've gone to the concerts when I could afford it, bought two copies of CD (CD and Vinyl), bought t-shirts, basically did my bit. I've defended Axl against a lot of the genuine hate he gets on other boards. You can call it 'discussing hairlines', I call it defending an artist against slander. I think when people accuse Axl of being bald or having plastic surgery, they do it to belittle the man and make him seem like a "freak" - the same with all the people who say Axl is currently "in hiding" simply because he doesn't want a camera in his face 24/7; I don't believe Axl is or ever was a recluse the way some want to paint him, but there are many who have an agenda to paint Axl as the biggest freak in the world because they're bitter things didn't happen the way they wanted back in the '90s. I've tried to debunk certain myths to the best of my ability. I've shown how the break up of the original band was a group effort, and not totally Axl's fault. I've shown that at least at one point, Axl did allow the new band members some level of say, at least in the material, according to Moby back when he worked with the band. I've tried to show that the breakup wasn't a result of Axl being this evil tyrant, but more that Axl and Slash had a lot of miscommunication and probably a lot of industry people feeding their heads with crap.

But, where you and I differ is that, I can also point to this and that instance and say "Axl messed up here", or "Yeah, this was Axl's fault", or "I don't agree with this particular course of action." I've never seen you do that. Your sense of loyalty seems to be (and correct me if I am wrong) based on accepting or falling into full agreement with whatever Axl offers or chooses to do. I don't agree with that. I think the best form of loyalty is to tell someone when you think they're screwing up, because it shows you actually give a crap. Being told you're doing great  100% of the time, and that nothing you do is wrong isn't the way for someone to improve or to feel the need to improve - it's just a route to stagnation.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:45:53 AM by CherryGarcia » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: