Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 10:57:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 116231 times)
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #500 on: May 22, 2015, 09:03:52 AM »

I'm one of those fans that wants to hear more CD era songs and focus on the future
A stable lineup hasn't helped any in getting the rest of those songs from 1999 out for public consumption.
Perhaps, if Axl is willing to play ball in regard to a reunion tour, the label will be willing to release CD2.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #501 on: May 22, 2015, 09:08:41 AM »

Releasing those songs, the Chinese leftovers under a new name (Stay of Execution) and then some kind of revamped GNR lineup/reunion with at least Duff is probably the best of both worlds.

That's just my personal preference.

I want to hear those songs as much as anybody else, but I don't need them under the GNR name especially when Robin, Brian, Bucket, Josh and Tobias have all been not involved for a combined 50 plus years.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:16:19 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #502 on: May 22, 2015, 09:51:58 AM »

This reunion will NEVER happen. Axl said himself "not in this lifetime "

There is no real evidence you can point to that support it.  This is pretty much all based on hope.

But...can't you say the same about the follow up to 'Chinese Democracy'?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #503 on: May 22, 2015, 12:05:02 PM »

This reunion will NEVER happen. Axl said himself "not in this lifetime "

There is no real evidence you can point to that support it.  This is pretty much all based on hope.

But...can't you say the same about the follow up to 'Chinese Democracy'?

No you cant say that

Axl has never publicly said anyting possitive publicly, in regards to getting back together with the old band.

Axl has only said possitive things in regards to releasing new/previously recorded music.  I have never once read or heard of any problems he is having releasing this music.  So as far as I know, he is holding all the cards.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #504 on: May 22, 2015, 01:47:23 PM »

Axl has never publicly said anyting possitive publicly, in regards to getting back together with the old band.

Axl has only said possitive things in regards to releasing new/previously recorded music.  I have never once read or heard of any problems he is having releasing this music.  So as far as I know, he is holding all the cards.

I agree the reunion is the longer shot.  No question.

But something with probably only a 10% chance of happening only looks good compared to something at 0%.  Not a real high bar there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #505 on: May 22, 2015, 03:16:10 PM »

More from Duff:

DUFF MCKAGAN Says Classic GUNS N' ROSES Reunion 'Could Happen'

Asked about the possibility of a reunion of GUNS N' ROSES' classic lineup, Duff said: "It could happen. I mean, this thing could happen, and it could not. And I think it would be wonderful, one day, if we reconciled, first and foremost. That alone would be cool."

Pressed on why he thinks the classic GN'R lineup fell apart, Duff said: "I think every band is different, for sure. I can't really? With our band, it was a lot of things. We just got really big? Once we started getting big, we got really big really fast. And there's no 'how-to' instructional manual for that thing, what happens to your life. We'd just fall into every kind of stupid typical thing that we thought we'd never fall into."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-says-classic-guns-n-roses-reunion-could-happen/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #506 on: May 22, 2015, 04:07:44 PM »

I do find it rather interesting that Slash's name has been allowed in the GnR section, I thought that was taboo. And the "R" word as well..........

Are you serious?

He plays on several GN'R albums. Not allow his name to be mentioned in the GN'R section seems kinda weird. But that's me. I'm not one of those people who make shit up and think it's the truth.

Now, regarding discussions about his solo career or bands after GN'R, they got their own section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #507 on: May 22, 2015, 06:20:44 PM »

More from Duff:

DUFF MCKAGAN Says Classic GUNS N' ROSES Reunion 'Could Happen'

Asked about the possibility of a reunion of GUNS N' ROSES' classic lineup, Duff said: "It could happen. I mean, this thing could happen, and it could not. And I think it would be wonderful, one day, if we reconciled, first and foremost. That alone would be cool."

Pressed on why he thinks the classic GN'R lineup fell apart, Duff said: "I think every band is different, for sure. I can't really? With our band, it was a lot of things. We just got really big? Once we started getting big, we got really big really fast. And there's no 'how-to' instructional manual for that thing, what happens to your life. We'd just fall into every kind of stupid typical thing that we thought we'd never fall into."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-says-classic-guns-n-roses-reunion-could-happen/

Ha! Duff is always diplomatic. Should be a real strong candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize  Smiley

I think today's situation is good. Happy to see the temperature is chiller and they actually say nice things. And I agree with Duff, first and foremost, reconcile. And maybe some friendly jams and guest apperances. But the main focus should still be on the current band. I believe that's create the best result.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
italian queen
« Reply #508 on: May 23, 2015, 08:05:55 AM »

yes, very diplomatic.
nothing new, anyway....
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #509 on: May 24, 2015, 01:03:33 PM »

I do find it rather interesting that Slash's name has been allowed in the GnR section, I thought that was taboo. And the "R" word as well..........

Are you serious?

He plays on several GN'R albums. Not allow his name to be mentioned in the GN'R section seems kinda weird. But that's me. I'm not one of those people who make shit up and think it's the truth.

Now, regarding discussions about his solo career or bands after GN'R, they got their own section.

/jarmo

Very Diplomatic J.

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #510 on: May 27, 2015, 12:27:27 PM »

I'm really torn over whether I think they should reunite. While it would be great to hear what they could up with now musically, there is a part of me that believes that what made them great was their honesty and the experiences which help create those classic songs. They are all in different places now. Probably better places. DOnt know how that would translate in terms of new music.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #511 on: May 27, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »

If they do I just fear that the other Chinese era material will be gone...
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #512 on: May 27, 2015, 12:49:26 PM »

Jarmo - You seem to be lightening up on Slash a bit these days. Know something you cannot share here?     Grin
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:52:23 PM by jak0lantern01 » Logged
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #513 on: May 27, 2015, 01:03:52 PM »

He could always release it as a solo album.
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #514 on: May 27, 2015, 01:17:56 PM »

He should have done that 15+ years ago..........
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #515 on: May 27, 2015, 03:12:40 PM »

I'm really torn over whether I think they should reunite. While it would be great to hear what they could up with now musically, there is a part of me that believes that what made them great was their honesty and the experiences which help create those classic songs. They are all in different places now. Probably better places. DOnt know how that would translate in terms of new music.

I was never against it, but I just considered such an absurd fantasy, I didn't think it was worth talking about.

But let's face it.  To say Axl is spinning his wheels with the new band is an insult to the concept of spinning one's wheels.  8 years to get out one album, and we are closing in on 7 more years and we are no closer to a second.  And this is for songs already done!

I have always taken the position on the new band, hey, it is what it is.  Not even close to what I consider a legitimate Guns N' Roses, but if this was the alternative to no Axl Rose at all, then yes, give me this.

But what's he doing here?  I still don't really have any more hope Axl would soften on a reunion (even just a tour) you gotta work some pretty serious overtime to argue his heart is even in the new band anymore.

What's the plan?

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #516 on: May 27, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »

I just want to hear some new/unreleased music. Slash being back in the band doesn't do much for me, personally. I'm long past taking sides, I just fear it would mean some of the Chinese era material/stuff in the works currently wouldn't see the light of day (if the focus shifted to starting from scratch, for example).
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #517 on: May 27, 2015, 03:51:44 PM »

I just want to hear some new/unreleased music. Slash being back in the band doesn't do much for me, personally. I'm long past taking sides, I just fear it would mean some of the Chinese era material/stuff in the works currently wouldn't see the light of day (if the focus shifted to starting from scratch, for example).

Oh, I see no plausible argument that even so much as a reunion tour signals the death knell for any remaining Chinese material.

But, let's be real here.  Does it look like its coming out anytime soon?  You can agree a reunion kills it entirely, but is it all that alive right now?

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #518 on: May 27, 2015, 08:57:30 PM »

The way I see it, a reunion is the quickest path to CD2.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #519 on: May 27, 2015, 09:04:45 PM »

He could always release it as a solo album.

How would this work honestly?

So the label spent a decade funding this music.   Now you really think they would just let Axl release any music just under his name or another band name or with another label?   No chance in hell.    If the label was serious about releasing music as well, they would be promoting the name guns n roses to the max    

I would be super courious as to owns the unreleased guns songs from the CD recording sessions.     I know Axl funded a good junk of the money.  So mb its split 80 percent 20 percent.  With the label having the biggest chunk

Honestly this is what I see happening.  

I think there will be some form of reunion.    

I think guns will release another greatest hits album to support this reunion tour.   I gh album that the band gets to pick the track listing

On this second greatest hits album there will be about 4 unreleased songs on it from the CD recording sessions

During the reunion tour.    The old gang decides to sit down and record a few new tracks.  Say 6

Guns releases a new album with 6 newly recorded songs from the reunion tour mixed in with 6 previously unreleased tracks from the CD recoding sessions.  

Then........

Hahaha
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: