Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:47:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227836 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official GN'R fan club at gunsnroses.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official GN'R fan club at gunsnroses.com  (Read 160157 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2012, 11:19:24 AM »

Jarmo, why does it offend you personally so much some people are against this? Why can't people have a different opinion without you jumping on every single post you disagree with? It gives off the vibe somewhere inside you think this is cheesy or bad as well so you have to defend extra hard to validate it to the others (as well as yourself).

Personally offended? Based on what?

I just see the humor in the fact that GN'R fans will whine no matter what the band does. It's pretty predictable.

If you tell me "GN'R will do/launch/release this tomorrow", I'm sure we can come up with the complaints certain people will have about it!

I think a fan club is a great idea.

Been a member of the PJ fan club for about 15 years...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2012, 11:19:53 AM »

Jarmo, why does it offend you personally so much some people are against this? Why can't people have a different opinion without you jumping on every single post you disagree with? It gives off the vibe somewhere inside you think this is cheesy or bad as well so you have to defend extra hard to validate it to the others (as well as yourself).

Not wanna be Jarmo's spokesman but if you know him, this site and the rules it seems pretty obvious.

Jarmo doesn't love GNR...he=GNR.

Disagree/critics is ok... erm...it's hard but ok IF you have some damn good arguements. In most cases the complaints are a bit childish and without any good supporting reason.

EDIT : Next time when the site warns me for other uploaded answers I'll read them before I post my 2 cents  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:21:28 AM by GNRVahland » Logged
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2012, 11:37:49 AM »

The difference between the 2 packages is the t-shirt-a $20 difference-I'm hoping band members will be involved in the fourm, we'll see-just be sure to read the disclaimer "Tickets are avaliable on a first come, first serve basis and are not guaranteed"

libertad
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2012, 11:40:57 AM »

"Tickets are avaliable on a first come, first serve basis and are not guaranteed"

Yeah.

Imagine if they play a small show and all fan club members want to attend.... Might be a bit problematic. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2012, 11:47:21 AM »

I'm just saying, people think when they join fan clubs they are going to get front row tickets automatically-does anyone know if they give size choices for the t-shirts, by the way?

libertad
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2012, 11:48:26 AM »

does anyone know if they give size choices for the t-shirts, by the way?

Yes they do.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2012, 11:49:52 AM »

May I ask what sizes?

libertad
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2012, 11:51:13 AM »

May I ask what sizes?

I can't really remember... I think it was S-XL (might have been XXL)

Sweetness is a virtue
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2012, 11:52:20 AM »

I'm just saying, people think when they join fan clubs they are going to get front row tickets automatically-does anyone know if they give size choices for the t-shirts, by the way?

They sure do.

Small - 2XL

I'm assuming they're mens sizes...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2012, 11:54:21 AM »

Seriously dude?  They are not the same price because you don't get the same view.  That makes total sense.  How is it related to Fan Club access and privileges from paying for a Fan Club? 

How is it being at the same level if one fan can only afford a seat in the nose bleeds and another fan can afford the $1000 VIP ultra mega experience?

Shouldn't both have the option of getting the same?

Yes, in a perfect world!

There'd be world peace, no poverty, no hunger etc.

And yes, fans have been wondering why GN'R doesn't have all those things that other bands have. But now that they started to add these things, here you are complaining about GN'R becoming like other bands. Amazing!

For years I've kept hearing: Why doesn't GN'R have a proper official web site? Why don't they stream shows? Why don't they play in ______ ? Why don't they sell bootlegs of their shows? Etc etc.

/jarmo

Why not make it a perfect world?  As far as I am concerned, it was perfect as it was .  Could have put online a web site without asking people to pay for a membership to have some access.  Everyone had access.  I still don't get why that should change.

And no, I won't wake up and smell the roses.  That's my opinion and just because it's not the same as yours doesn't mean it's wrong.  Sorry.

Guns N' Roses - W. Axl Rose
You can visit www.gnrwar.com
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2012, 11:55:28 AM »

So what's it like on the "other" side for all those already registered.  Grin

And jarmo, are you in or not... hihi
Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2012, 11:58:14 AM »

Personally offended? Based on what?

I just see the humor in the fact that GN'R fans will whine no matter what the band does. It's pretty predictable.

If you tell me "GN'R will do/launch/release this tomorrow", I'm sure we can come up with the complaints certain people will have about it!

I think a fan club is a great idea.

Been a member of the PJ fan club for about 15 years...

/jarmo

And you are entirely entitled to your opinion.

Mine is that I don't think it is.  We don't have to agree.

Oh, there are some whinners for sure.  But I do not consider that not agreeing with a direction the band is taking is whinning.  It's just expressing an opinion.  I think those who are not happy with it should let me band know and explain why. 
I mean, why not?  I totally love GNR, but if I don't agree with something, I will say it aloud.  Which doesn't happen often in my case so I don't see it as whinning.

Guns N' Roses - W. Axl Rose
You can visit www.gnrwar.com
Zon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2012, 11:58:28 AM »

Free login
www.gunsnroses.com/register
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2012, 12:00:54 PM »

So what's it like on the "other" side for all those already registered.  Grin

Forum is starting to pick up some activity.

A lot of stuff are still to come, like the points thingy. You gain points by adding friends, posting blogs etc.. then you can use those points for either physical or digital things. I'm excited about that one.

Sweetness is a virtue
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »

A fan club is a great thing the band is doing  FOR us!!!  I can't believe what I'm reading, they aren't forcing you to join the fan club it is a bonus.  Just like they don't force you to buy a t-shirt at a show, it is an OPTION for the fans.  I mean seriously, the cheaper membership comes out to $2.50 a month!!  GNR isn't worth 2 and half bucks a month to some of you?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2012, 12:02:03 PM »

That's for registering your account. You still have to sign up for a membership to be in the fan club.

Sweetness is a virtue
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »

MO THE FU CKER

Now CHAMPAGNE MORE REDBULL

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2012, 12:15:55 PM »

I mean seriously, the cheaper membership comes out to $2.50 a month!!  GNR isn't worth 2 and half bucks a month to some of you?

For me it really depends on what the extras are.  If GNR are touring my area 1-2 times a year and there is GA available I feel pretty confident that I will be able to get those tickets with or without a fan presale.  If they offer seating only at future shows that might change my mind.  

But aside from presales I want to know what content is offered.  Are we talking exclusive interviews, streaming concerts, perhaps fan chats with band members??  The forum to me is alright, but not enough to make me spend money for a fan club.

I'd love to see these live streaming concerts the band have been doing go up on this fan club service instead of them being a la carte.  I am curious to see what those of you who have signed up say about the extras.  
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2012, 12:19:32 PM »

Let me throw my 2 cents in here...

While I should say I am shocked that people are already bitching and complaining about a fan club, unfortunately I am not surprised.  Some fans are just never fucking happy, and I'll never understand it and I try not to even argue with them about it anymore.

This fan club is a fantastic idea.  There are so many cool things you can do with it.  This fan club already pays for itself if you take into account the merchandise you are getting when you sign up, never mind the fact that you have access to presales which in my opinion are priceless.

I have been a member of the Metallica Fan Club for years now, and its 50- 60 bucks a year and has literally paid for itself several times over.  I was in the front row at Yankee Stadium for the Big 4 show, how did that happen?  The fan club got me access to those seats.  I always have the best seat at every Metallica show because they give you a personalized password that is good for 4 tickets so the scalpers can't steal them all.  I could go on and on about the advantages of a fan club.  If this GNR club is half as good as the Metallica one it will be totally worth the money, and from the looks of it it will be.  GNR already gives you more merch at the sign up than Metallica does, so its off to a great start.

Also fan clubs are always changing, who knows what they will add as time goes on.  This is amazing news!!

In the past few years, GNR has released an amazing album, toured regularly, streamed shows for fans from all over the world to see and now started what looks like a kick ass fan club.  If you still aren't happy I have no idea what to tell you.

I'm glad someone brought up Metallica as I was just looking up the terms of the Metallica Club membership yesterday.

Honestly, I wonder how many people who are reacting negatively realize that this is far from abnormal for band's to charge for fan club membership.

As has been mentioned, Pearl Jam and Metallica are just two examples.  And, please, considering how well those two draw all over the world, don't spew that bullshit that GN'R is doing this because concert attendance is down in the US.  If that were the motivation, then PJ and Metallica would have zero incentive to charge for their fan club memberships.

Ali
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2012, 12:30:35 PM »

An idea yet what the t-shirt is like yet?

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: