Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official GN'R fan club at gunsnroses.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official GN'R fan club at gunsnroses.com  (Read 160157 times)
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 10:13:15 PM »

GnR fans are ALWAYS whining about something. 

No fan-club = Whining about not having some kind of a fan club
Fan-Club = Whining about you have to pay for it

For some people, GnR should pay the fans to become members.  I agree with Jarmo.  Un fucking real!

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 10:15:54 PM »

Sure hope they don't believe people should pay for the forum. That's pretty bad.

Yes. You're paying for the forum. Only.

The pre-sales, access to exclusive tickets, merchandise and so on are free.

None of that costs money. Only the forum.  rofl  Roll Eyes

Seriously. Is that what it's come to with the whining?

You find something bad in this? Offering a fan club and a way for fan club members to communicate with each other is bad now?

Oh the humor....

By the way, from the Ten Club section on pearljam.com:
Full Access to the website including the members-only online forum and streaming Pearl Jam radio station

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Montrealrocks
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 10:17:52 PM »

Sure hope they don't believe people should pay for the forum. That's pretty bad.

Yes. You're paying for the forum. Only.

The pre-sales, access to exclusive tickets, merchandise and so on are free.

None of that costs money. Only the forum.  rofl  Roll Eyes

Seriously. Is that what it's come to with the whining?

You find something bad in this? Offering a fan club and a way for fan club members to communicate with each other is bad now?

Oh the humor....

By the way, from the Ten Club section on pearljam.com:
Full Access to the website including the members-only online forum and streaming Pearl Jam radio station

/jarmo

Yeah...and we all know that Pearl Jam are really into money  lol

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 10:19:23 PM »

Those who object, did you have a problem with the fan club in the 1980s too?

I'm curious.

Do you object to other bands having fan clubs?

Why is it a bad idea to offer something that has been requested and something most bands offer?

Get back to me on those, mmmkay?

Instead of posting silly shit like: GNR I'm your whore! buying right now!!!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 10:20:17 PM »

Relax dude.  People are just asking for clarification.  I have personally never paid for a fan club membership and I probably won't here. 

See the above post?

I knew it was coming.

Seriously?  A paid membership?  Really sad to see GNR heading this way.  Sad  Maybe other bands are doing it, it doesn't mean they have to.  I do not call this "fan friendly".  "Fans who make money" friendly maybe.  Very dissapointed. 

Are you serious? Really?

GN'R are giving us fans the option of becoming members in an official fan club. How the fuck is that something bad?

I guess you forgot the fact that they had a fan club in the 1980s.

Sad what they had become back then?

Un-fucking-believable.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Oh yes, it's an option alright.  You don't get access to anything if you are not a paid member... not much choice here if you want to get to see something, have access to pre sales, etc... It was working fine up until now without a paid membership, why change it?  First the vips, now this.  Personnaly, it makes me feel like a bank.  I don't like that.

Guns N' Roses - W. Axl Rose
You can visit www.gnrwar.com
Montrealrocks
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »

I'm curious.

Why is it a bad idea to offer something that has been requested and something most bands offer?

/jarmo

Well maybe people would want to send a self adressed stamped enveloppe to the Hell house like in the 80's...lol
Maybe they don't like using paypal...hahaha

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 10:28:20 PM »

I'm curious.

/jarmo

I do object to band charging for Fan Club access.  Any band that is, not just GNR.  Simply because it creates, how can I say this, a division between fans with money and fans who can't afford.  It makes it all become a money thing.  Why not give everyone the same opportunities? 

About the 80's Fan Club.  Those were pretty different from those of todays, IMHO.  Because of the internet, social medias, etc, more opportunites can be offered to fans and you wouldn't need to have them pay to get them.  That said, I have never paid to be a member of any Fan Clubs and I am certainly not one of those who asked for it. 

Why is it bad.  Well, as far as I am concerned, those bands that had VIP and charge money, I don't go to see them anymore.  Like I said in a previous post, everything was working fine, and I think every fan was on the same level here.  Why want to change that?  GNR has an amazing fan base.  Ok, not all of them, haha... but most of them.  One of the things I totally love about this band is that they are different from other bands.  They don't act the same way.  That just saddens me to see it will change.  It has changed.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be happy about this, we waited a long time for a new web site.  But right now I can't.  I am dissapointed.  Just like I was about the VIPs access.

There you go! Smiley

Evita

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 10:29:27 PM »

Oh yes, it's an option alright.  You don't get access to anything if you are not a paid member... not much choice here if you want to get to see something, have access to pre sales, etc... It was working fine up until now without a paid membership, why change it?  First the vips, now this.  Personnaly, it makes me feel like a bank.  I don't like that.

It worked fine for you. You got something for free.

Have you ever noticed how in the real world very few things are actually free?

Many bands have fan clubs with exclusive pre sales for their members.

It's not something GN'R started.

Yes, you have a choice. If you come to the conclusion that it's not worth the price, you don't pay. Simple as that.

I do object to band charging for Fan Club access.  Any band that is, not just GNR.  Simply because it creates, how can I say this, a division between fans with money and fans who can't afford.  It makes it all become a money thing.  Why not give everyone the same opportunities? 

Because you can't.

Simple as that.

You can never be fair to everybody.

Here's an example. We're writing in English. How is that fair to those who don't understand English?

About the 80's Fan Club.  Those were pretty different from those of todays, IMHO.  Because of the internet, social medias, etc, more opportunites can be offered to fans and you wouldn't need to have them pay to get them.  That said, I have never paid to be a member of any Fan Clubs and I am certainly not one of those who asked for it. 

So just because it doesn't interest you, it shouldn't interest anybody else?

Different times indeed.

Why is it bad.  Well, as far as I am concerned, those bands that had VIP and charge money, I don't go to see them anymore.  Like I said in a previous post, everything was working fine, and I think every fan was on the same level here.  Why want to change that? 

Everybody was never on the same level.

It's an illusion.

Let's say tickets go on pre-sale at 9am on a Monday. What if you're working at the time and can't go online? What if you don't have Internet? What if you can't afford a ticket?What if you don't live on the continent where the show is taking place? If you wanna go but can't order a ticket because you don't have a credit card?

How is that "on the same level"?

One of the things I totally love about this band is that they are different from other bands.  They don't act the same way.  That just saddens me to see it will change.  It has changed.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

For a long time GN'R had no official web site, no tours, no Twitter, no Facebook, no nothing.

Another case of the good old: Can't fucking please everyone!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be happy about this, we waited a long time for a new web site.  But right now I can't.  I am dissapointed.  Just like I was about the VIPs access.

Maybe one day you'll wake up and smell the coffee....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:40:14 PM by jarmo » Logged

Montrealrocks
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 10:30:31 PM »

I'm curious.

/jarmo

Why is it bad.  Well, as far as I am concerned, those bands that had VIP and charge money, I don't go to see them anymore.  Like I said in a previous post, everything was working fine, and I think every fan was on the same level here.  Why want to change that?  GNR has an amazing fan base.  Ok, not all of them, haha... but most of them.  One of the things I totally love about this band is that they are different from other bands.  They don't act the same way.  That just saddens me to see it will change.  It has changed.

There you go! Smiley

Evita

So when a band play in an arena...they should charge the tickets the same price everywhere?  So everybody has the same chance of being anywhere!....mhhhhh....  So people on the floor pay the same price as the ones in the upper level of the arena. 

You are probably in favor of a lawer getting paid as much as a janitor!  Well that is called communism.....  Wink

rofl
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:32:40 PM by Montrealrocks » Logged

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
FatherSmurf
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 10:31:06 PM »

Just for clarification:

The membership is on an annual basis. Though I'm not sure if it is really 30$ every year, 'cause I don't think they'll combine merchandising with the membership every year. So maybe a renewal will be on a lower rate...  ok
Montrealrocks
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 10:33:51 PM »

Just for clarification:

The membership is on an annual basis. Though I'm not sure if it is really 30$ every year, 'cause I don't think they'll combine merchandising with the membership every year. So maybe a renewal will be on a lower rate...  ok

I was a Queensryche fan club member for couple of years...And they were charging the same price every year!

Every year we would get something different.  Wich is cool

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 10:34:24 PM »

It worked fine for you. You got something for free.

Have you ever noticed how in the real world very few things are actually free?

Many bands have fan clubs with exclusive pre sales for their members.

It's not something GN'R started.

Yes, you have a choice. If you come to the conclusion that it's not worth the price, you don't pay. Simple as that.

/jarmo

Yes, but being the fan I am, I don't feel I have a choice.  And why do like other bands anyway?  Why not think outside the box?

Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 10:35:09 PM »

I'm curious.

/jarmo

There you go! Smiley

Evita

So when a band play in an arena...they should charge the tickets the same price everywhere?  So everybody has the same chance of being anywhere!....mhhhhh....  So people on the floor pay the same price as the ones in the upper level of the arena. 

You are probably in favor of a lawer getting paid as much as a janitor!  Well that is called communism.....  Wink

rofl

That's not my point at all.  You should read my post again.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 10:37:08 PM »

I'm still going to get this, and TBH it doesn't bother me if it's annual or not...

But I've come to love HTGTH as a forum, so I can't see me posting there regularly as I consider this my home. But what makes me still want to get it, is the fact we get presales, and also I'm guessing there may be a few extra's here and there thoughout the year, whether that be info, footage, pics......so be it. I'm still in.... Grin

But if it was just the forum, and no access to presales etc.....I guess I wouldn't get it as there are tons of GN'R fan forums out there already with solid membership bases and relationships within those forums created......same with me and HTGTH, I've come to know know the members here and will always come here primarily.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:41:42 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Montrealrocks
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 10:38:44 PM »

I'm curious.

/jarmo

There you go! Smiley

Evita

rofl

That's not my point at all.  You should read my post again.

Simply because it creates, how can I say this, a division between fans with money and fans who can't afford.  It makes it all become a money thing.  Why not give everyone the same opportunities

Having 4 or 5 different price ranges to be at a concert IS a division of fans!

Some fans can't afford high priced tickets, and some do!  Some pay cash, some by credit cards, and some steal to get inside...lol  Wink

But we both know we will be there anyhow.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:41:05 PM by Montrealrocks » Logged

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 10:40:29 PM »

Seriously dude?  They are not the same price because you don't get the same view.  That makes total sense.  How is it related to Fan Club access and privileges from paying for a Fan Club? 

I'm off for now, cause I'm sick as hell.  But it will be my pleasure to continue this argument at another time ;-)

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 10:46:19 PM »

Seriously dude?  They are not the same price because you don't get the same view.  That makes total sense.  How is it related to Fan Club access and privileges from paying for a Fan Club? 

How is it being at the same level if one fan can only afford a seat in the nose bleeds and another fan can afford the $1000 VIP ultra mega experience?

Shouldn't both have the option of getting the same?

Yes, in a perfect world!

There'd be world peace, no poverty, no hunger etc.

And yes, fans have been wondering why GN'R doesn't have all those things that other bands have. But now that they started to add these things, here you are complaining about GN'R becoming like other bands. Amazing!

For years I've kept hearing: Why doesn't GN'R have a proper official web site? Why don't they stream shows? Why don't they play in ______ ? Why don't they sell bootlegs of their shows? Etc etc.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:55:14 PM by jarmo » Logged

Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 10:55:47 PM »

Regardless of all whiners...
Who's already on the Nightrain???  Grin Grin Grin this is better than xmas!!!

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 10:59:27 PM »

Just for clarification:

sorry for asking this, but im not currently checking this section as often as I used to some years ago .... who are you? How do you know its an annual membership if its not stated anywhere in the site?

This is another of the ''take it or leave it'' things. I'll take it because, if you dont pay, you cant get access to pretty much anything there. I'm sorry for the immense under 18 fanbase without a job and a credit card who will miss EVERYTHING in that site, but i'll take it.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 11:07:09 PM »

Evita's problem is that she is one of those fans that feels obligated to buy everything.  I've been there before.  You have to take a step back and ask yourself if its worth it for your personally. No one is putting a gun to your head.  I love GN'R and am considering getting the package but leaning towards not right now because the merchanise is not something I need right now. I think for the price of the fan club and considering what they are giving you its really not a bad deal.  But more me personally, probably not going to do it.  And thats ok, it doesn't make me any less of a fan and I can still enjoy GN'R!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: