Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:27:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  What do you guys think? Need your opinion on something
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you guys think? Need your opinion on something  (Read 1358 times)
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« on: March 03, 2012, 12:19:04 AM »

Well, I finally decided to start looking into insuring my collection. For those that haven't seen it, you can see it here:

www.troccolitm.com

Now fo course I am going to try and come up with my own value, but it would be very helpful to get the opinions of others, especially other collectors. SO, how much do you think it is worth? Not entirely easy to do. You have the rough value of the items themselves naturally, but then there are abstrac things like the time it took to track down the items, the sentimental value. Then on the other hand it has to be a reasonable amount as well. Appreciate the help, thanx!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
spookeend
Rocker

Love kills more than booze can make up for

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 06:37:56 AM »

my collection is insured too.
But, there is a reasoning too insure in Holland. The question was, what would you try to get back in case of loss (fire or theft)

And, to be honest, i would never start my collectoin again the same way. As most items have only value to collectors (like the many versions or releases in countries but otherwise the same) it was hard to put a price on many items, simply because the insurance company reasoned from the idea that the items were easy to find.

Perhaps it is worth finding out how that works for you. Then again, when you set prices to things, you might consider insuring only items you really would want back, setting the insurance fee at a lower rate. That is what i did too.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 01:25:35 PM »

i was thinking of insuring mine also but im now thinning my collection so will have to see what happens
as for the value of yours for insurance purposes....... absolutely no frikin idea but i should imagine a pretty tidy sum ok

like you say you have a rough monetary value but the stuff you have is another level mate !!!
 some of the regular vinyl, cd's etc wont really have a value due to the availability but the rarer stuff i would estimate roughly and then double the value for insurance purposes -  value should increase also due to the hall of fame induction.
i recently sold a couple of passes and boots on ebay which more than doubled my estimate, this could be down to the current tour or induction, but as you know the market changes all the time depending on newbie buyers that pay over the odds and bidding wars etc.
have a look at completed listings on ebay and try to work an average for each item, or just have a look on eil maybe
i appreciate most of your collection is now very hard to find if not harder so it would be difficult to estimate
good luck though  peace

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: