Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:46:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dj Ashba on FOX 5 News (Las Vegas) tonight at 6pm (Apr 24)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dj Ashba on FOX 5 News (Las Vegas) tonight at 6pm (Apr 24)  (Read 18124 times)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2012, 08:59:04 AM »

Oh really was it irony? OMG!!!!!  Roll Eyes

Dude, rock n roll it's not about perfection, you're right, but what does that mean? Again, why do you talk about lyp synching, pop music just to justify a bad performance?

Take it for what it is. Next time he will play better, what's the big drama? I don't know if ciat was trolling or whatever, but his sentence was right.

I'll keep this short and sweet because you appear to be finding it difficult to grasp the point I was making and I've lost any inclination to explain it again. You think the troll's opinion was correct, I disagree. Have you got that? Good!

This is like when you watch old gnr videoand you say "Slash fucked up the solo" (and you know, is non that rare). And people start sayin' "Fuck you, try to play when you're drunk" or " notice he dropped the cigarette on his hand"; "slash rules, go and listen to steve vai".

Wtf! A mistake is a mistake, a bad performance is just a bad performance, love it or hate it that's it. If you like eatin sh*t, it doesn't mean that everybody is goin' to say it's chocolate... 

I don't need to watch old videos because I was there. Slash and Duff screwed up on many occasions but so what it didn't mean I enjoyed the show any less.  Did I go away thinking it was a bad performance? No, I accepted them for what they were and didn't feel the need to judge them. You want to pass judgment, fine, but respect the fact that we're not all like you.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2012, 09:01:50 AM »

Did somebody really tell cyllan to watch old GN'R videos?

That'd be hilarious.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2012, 09:14:11 AM »

Did somebody really tell cyllan to watch old GN'R videos?

That'd be hilarious.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Yeah but the really sad part, jarmo, is that I still have all the old bootleg videos and cassettes - and the means to play them.   Shocked

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2012, 12:53:28 PM »

I asked for a ban. That doesn't exactly coincide with your "evict" theory, now does it?

Other than a desperate need for attention, why would somebody ask to be banned rather than simply leave or delete their account?
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2012, 01:15:13 PM »

I asked for a ban. That doesn't exactly coincide with your "evict" theory, now does it?

No it tells me that you collect bans as a badge of honour  confused I've read on other forums about how Jarmo has banned somebody and its treated in some kinds hero-worship kinda way.  I call it being a cock. You are a cock.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2012, 01:40:56 PM »

You'd be surprised how often these people post "I don't care if you ban me!" followed by insults and then go on other forums pointing out how evil I am for banning them.  hihi

Nine times out of ten, they forget to mention insulting this boards' members and me when they describe the reason(s) for their banning.

It's always "I was banned for disagreeing".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wight gunner
VIP

« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2012, 02:06:28 PM »

You'd be surprised how often these people post "I don't care if you ban me!" followed by insults and then go on other forums pointing out how evil I am for banning them.  hihi

Nine times out of ten, they forget to mention insulting this boards' members and me when they describe the reason(s) for their banning.

It's always "I was banned for disagreeing".

/jarmo
Sadly, no wouldn't be surprised, and yes it's always "I was banned for disagreeing"

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2012, 04:33:00 PM »

^^ I was just thinking, "CIAT - give it up."

Give what up? I think Dj's solo was bad. That's my opinion. If you're bitter over it, that's your problem.

Broski
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2012, 06:11:55 PM »

Give what up? I think Dj's solo was bad. That's my opinion. If you're bitter over it, that's your problem.

Noone is bitter. You are just not into this whole discussion thing that goes down at message forums.

People that post messages like, 'that sucks', and nothing else are dull to read.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2012, 06:51:23 PM »

Noone is bitter. You are just not into this whole discussion thing that goes down at message forums.

People that post messages like, 'that sucks', and nothing else are dull to read.

I've given my explanation for why I think it was a bad performance several times through-out the thread. What more do you want? At this point it seems people are just arguing about things that don't have anything to do with the actual subject at hand.

No it tells me that you collect bans as a badge of honour 

Umm, you have no idea why I left that forum. You are making assumptions based on nothing.

I've read on other forums about how Jarmo has banned somebody and its treated in some kinds hero-worship kinda way.  I call it being a cock.

Congrats. What does that have to do with me? Or anything for that matter?

You are a cock.

I'd ask for an explanation if I cared what some tool on the internet thinks. Please continue to make baseless assumptions on things you know nothing about. I can't wait to hear what you come up with next.

I don't know if you're reffering to me but, I can assure you that I do not care if you ban me. I just hope that if you do, it's because I actually brake rules. I'm always going to post my honest opinion here and I don't plan on insulting people (unlike other people here) so I don't see any reason why you would ban me. However, I will not care if you do. I'm giving you the benifit of the doubt.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:00:23 PM by CIAT » Logged

Broski
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2012, 12:09:28 AM »

5 pages  hihi

Asking for a ban   rofl

Dj is a bad ass. 

I guess you can judge this particular performance, but I dont really see the need to do it. He wasnt playing for 60,000 people in a arena, he was just playing BoD to a backing track for fox 5 news hihi. He was probably playing on one of his practice amps.  As a guitarist and packing amps and guitars around,  amp settings fuck up or it takes awhile to get it set just right, especially if the acoustics of the room suck. Gibson Les Pauls are notorius for not staying in tune, yes it depends on the Les Paul ( I have 2, one stays in tune and the other is just a cunt now Smiley ) but it happens when your guitars are on the move, fresh set of strings, etc etc.. So, as a guitarist I dont judge this performance. Theres really nothing to judge, he did fine. IT WAS FOR FOX 5 NEWS!!!! rofl  He wasnt playing the fucking grammys or something. He wasnt even promoting the song!!! It was just something he did to be nice ffs.

The bigger message was the cause to what he was promoting.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:32:35 AM by Verasa » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »

5 pages  hihi

5 pages you apparently didn't read.

Asking for a ban   rofl

Umm, when did anyone ask for a ban?

Dj is a bad ass. 

Disagree.

I guess you can judge this particular performance, but I dont really see the need to do it.

There was no "need". There's no need to judge any performance, good or bad. I wanted to. Not to mention, I didn't even want to see it in the first place - which again, you would understand if you had read the thread.

He wasnt playing for 60,000 people in a arena, he was just playing BoD to a backing track for fox 5 news hihi. He was probably playing on one of his practice amps.  As a guitarist and packing amps and guitars around,  amp settings fuck up or it takes awhile to get it set just right, especially if the acoustics of the room suck. Gibson Les Pauls are notorius for not staying in tune, yes it depends on the Les Paul ( I have 2, one stays in tune and the other is just a cunt now Smiley ) but it happens when your guitars are on the move, fresh set of strings, etc etc..

I actually agree with all of this. The truth of the matter is, it wasn't a very good performance. But, I'm sure there were reasons and various excuses as to why.

So, as a guitarist I dont even judge this performance

Yes you do. You just chose not to express your judgement or validate it. If you didn't judge it, then you wouldn't feel the need to point all of the above out. If it was a good performance, you wouldn't have talked about all the reasons why it wasn't.

The bigger message was the cause to what he was promoting.

Agreed 100% which I have also stated earlier in the thread.

At this point I'd just lock this thing or merge it with the other DJ bullying thread. It's clearly been derailed by my 3 word statement that's gotten everyone in a tizzy. Next time I'll make sure I provide a 5 page essay to stand behind my amazingly controversial opinion /sarcasm. What amazes me most about this whole thing is that people even need an explanation. I mean, we all watched the same video, didn't we?

Broski
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2012, 01:09:10 AM »

in 5 pages you've posted a 3 word statement saying " That was bad"

You've claimed to be a guitarist, but refuse to validate that statement because you feel you have nothing to prove to strangers on the internet..even though you have 25 posts in this thread alone reassuring us that" that was bad" was just your honest opinion. Because that...you have to prove to us??  It's your opinion and you have every right to judge DJ... on Fox 5 News...promoting Bullyville

You've been banned from other GnR forums

You've asked to be banned from another forum.

Attention Whore much? Maybe? Just a little?  Wink

I got $100.00 that says you'll reply back and let me know  hihi

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 01:13:21 AM by Verasa » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2012, 01:35:21 AM »

in 5 pages you've posted a 3 word statement saying " That was bad"

Wrong again. I've posted my reasons several times now. I don't see why it's still an issue even going by your nonsense logic that people need to give long drawn out explanations especially on something that should be so obvious to most people.

You've claimed to be a guitarist, but refuse to validate that statement because you feel you have nothing to prove to strangers on the internet..even though you have 25 posts in this thread alone reassuring us that" that was bad" was just your honest opinion. Because that...you have to prove to us??  It's your opinion and you have every right to judge DJ... on Fox 5 News...promoting Bullyville

I don't need to validate the statement because it has nothing to do with my opinon. Someone asked if I can play better so I answered. Yes, I can! If you don't believe it, fair enough. I can see why you wouldn't. But it doesn't matter because I didn't make my comment because of the fact I am a guitarist. I made it because anyone can have such an opinion. It's not my fault someone asked me a question and I gave an honest answer. If you don't want to believe it, again I'll say, fair enough. I understand. But having a crying fit because I'm not going to upload a youtube video to prove an irrelevant point to irrelevant strangers on the internet is ridiculous. I have every right to judge DJ's performance. It's not about proving anything. It's about giving your opinion which I am entitled to do. If you can't handle it, go cry somewhere else. I'm not going to argue with an immature kid on the internet about it anymore.

You've been banned from other GnR forums

I've been banned on mygnr because of personal issues with mods. What does this have to do with the thread? What is your point? Please....enlighten me.

You've asked to be banned from another forum.

I chose to leave a forum in private PM with a mod, yeah. What's the problem? I had my reasons. Who are you to judge them based on literally nothing?

Attention Whore much? Maybe? Just a little?  Wink

Hmm, great question. Let's see. Who's the attention whore here?...the guy who posted an honest opinon (that was only 3 words mind you) and has constantly tried to get back on topic and get the attention off himself or....the guy who is making baseless assumptions on things he literally has zero knowledge of, is continuing discussion on the very pesron he claims to crave attention and is the reason the "attention" is occuring at all, and throwing around insults like a 2 year old....Gee I wonder.

I'll say it again. Move on everybody. I thought the performance was bad. Get over it. Not everyone has to agree with you. If you can't handle it I'd recommend you sign off the internet and don't come back untill you can.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 03:54:55 AM by CIAT » Logged

Broski
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2012, 05:32:28 AM »

On another note cause the poster above me has an ANSWER to everything, and well whatever, DJ, did a cool thing, and puts himself out there for something he believes in and  that is really what , its about, and CIAT, so what if it wasn't the grandest thing, so what, if you think it sucked, so what if you think it was bad. People only commented on cause you said it was bad, WTF, dude. This wasn't about a performance thing, the whole point of him going on was to bring light to Bullyville , and played a bit. But you instead derailed it by well to be frank acting or no typing like a dick, so, yeah.I really don't want to hear your guitar playing, can care less why you were banned or would ask to banned , I Appreciate the fact, that DJ did a super cool thing. You take it upon yourself to be the know it all and critic, of whatever, . Trust me I can give a shit what you have to say after, I am a fan of the band, met all the guys, appreciate what they do, you have a complex, and its not mine.Thanks DJ, for doing what you did, was it the best performance, maybe not , does it really matter not at all, why some feel to make it an issue as far as I can tell they are the ones with issues, nothing constructive about that.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2012, 06:13:50 AM »

and CIAT, so what if it wasn't the grandest thing, so what, if you think it sucked, so what if you think it was bad.

Same could be said for someone who thought it was good? So what?

People only commented on cause you said it was bad, WTF, dude. This wasn't about a performance thing, the whole point of him going on was to bring light to Bullyville , and played a bit. But you instead derailed it by well to be frank acting or no typing like a dick, so, yeah.

I know that was the point of the video. Again, if you bothered to read the thread, you would know that I have been trying to get the conversation back on DJ and Bullyville but people like you don't seem to want to do that. You want to argue petty BS that has nothing to do with the thread. Keep throwing around insults like an immature child. People like you are the only one's keeping this thread derailed so I will again insist that we get back on topic. There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving your opinon. I gave mine. Doesn't make me a "dick". You're like a 4 year old that can't handle when people disagree with you.

I really don't want to hear your guitar playing, can care less why you were banned or would ask to banned

Then why do you keep talking about it?

I Appreciate the fact, that DJ did a super cool thing.

Me too, as I have previously stated.

You take it upon yourself to be the know it all and critic, of whatever,

What are you talking about? I said I didn't like the performance. Get over it. I'm not claiming to be a know it all. I'm giving my opinon like anyone else. It was a three word comment. What is wrong with you? You can't handle people not thinking the same as you?

Trust me I can give a shit what you have to say after, I am a fan of the band, met all the guys, appreciate what they do, you have a complex, and its not mine.

And what complex is that? I've seen the band with Dj Ashba 6 times. I've had him throw me a guitar pick. I'm just realistic. And the truth is I didn't think it was a great performance. It's my opinon. Doesn't make me any less of a fan then you. Get over yourself pal.

Thanks DJ, for doing what you did, was it the best performance, maybe not , does it really matter not at all, why some feel to make it an issue as far as I can tell they are the ones with issues, nothing constructive about that.

Yeah, I'm the guy who made it the issue...by posting three words....three words I had every right to post...sure...I think the only people making it an issue are people like you who are throwing hissy fits over it and still crying about it 5 pages later.

Move on.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:16:41 AM by CIAT » Logged

Broski
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2012, 12:49:20 AM »

are we done, now?
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2012, 01:12:08 AM »

are we done, now?

hopefully

Broski
wight gunner
VIP

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2012, 01:37:23 PM »

You need to elaborate on hopefully.....

Just kidding  hihi

volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2012, 03:20:19 PM »

DJ is cool as fuck deal with it.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print