Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:21:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227879 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash & Duff to sue Axl! part 2 (New info in Slash/Duff lawsuit)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Duff to sue Axl! part 2 (New info in Slash/Duff lawsuit)  (Read 65182 times)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2004, 07:16:41 PM »

As i have said before i think they realised - we have been too nice for too long and not got any kind of contact or respect from Axl  and feel for what ever reason now they want to stick up for themselves a bit more.  

They 'let' Axl believe he had rights that he didn't really have in effort 'to be nice'Huh
C'mon  rofl   Further... they just realized this???  They just realized that they were being too nice??
Sorry... its a pretty sad state when this is presented as some sort of valid explanation for thier lack of action and thier backtracking on a decades worth of actions/ non actions, statements and inherent acknowlegements.  

Maybe they haven't been recieving what they should in terms of royalties.  Just the other day on the news it had a story about artists even as huge as David Bowie not being paid what they are owed in royalties.  So it's not inconcievable that they have not been getting what they are owned - meer speculation on my part, but it's not too far fetched a possibility is it?  

First of all - Axl does not sit in his kitchen cutting royalty checks.
So he would not be the one to take this 'up' with.

The action complains that he did not grant his consent for deals that would have generated royalties for them.  It also complains that in a case where he did grant his consent for a deal he did so only because he was able to negotiate and procure a separate fee for himself.

It seems Axl is in a financial position where he can afford to negotiate and take or leave an offer and they are not.   Whose fault is this?  They apparently don't have as much money as Axl and are pissed about it.  They apparently don't feel they have the earning potential that Axl has since he has the GN'R name and are pissed about that.  They don't have the 'pull' Axl does.  I can't help but recall Axl's comments in the  Feb 2000 Rolling Stone interview -  "When we were in airports and people are ignoring Duff and asking for my autograph, that didn't go over so well," Rose recalls. "The guys would say, you know, 'What am I? Linoleum? What am I? Wood?' " Things became progressively uglier. "There was an effort to bring me down," he says. "It was a king of the mountain thing."

Anyway to be a fan of somebody's work does not mean you have to agree  with everything and anything they do or say do you ?  You don't even have to like the person to like the music.  It would be silly to live that way for somebody else who you will never know.

I am emotionally invested in Guns N' Roses... There were times when I cried watching my old videos... seeing a small simple gesture like one of these guys taking a light off the other ones cigarette or leaning into the other one on stage.  It was like watching old home videos of your parents after a divorce.
It took time and with Axl's return (or should I say returns) and the passage of time and events I felt better.  But this latest development has opened up some old wounds and laid bare some unseemly going ons...   Know what I mean?  No in general I do not have to be 'into' someone to enjoy thier music... but there is a history with these guys and I can't separate it from feelings.  Its not like that with every band and every artist or every music I enjoy.  To me GN'R is something special beyond music.  

To put it simply this has soured my feelings towards Slash and Duff... and I'm in no mood to hear shit from them musically or otherwise.  If its my loss then so be it.  Its how I feel and I'm not going to stifle them for the sake of appearing 'above it all'.  I'm not built like that.

Anyway hey a reply from Axl must be due so we will get a fuller picture of the truth - i'm sure Axl has alot of valid points to make. Maybe alot of telling - as yet- unknown truths about what went on. .

I would love to 'hear' something from Axl.. however, when it comes to pending legal matters the rule is to keep quiet about things publicly.  I'd be very surprised if any of them were to comment publicly about this.

Whatever happens though I'll be buying both Contraband and Chinese Democracy - it won't shade my enjoyment of the music - aslong as the music is  good.

Well, - whatever feels right to you -
obviously for me its a personal decision.
I didn't buy Greatest Hits just on principle.

As for CD... If Slash and Duff have thier way Axl will be mired down in legal bulshit in both civil and criminal courts for years to come...   The release of CD - at any point in the future - is going to be a joyous occasion public vindication of Axl's strength, determination, and integrity.

"I won't be told anymore that I been brought down in this storm and left so far out from the shore that I can't find my way back anymore"

Amen to that Axl.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2004, 09:55:49 PM »

Anyway to be a fan of somebody's work does not mean you have to agree  with everything and anything they do or say do you ?  You don't even have to like the person to like the music.  It would be silly to live that way for somebody else who you will never know.

I am emotionally invested in Guns N' Roses... There were times when I cried watching my old videos... seeing a small simple gesture like one of these guys taking a light off the other ones cigarette or leaning into the other one on stage.  It was like watching old home videos of your parents after a divorce.
It took time and with Axl's return (or should I say returns) and the passage of time and events I felt better.  But this latest development has opened up some old wounds and laid bare some unseemly going ons...   Know what I mean?  No in general I do not have to be 'into' someone to enjoy thier music... but there is a history with these guys and I can't separate it from feelings.  Its not like that with every band and every artist or every music I enjoy.  To me GN'R is something special beyond music.  

To put it simply this has soured my feelings towards Slash and Duff... and I'm in no mood to hear shit from them musically or otherwise.  If its my loss then so be it.  Its how I feel and I'm not going to stifle them for the sake of appearing 'above it all'.  I'm not built like that.

Hey you make alot of sense I'll give you that. Wink  when ur not so hot headed lol  notice how i edited my post so not for u to think i was picking on you? - see polite me lol  

What you said about the emotional investment believe me i know 1000%.  I have fought the GNR corner even at school - this was like 1993 people were turning anti Guns even then!?  But no i stood strong and proud lol  I have been a fan since 1992 have the battle scars too lol

I know what passions GNR raise from me.  I have 4 best mates and we are all obsessed - unique where we live lol  and love GNR so much! I promise u. Hey i'll even admit to pretending to have a mic in my hand doing the Axl moves lol   We have emptied pub Kareoke (? it's late and i can't spell japanese lol) nights  doing our bit for the GNR family lol.

But i know that at least 2 of the guys - actually none of them use the net.  But after spending money on gigs that don't happen on 2 occasions ( the same guy bought everyone elses on his card! owch lol)  it has pissed them off alot - especially after pulling out from Lisbon this year.  That was going to be an investment of time and money and people had to work to get that money u know? So this time around they are getting a little more pissed than they would usually because it hurts it does ur right.  

On this Lawsuit topic though i just try and balance my opinion with a bit of support and question equal to each side you know ?  

I have actually met Slash and that night he spent 3 hours if not more, taking time out for  everyone that wanted an autograph or wanted to shake his hand or just talk to him for a minute you know?  He was really a genuinly nice guy and didn't dissapoint anyone. And so i do feel the sense to stick up for him from my experience you know?  Obviously i can't say i know the guy, but i know how good he made us all feel that night you know?  We even missed our train and crashed out at the gates of the venue.

But not at the expence of Axl's - i have equal respect and when that guy appeared live on stage in the UK in 2002  i felt he rewarded me for every second i had been a fan you know?  And then i saw him again 2 days later in London and he was even better!  Those gigs were so important in my life really were the man is a genius.   Again i even slept outside the venue that bitter cold night lol

I've been buying more new/old bootleg vids and i get even more excited by them all you know which is why i have to remain loyal to all untill at least i know more you know?  

And you know what?  Those magic words " I won't be told anymore"  thats like my motto lol  
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 10:10:28 PM by mrfarr » Logged

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2004, 12:06:25 AM »

And you know what?  Those magic words " I won't be told anymore"  thats like my motto lol  

ok
cool  Smiley
 peace
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2004, 01:07:05 AM »

Eva, dont waste your time. You can think what you want, the fact is i just dont have the time to go through your posts right now. Maybe next weekend i will, if i have the time, but i doubt it.

But even if I did, the point is, you've already stated you are biased, I dont deal with people who are biased because no matter what I say about Axl, you've made up your mind, no matter the amount of proof, you'll turn a blind eye to Axl's errors in his ways, & turn things around to make anyone not in Axl's group look bad.

I'm not biased, I can look at things objectively, & i dont have to choose some stupid side. We arent there to know the whole story, whats the point of choosing sides. I like Axl's voice & his abilities, just like I like VR's abilities, & I'm not going to be immature & stupid & just choose 1 over the other just because neither side get along anymore

Besides I see what happens with my own eyes & be the judge. The difference between a rational thinking person & an unrational thinking person is that we can look at things objectively, because we are not biased. You (& the handful of Axl devotee's) have a bias (you've admitted yours already).

I can look at things objectively. See if Slash or Duff got on the mic & demanded a fan be kicked out for simply taking a few harmless pictures, or if they no-showed & caused 4 riots, I'd say to hell with Slash or/& Duff as people

But with you (& a few others here) If Axl does something, you always give him the benefit of the doubt or turn a blind eye to his actions. But if Slash or Duff did the same thing, you dont give them the benefit of the doubt & you presume things.

The fact of the matter is they havent done anything wrong at all except help make music that was great for all of us.

No matter what Axl does, I will always give him credit for the musician & showman he once was, just as I do for Slash & Duff. But unlike Slash & Duff, Axl's problems are well documented & we've even seen them for ourselfs, we have seen his actions & heard his words, when you guys bring up something about Slash or Duff its usually rumor or theories, Axl's actions & words are fact

We have seen or heard Axl:
* Kick FANS (yes fans like you & me) out of a concert they paid good money for over a few stupid pics. Its not like Axl hasnt been photographed before.
* Cancel or No Show concerts at the very last minute or walk out of concerts early, which in turn caused riots, which a though cant be entirely blamed on Axl, but they could've been avoided if Axl furfilled his commitments & cared about his fans. If he cared about his fans, he would've cared enough to play a full concert & give the people there money's worth rather than calling off a concert 1/3 into the set.

& Thats just a few things we've seen with out own eyes from Axl. What have Slash & Duff done to the fans? Nothing, which is why i dont get the hate & bias against them from yourself & the likes of yourself (Axl devotee's)

I dont even have any hate towards Axl even considering all his actions (I know there not all his fault & that he suffers from manic depression), I'm a fan of his music, just as i am of Slash Duff & any former Gunner (from the original Guns of course), why do you feel to take sides, why so much hate for them what have they done to you

Agghhh damn look i've rambled on & wasted enough time on this, we all know that it will never change, that you will continue to live in your dream world that Axl is holyier than thou, that CD is around the corner from being released, that everybody outside of the GNR fan base knows, anticipates & cares about what Axl's been doing for the past decade, that CD is gonna sell 30 million copies & Axl's going to be a big star again.

Even some of the biggest GNR fans have lost all hope of that happening (including myself, who in 2002 actually still had hope of that happening), but hey, you continue to believe whatever you want, just stop putting out theories & propaganda out there like you know for 100% that Slash & Duff are evil & out for Axl's blood (even thou Axl's done the same thing to them ever since they left "Axl's GNR")
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 01:14:22 AM by eNgIeS » Logged
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #224 on: May 18, 2004, 11:27:45 AM »

Eva, dont waste your time.

You speak as though you believe what i wrote was intended soley for you?
LOL!  
I'm not wasting my time - believe me.  Wink  Don't worry about my time. Thanks.  ok

You can think what you want,

oh yippee...  I can think what I want!   Cheesy  
 Roll Eyes

the fact is i just dont have the time to go through your posts right now. Maybe next weekend i will, if i have the time, but i doubt it.

what the fuck is that?  rofl
You tell me about wasting my time?
You however - you "Post Reply" to posts that you say you haven't even read
what do you call that?   rant
Surely you can't believe that makes any sense?    confused

You don't have time to read the posts.. but you have time to make a post to attack the poster.  Interesting.

But even if I did, the point is, you've already stated you are biased, I dont deal with people who are biased because no matter what I say about Axl, you've made up your mind, no matter the amount of proof, you'll turn a blind eye to Axl's errors in his ways, & turn things around to make anyone not in Axl's group look bad.

you keep telling me how I can not possibly hold a rational discussion because I'm on Axl's side....

and use that as an excuse to ignore everything I pointed out

you say you didn't even read my posts
so why are you responding!? rant

what would the discussions be like if everyone posted in the manner which you have?

----  "In reply to your posts I must say that I did not read your posts...
----  BUT I must reply anyway and say that whatever you said must be
----  all fucked up and contain no valid or sincere expressions becuase
----  I already know you are (an Axl fan/a Slash fan)."----

I'm not biased, I can look at things objectively, & i dont have to choose some stupid side. We arent there to know the whole story, whats the point of choosing sides. I like Axl's voice & his abilities, just like I like VR's abilities, & I'm not going to be immature & stupid & just choose 1 over the other just because neither side get along anymore

Besides I see what happens with my own eyes & be the judge. The difference between a rational thinking person & an unrational thinking person is that we can look at things objectively, because we are not biased. You (& the handful of Axl devotee's) have a bias (you've admitted yours already).

You are one confused individual.  You say you are objective.  
Then you say we weren't there so we don't know the whole story...
Then you say that you see what happens with your own eyes and therefore can 'be the judge'.

You say you 'don't have to choose some stupid side'...   I can almost picture a small boy crossing his arms in front of him, head down, pouting with tears rolling down his rosy little cheeks.  "I don't HAVE to choose some STUPID side!" he proclaims as he stamps his foot down.

So you do recognize there are sides then, eh?  You should because whether you meant to or not you have chosen a side.  Dont' believe me.  Watch in amazement as I demonstrate.

I can look at things objectively. See if Slash or Duff got on the mic & demanded a fan be kicked out for simply taking a few harmless pictures, or if they no-showed & caused 4 riots, I'd say to hell with Slash or/& Duff as people

From this statement we can deduce that you have said "To hell with Axl as a person".

But with you (& a few others here) If Axl does something, you always give him the benefit of the doubt or turn a blind eye to his actions. But if Slash or Duff did the same thing, you dont give them the benefit of the doubt & you presume things.

Lets get something straight.  This thread is about actions that Slash and Duff have taken.  Not Axl.  So you should address the things that you feel Axl has done in a civil manner in a thread pertaining to that.  Not turn try to turn this thread into an anti-Axl thread by making make all these generalizations and assumptions about me (and whichever others you refer to).  You are the one in this thread turning a blind eye.  Blind eye! Ha! Someone who posts how he didn't even read the posts he is replying to should not use the expression "Blind Eye"!  hihi

anyhow, I digress.. back to my demonstration...

The fact of the matter is they havent done anything wrong at all except help make music that was great for all of us.

so who is this "they" you refer to that hasn't done 'anything wrong at all'?

This becomes clear as you continue....
note in the parts that i underline and otherwise highlight...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 11:31:39 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2004, 11:28:26 AM »

No matter what Axl does, I will always give him credit for the musician & showman he once was, just as I do for Slash & Duff.

SO YOU DON'T THINK IS ANYORE.. .INTERESTING

But unlike Slash & Duff,  Axl's problems are well documented & we've even seen them for ourselfs, we have seen his actions & heard his words,
when you guys bring up something about Slash or Duff its usually rumor or theories, Axl's actions & words are fact

We have seen or heard Axl:
* Kick FANS (yes fans like you & me) out of a concert they paid good money for over a few stupid pics. Its not like Axl hasnt been photographed before.
* Cancel or No Show concerts at the very last minute or walk out of concerts early, which in turn caused riots, which a though cant be entirely blamed on Axl, but they could've been avoided if Axl furfilled his commitments & cared about his fans. If he cared about his fans, he would've cared enough to play a full concert & give the people there money's worth rather than calling off a concert 1/3 into the set.

& Thats just a few things we've seen with out own eyes from Axl.
What have Slash & Duff done to the fans? Nothing, which is why i dont get the hate & bias against them from yourself & the likes of yourself (Axl devotee's)

Those are the same things you mentioned above...
*sigh*
First of all if you want to discuss St. Louis or Montreal or Vancouver or Philly you should do so in a separate thread.  I will not respond here because its going way off topic and would be rather lengthy.  I will say that unlike you stated above - these events have not caused me to write Axl off as a person...  BUT ITS EVIDENT THAT YOU HAVE.. You said so yourself.  You said and I quote... "if Slash or Duff got on the mic & demanded a fan be kicked out for simply taking a few harmless pictures, or if they no-showed & caused 4 riots, I'd say to hell with Slash or/& Duff as people"
so you have done so with Axl... yet claim to be objective.

I dont even have any hate towards Axl even considering all his actions (I know there not all his fault & that he suffers from manic depression), I'm a fan of his music, just as i am of Slash Duff & any former Gunner (from the original Guns of course), why do you feel to take sides, why so much hate for them what have they done to you

You keep talking about not taking sides.  Yet the only way you can rationalize being a fan of Axl's is that you like his music.  

You point out all these horrible things you say Axl has done to his fans - things you say show that he doesn't care about his fans.  Then you say you don't hate him cuz you know its not all his fault and that he's manic/depressive.  So do you believe he cares or not? Or do you believe his some asshole who just wants to throw out fans from shows for no good reason and who wants to cause riots?  To hell with Axl or not?
What do you believe?  
You dont' seem to know what you believe.  no

Well, I do.. and for this you want to condemn me?
For this you want to mock me?
You do not understand it?  If not.. okay then... like I said its a personal thing.  If you could understand it; however, you would understand why I am hurt, angry, and dissapointed in Slash and Duff's actions.

Agghhh damn look i've rambled on & wasted enough time on this, we all know that it will never change, that you will continue to live in your dream world that Axl is holyier than thou, that CD is around the corner from being released, that everybody outside of the GNR fan base knows, anticipates & cares about what Axl's been doing for the past decade, that CD is gonna sell 30 million copies & Axl's going to be a big star again.

Yeah, its a real dream.  Every GN'R fan has been living a fucking dream for the past decade.  Its peachy i tell ya. Roll Eyes  

Even some of the biggest GNR fans have lost all hope of that happening (including myself, who in 2002 actually still had hope of that happening),

Hm... so you don't believe anymore.  And misery loves company, eh?
Its clear that you have some issues..
bitter, dissapointed, jaded, etc....
Its not uncommon in the GN'R world
These symptoms usually include an urge to bash Axl fans and those who are deemed "stupid enough to still believe in Axl and the new band"

but hey, you continue to believe whatever you want,

Again with the giving me permission to believe what i want...?  
C'mon dude.

just stop putting out theories & propaganda out there

No I will not stop saying what I believe and what I think and what I feel!  
Ha! What are you worried about?  That others may believe it also.
Whats it to you?
Anyway, I thought you said you didn't read what i posted!  hihi

like you know for 100% that Slash & Duff are evil & out for Axl's blood

Like I know?  How can you use the words "theories" and "propaganda" and then say I've presented that I "know"?  
I KNOW how to read.  I KNOW what they are asking for in that law suit.
The facts of what the lawsuit asks for is INDISPUTABLE... its fact.
They are claiming criminal intent on Axl's part.  READ IT.  They claim "FRAUD" "MALICE" & "INTENT".  

and finally..

(even thou Axl's done the same thing to them ever since they left "Axl's GNR")

ahahahah!  you say you haven't picked sides but I can't help but wonder if you aren't full of it!
First off I love how you quote the fucking suit ... "Axl's GN'R"....  

what you just said reveals so much on so many different levels!

You want to condem me for what you call "making out that Slash and Duff are out for Axl's bloold"
and then you turn around and yourself claim that
Axl in fact has 'done the same thing to them ever since (they parted ways).'

How's that?

How can you say I am wrong for saying Slash and Duff are doing something and then turn right around and say  (in parenthesis no less!)  Axl is doing/has been doing the same something. ?

what happened to 'we weren't there'?!
Its fucking hilarious.
Its just so riduculous.
Even if you never read this either (lol!)
I'm sure others will enjoy the humourous display of denial.

ok

pssst...  someone tell eNgleS that his bias is showing  hihi
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 11:34:00 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2004, 01:14:06 PM »

These posts make me woner whats wrong with us GNR fans. Aswell as being obsessed it seems some of us are getting senile too

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: