Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:18:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Duff in Patience
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff in Patience  (Read 2794 times)
Sean is bored
Opening Act

« on: August 08, 2004, 10:49:17 AM »

Ok, for Patience, not any live ones, but the studio one, what does Duff do, in the video hes doing rhythm sometimes, and other stuff, I cant really tell.  Does anyone have a tab of his part?  I wanna try recording Izzys rhythm, Slashs lead, and Duffs whatever, just see what it adds.  So yeah, help good, thanks.

What's the point in drinking if you're going to be responsible about it?
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 11:59:52 AM »

Ok, for Patience, not any live ones, but the studio one, what does Duff do, in the video hes doing rhythm sometimes, and other stuff, I cant really tell.? Does anyone have a tab of his part?? I wanna try recording Izzys rhythm, Slashs lead, and Duffs whatever, just see what it adds.? So yeah, help good, thanks.
"duffs whatever"  hihi
on the record he plays bass and only bass... he only plays rhythm guitar on One In A Million on the record so if you see somewhere he plays rhythm it's that song... but i know he played Patience live with rhythm sometimes so i can't talk about that... i think he plays it too on the GnR Unplugged cd, have a listen... that's the only RECORD he plays rhythm on that song
but i don't have tabs sowwy

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
Sean is bored
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 04:44:13 PM »

Ok, in the video for Patience, all of Duff, Izzy and Slash or holding 6 string acoustics, Izzys playing chords, Slash lead, Im asking what Duff does, there no auditable bass, and in the video hes clearly playing chords sometimes, other stuff other times, Im just curious what he does.  And I had no clue they had an acoustic CD, what was on it?  Did Duff ever use acoustic bass's?  What about when he was with Velvet Revolver?

What's the point in drinking if you're going to be responsible about it?
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 05:22:52 PM »

Ok, in the video for Patience, all of Duff, Izzy and Slash or holding 6 string acoustics, Izzys playing chords, Slash lead, Im asking what Duff does, there no auditable bass, and in the video hes clearly playing chords sometimes, other stuff other times, Im just curious what he does.? And I had no clue they had an acoustic CD, what was on it?? Did Duff ever use acoustic bass's?? What about when he was with Velvet Revolver?
yeah you know, the GnR unplugged cd... i have it, there's a bunch of the same songs on it but at several times... funny to hear how at old shows they're like "this is called move to the city" "clap clap" and at later shows "this is called move to the city" "WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOO"  hihi
ill give you the tracklist once, i don't know it by heart (wow, only record i don't know by heart!  Shocked) it's not bad... you hear a rough sketch of patience and duff's palying there too, rhythm guitar yeah... i dunno bout the video, at the time the video was released i was in dypies so im not much of a help there, i only seen the thing once crying

so im sorry but this is all i can tell you, maybe others here can help? im sure there's someone who has a better answer for you... ill go look for that unplugged cd... it's kinda cool... like when they play i used to love her (first or second time life) and noone knew it... the reactions of the crowd are just hilarious! rofl rofl rofl

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 05:23:41 PM »

I think he is just playing 3rd guitar, chords here, melodies there you know, no tab tho sorry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: