Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:18:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework  (Read 98715 times)
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« on: December 14, 2008, 06:04:05 PM »

Here there is the new topic
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=133371

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
Stony Sleep
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 06:18:41 PM »

Wow, that was interesting. And looooong.
Good to hear the other side of the story finally  ... but am I the only one who thinks Axl sounds quite bitter?!
GeraldFord
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 06:26:04 PM »

Good to hear the other side of the story finally  ... but am I the only one who thinks Axl sounds quite bitter?!

I don't think he sounds bitter--he's just standing up for himself. Read Slash's book for heaven's sake...Axl is just giving his side of the story.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 06:27:24 PM »

Amazing read.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 06:28:48 PM »

I don't think he sounds bitter at all, but if he was I think he has every right to be considering how much bullshit has been said about this topic by the former members etc for years and how everyone had made Axl out to be the villain because of it. I sure as hell would be bitter if all that shit was being slung at me day in and day out for no reason other then for them to save face and try and get history changed.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 06:29:32 PM »

that was an amazing read. Cleared up so much and really filled a lot of spaces.

The fact he posted that is awesome and shows he does care about the fans he just wasn't legally allowed to say anything.

I liked his part where he said if what they said about him were true he would say Fuck me too. LOL!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
domi
Kashmir
Rocker

Vae Victis!

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 06:29:40 PM »

A long and interesting read.
Thanks Axl for enlighting us. beer
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 06:39:48 PM by domi » Logged

Omne ius hominum causa constitutum.
(Hermogenian, D. 1,5,2)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 06:35:34 PM »

I have no words, I'm speechless Shocked

how often does that happen right hihi
Stony Sleep
Opening Act

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 06:41:57 PM »

I don't think he sounds bitter--he's just standing up for himself. Read Slash's book for heaven's sake...Axl is just giving his side of the story.

Dont get me wrong - i think he totally has the right to say whatever he feels about Slash after everything that was said and done over the years. And yes, he has totally the right to be bitter, upset, disappointed or whatever...
This post was made just a few seconds after i finished reading axl post. In between all those facts this negative vibe was it what touched me the most. It made me remmeber lots of bullshit that was said like it was yesterday. Because that is not just a 'normal' interview or article written by a third party, it is more like a personal letter. Just wanted to 'discuss' this feeling i got from this post.
Didnt mean to offend anyone.
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 06:47:55 PM »

Amazing read.

/jarmo

Yeah that basically sums it up. Wow. Really is something to finally hear Axl's side of the story after all these years. Can't help but feel bad for him. All these years of Slash and co. lying to the media and whoever will listen just to save face while Axl sat in the shadows taking the blows. I'm glad he finally came out to tell us the real story.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 06:48:16 PM »

Very cool and amazing and can't wait to read the whole thing.  Super long though! haha.

Definitely nice to hear the other side to the story.  

Let's see how long it takes people to start analyzing/dissecting EVERY word he said and compare it to interviews that are 20 years old...

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 06:50:32 PM »

Awesome ! just plain Awesome !  thank you Axl for that post.  I really believe him over Slash any day of the week.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 06:51:31 PM »

Simply amazing. Thank you Axl for the time.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 06:54:34 PM »

Interesting read! I must say it's good to hear the other side of the story for once, Yet we all know that truth is somewhere in the middle, Axl is telling the story so it'll make him look better and the same goes for Slash...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »

Axl really has responded. How many years have we wondered about his side of the story.

He didn't sell these answers in a book or a publicized magazine interview. He gave them to us for free.

Pretty inspiring.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pine Barrens
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 06:57:01 PM »

Quote from killingvector: "He didn't sell these answers in a book or a publicized magazine interview. He gave them to us for free."

Excellent point, killingvector!

Nice to hear Axl's side of the story. I always wondered about that whole "He wouldn't go onstage unless we gave him the name" claim by Slash. It always seemed so ludicrous to me.
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 06:57:26 PM »

Obviously it took Axl a very long time to write this, he didn't have to do it, but he did!  I hope it clears up a lot of confusion.  

Thanks!!

cybercurves
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 06:58:18 PM »

I think this is probably the most important statement Axl has ever issued in regards to the state of the union.

A historic address.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 06:59:21 PM »

He's right, Slash has always been in the media telling his side of the story, which for whatever reason, everyone bought and believes it to be true, and everything is Axls fault.  Why not just leave Axl alone.  He OWNS Guns N Roses, and will continue to TOUR and make MUSIC with GUNS N ROSES>

GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 07:01:19 PM »

I think it was an amazing read. I've wanted to hear his take on so many things for almost 15 years, so it was really cool to hear from him in such a candid way. I hope Axl continues to post and maybe explain his side of things more often.

I'd love for him to let us understand some of the recording and writing process that took place for Chinese Democracy, the evolution of the project and whatnot.

To Axl: Now that I know for sure you come here some times, I'll re-write what I once sent off to LA in a letter as a troubled teenager almost 10 years ago:

Your music has been an inspiration in so many ways over the course of my life. I am only old enough to vaguely remember GNR being on top of the world, but I have enjoyed your music since I was 8 years old. There were many tough battles over the course of my formative years in regards to life at home, as well as school, etc. I have always found solace in your work and have always felt that it helped me make it through those tough times. Those memories and feelings are why I've anticipated ChiDem for so long, why I have always made sure to catch your live shows whenever you tour.

I also took an active interest in music due to GNR. The music was my inspiration to learn to play rock music and sing.

I know sometimes we can be very critical about not getting what we want, but I for one at this point just wanted to say I can't thank you enough for the music you have made. It has made more a difference than you could ever know.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: