Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:39:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework  (Read 98715 times)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

If Axl comes here and does a similar thing... We'll all be part of music history, boys and girls smoking
Who the fuck would've thought?? beer

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2008, 11:05:11 PM »

I can't believe it ! The guy is not only a genius, but incredibly meticulous...

.....and has a memory like an elephant.  hihi

Of course he does, he is pretty much and always was the cleanest (drug wise) of the old bunch.  Memory tends to get mucky when you spent half the time strung out and out of your head.  Axl always had his vision and tried to stick to it the best he could.  Maybe that was perceived as being difficult or being a perfectionist but I certainly appreciate that more than I would someone sloppy who didn't care at all or only cared after the fact.

I just wish people would have asked better questions.  How many questions does he have to answer about the legality of the name?  Who cares anymore?  I care about the now and what the band will do in the future.  I mean, I am glad he is clearing it up but for crissakes I just wish some people would put it to bed already.

It's just too bad I am never awake when Axl is! Grin
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2008, 11:09:42 PM »

I can't believe it ! The guy is not only a genius, but incredibly meticulous...

.....and has a memory like an elephant.  hihi

Of course he does, he is pretty much and always was the cleanest (drug wise) of the old bunch.  Memory tends to get mucky when you spent half the time strung out and out of your head.  Axl always had his vision and tried to stick to it the best he could.  Maybe that was perceived as being difficult or being a perfectionist but I certainly appreciate that more than I would someone sloppy who didn't care at all or only cared after the fact.

I just wish people would have asked better questions.  How many questions does he have to answer about the legality of the name?  Who cares anymore?  I care about the now and what the band will do in the future.  I mean, I am glad he is clearing it up but for crissakes I just wish some people would put it to bed already.

It's just too bad I am never awake when Axl is! Grin

lmao, I think you missed the whole concept of his post, Axl was the one who wanted to talk about it!
He decided the topic and invited people to ask questions about it. Hope he does something similar here! Smiley

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2008, 11:10:25 PM »

He was answering questions that were posted in a pinned thread and those were the questions asked.

here is the thread.  you can read the questions.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=133276

« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 11:11:57 PM by Bandita » Logged
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2008, 11:12:10 PM »

He was answering questions that were posted in a pinned thread and those were the questions asked.

Yeah but Axl decided the topic. Anyway... Roll Eyes

GN'R 2010!!!
axlrose_7
Headliner

I Rock

« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2008, 11:13:17 PM »

Like most interviews. The interviewed person chooses what he wants to talk about previously.

My words may disturb but at least there's a reaction
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2008, 11:13:58 PM »

Nevermind. It's late and I am lacking sleep. hihi Either way, it's a topic I am sick of, I am much more interested in the band now.  Hopefully next time!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2008, 11:14:52 PM »

Nevermind. It's late and I am lacking sleep. hihi Either way, it's a topic I am sick of, I am much more interested in the band now.  Hopefully next time!

Sure!

GN'R 2010!!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2008, 11:19:05 PM »

That took me awhile to read and I may read it again since there is a lot of info there to take in.

That was great for him to give us his side of things.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2008, 11:19:49 PM »

Sure!

?

I guess he really did want to get it off his chest then.  I also got from reading it that there were legal reasons for things he couldn't discuss previously.  I would imagine that to be pretty frustrating especially after all the years of lawsuits and accusations.

Say what you will but I believe what Axl has to say about it as pretty much fact in this situation.  
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2008, 11:24:47 PM »

Axl is answering all kinds of questions about Slash, The old Band, The new One and everything in between.

That dude ain't afraid of shit! Take notes people.

Awsome!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2008, 11:30:40 PM »

Amazing to hear Axl begin to go to such lengths to explain what really happened, at least from his perspective anyway.  I will definitely have to re-read parts as certain meanings are difficult to understand, but this is certainly historic as others have said.  Thank you Axl, it means a lot to us that you've shared this.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2008, 11:34:55 PM »

To quote a very wise and educated man,

"The Truth is the Truth hurts, dont you agree?"

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2008, 11:35:44 PM »

This moment is basically legendary.
hooliganscomics
Banned
Headliner

Kool Aid free since '93

« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2008, 11:49:55 PM »

Really cool read. Makes you wonder what those "shady business types" had put in each one of their heads that made GnR such a volatile situation. Marketing and publishing rights must have been at the fore front. I believe there was so much personal and financial gain for management that destroying the band and their friendships was inevitable. Big business blows and one can only hope that one day these guys can be friends again. It's a shame what fame and fortune does to people.

If you don't like what I have to say stop reading my posts.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2008, 12:17:15 AM »

He must have posted this on mygnr because that bored is overly negative about this partiuclar issue, even some of the mods.   

Hopefully he changes some fools minds.. or at least makes them second guess their $la$h bias.

And hopefully he comes back here and talks about the current lineup of GnR more and the future!   beer

U have obviously never posted on Mygnr.com

they had a big fat 80 page reunion thread

a thread on how Contraband was better than CD

so.......... find another excuse dude, don't blame us Roll Eyes

If axl has proven anything from these chats, its that he accepts everything and is able to deal and handle it himself. He said he understood if people were a fan of a certain lineup. so if Axl is ok with it? how come u can't be?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2008, 12:20:48 AM »

He must have posted this on mygnr because that bored is overly negative about this partiuclar issue, even some of the mods.   

Hopefully he changes some fools minds.. or at least makes them second guess their $la$h bias.

And hopefully he comes back here and talks about the current lineup of GnR more and the future!   beer

If axl has proven anything from these chats, its that he accepts everything and is able to deal and handle it himself. He said he understood if people were a fan of a certain lineup. so if Axl is ok with it? how come u can't be?

I read mygnr.com and it's probaly the most negative outta the Big 3 Message Boards.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2008, 12:25:32 AM »

Great point, and there are many people on this forum who are hypocrites that will now follow this advice,  since Axl said he understands. 

I believe someone on this site brought up the sports-team analogy months ago, and was ripped apart for saying that.   Roll Eyes   
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2008, 12:26:17 AM »

Im glad Axl talked about the past and the whole gnr name issue,
I think thats allowed him now to put out his thoughts and what happened to the public, so both him and the public can accept it
and come to terms with it, so we can all finally look forward to an eventful 2009 year of the chinese.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2008, 12:32:42 AM »

Sorry Jim Bob

I completely read what u said wrong somehow and thought u said something u didn't.

My Apologies!!! ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

The next time i feel the need to bash u, i won't to make up for this time. hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: