Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:48:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Behind THe Music is supposedly being produced.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Behind THe Music is supposedly being produced.  (Read 68064 times)
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« on: April 08, 2004, 12:30:22 AM »

Got this from Dust N' Bones, not really anything major or official, but somone mentioned that they are doing it right now, if it's true it is probably going to be out in time for velvet revolvers release.  Don't know if axl is even in it, but i would think that would be pretty dumb if they don't have any new interviews with axl. can anyone confirm or deny this? anyone else heard about it?

What Goes around comes around!
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 12:57:48 AM »

Axl giving an interview, that only happens once every few years.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 01:11:25 AM »

confused     Just when I have finally convinced myself to not pay attention to any rumors.  

It would be awesome if this were true, but I don't know that Axl would agree for the show to air in time for VR's release.  Wouldn't it be better for him to have the show air in time for CD's release instead?  
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 02:12:19 AM »

Maybe after the GH thing bringing them together to forge afront against Geffen , may be they would do it to mutally benifits eaches new endevour nervous

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 03:31:47 AM »

maybe they're doing it to coincide with CD release......remember Axl saying (without going into details) or some shit.......doubt it tho.....
Counterfeit_God
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 08:33:37 AM »

Axl giving an interview, that only happens once every few years.

However-Kurt Loder is the only man allowed to interview him as well.

VH1 is owned by Viacom-which also owns MTV...Loder is employed at MTV...Probably not, but you never know.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 08:38:30 AM »

They CAN do the show without Axl. It won't be as good without him, but they can do it. If anything, all the other members showing up for a show about GNR and not him will continue to make him look like a baby. I can totally see Slash and them wanting to do this as a way of re-connecting themselves with GNR and getting their name back out there. It is a very smart decision if this is true.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 09:19:53 AM »

They CAN do the show without Axl. It won't be as good without him, but they can do it. If anything, all the other members showing up for a show about GNR and not him will continue to make him look like a baby. I can totally see Slash and them wanting to do this as a way of re-connecting themselves with GNR and getting their name back out there. It is a very smart decision if this is true.

I'm not sure they can...legally...at least if they have any intention of using "official" material (concert footage, videos, etc).  Axl owns the GnR trademark, so it might be dicey.  At best, it's a grey area, and, quite frankly, I don't think MTV/Viacom/VH1 would think it was worth doing without Axl.  I mean, what would be the point?

I've got a friend who works at RCMH, and he's worked with the MTV production staff a bunch of times, now.  I'm going to contact him and see if he can pry any info out of them about this...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 10:45:22 AM »

I love the behind the music shows and always wished that there was one for GNR.  This would be awesome!  ok

Why don't you just....
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 11:14:38 AM »

I love the behind the music shows and always wished that there was one for GNR.  This would be awesome!  ok

I agree i love to watch these shows on the bands that interest me and i think they could make a GNR one the best Behind The Music of all time...Everyone would tune in..I hope its true

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Crowebar
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 11:14:41 AM »

confused    

Wouldn't it be better for him to have the show air in time for CD's release instead?  

Why? Huh

What's the difference anyway? Shocked

I say release everything right now. nervous

Why the fuck not? Huh

The bottom line right now is releasing anything at all, is better than what we've all been getting.

Which is pretty much nothing except continuing bullshit and complete fuck-arounds. rant

Right?Huh?  Roll Eyes
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 12:06:45 PM »

Actually I bet Axl would participate. BTM would be a huge spike for sales if he actually deigns to release this ridiculous album, and his participation in the show would only increase that effect.

I've seen enough.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2004, 12:46:36 PM »

There is no way Axl would agree to do a Behind The Music.  Especially since a great deal of the band's troubles paint him in a very bad light.  Whether they could go ahead and do it without him, I don't know.  It seems with the lawsuit though that Slash and Duff were trying to get on Axl's good side, I don't think the band would want anything divisive right now.  I don't know that Izzy would agree to do it either.  Steven Adler?  You know he'd be there with bell's on.  
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2004, 03:23:10 PM »

Geez, it'd have to be a 4-hour special, as much as GNR's been through...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2004, 03:30:06 PM »

I thought I remember way back that Behind the Music tried to get them to do it but Slash and Axl said they never would do one.  Maybe they changed thier minds.  But I doubt it, I really don't think this would happen.  I think that these former bandmates just hate each other too much to do it and they would have a hard time talking about what had happened.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2004, 03:42:05 PM »

They did say that, but here's to hoping that they changed their minds!  Grin

A lot of other bands have done this after they split...

Where's pilferk? Hopefully he'll be back with some good news - we need it!  yes

Why don't you just....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2004, 03:44:54 PM »

I thought I remember way back that Behind the Music tried to get them to do it but Slash and Axl said they never would do one.  Maybe they changed thier minds.  But I doubt it, I really don't think this would happen.  I think that these former bandmates just hate each other too much to do it and they would have a hard time talking about what had happened.

True, from what I remember.

1) Axl was supposedly asked to do one after the Metallica BTM was done.  He flatly refused (from what I've heard/read/etc) and told them there was no way GnR was going to do one as long as he was alive. That's the "rumor" anyway.

2) Now, this part is fact.  Slash was doing an interview on a show...I swear it was the Man show, but I could be wrong (old age, and all that)...and the host (again, I swear it was Kimmel) asked him if he'd ever consider doing a BTM for GnR.  Slash said he'd never do one, and never be involved if they did do one, because he felt it violated the "spirit of Guns n Roses".

Edit:I haven't heard a word back from my friend.  Prolly busy.  If I hear anything this weekend, I'll be sure to post.  Given it's a "holiday" weekend (Good Friday) for many people (like ME!), there's a chance he may not hear anything, so I may not hear from him, til Monday!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2004, 03:52:46 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2004, 03:50:14 PM »

1) Axl was supposed asked to do one after the Metallica BTM was done.  He flatly refused (from what I've heard/read/etc) and told them there was no way GnR was going to do one as long as he was alive. That's the "rumor" anyway.

2) Now, this part is fact.  Slash was doing an interview on a show...I swear it was the Man show, but I could be wrong (old age, and all that)...and the host (again, I swear it was Kimmel) asked him if he'd ever consider doing a BTM for GnR.  Slash said he'd never do one, and never be involved if they did do one, because he felt it violated the "spirit of Guns n Roses".

Well that sure put a damper on my short lived party.  Sad

Why don't you just....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2004, 03:54:46 PM »

1) Axl was supposed asked to do one after the Metallica BTM was done.  He flatly refused (from what I've heard/read/etc) and told them there was no way GnR was going to do one as long as he was alive. That's the "rumor" anyway.

Well that sure put a damper on my short lived party.  Sad

Both those things happened quite awhile ago....the Axl rumor is at least 4 or 5 years old, I think (when did the Metallica BTM air?).  The Slash interview took place at least a couple of years ago, from what I remember..maybe even a bit longer....certainly before VR formed.  Either one, or both, could have changed their minds.

Together again,
Toast960
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2004, 04:11:41 PM »

The Metallica Behind The Music came out to coincide with the release of "St. Anger" if I remember correctly.

I love this job more than I love taffy. And I'm a man who loves his taffy

-Mayor Adam West
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: