Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:34:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Likelihood of A New Album In 2016  (Read 92143 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #500 on: October 22, 2015, 04:40:45 PM »

What delay?

From "starting to look very seriously at what they are doing in that regard" (around mid-2014, per Axl), to whenever they have something for us.

If 2016 or beyond comes and there is some sort of reunion type deal announced, then that's what they were working on putting together.

If 2016 or beyond comes and there is a new album, then that is what they were working on putting together.

If 2016 or beyond comes and its confirmed there is no reunion coming, and still no news on an album....then what the hell have you been doing with your time? 

It sure wasn't looking very seriously at what you are doing in regards to anything new as it pertains to Guns N' Roses.

That's not necessarily true. They may have looked at what to do next soon after the Vegas dates. Maybe there was a plan in place, after a little R&R. Maybe somewhere along the line Axl smoothes things over with Slash and he's flooded with offers. Maybe he then decides he has to at least look into those offers. Maybe he decides the time isn't right and instead wants to refocus on getting an album out. Maybe DJ's departure came as a surprise and put any future plans on hold until they find a suitable replacement. All these things and a host of others MAY be going on. So it doesn't necessarily mean that nothing is or has been going on behind the scenes. It's a possibility, but far from a certainty.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #501 on: October 22, 2015, 04:53:19 PM »

That's not necessarily true. They may have looked at what to do next soon after the Vegas dates. Maybe there was a plan in place, after a little R&R. Maybe somewhere along the line Axl smoothes things over with Slash and he's flooded with offers. Maybe he then decides he has to at least look into those offers. Maybe he decides the time isn't right and instead wants to refocus on getting an album out. Maybe DJ's departure came as a surprise and put any future plans on hold until they find a suitable replacement. All these things and a host of others MAY be going on. So it doesn't necessarily mean that nothing is or has been going on behind the scenes. It's a possibility, but far from a certainty.

All true.

But let's say, sake of argument, the next time we see him is late 2016.  He's touring with a bunch of whoevers and no new material.

When asked if there was any real talk of a reunion, he either laughs or chides the interviewer for asking such a stupid question.

When asked if there was any real talk of a new album, he shrugs and says "who knows".

You don't think its at least a legit question to ask what exactly he'd been doing for the past 800 days?  He's not compelled to answer and we have to live with it, but you don't even think the question can be asked? 

You kind of make it seem like I'm asking if the moon landing was fake here.  Is it that crazy a question?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #502 on: October 22, 2015, 05:39:32 PM »

So you're asking about a hypothetical scenario in the future?

Of course he would get asked about the reunion and new music. It's been pretty much the case every year since 1996.....
Even if that happened, would you like the answers?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #503 on: October 22, 2015, 08:19:26 PM »

What delay?

From "starting to look very seriously at what they are doing in that regard" (around mid-2014, per Axl), to whenever they have something for us.

If 2016 or beyond comes and there is some sort of reunion type deal announced, then that's what they were working on putting together.

If 2016 or beyond comes and there is a new album, then that is what they were working on putting together.

If 2016 or beyond comes and its confirmed there is no reunion coming, and still no news on an album....then what the hell have you been doing with your time? 

It sure wasn't looking very seriously at what you are doing in regards to anything new as it pertains to Guns N' Roses.

Who says there was any delay?

Starting to look at something has no perceived deadline last time I checked.

You are attempting to assign a deadline of your own making to a project- doesn't work that way.

Fernando said there would be news in a few months, no need to panic or invent imaginary deadlines and hypothetical situations.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #504 on: October 22, 2015, 08:23:32 PM »

All true.

But let's say, sake of argument, the next time we see him is late 2016.  He's touring with a bunch of whoevers and no new material.

When asked if there was any real talk of a reunion, he either laughs or chides the interviewer for asking such a stupid question.

When asked if there was any real talk of a new album, he shrugs and says "who knows".

You don't think its at least a legit question to ask what exactly he'd been doing for the past 800 days?  He's not compelled to answer and we have to live with it, but you don't even think the question can be asked? 

You kind of make it seem like I'm asking if the moon landing was fake here.  Is it that crazy a question?

You really should apply your imaginative scenarios and fantasy conversations to writing fiction.  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #505 on: October 22, 2015, 09:47:20 PM »

All true.

You really should apply your imaginative scenarios and fantasy conversations to writing fiction.  ok

Obviously, You ReUnion Personal In You Brain

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #506 on: October 23, 2015, 10:18:58 AM »

All true.

I never said it was a crazy question, but I already described what he could possibly have been doing the last 800 days. Toured, rested, worked on album, talked to Slash, listened to offers, takes time to consider offers and what the next best move is, somewhere along the line DJ quits so album plans are pushed back now needing 2 guitarists, reach out to Robin, reach out to Bucket, search for other guitarists, settle on 2, eat, sleep, breathe, etc.

All of that is hypothetical obviously, and I'm sure many other things may have occurred along the way. If after all that they do embark on a tour with 2 new guitarists and no mention of an album, the question wouldn't be what have you done. A more appropriate question is where is this headed. I know that seems to be an eternal question with this band because there have been a lot of starts and stops along the way. This would be another example of that, a bump in the road if you will.

Listen, I think it's obvious that things haven't gone to plan over the last 16 years. I'm sure Axl had a different vision when relaunching the band. It hasn't been easy, to say the least. I know people like to lay blame on him and say he's lazy and just doesn't care anymore. And it's easy to say you have all the answers and outline an entire battle plan about how to proceed successfully. But unless you're in the situation and know exactly what's involved, it's all just a fantasy.

I have no problem with people questioning the process and being upset with the situation. But I find it hard to believe they wanted to take 9 years to put out CD, not tour for a year after its release, have 4 guitarists leave, then take another 7 years and counting on a follow up. Things happened along the way. Some inevitable, some maybe avoidable. But whatever the case, they happened, and they've had to deal with them. It's not an ideal situation, but I can only hope that they're working diligently on whatever the next best move may be. What that is, is open to interpretation.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #507 on: October 23, 2015, 10:31:23 AM »

Well put.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #508 on: October 23, 2015, 10:33:04 AM »

as Richard Manuel says in The Last Waltz, "I just wanna break even."   hihi

you rock aficionados would know what I am talking about....for the record, please watch that movie/rockumentary...absolutely classic.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:34:44 AM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #509 on: October 23, 2015, 10:37:56 AM »

All true.

I never said it was a crazy question, but I already described what he could possibly have been doing the last 800 days. Toured, rested, worked on album, talked to Slash, listened to offers, takes time to consider offers and what the next best move is, somewhere along the line DJ quits so album plans are pushed back now needing 2 guitarists, reach out to Robin, reach out to Bucket, search for other guitarists, settle on 2, eat, sleep, breathe, etc.

All of that is hypothetical obviously, and I'm sure many other things may have occurred along the way. If after all that they do embark on a tour with 2 new guitarists and no mention of an album, the question wouldn't be what have you done. A more appropriate question is where is this headed. I know that seems to be an eternal question with this band because there have been a lot of starts and stops along the way. This would be another example of that, a bump in the road if you will.

Listen, I think it's obvious that things haven't gone to plan over the last 16 years. I'm sure Axl had a different vision when relaunching the band. It hasn't been easy, to say the least. I know people like to lay blame on him and say he's lazy and just doesn't care anymore. And it's easy to say you have all the answers and outline an entire battle plan about how to proceed successfully. But unless you're in the situation and know exactly what's involved, it's all just a fantasy.

I have no problem with people questioning the process and being upset with the situation. But I find it hard to believe they wanted to take 9 years to put out CD, not tour for a year after its release, have 4 guitarists leave, then take another 7 years and counting on a follow up. Things happened along the way. Some inevitable, some maybe avoidable. But whatever the case, they happened, and they've had to deal with them. It's not an ideal situation, but I can only hope that they're working diligently on whatever the next best move may be. What that is, is open to interpretation.

Promotion Disc, Remember ?

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #510 on: October 23, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »

All of that is hypothetical obviously, and I'm sure many other things may have occurred along the way. If after all that they do embark on a tour with 2 new guitarists and no mention of an album, the question wouldn't be what have you done. A more appropriate question is where is this headed.

First of all, your entire post was reasonable.  I obviously disagree with parts of it, but there was a lot of good stuff in there.

But this bit I quoted, that, I can't abide.  Maybe even not so much in terms of the band's reaction, but in terms of some of his more ardent supporters.

You suggest that one question would not be appropriate, where another one would be.  I challenge that, highly. 

"When they have something to announce, they will announce it.  Why is that so hard to understand?"

Some variation of that is parroted quite often.  Therefore, I cannot agree with your premise that asking where this is headed would be deemed an appropriate question.  I have not seen any evidence there are any questions that are in bounds.  Questions are for the entitled and people that think they know everything.  At least, that's how its constantly explained to anyone that asks them.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #511 on: October 23, 2015, 04:56:39 PM »

All of that is hypothetical obviously, and I'm sure many other things may have occurred along the way. If after all that they do embark on a tour with 2 new guitarists and no mention of an album, the question wouldn't be what have you done. A more appropriate question is where is this headed.

First of all, your entire post was reasonable.  I obviously disagree with parts of it, but there was a lot of good stuff in there.

But this bit I quoted, that, I can't abide.  Maybe even not so much in terms of the band's reaction, but in terms of some of his more ardent supporters.

You suggest that one question would not be appropriate, where another one would be.  I challenge that, highly. 

"When they have something to announce, they will announce it.  Why is that so hard to understand?"

Some variation of that is parroted quite often.  Therefore, I cannot agree with your premise that asking where this is headed would be deemed an appropriate question.  I have not seen any evidence there are any questions that are in bounds.  Questions are for the entitled and people that think they know everything.  At least, that's how its constantly explained to anyone that asks them.

Sometimes endless questions, as well as fake concern and supposed "worrying" about one thing or another are merely a thinly disguised avenue for the usual circle to  voice yet more complaints and spin yet more negative hooplah.

You seem to think the members here that you view as "blind followers" and "apologists" "cult members" blah blah- are somehow not as intellectual and savvy as you envision yourself to be.

You are very mistaken there.   Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #512 on: October 23, 2015, 07:48:12 PM »

Sometimes endless questions, as well as fake concern and supposed "worrying" about one thing or another are merely a thinly disguised avenue for the usual circle to  voice yet more complaints and spin yet more negative hooplah.

Maybe.  But in this case, it could not be more literal.

I'm using his exact example : Axl comes back with 2 new guitarists, hits the road, no new album.

From that, he thinks asking "well, what's the plan going forward?" is an appropriate question.  Yet if it was asked, what the response?

#1) You know, that's a fair question.  What is the plan going forward?

#2) They just went back on tour.  Aren't you ever happy?

#3) When they have something to announce, they'll announce it.  Why is that so hard to understand?

So for me to be "wrong", you would have to be telling me that answer #1 would have at least a fair share of the percentage of response.  Is that, in fact, your stance?

Because I say it has no shot.  Answers may be split between #2 and #3, but #1 is not even in the running. 

Hence, there are no real acceptable questions.  Are there?

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #513 on: October 23, 2015, 09:29:12 PM »

I'm using his exact example : Axl comes back with 2 new guitarists, hits the road, no new album.

From that, he thinks asking "well, what's the plan going forward?" is an appropriate question.  Yet if it was asked, what the response?

#3) When they have something to announce, they'll announce it.  Why is that so hard to understand?

So for me to be "wrong", you would have to be telling me that answer #1 would have at least a fair share of the percentage of response.  Is that, in fact, your stance?

Because I say it has no shot.  Answers may be split between #2 and #3, but #1 is not even in the running. 

If I can chime in here.  I think the point isn't that there are questions that are not acceptable, its more like, why bother asking them when you're not going to get a response that you want to here.  We'd all like to have 6 albums since TSI, but its not meant to be.  Don't have to be happy about it, but complaining about it, day in and day out, is a waste of time.  I'll tell you one thing though. I would take GN'R's catalog over just about anyone else's out there, despite the fact that they only have 6 releases.  Shit, they could have broke up after AFD, and GN'R and that album would still be at or near the top of my list of favorites. 

I am taking Fernando at his word that we'll hear something soon.  And I'm confident that a new album has been a focus more now than ever.  Since he put a window of time out there, I wouldn't mind getting an update at the end of the year as to when we might expect some news. 

#LGM

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #514 on: October 23, 2015, 10:53:19 PM »

No, my stance is- that I'm firmly convinced by your post history that you like to whine and complain about everything imaginable both old issues and new possibilities.

If you can attempt to further your agenda by pretending to ask questions and feign worry and concern, I have no doubts you will do just that.

Now you are complaining about "that there are no acceptable questions".

Can't wait until you bring up the setlist, the name, the start times etc, your cancelled show etc. yet again so we can all pay attention to poor you and how you have been so mistreated by this band and how you have all the answers in your infinite e-expertise to solve every perceived problem.

"Shut the fuck up."
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #515 on: October 24, 2015, 02:55:12 AM »

However, I still am not convinced we're any closer to hearing the next album than we were at this time last year...or the year before.

How's that possible? Every day we're getting closer.
We just don't know the date..... But we're getting closer. Day by day.

/jarmo

I think the next album of new music will come. 2018

Reunion 2016.  In some form

If it goes really well.  May get a sound track song

If that sells.  We may get some unreleased stuff.  With a one off road recent recorded song

All the the stuff I really want to hear.  All my buckethead stuff.   Well that will have to wait for anonother 6 years I think

Makes good business sense to.  Build the guns name again.  Then sell sell sell
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #516 on: October 24, 2015, 07:03:11 AM »

I'll tell you one thing though. I would take GN'R's catalog over just about anyone else's out there, despite the fact that they only have 6 releases.  Shit, they could have broke up after AFD, and GN'R and that album would still be at or near the top of my list of favorites. 

I've said similar things.

We all have those other bands where there is that completely forgettable album.  The ones with maybe one good single and a bunch of filler and total crap.

We don't really have that.  No matter how you rank their albums, their "worst" one is still pretty damn good.

And I'm confident that a new album has been a focus more now than ever. 

I was thinking this after Axl's interview last year.  But I'd be lying if I said given the developments since that time that I have not wavered a bit.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #517 on: October 24, 2015, 07:06:19 AM »

No, my stance is- that I'm firmly convinced by your post history that you like to whine and complain about everything imaginable both old issues and new possibilities.

If you can attempt to further your agenda by pretending to ask questions and feign worry and concern, I have no doubts you will do just that.

Now you are complaining about "that there are no acceptable questions".

Can't wait until you bring up the setlist, the name, the start times etc, your cancelled show etc. yet again so we can all pay attention to poor you and how you have been so mistreated by this band and how you have all the answers in your infinite e-expertise to solve every perceived problem.

This is yet another post about long standing problems you have with me, personally.

You have not really addressed the point faldor made.  And since you've had 2 cracks at it now, it seems you won't be doing so.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #518 on: October 24, 2015, 08:33:49 AM »

However, I still am not convinced we're any closer to hearing the next album than we were at this time last year...or the year before.

How's that possible? Every day we're getting closer.
We just don't know the date..... But we're getting closer. Day by day.

/jarmo

I think the next album of new music will come. 2018

Reunion 2016.  In some form

If it goes really well.  May get a sound track song

If that sells.  We may get some unreleased stuff.  With a one off road recent recorded song

All the the stuff I really want to hear.  All my buckethead stuff.   Well that will have to wait for anonother 6 years I think

Makes good business sense to.  Build the guns name again.  Then sell sell sell

I agree with this.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #519 on: October 24, 2015, 01:18:54 PM »

I think we're all questioning what happens next. I mean those of us that remain come here to discuss these things for a reason. We must still have an interest in where the story is going. The issue is when you start to question why things don't get done on a certain timetable or in a certain manner. I'll freely admit that the musical output over the last 20 years has been underwhelming in terms of quantity. I don't think anyone is arguing against that. But we don't have all the facts at our disposal and can't even begin to put ourselves in Axl's shoes, no matter how hard we try. I don't think it's crazy to say that Axl Rose has more hurdles to clear in a business sense than a Joe Elliott, Keith Richards, etc. Plus, whether he's a perfectionist or "cares about his art" more than others. That can be debated, but he's certainly a unique individual in a less than ideal situation. And as we've covered, he doesn't seem too keen on deadlines, timeframes, etc.

Ultimately, I think he has solid reasoning behind the choices he makes. It might not make sense to us, but we don't have all the details. He seems to be a well thought out individual who feels an extra resposibility to protect his own interests. I think it has more to do with deciding what's best for him and the band over what makes a vocal minority of GNR forum members happy.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: