Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:49:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month  (Read 62894 times)
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »

I translated with an on-line software, so there are some errors...

On Saturday, the opportunity resulted 3 December, to meet Richard after Nena concert. It took itself before the hotel time for us around our photos to mark briefly. Nachem we saw that Richard marked some thing with "lake you soon" and/or with "lake you in ' 06", came we also on Chinese Democracy to speak.

To still make it will to the Nena route, back to Los Angeles fly around a few photographs for the album. The work on the album continues thus. Richard made however a obviously positive impression on us, which concerned Guns N ' Roses - so that we assume we will hold "soon" the probably most expensive album of the world in the hand nevertheless.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Evolution
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2005, 06:34:11 PM »

Hey hey. Artwork!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2005, 06:34:25 PM »

...back to Los Angeles fly around a few photographs for the album.

hmm...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2005, 06:38:31 PM »

who thinks that Axl heard about Richard talking to fans and answering some questions by email and called him to come to the studio to "record some guitars"Huh?

(Axl: "- Guess what? you?re fired !!! )

Evolution
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2005, 06:39:52 PM »

Hopefully not hihi

Fortus is the kinda guy who will do the majority of TRL and chat show type appearances. He sounds a likeable, chatty guy.
conny
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2005, 06:41:25 PM »

this sounds pretty cool, how credible is this information though?

gunsnrosesonline.de is very credible, Marcel is cool, no bullshitter.

Here's a translation:

On Saturday, December 3rd, we had the opportunity to meet Richard after the Nena concert. He took some time to sign pictures for us in front of the hotel. After we saw that he was signing some items with "see you soon" and "see you in 2006", we came to speak about Chinese Democracy.

After the tour with Nena, he will go back to Los Angeles to make some recordings for the album. The work on the album continues. Richard himself seemed very confident about GN'R, so we assume that we will be holding the most expensive album in the world in our hands "soon".
conny
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2005, 06:43:32 PM »

hmm...

That's not the correct translation of the german word "Aufnahmen", wich can mean 'recordings' AND 'photographs', but in this context means recordings only - not photographs.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2005, 06:46:05 PM »

hmm...

That's not the correct translation of the german word "Aufnahmen", wich can mean 'recordings' AND 'photographs', but in this context means recordings only - not photographs.

thank you very much

morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »

well no cd by '06. But this is still SOME fucking news. and it proves that '02 wasn't the last time they worked on the album. Its gonna rock. Also.. this clears up my worrys that the album wouldn't sound "modern" enough.. it will.

I bet it is buckets parts being re-recorded... =(. O well. I guess hes just no longer a member. Right thing to do.

Personally.. I dig Axl's perfectionism. I know were all fucking annoyed with the wait. but its gonna be worth it. A fucking classic.. and we'll be the first people in on it.

gnrevolution.com
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2005, 07:47:37 PM »

Thanks for the translation, conny. ok

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2005, 08:02:17 PM »

However, Geffen (US), Polydor (UK), Sanctuary and members of GN'R have told Splat that the Amazon information is incorrect and totally baseless.
Cool.. So, Splat can talk to all those people, including band members...
At the same time, they don't give a shit about the big media and didn't deny the amazon stuff in a official statement yet. Roll Eyes

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2005, 08:05:14 PM »

At the same time, they don't give a shit about the big media and didn't deny the amazon stuff in a official statement yet. Roll Eyes

well, they never made any official statements since the BH departure  Roll Eyes

however, it's proven that they are in contact with Merck (Merck's assistant confirmed it answering the mail of a friend of mine), and they are also in contact with Fortus, Mantia and Reed.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2005, 08:10:59 PM »

I wonder if any of the guys have said to Axl that enough is enough and it's time to stop the madness.

*cough*..Buckethead.. hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2005, 08:13:36 PM »

I wonder if any of the guys have said to Axl that enough is enough and it's time to stop the madness.

*cough*..Buckethead.. hihi

that one cracked me up!  rofl

gnrevolution.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2005, 08:16:53 PM »

For me it's an EXELLENT news! I know it may delay the album but if it's for more Fortus guitar playing on the album, so I say yes.
I hope he will re-record and/or re-write the Buckethead's parts. Richard Fortus is one of the greatest guitarist?in the world.

Axl, you took the right decision? ok

Yeah his playing on Bye Bye Bye and Tearin up my heart is some of the greatest licks since Jimi Hendrix.

Fuck John Frusiciante and his masterpieces, have u heard the amazing stuff Fortus has recorded!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2005, 08:37:39 PM »

You can take this news in a few ways, I guess

1) It's good---because at least we know the band is doing something together

2) It's bad---because it appears Amazon was supplied with bad info

3) It's good--because while CD is still in production, GH2 has also been shelved, meaning that Axl and Geffen might have come to an understanding about releasing CD in 2006.

Me? I'm probably closer to # 2 and 3. Because it means the band will probably be together in some capacity for a little while, and nobody will be going anywhere---and that GH2 was killed when it was clearly coming probably means some deal has been struck. time will tell as always. also---i hope (probably in vain) that people dont start the shit storm against sp1at, Merck, Axl, etc....if the Amazon thing was/is inaacurate-then that's on the retailer, not them.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2005, 08:46:56 PM »

Honestly, if this thing is still being recorded then don't expect to see it in the shops for at least another 8 months.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2005, 08:57:33 PM »

Honestly, if this thing is still being recorded then don't expect to see it in the shops for at least another 8 months.

You and all the others who say that this will delay the album are flat out wrong!  First of all, there is not delaying an album that has no release date.  And secondly, he said that he was going back to do "some" recording.  Richard could be done with this in as little as a month.  I'm not saying this is the case, but there's no need to think that the album won't be out until late o6' or 07' just because Richard is doing some recording.  Shit, for all we know, the recording could be done in a week. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2005, 09:16:57 PM »

I don't get this.

Ross Halfin mentioned in his diary that Merck told him that the album is done.

I understand that Marcel wouldn't lie, but it just seems a bit scary to me...

What if the album is done and they wanna keep it a secret so it won't leak? What if he's going back for promo work (photography, press and all that shit?)....

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2005, 09:20:04 PM »

Im glad Richard waited to the end of 05 to do some recording.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: