Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:31:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 91458 times)
Annie
« Reply #460 on: October 22, 2015, 08:41:43 AM »

Just trying to make sense of why some people spend an excessive amount of time complaining and saying the same old same old.

Says the person who walked into Cantor's Deli and confronted Marc.  Yes, clearly the comings and goings of Guns n Roses doesn't affect your daily life.  We're the obsessed ones.  Got it.

Hahahaha

Yeah, if the argument is how GNR affects our daily lives, the rest of us are playing for second place after that story.
To clarify, I practice gratitude in my life. I don't focus on complaining about what I don't have. This weekend I am going to the Salute to Supernatural Convention and I am going to proudly wear my 30th Anniversary GNR shirt and show off my hello Axl tattoo when I get to meet and take  pics with Sam, Dean, Castiel and the King of Hell.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #461 on: October 22, 2015, 08:43:29 AM »

Some of you guys really make me laugh. Cudos for that. Haha.

I find it amusing that this is still a discussion... the likelihood of an album in 2016 is based on one thing and one thing only.

Does Axl want to release it this year? If he really wants to, we will have it, if he is not ready (the reasons...who the fuck will ever know) then we won't.

It was the same with Chinese Democracy, bottom line.. we waited all those years... because that's when he was ready to share.

If he is unwilling to share based on the labels terms... well that's still his decision not to share.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:45:35 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #462 on: October 22, 2015, 09:10:16 AM »

I find it amusing that this is still a discussion... the likelihood of an album in 2016 is based on one thing and one thing only.

Does Axl want to release it this year? If he really wants to, we will have it, if he is not ready (the reasons...who the fuck will ever know) then we won't.

It was the same with Chinese Democracy, bottom line.. we waited all those years... because that's when he was ready to share.

If he is unwilling to share based on the labels terms... well that's still his decision not to share.

I agree.  I think it is that simple.  If he wants it out, he?ll find a way to do it.  People can invent believe there are other, more powerful reasons at play, but ultimately the buck starts and stops with Axl.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #463 on: October 22, 2015, 09:25:16 AM »

Agreed all around.  This is Axl's show, 24/7/365.

It's not only Axl's show depending on the argument at the time.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #464 on: October 22, 2015, 09:35:27 AM »

I agree.  I think it is that simple.  If he wants it out, he?ll find a way to do it.  People can invent believe there are other, more powerful reasons at play, but ultimately the buck starts and stops with Axl.

This is also why I have absolutely no beef with the people around Axl... do i think their relationship is a little unorthodox? yes.

but they ONLY do things that Axl wants them to. As far as I can tell.

If he wants to release this album, or play shows with Slash or go on tour with the circus... he will. End of story.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #465 on: October 22, 2015, 10:32:32 AM »

I'll play along with your hypothesis.

Axl: Hey, universal, check it out, the new GN'R album! I want to put it out.
Universal: Ok....
Axl: Can you tell me how we can do it?
Universal: What do you mean?
Axl: Well, I need some kind of plan for it. Do you have one?
Universal: We'll get back to you.
Axl: Cheers!
Axl: Hey, it's me again. Anything new?
Universal: About what?

What's your suggestion?

See, it's easy to say what you just said. If you don't need to think freely about why that might not be so easy after all....

Like I said, if you think Axl needs to just let the album go and let Universal do whatever they want with it, then you're right. Then it's all about Axl.
But what gives you the impression that's how he is about his art?

So, let's say there's an issue with Universal. You suggest giving up in the name of releasing it?
I'm curious.  Smiley

Of course you can say, "there must be a middle ground". Sure. What makes you think they're not trying to reach it, or haven't tried it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #466 on: October 22, 2015, 10:49:01 AM »

I'll play along with your hypothesis.

Axl: Hey, universal, check it out, the new GN'R album! I want to put it out.
Universal: Ok....
Axl: Can you tell me how we can do it?
Universal: What do you mean?
Axl: Well, I need some kind of plan for it. Do you have one?
Universal: We'll get back to you.
Axl: Cheers!
Axl: Hey, it's me again. Anything new?
Universal: About what?

What's your suggestion?

See, it's easy to say what you just said. If you don't need to think freely about why that might not be so easy after all....

Like I said, if you think Axl needs to just let the album go and let Universal do whatever they want with it, then you're right. Then it's all about Axl.
But what gives you the impression that's how he is about his art?

So, let's say there's an issue with Universal. You suggest giving up in the name of releasing it?
I'm curious.  Smiley

Of course you can say, "there must be a middle ground". Sure. What makes you think they're not trying to reach it, or haven't tried it?

/jarmo

Well I can't see what kind of stipulations they would enforce him that would make it impossible at this point in time in almost 2016. Especially when you consider all the money that was already invested by them in to Axl's work.

If this makes me a bad guy.. then I apologize, but I just can't see why it would be in the labels best interest to be difficult at this point in time.

To your point... If Axl and his management are really trying to find middle ground and the terms are just not acceptable to him... then sure... I sympathize...and it is his art as it is commonly pointed out... but it is still his career and his decision to withhold it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #467 on: October 22, 2015, 10:58:31 AM »

I offered you a hypothetical scenario to your "If Axl wants it, it will be done" theory.

I wasn't saying the record company is being difficult.
I was just pointing out that it's possible they haven't always agreed on how to put out GN'R's music.

Yes, it's his career and last time he felt like the record company didn't do their job.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't wanna do that again just so you can have a new album out... It's kinda obvious that Axl's not one of those artists who puts out new albums for the sake of putting them out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #468 on: October 22, 2015, 11:04:04 AM »

I offered you a hypothetical scenario to your "If Axl wants it, it will be done" theory.

I wasn't saying the record company is being difficult.
I was just pointing out that it's possible they haven't always agreed on how to put out GN'R's music.

Yes, it's his career and last time he felt like the record company didn't do their job.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't wanna do that again just so you can have a new album out... It's kinda obvious that Axl's not one of those artists who puts out new albums for the sake of putting them out.

/jarmo

Ya think? lol

And I agree with you that they have made it difficult for him in 2006... for a variety of reasons... mostly the amount of money they fronted him .. and wanted a return on... so they were going to try to make it as perfect as they could... in their minds.

But that's why I have trouble seeing the big deal now... any profit is better than it collecting dust. One would think.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #469 on: October 22, 2015, 11:25:54 AM »

Ah. Profit.

So you got one side who's obviously all about making money, and the other side who's about his art and the way it's presented/sold.

Yes, you'd think that the ones who are all about the money would do anything to make some. But then again, maybe that's not enough for Axl?

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #470 on: October 22, 2015, 11:33:48 AM »

Ah. Profit.

So you got one side who's obviously all about making money, and the other side who's about his art and the way it's presented/sold.

Yes, you'd think that the ones who are all about the money would do anything to make some. But then again, maybe that's not enough for Axl?

/jarmo

I have never thought Axl's decisions regarding the release have anything to do with profit...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #471 on: October 22, 2015, 11:45:20 AM »

But that's why I have trouble seeing the big deal now... any profit is better than it collecting dust. One would think.

One would, indeed.  Whatever the stalemate is, you are either working to get past it...or you aren't.

The only middle ground would be that you pay occasional lip service and go through the motions of trying to reach some sort of resolution, just so you can say you are trying. 

But I would still move that more towards the not really working to get past it side of things.  If either side gets an answer they don't like...waits 2 months...then sends out a rebuttal that doesn't really offer any concessions or some alternative compromise.....how seriously are you supposed to take that?

You can sit there and say "hey, I'm trying here!"  But are you?  Are you really?  Is this really a top priority for you?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #472 on: October 22, 2015, 11:46:14 AM »

I have never thought Axl's decisions regarding the release have anything to do with profit...

Yeah, that alone is probably a conflict with how most record companies operate.  hihi

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #473 on: October 22, 2015, 11:50:36 AM »

No, me neither.

I chalk it more up to him feeling he was wronged in some way (or 20 ways) and wants apologies and concessions because he's the victim here, dammit!

Its doing neither side any good right now.  From a pure business standpoint, its in both sides best interest to release it.  So the hold up has to be which sides are willing to take responsibility for what, in terms of how its done.  And if neither side wants to get down and kiss the ring, this is how it goes.

Then it becomes a case of being willing to die on this hill.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #474 on: October 22, 2015, 11:52:07 AM »

Yeah, that alone is probably a conflict with how most record companies operate.  hihi

/jarmo

Exactly!

Which is why I don't see their big issue with stamping the name GNR on it and selling it... it will sell...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #475 on: October 22, 2015, 11:59:41 AM »

Then you're assuming they would do anything.
They've probably made calculations on how to maximize the profit.

Their ideas of how, might be in conflict with Axl's just because they are only interested in maximum profit with least effort.

Like "If we do what he wants, we might make $X. But if we do what we want, we'll make more than that"....

/jarmo

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #476 on: October 22, 2015, 12:01:29 PM »

Semantics. Whatever condition the songs are currently in they aren't released. They could still be worked on, tinkered with, etc. So I wouldn't really consider them "done" until they're handed over to the label and prepped for release.

Ultimately true, obviously.

But the songs are already written and recorded.  And have been for some time now.

So really, what we're trying to do, is put a good spin on mixing and mastering, or "tinkering" if you prefer...that goes on for years at a time.

Years.
Yeah, but like jarmo said. Maybe they were "finished" and ready to be released. Maybe something happened that pushed the release back, so it's possible they could choose to tweak them a little. Heck, maybe the record company "hinted" that they could use a little work. Happened with CD 10 times over from all accounts.

Thats all well and good, but whats stopping GNR management or Axl and coming out and saying look.. we had planned for this to be out by XYZ.. but we have hit some stumbling blocks (whatever that might be) and allude to it.

The apologists seems to portray this operation like NASA in terms of secrecy and security.  Roll Eyes

Whatever anyone wants to say... there is no argument for the lack of information that the fans get in regards to this stuff. How hard is it to shed some light on this stuff?
There could be a multitude of reasons that I've already pointed out. It's tough to speculate when we don't know all the details. It's easy to say that they planned to release the album this fall. DJ left unexpectedly and now they plan for next spring. But it's probably much more complicated and involved than that.

If they had troubles with negotiations, they're not going to come out and blast the record company that they still need to work with. If there's some reunion plans in the works, they're not going to come out and let it be known until the time is right. There are many other complicated possibilities. It's not always black and white.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #477 on: October 22, 2015, 12:01:39 PM »

Then you're assuming they would do anything.
They've probably made calculations on how to maximize the profit.

Their ideas of how, might be in conflict with Axl's just because they are only interested in maximum profit with least effort.

Like "If we do what he wants, we might make $X. But if we do what we want, we'll make more than that"....

/jarmo

Sure.. that's plausible.

I don't budge on my original thought process... if there's a will.. there's a way  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #478 on: October 22, 2015, 12:03:39 PM »

Semantics. Whatever condition the songs are currently in they aren't released. They could still be worked on, tinkered with, etc. So I wouldn't really consider them "done" until they're handed over to the label and prepped for release.

Ultimately true, obviously.

But the songs are already written and recorded.  And have been for some time now.

So really, what we're trying to do, is put a good spin on mixing and mastering, or "tinkering" if you prefer...that goes on for years at a time.

Years.
Yeah, but like jarmo said. Maybe they were "finished" and ready to be released. Maybe something happened that pushed the release back, so it's possible they could choose to tweak them a little. Heck, maybe the record company "hinted" that they could use a little work. Happened with CD 10 times over from all accounts.

Thats all well and good, but whats stopping GNR management or Axl and coming out and saying look.. we had planned for this to be out by XYZ.. but we have hit some stumbling blocks (whatever that might be) and allude to it.

The apologists seems to portray this operation like NASA in terms of secrecy and security.  Roll Eyes

Whatever anyone wants to say... there is no argument for the lack of information that the fans get in regards to this stuff. How hard is it to shed some light on this stuff?
There could be a multitude of reasons that I've already pointed out. It's tough to speculate when we don't know all the details. It's easy to say that they planned to release the album this fall. DJ left unexpectedly and now they plan for next spring. But it's probably much more complicated and involved than that.

If they had troubles with negotiations, they're not going to come out and blast the record company that they still need to work with. If there's some reunion plans in the works, they're not going to come out and let it be known until the time is right. There are many other complicated possibilities. It's not always black and white.

The reunion cloud over this album release is a big one.

There is no way to possibly understand what affect that could have on it. Even the speculation around here about it could give the record company ideas on how to proceed or not proceed...

So for the 37th time... if the reunion chatter is completely off based... Put a stop to it now !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #479 on: October 22, 2015, 12:06:25 PM »

The reunion cloud over this album release is a big one.

There is no way to possibly understand what affect that could have on it. Even the speculation around here about it could give the record company ideas on how to proceed or not proceed...

So for the 37th time... if the reunion chatter is completely off based... Put a stop to it now !

True.

Of course, the answer might be something we here aren't going to want to hear.  I think many of us have said, reunion or no, we'd still like to hear this stuff.

However, the label might take the position that if Axl is about to go out with a version of the band everyone knows and loves, why should they be gung-ho to release a collection songs by people that aren't them?

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: