Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:48:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FAKE: I met Axl yesterday in Argentina
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAKE: I met Axl yesterday in Argentina  (Read 61905 times)
badapple81
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2004, 08:11:30 AM »

I wish I had as much free time as some of the people here!  hihi
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2004, 10:25:27 AM »

Do you know what? Sometimes I don't know why some of you are here.

When you are a true fan of someone or something, you're supposed to get excited about this sort of thing.

It's perfectly understandable for anyone who is a fan of GNR or Axl to want to know if this story is true.

What happened to being die hard Guns N' Roses fans. If I was there checking if Axl has been around, I wouldn't give a shit what you people who say it's stupid had to say.

I guarantee one thing tho, it's the sort of people who do this who are the sort of people that wait after concerts to meet their heros, and make extra efforts to meet members of the band and then tell us the stories of how they met Axl, or other band members. And I say they should be applauded for being true fans.  beer beer beer

Cheers to you all out there  beer beer ok ok

@#$%Muther
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #202 on: June 16, 2004, 11:41:19 AM »

I wish I had as much free time as some of the people here!  hihi
Yeah, sure. We can see this in your # of posts...  hihi
I agree with you, Mutherfunker. It's not about just know what Axl eat, it's a search for any news related with our favourite band/artist. We're fans and we're hungry for any kind of news about CD and GNR.  ok

tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #203 on: June 16, 2004, 01:28:50 PM »

I agree with St. Heathen... calling a restaurant to find out if Axl is there is very pathetic (unless you are 13). Mostly when you know they are never going to give you that kind of info.

Muthefunker: being a stalker doesn't make you a better fan. In fact, I believe people who go seeking their fav rock stars everywhere are just no life people. And I know, for sure, most famous people hate stalkers.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 01:29:44 PM by Boo Hoo » Logged
bill213
« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2004, 01:34:38 PM »

Yeah for real.......there's a level of extremity I think that was breached when all those calls poured into that resturant or the time GNR were rumored to play at that bar in San Diego back in like 01 and everyone called and kept trying to confirm it......if the rumors are true then they'll present themselves.  I can't see people spending money to stalk down axl from a tip they recieved on a message board from someone with 1 post. But stalkers need to work too I guess.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2004, 02:18:31 PM »

Muthefunker: being a stalker doesn't make you a better fan. In fact, I believe people who go seeking their fav rock stars everywhere are just no life people. And I know, for sure, most famous people hate stalkers.

I'd like to know exactly where I said being a stalker makes you a better fan?

What I was saying is some people go to a concert and then leave after. Others hang around afterwards, sometimes for an hour or two so they can meet their heroes and get an autograph. I applaude their effort to meet their heros.

There is nothing wrong with that just as there is nothing wrong with making a phone call which takes one minute, or checking hotels when they are in your town. It's not for you to decide if someone is pathetic for making a phone call and it certainly isn't extreme as Bildo put it. Afterall it only takes a minute, it's not some obssesion.  Roll Eyes Nobody has caught a plane and travelled miles to track Axl down. They were just trying to verify a story: They haven't hurt anyone, there's nothing wrong with it, and if they want to do it, leave them alone is all.

@#$%Muther
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2004, 03:19:50 AM »

this is a straight guote from mygnrforum from madison. here is what it says:

I heard back from Axl's manager (Merck) tonight, and he said "Axl has not been to Argentina recently." So, I guess our friend was fooled by someone who looked like him. .. Sorry Ivan.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2004, 03:35:11 AM »

I heard back from Axl's manager (Merck) tonight, and he said "Axl has not been to Argentina recently." So, I guess our friend was fooled by someone who looked like him. .. Sorry Ivan.

in some extents, this is also a rumor  nervous nervous nervous
 Grin

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #208 on: June 17, 2004, 04:24:59 AM »

When you are a true fan of someone or something, you're supposed to get excited about this sort of thing.

It's perfectly understandable for anyone who is a fan of GNR or Axl to want to know if this story is true.

What happened to being die hard Guns N' Roses fans. If I was there checking if Axl has been around, I wouldn't give a shit what you people who say it's stupid had to say.

I guarantee one thing tho, it's the sort of people who do this who are the sort of people that wait after concerts to meet their heros, and make extra efforts to meet members of the band and then tell us the stories of how they met Axl, or other band members. And I say they should be applauded for being true fans.  beer beer beer

@#$%Muther

dude normally i agree with u on most stuff, but it is pathetic and fuckin stupid

AXL ROSE IS A GOD DAMN HUMAN BEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think true fans give the man his privacy and honor his right to live life and not pester and bug the fuck out of him

i was 5 feet from prince after the concert i went to

i didnt scream and mob him, i smiled and waved, he nodded and smiled back

im sure he appreciates being treated like a human sometimes and not like God

calling a restaurant is stupid

i can see meeting axl and asking stupid questions
even if axl was there dont mean shit, whose to say he was there when this guy says he was?

whose to say axl answered any of those questions?

when one rumor, just one i dont care which one, if any of these hundreds of bull fuckin raoxlse bastards rumors ever came true id be less cynical

what happened when people flooded like las vegas bar with questions? did we get any answers after he played tracks there?

has any rumor ever disclosed fruitful info?

u know what the people at the restaurant are saying when these idiots call bugging them?

they dont say "holy shit, hardcore gnr fans groovy great"

they say these fuckin people are insane and morons or probably something to that effect

leave axl alone

when he has info to disclose he will disclose it himself

not a bandmember, not mysteron, not management, not jarmo not a 1 post wonder on the board, not a waiter in a coffeehouse, not old gnr members

AXL!

till then everything else is bullshit

because so far 100 percent of everything since ive been on this board has been just that!

bullshit!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #209 on: June 17, 2004, 04:46:37 AM »

not a bandmember, not mysteron, not management, not jarmo not a 1 post wonder on the board, not a waiter in a coffeehouse, not old gnr members

aaahhh... you don't wanna piss him off, do you?  nervous

badapple81
« Reply #210 on: June 17, 2004, 04:54:24 AM »

@#$%Muther

Hey man! Relax! I was just playing around! I find it very cool that there are people here that love GN'R like I do so much.

Why dont I get excited about this kinda thing? Cos we hear some stupid rumour every week!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 04:57:05 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #211 on: June 17, 2004, 06:18:34 AM »

@#$%Muther

dude normally i agree with u on most stuff, but it is pathetic and fuckin stupid

AXL ROSE IS A GOD DAMN HUMAN BEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think true fans give the man his privacy and honor his right to live life and not pester and bug the fuck out of him

i was 5 feet from prince after the concert i went to

i didnt scream and mob him, i smiled and waved, he nodded and smiled back

im sure he appreciates being treated like a human sometimes and not like God

calling a restaurant is stupid

i can see meeting axl and asking stupid questions
even if axl was there dont mean shit, whose to say he was there when this guy says he was?

whose to say axl answered any of those questions?

when one rumor, just one i dont care which one, if any of these hundreds of bull fuckin raoxlse bastards rumors ever came true id be less cynical

what happened when people flooded like las vegas bar with questions? did we get any answers after he played tracks there?

has any rumor ever disclosed fruitful info?

u know what the people at the restaurant are saying when these idiots call bugging them?

they dont say "holy shit, hardcore gnr fans groovy great"

they say these fuckin people are insane and morons or probably something to that effect

leave axl alone

when he has info to disclose he will disclose it himself

AXL!

till then everything else is bullshit

because so far 100 percent of everything since ive been on this board has been just that!

bullshit!

Whoa there, I think everyone is taking my comments a little wrong.

I know what you're saying D, fuck, I'd be pissed off if I thought people were pestering Axl left right and centre. He should be allowed his privacy and peace.

I'm not saying people should pester anyone or scream like little girls when they see them. I'm just on about reasonable stuff. I thought a phone call was reasonable is all when we're curious about the possibility of info on CD.

I also think it's reasonable to wait around after a show (let me clarify that I've never actually done this) to get an autograph. This sort of thing is expected and the band members can ignore those people or talk to them.

There is a fine line between being a very eager fan and an obsessive idiot. The eager fans are fine as long as they don't go too far, pestering someone, causing harm, etc

@#$%Muther
thecrippled
Opening Act

« Reply #212 on: June 17, 2004, 06:25:35 AM »

I would like to believe but I have my doubts... smoking
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #213 on: June 17, 2004, 07:32:58 AM »

my fault mutherfunker, that wasnt meant to sound so heated

that was sort of a rant about people on this board who say "why is axl in argentina" like he is suppose to be in the studio 24/7, he is human im sure he takes vacations! and yeah one phone call to research something, yeah i can see where thats ok

stickin around after a show, oh no doubt! i waited outside the afterparty club and saw prince at 3am so that is way cool

i just try to consider the artists feelings and respect their privacy

when they are in concert or at a public appearance etc  i think its more than ok to even stalk them

this little groupie girl at the prince concert went a little over board and she obviously knows jack shit about prince cause he is married and that part of his life is way past

but i think if they are eating or just out on their own time people should leave em alone

if i saw axl in a restaurant id probably wave  at him and keep walking, just like i did with prince, yeah i probably shouldve tried to shake his hand or what have u but i figured u know, im gonna just wave like it was a friend

and prince smiling and nodding back was awesome!

why would jarmo get mad at that?

in short i was saying no one knows anything but axl thats why im telling people to not believe rumors
i mean jarmo or anyone else isnt gonna get the info, so if jarmo doesnt know and doesnt post in out there on that main news part  DONT BELIEVE IT!

i saw so many people drink the kool aide of so many bullshitters on here

dont wanna get fooled? its very simple

dont believe anyone but the record label or axl and even then take it with a grain of salt!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 07:37:19 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2004, 04:51:11 PM »

I'd like to know exactly where I said being a stalker makes you a better fan?

well..... you said something like you don't understand why some fans don't get excited with things like this and you praised everyone who waits for an autograph after a concert, etc, etc... like that makes you a better fan. I'm sorry, but it sounded like that....

There is nothing wrong with that just as there is nothing wrong with making a phone call which takes one minute, or checking hotels when they are in your town.

Of course there's something wrong with it. You're not the only fan with stalker tendencies who thinks this way. You may think your unique call will do no harm but you have forgotten to add up the other 100 calls from fans like you who also thought they are not going to do any harm either. That's when you have a problem because you end up bothering a whole restaurant with people working in it. Imagine you were working at a place where people can't take a 5 minutes break at all, and above all that you have to answer 100 calls from people who have nothing better to do than bother others? Im sure you'd be very pissed off...

It's not for you to decide if someone is pathetic for making a phone call and it certainly isn't extreme as Bildo put it. Afterall it only takes a minute, it's not some obssesion.  Roll Eyes Nobody has caught a plane and travelled miles to track Axl down. They were just trying to verify a story: They haven't hurt anyone, there's nothing wrong with it, and if they want to do it, leave them alone is all.

Im not making any decisions here. Im positive about the pathetic behavior of certain people and that's it. I would like to know what you win with knowing if Axl was here or there.... do you expect these people to put him on the phone or something? or do you just want to confirm this rumour so you can fly to the restaurant and spy him through the window?

Dont you think Axl must feel like a monkey being observed in the ZOO? I'd definitely feel like that and Im sure it sucks.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #215 on: June 17, 2004, 09:25:45 PM »

First of all Axl knows nothing of this and nobody was trying to get hold of Axl. They just wanted confirmation he was there. So what the fuck has Axl being observed like a monkey got to do with anything?

I would like to know what you win with knowing if Axl was here or there.... do you expect these people to put him on the phone or something? or do you just want to confirm this rumour so you can fly to the restaurant and spy him through the window?

Do you actually read threads before you start typing crap? For Christs's sake - nobody wants to speak to him, nobody wants to see him, nobody wants to spy on him.

What would anyone win? The possibility of some info on CD actually being true. That's all.

Your whole post is made to look ridiculous by the fact that you just make stuff up as you go along:

you said something like you don't understand why some fans don't get excited with things like this and you praised everyone who waits for an autograph after a concert, etc, etc... like that makes you a better fan. I'm sorry, but it sounded like that....

So that makes a fan a stalker? Riiiggghhtttt   Roll Eyes

You may think your unique call will do no harm but you have forgotten to add up the other 100 calls from fans like you who also thought they are not going to do any harm either

I never made any calls, and I don't see 100 people here claiming to have done so either.

do you expect these people to put him on the phone or something? or do you just want to confirm this rumour so you can fly to the restaurant and spy him through the window?

Where do you get this from? Phone call = all the above?  Roll Eyes

Dont you think Axl must feel like a monkey being observed in the ZOO? I'd definitely feel like that and Im sure it sucks

Right, a phone call which Axl doesn't know about to a restaurant he may not have even been to - my God, I bet he's quaking in his boots, and feels so stifled from all the pestering.

Imagine you were working at a place where people can't take a 5 minutes break at all, and above all that you have to answer 100 calls from people who have nothing better to do than bother others? Im sure you'd be very pissed off...

Now that's a valid point. I certainly don't advocate loads of people phoning a restaurant to find this out and causing those people problems. That's very unfair. However, if one person made a call to verify something a few want to know about, then there is no problem is there?

You see, like I pointed out before, there is a line. Lots of people being idiots, pestering people, bothering them, stalking, is ridiculous, and I'm sure there are some of those people here. However, one phone call from one person to check something as an isolated matter (much like any journalist verifying a story) is not beyond that line, and neither is waiting for an autograph after a concert.

That last paragraph is all I was saying, please don't manipulate it and add your own fiction to it.

@#$%Muther

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2004, 02:29:10 PM »

Has any evidence actually emerged to substantiate this shit?

Isn't it about time this thread was sent to the place all the other pranks go?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2004, 02:45:36 PM »

Indeed.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2004, 05:17:18 PM »

Has any evidence actually emerged to substantiate this shit?

Isn't it about time this thread was sent to the place all the other pranks go?

it hasnt been proven true.. but it hasnt been proven false either..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2004, 05:50:06 PM »

Does this prove it false?

Thanks John Daniels and Madison, Javier and Jenny for making moves while others were sitting back bitching.  ok
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: