Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:41:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227866 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl-50 Cent
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl-50 Cent  (Read 13137 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2007, 02:17:57 PM »

I don't have a source, but I thought I read somewhere that Slash and/or Axl recorded some songs with Eazy E. I'd love to hear that.

Axl very much wanted NWA to open the UYI tour but it never worked out. I think Easy not being with NWA was the sole reason so I would assume no recordings exist, but you never know.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2007, 02:34:24 PM »

Weren't both Nas and Shaq rumored to have recorded with GN'R in the late 90's?
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2007, 03:27:57 PM »

I say let's not mix rap with Axl. Two totally different crowds. Can you imagine rap fans going to a GNR concert just to hear the song Axl rapped?HuhHuh Talk about needed security and the bling everywhere not to mention that I would be fearful someone would be shot during the show or outside one of the venues.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2007, 05:45:59 PM »

The material that Slash did was for Eazy-E's solo album.
http://www.eazy-e.com/eazy_e_death_details.php
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2007, 06:46:20 PM »

Axl's already dipped his hand in rap rock. It's called Get In The Ring and it's embarrassing.

50 Cent is a far better suggestion than some that have been floating around in this thread. Kanye West? Andre 3000? 50's much more suited to the challenge.

I fail to see how "Get in the Ring" has anything to do with rap.....if your talking about Axl's "rant" ...that's FAR from rap....it's exactly what it sounds like...a rant...
It's both. It's rhythmically precise and the language used clearly indicates he was inspired by rap music.

how can anyone say that 50 would do better with axl then andre 3000 Shocked
Because really good musicians often don't make really good music together. Hence the failure of Prince and Michael Jackson's collaborations. 50 is far more atuned to heavy rock, even if he is an inferior musician.
CSS
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2007, 07:39:39 PM »

It's both. It's rhythmically precise and the language used clearly indicates he was inspired by rap music.

Do you have any source to back up that statement or is it just a theory?

Because I don't think that it sounds anything like rap - not even when talking about influences.

It just sounds like a speech to me, but he kinda "sings" instead of speaking...
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2007, 08:37:02 PM »

No, it's an empirical statement, I wasn't attributing it to anybody.

Feel free to disagree, but the entire song sounds as if it's influenced by 80s hip hop, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is some interview that backs up my opinion. The "why do you look at me..." and "I don't like you..." parts, in my mind, are reminiscent of lazy east coast rap melodies; his choice of words in the rant clearly resemble the speech patterns used in hip hop at the time, and also I'm right.
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2007, 10:09:09 AM »

No, it's an empirical statement, I wasn't attributing it to anybody.

Feel free to disagree, but the entire song sounds as if it's influenced by 80s hip hop, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is some interview that backs up my opinion. The "why do you look at me..." and "I don't like you..." parts, in my mind, are reminiscent of lazy east coast rap melodies; his choice of words in the rant clearly resemble the speech patterns used in hip hop at the time, and also I'm right.

Thank goodness i may disagree, cuz i'll go ahead and do just that... GITR has nothing to do with rap... he either sings or just plainly speaks throuought the song... I'd be betting this month's pay you will not find any interview or even a statement from anyone involved with the making of that song that says it has anything to do with rap... simply cuz it doesn't
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2007, 01:01:54 PM »

50 Cent is THE worst rapper out today. He is horrible!!!!!!!!!

Only rappers i would support Axl doing anything with are Eminem,Nas and Dr Dre.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2007, 05:34:59 PM »

1:  GITR is not rap or anything close to it.

2:  if you want Axl rapping, go to the Rocket Queen rap interlude from the old Tokyo UYI vids.  Heck, My World is closer to rap than GITR and I still don't consider either of those "rap."

3:  let Fiddy to his own thang, ya know, talking over beats.  I'm looking forward to Axl singing... Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2007, 05:44:36 PM »

I say let's not mix rap with Axl. Two totally different crowds. Can you imagine rap fans going to a GNR concert just to hear the song Axl rapped?HuhHuh Talk about needed security and the bling everywhere not to mention that I would be fearful someone would be shot during the show or outside one of the venues.

UM you are badmouthing rap fans saying they would make GNR concerts dangerous??? compared to GNR fans???...thats HILARIOUS considering how many riots have been caused at GNR concerts!

and if you wanna hear Axl rapping then get a bootleg with "Tastes Good, Don't It'
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 05:47:59 PM by jaypayton » Logged
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2007, 10:29:15 AM »

well, thank god there were no fire arms in those riots   ok
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2007, 01:35:58 PM »

I have no problem with collaborations (so long as GNR doesn't become a rap-rock outfit  nervous), but this band is a rock legend, and should collaborate with artists of equal stature.  50 Cent is not in that category.  Ice Cube or Chuck D or someone like that...it could be cool.  There'd be a backlash from all the rock fans who never got into rap (you know...back when it was good and edgy), but Axl doesn't strike me as one who's afraid to push the envelope.  That said, so many have done this now, for good or ill, that it's not really all that creative or interesting,anymore. 

If you're desperate to hear something like this, Duff had that rap song on his first album. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2007, 04:15:54 PM »

Um......yeah.  This idea is awful.  Can't believe this thread is still rolling.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2007, 08:53:22 PM »

horrible idea...axl does one thing better than anyone...rock n roll!  anyone remember the my world thing...it sucked and i havent listened to it for years.  i simply eject the cd after dont cry!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2007, 02:40:41 AM »

If you all don't mind this new "era" of G N' R how could you mind Axl rapping??  The new G N' R are anything but classic rock, sorry to break the news to you.

-KK
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2007, 02:48:12 AM »

If you all don't mind this new "era" of G N' R how could you mind Axl rapping??? The new G N' R are anything but classic rock, sorry to break the news to you.

What the fuck?

Well, this changes everything...
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2007, 12:22:11 PM »

New GnR is way closer to Classic Rock than it is to Rap. 

Rap sucks, GnR does not.  Its that simple.  GITR is NOTHING like rap.  In fact, it's one of my favorites.  And I hate rap with a passion.  It never even occured to me that is was rap-like.  I dont even consider rap to be music.

As for the death of rock, i say it was Nirvana.  From Nirvana on, it was never quite the same.  And now we're stuck w/ crap.  Nickelback.....  Give me a break.

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2007, 02:02:55 PM »

Actually, since Nirvana it's all the same in mainstream... assholes crying about the problems of boyhood... as far as my taste goes, the last good band on mainstream was Audioslave and they're over, so everything pretty much sucks now. If i try real hard i'll think of something worth listening to  on the radio nowadays, but nothing comes to mind now... Thank the almighty for metal bands or there'd pretty much be nothing... some of u guys should check it out... you'd be considering Axl + Dark Tranquility or Slayer instead of fantasizing him with this 50cent asswipe
green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2007, 08:39:17 AM »

Fuck 50 or Emenim. Axl should rap with the real underground rapper and he is known as IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE. Listen to this motherfucker and you will forget about all fake rappers that you see on MTV.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: