Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:31:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER: New Album 'Is Coming Off Amazingly'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER: New Album 'Is Coming Off Amazingly'  (Read 4448 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: December 21, 2006, 01:17:43 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER vocalist Scott Weiland's (ex-STONE TEMPLE PILOTS) MySpace has been updated with the following message:

"I just wanted to give you all a little update from the studio on the new VELVET REVOLVER record. Having spent some time with the guys during pre-production and now most currently in the studio, I have to say that this thing is coming off amazingly. With producer Brendan O'Brien in charge of the ship, the guys are sounding awesome. More than once I've heard Scott say that this is the best album he's ever done and that he hasn't been this excited since putting out 'Purple' with STP. Right now I can count at least 5-6 singles and a bunch of other stuff that's killing it too. Slash is ripping, Dave [Kushner, guitar] is killing, Duff McKagan, bass] is whaling, Matt [Sorum] is slamming and Scott is throwing it down hard."

In a recent interview with MTV.com, < Scott Weiland stated about the upcoming CD, "I haven't been this excited about a rock record since 1993, when I went into the studio to record [STONE TEMPLE PILOTS'] 'Purple'," which was recorded in just 10 days, with producer Brendan O'Brien (INCUBUS, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE) at the helm, Weiland explained. O'Brien is also behind "Libertad", which Weiland called "a really inspired rock and roll album, but it's got many textures.

"It's multidimensional, which I think is one thing Brendan brings out in artists," Weiland continued. "I think he's brought out the best in this band, and, I mean, these guys" ? guitarists Dave Kushner and Slash, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum ? "are amazing players, and they're capable of anything. They've reached completely new heights, and pulled something out of themselves. Instead of doing what's completely comfortable, what they've done before, they have gone to new places, emotionally, musically and spiritually."

Weiland said the new album "is completely colorful in a new way, but it is definitely not a concept album." VELVET REVOLVER wrote more than 18 tracks for the disc, including "Pills, Demons, Etc.", "Just 16", "Get Out The Door", and "Queen For A Day", and started tracking December 4.

Story at:  http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=64139

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 05:23:35 AM »

it's reaaly great to have so many updates on the album. It looks like this is goin' to be an amazin' album, i can't wait to hear some of of the new tunes  nervous
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 01:47:33 PM »

I am gonna stop reading these "pre-album" little notes.
They are making my expectations go much too high, and that is a pretty much a sure path to disappointment.
I think Contraband sucked BIG time, but I got happy with Come on, Come in, so I think this album may be better.
Luciano
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 08:04:31 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER vocalist Scott Weiland's (ex-STONE TEMPLE PILOTS) MySpace has been updated with the following message:

"I just wanted to give you all a little update from the studio on the new VELVET REVOLVER record. Having spent some time with the guys during pre-production and now most currently in the studio, I have to say that this thing is coming off amazingly. With producer Brendan O'Brien in charge of the ship, the guys are sounding awesome. More than once I've heard Scott say that this is the best album he's ever done and that he hasn't been this excited since putting out 'Purple' with STP. Right now I can count at least 5-6 singles and a bunch of other stuff that's killing it too. Slash is ripping, Dave [Kushner, guitar] is killing, Duff McKagan, bass] is whaling, Matt [Sorum] is slamming and Scott is throwing it down hard."

In a recent interview with MTV.com, < Scott Weiland stated about the upcoming CD, "I haven't been this excited about a rock record since 1993, when I went into the studio to record [STONE TEMPLE PILOTS'] 'Purple'," which was recorded in just 10 days, with producer Brendan O'Brien (INCUBUS, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE) at the helm, Weiland explained. O'Brien is also behind "Libertad", which Weiland called "a really inspired rock and roll album, but it's got many textures.

"It's multidimensional, which I think is one thing Brendan brings out in artists," Weiland continued. "I think he's brought out the best in this band, and, I mean, these guys" ? guitarists Dave Kushner and Slash, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum ? "are amazing players, and they're capable of anything. They've reached completely new heights, and pulled something out of themselves. Instead of doing what's completely comfortable, what they've done before, they have gone to new places, emotionally, musically and spiritually."

Weiland said the new album "is completely colorful in a new way, but it is definitely not a concept album." VELVET REVOLVER wrote more than 18 tracks for the disc, including "Pills, Demons, Etc.", "Just 16", "Get Out The Door", and "Queen For A Day", and started tracking December 4.

Story at:? http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=64139

If Scott is right and this album is better than "Core" and "Contraband" we are in for one hell of a treat..

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 08:29:21 AM »

how modest they are...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Casey Shelton
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 11:46:36 AM »

Does anyone else think it's weird the GNR's new album is called Chinese Democracy, and VR's new album is called Libertad.? Democracy and Libertad (Liberty), almost mean the same thing ....

Bizarre actually, but cool.....very very cool!!

These updates by band members are fluff though. I'm not saying this in a bad way.  I've never ever read an in-studio update from any band that wasn't full of cliches.  "Things are going great", "This is shaping up to be our best album yet", "We are really jelling", "We're really excited about this one", "This album is more about us", and blah blah and blahhhhhhhhhhh.

Do you think they are ever gonna say, "We're workin real hard but this one may not be as good as the last one", or, "Things are not going so smoothly".

Remember all that hype coming from Metallica during the recording of St. Anger.  Then came that solo-less, weird drumming mess.

VR has taken their time on this one so I think that it will be much better than Contraband.  More rockin'.  Less STP influence I hope. VR should be more about GNR style rock. Slash should be heavy on this album this time.  Longer solos showcasing his talent. Scott is making his own solo album so he can shine on that. This record needs to be more about Slash. He's the fuckin godfather of the strings.  And Matt needs to rip some Ray Luzier style drumming. Dave & Duff just need to keep doin what they do.
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 08:40:33 PM »

Does anyone else think it's weird the GNR's new album is called Chinese Democracy, and VR's new album is called Libertad.  Democracy and Libertad (Liberty), almost mean the same thing ....

Bizarre actually, but cool.....very very cool!!

These updates by band members are fluff though. I'm not saying this in a bad way.  I've never ever read an in-studio update from any band that wasn't full of cliches.  "Things are going great", "This is shaping up to be our best album yet", "We are really jelling", "We're really excited about this one", "This album is more about us", and blah blah and blahhhhhhhhhhh.

Do you think they are ever gonna say, "We're workin real hard but this one may not be as good as the last one", or, "Things are not going so smoothly".

Remember all that hype coming from Metallica during the recording of St. Anger.  Then came that solo-less, weird drumming mess.

VR has taken their time on this one so I think that it will be much better than Contraband.  More rockin'.  Less STP influence I hope. VR should be more about GNR style rock. Slash should be heavy on this album this time.  Longer solos showcasing his talent. Scott is making his own solo album so he can shine on that. This record needs to be more about Slash. He's the fuckin godfather of the strings.  And Matt needs to rip some Ray Luzier style drumming. Dave & Duff just need to keep doin what they do.

Yeah I agree with you.  This album needs to have Slash way up in the mix and unaltered.  I want him to sound like he does on "The Spagetti Incident."  Loud as shit and pure especially on "Since I Don't Have You."  I don't hate on "Contraband" the way everyone else seems to but I think it only has 2-3 singles.  If all this talk about 5-6 singles turns out to be true I'm sure we'll all dig this album.  I've been watching some Scott Weiland videos on youtube like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd0cgw_vzAM and I'm really rediscovering why I've always liked this guy.  He's a true entertainer in every sense of the world.  I'm not promoting drug use but some of my favorite artists have battled heroin addiction and he's got the same demons.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 05:43:56 PM »

Libertad is a stupid fucking name for an album...im sure its going to be killer...but come on....
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 07:42:44 PM »

Libertad is a stupid fucking name for an album...im sure its going to be killer...but come on....

I think its pretty cool, but I have a feeling they will change it
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 05:45:58 AM »

talk about setting the bar high.............

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 10:32:37 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER Guitarist On New Album: 'Things Are Really Shaping Up!

VELVET REVOLVER is currently recording its sophomore album, tentatively entitled "Libertad", with producer Brendan O'Brien (INCUBUS, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE) for a spring release.

Commented guitarist Dave Kushner: "The guitars are going amazingly well!! I can't even put into words how excited I am and how great it's sounding! Slash's tones on this record are really going places they haven't gone before and Brendan's really helped me play and sound even better than I already do (who'da thought it was possible!). Seriously, Brendan's really great at helping me find my vision and also pointing me in directions I wouldn't even think of on my own. Boy, o boy.... Things are really shaping up!!!!"

VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland recently told MTV.com that the new album "is completely colorful in a new way, but it is definitely not a concept album." The band wrote more than 18 tracks for the disc, including "Pills, Demons, Etc.", "Just 16", "Get Out The Door", and "Queen For A Day", and started tracking December 4.

Check out new photos from the recording studio at the band's official web site.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 05:32:32 AM »

I am gonna stop reading these "pre-album" little notes.
They are making my expectations go much too high, and that is a pretty much a sure path to disappointment.
I think Contraband sucked BIG time, but I got happy with Come on, Come in, so I think this album may be better.
Luciano

It's strange how you prefer that one song to Contraband, Come On Come In is my least favourite song. Loving the Alien, Fall to Pieces, Sucker Train Blues are much better songs, in my opinion. But everyone has their own preferences.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 03:35:02 PM »

SCOTT WEILAND Says VELVET REVOLVER Is 'Pretty Far' Into New Album - Jan. 11, 2007

Launch Radio Networks reports: VELVET REVOLVER took the better part of a year to start working on its sophomore album, but now that recording is finally underway, things are really beginning to roll. Launch checked in with lead singer Scott Weiland this week and asked him how far the group has gotten since entering the studio. "Pretty far, actually," he said. "We've been here at the old A&M studios (in Los Angeles) for about two-and-a-half weeks and we've recorded all basic tracks and we've already started guitar overdubs and we've done, I've cut a bunch of vocals on numerous songs. In two-and-a-half weeks."

Weiland also told us that the new album, which will follow up the band's 2004 debut "Contraband", will still be called "Libertad".

Source: Blabbermouth.net

Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 03:52:59 PM »

Well, they got me excited.

The little clips on their site sound great and these little notes sound so friggin' positive that I'm beginning to wonder what I'll hear first; Chinese Democracy or Libertad.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 05:50:04 AM »

very cool news.  very excited to hear this record - YES, slash needs to be LOUD, big time.  I loved You Got No Right especially on Contraband - but Slash's solo should have been much louder in the mix.  Am very interested to see how Dave and Slash are playing off each other too as that was a wicked highlight when I saw them in 2004 and 2005.    peace
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 11:49:37 AM »

this is exciting times in VR land beer I wanna hear what O'Brian did with the guitar tones drool

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 02:36:56 PM »

this is exciting times in VR land beer I wanna hear what O'Brian did with the guitar tones drool

I think O'Brien could only help the guitars since they sounded so muddled on the last album.  I'm actually starting to look forward to hearing this.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: