Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:44:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official GN'R fan club at gunsnroses.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official GN'R fan club at gunsnroses.com  (Read 160156 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2012, 12:38:34 PM »

As has been mentioned, Pearl Jam and Metallica are just two examples.  And, please, considering how well those two draw all over the world, don't spew that bullshit that GN'R is doing this because concert attendance is down in the US.  If that were the motivation, then PJ and Metallica would have zero incentive to charge for their fan club memberships.

Ali

exactly!!  It costs money to run a fan club, the tshirts, bandanas, and technical support who run the site don't just fall out of thin air, they cost money.  Whoever thinks this is a cash grab is insane.

The Pearl Jam and Metallica fan clubs are 2 of the best fan clubs.  I have nothing but great things to say about the Metclub, and my friends have been in the Pearl Jam one since the 90's and also have nothing but great things to say. It is a perk for the diehard fans to have a fan club.  Metallica has played several shows in very small clubs that ONLY fan club members could attend.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2012, 01:04:17 PM »

Why not make it a perfect world?  As far as I am concerned, it was perfect as it was .  Could have put online a web site without asking people to pay for a membership to have some access.  Everyone had access.  I still don't get why that should change.

I find it amusing how you go on about how everybody should be on the "same level" and make it a perfect world.

Look at yourself first before you make statements like that.

But I do not consider that not agreeing with a direction the band is taking is whinning.  It's just expressing an opinion.  I think those who are not happy with it should let me band know and explain why. 
I mean, why not?  I totally love GNR, but if I don't agree with something, I will say it aloud.  Which doesn't happen often in my case so I don't see it as whinning.

You're complaining that they launched a fan club, something OTHER fans have requested, and something GN'R had in the past.

How is that not whining?

What do you hope to achieve by this? That they close the fan club and deny all the others the chance of having something they want?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2012, 01:13:16 PM »

You're complaining that they launched a fan club, something OTHER fans have requested, and something GN'R had in the past.

How is that not whining?

What do you hope to achieve by this? That they close the fan club and deny all the others the chance of having something they want?

/jarmo

I don't really agree with most of what Jarmo says these days, but this is absolutely true.  This is something that people have been wanting for a long time.  Why would you want to deny people of something that they have been clamoring for?  Obviously there is an appetite for it and if some people want to sign up for it then more power to them. 

If money is the issue then how about you skip 1-2 dinners or lunches out this month and that will likely pay for the subscription.  This isn't exactly a big investment. 

I really don't understand your objections to this, and this is coming from some one who likely isn't even going to sign up for it. 
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2012, 01:14:42 PM »

Every relevant band has a fan club which sometimes gets special access to stuff!  WHAT is the problem?  Sheesh.  

These clubs help to ensure that tix and whatnot actually wind up in the hands of the fans.  Perhaps you would rather pay the extra money to a scalper instead?  They cost money and manpower to operate.  

GNR updates their website frequently, Tweets, and Facebooks as opposed to a few years ago where they did NONE of these things.  This is pure awesomeness!
Baz Rose
Rocker

I'll kick your ass like I said that I would...

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2012, 01:37:40 PM »

Personally, I agree with those who wants to stop this whining none sense. GNR is offering a place for all of us to all get together and get special stuff, info and a place to share. We have to celebrate the fact that GNR is doing this.

Now, for those who maybe are expecting a kiss on a cheek from Axl in person for paying the fee the Fan Club is charging, maybe you have some kind of delusional disorder... This is just like EVERY fan club there is.

I just expect this just gets better and better through time, like (for example) the Metclub: http://www.metallica.com/metclub/metclub-more-info.asp but I bet no Metallica fan complained like u guys are doing it when it first appeared.

I think is just a matter of time to have more privileges becoming a member. At this very moment, sitting here right now, I'm very pleased to have this chance and I'm gonna seize it when I can afford it.

1992-12-02, Santiago
2010-03-20, Santiago
2011-10-05, Santiago
2016-10-29, Santiago
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2012, 01:55:06 PM »

GUYS YOU AREN'T GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!

I was just out in public and there were places ALL over with products and services inside. But here's the kicker; THEY WERE CHARGING FOR EVERYTHING! What. The. Fuck?? I plan to go to a forum dedicated to each store and bitch about it, that's for certain!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2012, 01:58:40 PM »

I was just out in public and there were places ALL over with products and services inside. But here's the kicker; THEY WERE CHARGING FOR EVERYTHING! What. The. Fuck?? I plan to go to a forum dedicated to each store and bitch about it, that's for certain!

WHAT!!??!! You mean all those sodas at 7-11 aren't FREE?Huh??  Uh oh....

Axl is God.
Baz Rose
Rocker

I'll kick your ass like I said that I would...

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2012, 02:05:45 PM »

WTF??!!

Please don't tell me they're gonna charge me for all the free clothes I get on stores just by showing my Exclusive Membership Card.... Is that a CREDIT CARD? And I have to PAY for those things??!! Fuck!!

1992-12-02, Santiago
2010-03-20, Santiago
2011-10-05, Santiago
2016-10-29, Santiago
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2012, 02:37:27 PM »

WTF??!!

Please don't tell me they're gonna charge me for all the free clothes I get on stores just by showing my Exclusive Membership Card.... Is that a CREDIT CARD? And I have to PAY for those things??!! Fuck!!

Wow, that was a pretty cool 3 wagon sarcasm train, that just passed through here... rofl rofl rofl

But seriously guys, it's been said already but both deals are worth it. If you consider, the merch, the presales, the competitions and all of the stuff yet to be announced throughout the year.....it's basically a steal.

And in my view, you can't put a price on supporting the band that you love in your heart and soul.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:39:10 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2012, 02:46:10 PM »

It will cost 40-50 bucks just to get a shirt at a show so if you wanted one, it is bought and paid for right there with the membership.  I am going to wait til next month's pay simply because I think they are done touring the east coast for a bit so I don't need a pre-sale but am definitely joining!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2012, 03:09:57 PM »

Is there any way to just "view" the message board without becoming a member?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2012, 03:11:45 PM »

No, don't think so

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2012, 04:03:26 PM »

WTF??!!

And in my view, you can't put a price on supporting the band that you love in your heart and soul.  Cheesy

Ding, ding, motherfuckin' ding. Hammer, meet head of nail... so on and so forth.  beer
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:05:12 PM by russtcb » Logged

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2012, 04:05:10 PM »

Just signed up for the fan club!!  peace
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2012, 04:11:33 PM »

It will cost 40-50 bucks just to get a shirt at a show so if you wanted one, it is bought and paid for right there with the membership.  I am going to wait til next month's pay simply because I think they are done touring the east coast for a bit so I don't need a pre-sale but am definitely joining!

IM with you on this, I am gonna join just when I have more breathing room, glad I got to see these shows, but when your unemployed gotta balance things, but with that said my birthday is next month, will make a nice gift for me:)

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
rendestroi95
Rocker

You Know Where You Are?? No?? Okay :(

« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2012, 04:17:10 PM »

So... When those awesome live pics will be back online?  Grin

it's happening
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »

Best thing is that all of us the fans whom were in the infamous gnronline forum more than a decade ago we will meet again!!!
For those who are complaining just don't buy the membership and STFU!!!

See you all fuckers on the nightrain!!!

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2012, 04:24:15 PM »

No, don't think so

Thanks.  I couldn't find a way to do so.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2012, 04:26:42 PM »

I really want to join but postage to the UK is nearly $60...

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2012, 05:36:02 PM »

I really want to join but postage to the UK is nearly $60...

Did you choose USPS?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: