Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:45:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash & Duff to sue Axl! part 2 (New info in Slash/Duff lawsuit)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Duff to sue Axl! part 2 (New info in Slash/Duff lawsuit)  (Read 65205 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #200 on: May 10, 2004, 04:27:42 AM »

if slash and duff werent getting royalties anymore from their work id be behind them 100 percent but they are still gettin paid! so whats their bitch?

Exactly D....

Whats is thier Bitch now??? They didnt give a rats ass 9 years ago... but now its a big deal to them...

Jeesh...have you read anything here..say within the last 4-6 pages or so.  Roll Eyes
kockstar99
« Reply #201 on: May 10, 2004, 04:52:26 AM »

if slash and duff werent getting royalties anymore from their work id be behind them 100 percent but they are still gettin paid! so whats their bitch?

Exactly D....

Whats is thier Bitch now??? They didnt give a rats ass 9 years ago... but now its a big deal to them...

Jeesh...have you read anything here..say within the last 4-6 pages or so.  Roll Eyes
um yeah i have ... the shit about the the re recorded WTTJ or the sales of the greatest hits??

have you?? what does your post have to do with the topic??

nothing....

or you need me to summarize it for you?Huh

Prodigal Son
Opening Act

« Reply #202 on: May 10, 2004, 10:48:49 AM »

Velvet Revolver are apparently recording their shows...for future releases...

Since they play GN'R songs..and want to release the shows..it would be easier if they had got the rights to release GN'R songs on live recordings..cause now they don't have the right to do that or Huh
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2004, 01:36:06 PM »

Velvet Revolver are apparently recording their shows...for future releases...

Since they play GN'R songs..and want to release the shows..it would be easier if they had got the rights to release GN'R songs on live recordings..cause now they don't have the right to do that or Huh

I'm starting to think that is why Slash and Duff are sueing .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Evolution
« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2004, 07:10:49 PM »

i just hope these lawsuits will inspire axl to get up and fucking rock!
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2004, 09:12:19 PM »

I didn't read through all the posts, so perhaps I missed something. I don't have a clue about partnerships, usually they do end up badly, by someone paying off a lot of money just to get rid of the undesirable. Maybe, just maybe, there is some loophole  in the contract that would be an advantage. confused
I sincerely hope everything works out for Axl!

I hope the answer is on the way! I'll have to turn to a higher power tonight!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #206 on: May 11, 2004, 06:09:57 AM »

u know this could be the same reason axl didnt release the las vegas dvd, he didnt want money he made goin to the old band

u can play any songsu want in concert but if u release something u have to get permission and/or pay royalties

so if vr include gnr songs stp songs nirvana songs those resective parties involved will receive compensation, however it seems vr are mainly usin gnr songs that axl had nothin much to do with, mr brownstone,its so easy etc

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #207 on: May 11, 2004, 11:31:34 AM »

Exactly D....

I was watching some past 90's concerts with the old band and remembering how much i missed the old band but when i think about this shit they pull i feel nothing but utter disgust for them and thier new band...

go to hell Slash and Duff... ok you wrote some good Riffs and Bass Lines.. but you walked away...

FACE IT VR FANS ...AXL ROSE IS A SMARTER MOTHER FUCKER AND BETTER MUSICIAN than they are...

CD is more anticipated than Contraband....

Contraband has more "original gnr members"

Contraband is not as anticipated as CD is

CD has taken more time to make...

Contraband has taken just as much time to make...

when was the last time Duff, Slash and Matt made released a CD together???  the same amount of time as Axl Rose has...

Face it.... Axl Rose is and has always been the talent behind GnR(name or not) .....

yes they made good music together but CD, The Blues, Madagascar, are better than anything the VR guys can come up with..

Bash away... Slash and Duff are acting like a bunch of little cunts..

oh and i can "judge them" coz i buy the god damn records, the concert tickets, the T-shirts, The posters, and the DVD's.....

hmm, You seem very sensitive to people having an opinion other than your's.  

And don't you think your comments regarding Slash and Duff a little harsh considering you don't know them or the full story?  It's easier to say things like that under a pseudo name and behind your comp. But i'm wondering if you would say that to them and post that in your own name - just interested.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #208 on: May 11, 2004, 01:28:54 PM »

Exactly D....

I was watching some past 90's concerts with the old band and remembering how much i missed the old band but when i think about this shit they pull i feel nothing but utter disgust for them and thier new band...

go to hell Slash and Duff... ok you wrote some good Riffs and Bass Lines.. but you walked away...

FACE IT VR FANS ...AXL ROSE IS A SMARTER MOTHER FUCKER AND BETTER MUSICIAN than they are...

when was the last time Duff, Slash and Matt made released a CD together???  the same amount of time as Axl Rose has...

Face it.... Axl Rose is and has always been the talent behind GnR(name or not) .....

yes they made good music together but CD, The Blues, Madagascar, are better than anything the VR guys can come up with..

oh and i can "judge them" coz i buy the god damn records, the concert tickets, the T-shirts, The posters, and the DVD's.....

hmm, You seem very sensitive to people having an opinion other than your's.  

And don't you think your comments regarding Slash and Duff a little harsh considering you don't know them or the full story?  It's easier to say things like that under a pseudo name and behind your comp. But i'm wondering if you would say that to them and post that in your own name - just interested.

Fucking right!! If I saw Slash and Duff I'd tell em to go fuck themselves!!! What are they gonna do kick my ass??? HA!! ya right they'd go to jail faster than you can say VR! Only Axl Rose would punch me out hihi

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2004, 04:48:29 AM »

I just want to state I'm a fan of all 3 men, Axl, Slash & Duff, & I await both parties future releases (I'm more excited for VR, we dont even know if CD is going to coming out) & that I can look at this situation (as well as any other situation) objectively

I dont think its Duff's intention to hurt Axl, as he said he would like to still be friends with him & wishes him the best, & though i'm sure Slash is angry at Axl but he has wished Axl the best in the past, so i dont think he wants to completely shut out Axl as well, I think all Duff & Slash want is what they are owed, which is the royalties to songs they performed on & some role in the decisions regarding how the music they were apart of creating is used, which is fair enuff. Why should it just be Axl? Hell why arent Izzy, Steven, Matt, Gilby & Dizzy involved in some of the decisions regarding material they were apart of since they contributed to the band as well during the times they were in the band.

Ohh & by the way, this TIPSY guy has to be one of the biggest idiots i've seen here so I will not even bother replying to his stuff because he is talking a bunch of BS

i think that slash and duff are scared,because gh have great selling,and new incarnation of gnr will have a better selling than gh,and that will be great axl success.they are SCARED

& on what night did this dream occur?

Untill then, i say good luck to slash and duff, screw axl till his ears bleed, maybe one day hell wake up and realise just what a fukking wanker he really is !

Um.... no Fuck Slash... Fuck Duff...  
they are the wankers peace
they are the ones who are suing for rights they must claim they weren't aware of all these years...  

S/D "You see... your honor... since 1995 we have had all the rights to GN'R's music"

Judge "Really now, hm.  Why did you not excercise your rights?"

S/D: *Shrugs* um... well, you see your honor we didn't realize it til just now.

Judge  "Hm.  I see.  But you claim that Axl Rose knew."

S/D:  Yes, your honor.  You see... he's a really bad, bad man.

Roll Eyes

& which part of this thread did you even read other than the heading, because if you read it you will know that the 9 year deal wont hurt them that much at all except in trying to get owed royalties

Naupis,

We've read only one side of the story, so lets wait and see what Axl has to say.  I'll bet any money he will come out swinging.

He may come out swinging, but without some muscle behind them (Proof & Evidence), his punches wont sting at all.

By the way, if we waited for Axl to say anything it would be a hell of a long time before we could express our opinions on this matter

If slash and duff are claiming axl left the partnership in 1995 and they have the sole rights to say how the songs are to be used then why did they join axl in the lawsuit against geffen for releasing the GHs album.

If that letter is true then slash and duff wouldnt have needed axl to try and block the Ghs from being released and axl wouldnt have been allowed to bring a lawsuit against geffen since he didnt have any right to.

I think slash and duff will have a hard time explaining that one away.

Its not that hard to explain, they may have hired new lawyers who went through many documents, & as you know with legal documents it isnt always easy to understand & know your full rights. Duff & Slash might have not known, & as others have already said BEFORE YOU POSTED THIS!!! that the new lawyers found it, brought it to Duff & Slash's & attention & worked with them to plan this lawsuit against Axl.

They're not the sharpest tools in the shed and I am not sure they even knew. I suspect when they had their lawyers look into the contracts about filing an injunction to stop the GH release that one of them saw this and brought it to their attention, and then they were like, "Oh really, well lets see what we can do about it." I would be willing to bet any amount of money this is how the whole thing went down.  

Exactly what I thought when I read about these latest developements. I'm not gonna insult them like u did with the "not the sharpest tools in the shed", just because they didnt know about it dont mean they were dumb. Not everyone is a lawyer, & I'm sure if they could decifer all the legal mumbo jumbo before they would've acted alot sooner, but since they just found out they have some legal rights, they're taking the appropriate action.

Exactly D....

CD is more anticipated than Contraband?Huh Um maybe on THIS website it is, but many others not just in the GNR fan kingdom, but many people around the world think Axl, the new GNR (if they even know, believe it or not not everyone in the world knows the news on GNR) & Chinese Democracy is a big joke.

Lol so Duff Slash & Matt havent released a cd together since 1993, so i guess that means they've been working on Contraband since then Roll Eyes. I dont even contest that Axls been working on CD for that long, let alone Velvet.
During those years each man has had some type of project or work, & they've explained why they never got together sooner already. & they only played together in 2002 wasnt it?, well they did over 60 songs without the vocals, probably took a few months to do that, the songs just sat there while they looked for a good vocalist, & they found one, worked on Money & Set Me Free, released them mid 2003, then for 6 months they worked on the album (& it only took that long coz of the they changed producers), & Contraband was ready by the end of 2003, the only thing they have been waiting for is the record label promoting them, & also Greatest Hits delayed the album further

So in basically under a year, hell i'll say 18 months, Velvet Revolver has put together an album that is recieving praise from people who have heard it, has been getting alot of publicity (yes & i'll admit the GNR resurgance on the charts may have something to do with it). They have also played a few performances, a concert, a tour about to begin, a video clip, a tv special & i'm sure theres more

Okay from Axl & from other people involved in CD, they seem to suggest the album began being made in 1997-98 some time. It is now 2004, that is 6-7 years, with no announced release date. All that has happened with Axl N Roses & CD in those years is people joining & leaving the band, a tour that did have some highlights (MSG & a few other packed show), but was halted half way through for a yet to be explained official reason, 2 riots because of 2 no shows, a few shows oversea's, an MTV performance that was horrible & of course no official release date in place for CD.

Now i've heard 5 songs that were rumored to be on CD (The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, Rhiad & Silkworms), & while i like 4 of them I just have lost alot of faith. I remember in 2002 when the tours & MTV performance happened I had alot of faith & thought that Axl was going to release it, but obviously that didnt happen & 18 months (even after all the posts where Axl lovers like urself GUARANTEED it would be by certain dates that are well past) after there is still no end to this wait in sight.

& about the 9 years thing, thats already been explained a dozen of so times already in this thread alone, there could be legit reasons behind it. If there isnt then yes you have to ask why 9 years, but as people here said, it is more than probable that Duff & Slash have hired new lawyers who looked through the many legal papers & found out a right Duff & Slash have that they previously had no knowledge on

So I think I made my points & show how your comments are flawed & incorrect & extremely biased.
rubie vale
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2004, 08:05:54 AM »

Did it ever occur to you Slah & Duff haters that they may have not instigated this action? They hire lawyers to represent them in the 'shittiest business in the world' as it is well known. It's those boys and girls that stay up late reading music law learning how to make a living by lawsuits etc.
I bet that the lawyers are re-examining the financial and legal fallout from the GNR collapse probably upon Duffs insistance since he's the finance graduate and probably knows now that some shitty decisions were made on his behalf.
Frankly, if I had been 1/5th of the band that sold 80 million albums, flogged my ass around the world playing shows, blew up my pancreas, practically died and made it out again I would take stock of what happened and with my new found clarity make sure I got my full pay check for the time put in.
Why do some of you ALWAYS side with Axl? He's the most legally trigger fingered rock star known (after Metallica). All that's happening is that financial wrongs are being set to right and if Slash & Duff are wrong the LAW will rule against them, end of story.
To spend the money involved in this action (probably about $400,00 in court expenses) they must feel they are justified in persuing this and I'm sure the lawyers have illustrated clearly to them why they think they are right to do so.
This is not personal, 'personal' is long gone now..what's left is the rotting carcass of the best band ever with the legal vultures picking the last unnoticed pieces of meat from it. The spirit left the body somehwhere around 1993.
peace,
Ruby
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2004, 12:17:58 AM »

This is not personal, 'personal' is long gone now..what's left is the rotting carcass of the best band ever with the legal vultures picking the last unnoticed pieces of meat from it. The spirit left the body somehwhere around 1993.
peace,
Ruby

^^^

tru shit
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2004, 10:26:18 PM »

I just want to state I'm a fan of all 3 men, Axl, Slash & Duff, & I await both parties future releases (I'm more excited for VR, we dont even know if CD is going to coming out) & that I can look at this situation (as well as any other situation) objectively

Well yippee skippy for you.  Really, its must be nice to live in your world.  In my world, those who make themselves enemies of those whom I support, make themselves my enemies.  I had a certain amount of respect for Slash... and certainly Duff had not previously generated any feelings of illwill from me.  Now it is in Black and White.  Its them Vs. Axl.  I choose Axl's side.  Personally, I find a 'neutral' stance a sign of weakness.  I'd rather go down in flames with my principles in tact than survive a shitstorm only through failure to commit to any ideals.  To each his own.  I can not support Slash or Duff in this action, I can not and will not claim safe/neutral ground.  This suit is a declaration of war.  I AM BIASED.  I AM ON AXL'S 'SIDE' AND PROUD OF IT.  Thank you.

I dont think its Duff's intention to hurt Axl, as he said he would like to still be friends with him & wishes him the best,

THATS YOUR OPINION - AN OPINION WHICH THIS LAWSUIT SHOULD GIVE YOU CAUSE TO RE-EVALUATE.

& though i'm sure Slash is angry at Axl but he has wished Axl the best in the past, so i dont think he wants to completely shut out Axl as well,

READ IT AGAIN.  YES HE DOES WANT TO SHUT HIM OUT

I think all Duff & Slash want is what they are owed, which is the royalties to songs they performed on

DO YOU BELIEVE IT IS AXL'S JOB TO ISSUE ROYALTY CHECKS?  OR TO NEGOTIATE TERMS FOR THEIR COMPENSATION?

& some role in the decisions regarding how the music they were apart of creating is used, which is fair enuff.

UM.. NO READ IT AGAIN.  THEY ARE SEEKING SOLE RIGHTS

Why should it just be Axl?

WHO SAID THAT?! btw... they are saying it should be just them

Hell why arent Izzy, Steven, Matt, Gilby & Dizzy involved in some of the decisions regarding material they were apart of since they contributed to the band as well during the times they were in the band.

Doesn't matter... none of the parties you mention are involved in the suit.  

i think that slash and duff are scared,because gh have great selling,and new incarnation of gnr will have a better selling than gh,and that will be great axl success.they are SCARED

& on what night did this dream occur?

Oh yeah, thats right - Slash and Duff wish Axl the best - yeah right... they hope CD is a big success.... they 'really respect what he is doing' and wish him all the success in the world with CD and are looking forward to its release.... yeah, its like 'he's my bro' yeah  Roll Eyes  If you believe this for one minute then you really are living in a fantasy world and may I please borrow your rose colored beer goggles.   Axl's success is not on their wish list.  Hence, its not an unfair assumption that this failure is not something they wouldn't celebrate.

Untill then, i say good luck to slash and duff, screw axl till his ears bleed, maybe one day hell wake up and realise just what a fukking wanker he really is !

Um.... no Fuck Slash... Fuck Duff...  
they are the wankers peace
they are the ones who are suing for rights they must claim they weren't aware of all these years...  

S/D "You see... your honor... since 1995 we have had all the rights to GN'R's music"

Judge "Really now, hm.  Why did you not excercise your rights?"

S/D: *Shrugs* um... well, you see your honor we didn't realize it til just now.

Judge  "Hm.  I see.  But you claim that Axl Rose knew."

S/D:  Yes, your honor.  You see... he's a really bad, bad man.

Roll Eyes

& which part of this thread did you even read other than the heading,

I read the whole thread and the 16 pages of the lawsuit.  

because if you read it you will know that the 9 year deal wont hurt them that much at all except in trying to get owed royalties

wtf are you talking about?  
Think!  rant

I do not find it reasonable to say that Slash and Duff were unaware/ignorant of the terms of the 1992 partnership agreement to which the suit refers.

The suit claims that the 1992 agreement made certain provisions in the event that certain things took place.

I do not believe that those certain things took place...  
If they had - then Slash and Duff would have immediately executed their rights according to certain provisions which they claim were part of the 1992 parntership agreement.  

What I do believe is that recently something triggered a rifling of paperwork....
and that they decided to try and use the 1995 letter to make a case that certain things took place...
regardless of what actually took place.... (yes, I'm calling them liars)
Liars who I believe, would surely be at a loss to explain how, if the things they claim took place actually occured,
how it is that they were unaware of it til now, only now claiming rights under the provisions they claim the agreement allowed for?

This suit, in my opinion is just Slash and Duff at their lowest.
I wish Axl victory and success against these enemies.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2004, 10:28:10 PM »

Naupis,

We've read only one side of the story, so lets wait and see what Axl has to say.  I'll bet any money he will come out swinging.

He may come out swinging, but without some muscle behind them (Proof & Evidence), his punches wont sting at all.

and theirs will?  Its amazing how this suit comes out referencing a 1992 agreement which isn't even the issue....   the issue is whether Axl quit GN'R in 1995 and relinquished all his rights at that time OR NOT.
What's amazing is how someone such as yourself who claims to be unbiased lends all the weight to a referenced piece of paper and DOES NOT LEND ONE IOTA OF WEIGHT TO THE EVENTS OF THE ENITIRE PAST DECADE.  

I recited this example before but will repeat it here for your benefit:

If a judge awarded custody of a divorced couple's children to the father however the father never picked the children up nor claimed actual custody of the children and they remained in residence with the mother, could he after 10 years bring charges against the mother for kidnapping?

By the way, if we waited for Axl to say anything it would be a hell of a long time before we could express our opinions on this matter

I prefer his silence rather than the lies and two faced bullshit that spews forth from the mouths of certain former members.  And while I'm on the subject of mouths and bullshit and assholes - someone shut Matt Sorum the fuck up!  Thank you.  Grin

If slash and duff are claiming axl left the partnership in 1995 and they have the sole rights to say how the songs are to be used then why did they join axl in the lawsuit against geffen for releasing the GHs album.

If that letter is true then slash and duff wouldnt have needed axl to try and block the Ghs from being released and axl wouldnt have been allowed to bring a lawsuit against geffen since he didnt have any right to.

I think slash and duff will have a hard time explaining that one away.

Its not that hard to explain, they may have hired new lawyers who went through many documents, & as you know with legal documents it isnt always easy to understand & know your full rights. Duff & Slash might have not known, & as others have already said BEFORE YOU POSTED THIS!!! that the new lawyers found it, brought it to Duff & Slash's & attention & worked with them to plan this lawsuit against Axl.

You are saying that the new lawyers, in 2004, discovered that Axl quit in 1995?
Thats bullshit.  rofl The new laywers found a letter that they could use to try and make a case that Axl quit in 1995.  Slash and Duff were previously unaware that they could try and make this case.  But IF AXL IN FACT HAD QUIT GN'R THEY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN UNAWARE OF THAT.
If Axl had in fact quit in 1995 Slash and Duff and GN'R management and Geffen and many other parties would have been well aware of it and would not need someone to advise them of it 9 years later.  rofl

Truly however, the only thing they recently discovered is how low they were willing and able to sink for the sake of money and power and a chance to renew their fame.

They're not the sharpest tools in the shed and I am not sure they even knew. I suspect when they had their lawyers look into the contracts about filing an injunction to stop the GH release that one of them saw this and brought it to their attention, and then they were like, "Oh really, well lets see what we can do about it." I would be willing to bet any amount of money this is how the whole thing went down.  

Exactly what I thought when I read about these latest developements. I'm not gonna insult them like u did with the "not the sharpest tools in the shed", just because they didnt know about it dont mean they were dumb. Not everyone is a lawyer, & I'm sure if they could decifer all the legal mumbo jumbo before they would've acted alot sooner, but since they just found out they have some legal rights, they're taking the appropriate action.

Again, I am going to say it does not take a rocket scientist to understand whether YOU quit a  band or if you were still in a band or if the lead singer quit before you.  

THIS IS NOT SOMETHING IT TAKES 9 OR 10 YEARS TO REALIZE.
They recently found a way to try and make things appear in a manner which they believe will be favorable to their financial well being.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2004, 10:30:14 PM »

CD is more anticipated than Contraband?Huh Um maybe on THIS website it is, but many others not just in the GNR fan kingdom, but many people around the world think Axl, the new GNR (if they even know, believe it or not not everyone in the world knows the news on GNR) & Chinese Democracy is a big joke.

Lol so Duff Slash & Matt havent released a cd together since 1993, so i guess that means they've been working on Contraband since then Roll Eyes. I dont even contest that Axls been working on CD for that long, let alone Velvet.
During those years each man has had some type of project or work, & they've explained why they never got together sooner already. & they only played together in 2002 wasnt it?, well they did over 60 songs without the vocals, probably took a few months to do that, the songs just sat there while they looked for a good vocalist, & they found one, worked on Money & Set Me Free, released them mid 2003, then for 6 months they worked on the album (& it only took that long coz of the they changed producers), & Contraband was ready by the end of 2003, the only thing they have been waiting for is the record label promoting them, & also Greatest Hits delayed the album further

So in basically under a year, hell i'll say 18 months, Velvet Revolver has put together an album that is recieving praise from people who have heard it, has been getting alot of publicity (yes & i'll admit the GNR resurgance on the charts may have something to do with it). They have also played a few performances, a concert, a tour about to begin, a video clip, a tv special & i'm sure theres more

Okay from Axl & from other people involved in CD, they seem to suggest the album began being made in 1997-98 some time. It is now 2004, that is 6-7 years, with no announced release date. All that has happened with Axl N Roses & CD in those years is people joining & leaving the band, a tour that did have some highlights (MSG & a few other packed show), but was halted half way through for a yet to be explained official reason, 2 riots because of 2 no shows, a few shows oversea's, an MTV performance that was horrible & of course no official release date in place for CD.

Now i've heard 5 songs that were rumored to be on CD (The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, Rhiad & Silkworms), & while i like 4 of them I just have lost alot of faith. I remember in 2002 when the tours & MTV performance happened I had alot of faith & thought that Axl was going to release it, but obviously that didnt happen & 18 months (even after all the posts where Axl lovers like urself GUARANTEED it would be by certain dates that are well past) after there is still no end to this wait in sight.

all of the above is IRRELEVANT
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2004, 10:33:34 PM »

& about the 9 years thing, thats already been explained a dozen of so times already in this thread alone, there could be legit reasons behind it. If there isnt then yes you have to ask why 9 years, but as people here said, it is more than probable that Duff & Slash have hired new lawyers who looked through the many legal papers & found out a right Duff & Slash have that they previously had no knowledge on

THEY HAD KNOWLEGE OF WHAT THEIR RIGHTS WOULD BE SHOULD CERTAIN THINGS OCCUR EVER SINCE 1992 WHEN THEY ENTERED A FORMAL PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT WITH AXL.  

No one can say they were unaware of actual events that they are NOW claiming took place 9 years ago!  You know why they did not act all this time.  Because the things that were required to them to act did not take place.  NOW they are saying oh wait a minute - such and such did take place....  BULLSHIT.  They are only NOW trying to make it appear that certain things that DID NOT take place, happened.  LIARS.  FUCK THEM.  I have no respect for them whatsoever.

& So I think I made my points & show how your comments are flawed & incorrect & extremely biased.

I don't think you made any points what so ever.  And I don't think anyone needed you to point out that my comments were 'biased'.  I AM ON AXL'S SIDE.  FUCK SLASH AND FUCK DUFF.  Do you wanna clarify that?  Grin

Further, you have not shown that my comments are flawed and incorrect.

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT.  Slash and Duff know full well what occurred 12 years ago and what happened 9 years ago.  They knew it then.  They knew it 5 years ago.  They knew it 5 minutes ago.  But what really happened doesn't mmatter to them.  The truth does not matter to them.  All that matters to them is what they think their lawyers can (mis)represent in order for them to benefit.

someone please tell me that you think that Axl quit in 1995, but that Slash and Duff were unaware of this.  IF AXL IN FACT QUIT IN 95 - IF AXL LEFT THEY WOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT AND WOULD HAVE KICKED IN THEIR RIGHTS SINCE THEN!!!  

note:  Please do not misconstrue any of my comments as being personally against you.  If any appear that way, I aplogize.  THis subject pisses me off so I admit I am not in the most congenial of moods discussing it.  
peace
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #216 on: May 17, 2004, 01:29:20 AM »

You've already claimed you are biased to Axl, i do not like to have discussions with people who cannot remain im-partial, so i'm affraid all your reply's wont be answered because even if I provide you with rational answers, you are still too star-struck & stubborn, I wont waste my time on that i'm sorry
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #217 on: May 17, 2004, 11:48:03 AM »

You've already claimed you are biased to Axl, i do not like to have discussions with people who cannot remain im-partial, so i'm affraid all your reply's wont be answered because even if I provide you with rational answers, you are still too star-struck & stubborn, I wont waste my time on that i'm sorry

It was clear from my first post that I am on Axl's side.  You are the one who CHOSE to quote me in your post so you chose to discuss this with me - someone who is clearly 'biased'.  So you can try and run away now from making valid arguements under the premise that you don't like to have discussions with biased persons... but it seems pretty obvious that you just can not argue the points I made.  If you feel doing so won't sway me then perhaps you should share your wisdom for the benefit of all those 'im-partial' not too star struck members of the board.   Roll Eyes If you have such 'rational' points to make in reply to mine that is - how would it be a waste of your time - even if you could not sway me - you could still show everyone the error of my ways...  couldn't ya?  Cheesy

Thats a trip.  Just becuase I support Axl I am "too starstruck & stubborn".  

I think it takes a pretty hard head not to see the following clearly

Slash and Duff are trying to re-write history.  What they claim goes against everything they have stated and acted on for over a decade - it goes against everythng they have acknowledged and everything that the events of the past decade point to.  

Slash himself can be quoted as having his lawyers looking for a "LOOPHOLE"

Lemme define "loophole for ya... A "loophole" is defined as a way around an existing law, a way of doing something that a law was designed to prevent.  A loophole is defined as a situation where individuals and organizations have found a way to circumvent the intent of the original statute.  A loophole is defined as the following: a technicality making it possible to circumventthe law?s intent without violating the letter of the law. A loophole is defined as ?[a]n ambiguity, omission, or exception (as in a law or other legal document) that provides a way to avoid a rule without violating its literal requirements.  Lemme give ya an example of a 'loophole'

------- Eagle Tribune.com
------- Wednesday, June 5, 2002
------- Bishop backs proposed church sex abuse policy
------- By J.M. Hirsch
------- Associated Press

------- CONCORD -- Bishop John B. McCormack said yesterday he supports a proposed national
------- sex-abuse policy for the Roman Catholic Church, even though a loophole could allow
------- abusing priests to serve with children.

My... isn't that lovely...  yeah "loophole's rock
 rant #*@%!!

They are not wishing Axl 'the best'... they are not trying to make friends with him!  They do want to shut him out entirely.  They are seeking sole rights.  Regardless of their motivation their actions reek of legal opportunism.  However, one should note* that they are not just seeking compensatory and declatory judgement - they are seeking PUNATIVE damages - that means that they aren't just looking to get what they claim they lost financially - and they aren't just looking for a judge to declare their rights for the furture - they are looking to have a judge PUNISH Axl financially.  Not to mention that they accuse him of fraud - which is a criminal allegation.  So if they have their way Axl would face criminal charges as well.  

Who could believe that they have 'no hard feelings'.... who could still be buying this line?!
Oh... yeah, the 'impartial' are buying it.   hihi

Open your eyes!  

And oh impartial wise ones....

1)  Do you know what the process is for obtaining license for a GN'R song?  Surely you don't believe studio executives flip to "Axl Rose" in their rolodex and call him and ask him about it directly?
2) Do you know who deterimines royalties and how they are distributed?  Surely you do't believe Axl is sitting at a desk with a caluculator and a checkbook?
3) No one is yet to explain just HOW Axl has been able to fool the ENTIRE ENTERTAINMENT AND RECORDING INDUSTRY.  Is he also responsible for the 'fake moon landing'?

and as a final note:  I'm not wasting my time even if you never agree with me.  I am expressing my opinions on a forum which exists for that very purpose - not for the purpose of converting individuals opinions... ( or lack therof!  Grin )

*modified for typo

« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 11:50:24 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #218 on: May 17, 2004, 02:28:36 PM »

Why do those who insist on looking upon all this in the way of taking sides, have to be so aggressive to put their point across? You know there's no point as now one knows how right they are lol so we are all guessing untill we hear more.

It's much easier to be biased in this case because you can just burst out with alot of hot air that you don't really know as fact.  But to take the right approach as they would in court you have to weigh up the positives and negatives on both sides don't you?

Axl is a genius i love and admire the guy.  But it's a safe thing to say he can be right awkward when he wants to.  Likes to have things his ownway.  Can make things very difficult and can seemingly cut off from those who piss him off and not worry too much about them.  Cancels gigs and tours without realising the fans have spent - as he would say - their hard earnt money and get nothing back. And has n't showed any kind of friendliness or respect for the people who grew up with him and created what they all benefit from now.  

With Slash and Duff though you do always get a certain sense of loyalty to the GNR machine. You can't really argue that, because they have always maintained a respect for Axl in interviews ect have even stood up for him.  

As i have said before i think they realised - we have been too nice for too long and not got any kind of contact or respect from Axl  and feel for what ever reason now they want to stick up for themselves a bit more.  

Maybe they haven't been recieving what they should in terms of royalties.  Just the other day on the news it had a story about artists even as huge as David Bowie not being paid what they are owed in royalties.  So it's not inconcievable that they have not been getting what they are owned - meer speculation on my part, but it's not too far fetched a possibility is it?  

Anyway to be a fan of somebody's work does not mean you have to agree  with everything and anything they do or say do you ?  You don't even have to like the person to like the music.  It would be silly to live that way for somebody else who you will never know.

Anyway hey a reply from Axl must be due so we will get a fuller picture of the truth - i'm sure Axl has alot of valid points to make. Maybe alot of telling - as yet- unknown truths about what went on.

Whatever happens though I'll be buying both Contraband and Chinese Democracy - it won't shade my enjoyment of the music - aslong as the music is  good.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 07:12:50 PM by mrfarr » Logged

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #219 on: May 17, 2004, 07:14:38 PM »

Wow your very heated arent you? lol  

hehe.  I'm an avid Axl supporter and proud of it  ok

Chill it's just a debate no-ones opinion is concrete to the truth.

I'm chill.   Kiss

I'm guessing you must have not liked Slash and Duff much - previously to this lawsuit ?

I'm pissed cuz I was honestly warming up to the idea of VR and looking forward to what they had to offer...  I stayed up late two nights trying to catch the damn video on MTV2!  I actually got a bit excited when I heard Slither on my local rock radio station the first time.  I was glad to see them moving on.  

Did I like Slash?  I've kept up my gaurd in this regard.  The way he contradicts himself has made me feel as though he should not be taken at face value.  Now that this has happened - I feel like "Motherfucker!  Urghhh.   Grrrr...  Etc."  I suspected something was going on behind the scenes but hoped there wasn't.
As for Duff...  This sheds a lot of light in the statements Axl has made since HOB, RIR3, in the gnronline press release, and the comments Axl made during the 2002 tour.

Anyhow... To be fair to what I think you are getting at in your question - Axl has always meant more to me in GN'R than Slash or Duff.   love

It's much easier to be biased in this case because you can just burst out with alot of hot air that you don't really know as fact.  But to take the right approach as they would in court you have to weigh up the positives and negatives on both sides don't you?

I get what you are saying.  Fair enough.  I do not deny that my emotions have been ignited.  The anger that is manifest in my opionion is a product of the underlying sadness and dissapointment that I feel as a result of this action.  Keep in mind that this lawsuit as we know it right now consists only of an offensive.  I think my presenting a defensive at this point, armed with what we do know up to this point, is understandable and quite fair game.  If Axl were taking action against Slash/Duff, then it would be fair game for anyone to analyze that action.  Same thing here.  There is at this point only one side being presented.  I think its understandable that one may want to formulate 'the other side' at this point.
Especially 'one' such as myself who has a firm belief in Axl's intentions and integrity.

Axl is a genius i love and admire the guy.  

I agree. hehe
Me too.

But it's a safe thing to say he can be right awkward when he wants to.  

Thats where believing in someone, trusting thier person as it were, comes into play.  
It has a lot to do with emotion and matters of the heart.  I do not deny that Axl has captured mine.
Through everything he has shared of himself - I have found him to be honest and real - through
actions good and bad exposing characteristics both virtuous and flawed, strong and week, inspirational and comforting as well as disturbing and worrysome - I have always felt that he does not hide nor seek to misrepresent himself nor his intentions.  I respect that a great deal and find it lends itself towards my granting my trust and belief in him.

Likes to have things his ownway.

Who doesn't!  lol  And who in a position to have thier own way, would not indeed have it their way?

Can make things very difficult

Sure, not going along with what others want makes 'things' difficult.  Its part of the aforementioned 'wanting to have things your own way'....  Grin

and can seemingly cut off from those who piss him off and not worry too much about them.

Why keep negativity in your life?

Cancels gigs and tours without realising the fans have spent - as he would say - their hard earnt money and get nothing back.

Thats a hefty assumption.  Anyone can say he doesn't care.  And I can say he does care.  Again, like I said, I can understand this kind of bitterness...   things have not been great for GN'R fans.  We have suffered a lot of dissapointments and inconveniences and frustration.  I say, as much as we feel these things, how can it not be considered that Axl likely  feels these things 10 times more than us?

And has n't showed any kind of friendliness or respect for the people who grew up with him and created what they all benefit from now.  With Slash and Duff though you do always get a certain sense of loyalty to the GNR machine. You can't really argue that, because they have always maintained a respect for Axl in interviews ect have even stood up for him.  

And what have 'they' shown him?  What have they shown us?  Two faces.  Whatever feelings he has for any of them, he has always been honest about it.  That I respect.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: