Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:02:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month  (Read 62886 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2005, 08:49:34 PM »

Oopps.. NEVERMIND. Somebody working on the film liked it.. the director "didn't see how cool it was"... so.. I guess thats the same as "it sucks i dont want it"

hmm.. intresting.

gnrevolution.com
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #261 on: December 09, 2005, 01:12:03 AM »

can u post that article or quotes?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #262 on: December 09, 2005, 01:24:41 AM »

I understand that sp1at is a bad source.. and I coulda sworn I had seen it in this site.. but.. yes... this is all i could find.. (and i looked hard! no joke)

The following report was issued by Gigger at Sp1at.com:

After a week of investigating Sp1at.com can exclusively reveal that the unreleased GUNS N' ROSES song "This I Love" was intended to feature in the 1998 film "What Dreams May Come".

Sp1at was originally alerted to the connection between Axl Rose and the film when Dave Dominguez, a producer on the "Chinese Democracy" album in the late '90s, told Sp1at that the song was intended for "some Robin Williams film." Sp1at's intrepid reporter followed this up and soon contacted the office of Dawn Soler, the musical supervisor for the film "What Dreams May Come".

Speaking exclusively to Sp1at on the subject, Dawn Soler said, "Oh, boy, that was a long time ago," and admitted she was unable to recollect how the oppourtunity to work with Axl Rose came along in the first place. She did assure Sp1at that Axl was "really into the film" and even suggested that he "wrote the song for it." However, Sp1at does not believe this to be the case as the song was originally mentioned in 1994 by Axl Rose himself when he described "This I Love" as "the heaviest thing I've ever done." Fans of the band have often speculated that the song was about Dylan, the son of Axl's ex-girlfriend Stephanie Seymour.

As it turned out, the song did not make the final cut of the film, although Dawn Soler insists it was not down to her. She said, "The director was a pill and didn't get how cool it would be." Sp1at has contacted the agent of Vincent Ward, the "pill" of a director, on the issue but they have yet to reply.

Sp1at went back to Dominguez to see if he had any further comments on the song and he went on to say that "it was definitely a love song...very heartfelt, it would have fit perfectly with 'What Dreams May Come'," before adding that the song was "five minutes or more" in length.

It is unlikely that the song remains in the same form as it did in 1998. Howard Karp, who worked on the song in 2000, told Sp1at that it was just him and Axl in the studio at the time and that the song was a "simple, piano ballad." It is also known that Bryan "Brain" Mantia has recorded on the song since joining the band in 2001.

Whether we'll ever get to hear the song "This I Love" is debateable. GUNS N' ROSES' "Chinese Democracy" album has been in the works for around seven years but is at present set for a "mid-year release," according to an industry source. However had Mr. Ward followed the advice of Dawn Soler, then "This I Love" would be a seven-year-old track rather than another myth in the world of GUNS N' ROSES.

Source : www.sp1at.com

gnrevolution.com
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #263 on: December 09, 2005, 05:15:52 AM »

That doesn't sound too negative a response too me. Just that the director was a 'Pill' whatever that means

Here today...ready to rock
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: December 09, 2005, 05:31:12 AM »

you know what i dont even give a fuck anymore!!!!!  :rant:CD will come out when it does VR will have another record out hell even that fuck up Adler could have an album out by then and if that does happen(adler new record) that will be a sad sad day in the world of GNR no and honestly if sanctuary and geffen were smart they whould put out anything and everything not out yet they would make a killing and axl would go into hiding again.........axl has a real problem......he does not give a fuck about the fans nor anyone else except axl and it has always been that way and it always be that way one of the reasons slash and everyone left and fuck most of you know that   so i will belive CD when its in my fucking hands intill that day happens i could careless. 

It Tastes Good Don't It?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #265 on: December 09, 2005, 06:47:46 AM »

All this talk about Silkworms makes me feel that I'm the only one here that likes that tune rofl.? The lyrics are just venomous, and with that slow hook at the end, i think it's a badass song myself.

you`re not alone beer

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #266 on: December 09, 2005, 07:14:48 AM »

Nono.. lol. I mean.. the comment about CD only having like 3 songs that were decent

"To this day, really good songwriters that are ready to finish an album call me up and go, `Do you have Bob Ezrin's number?' He did it with Jane's Addiction. He did it with The Darkness. He did it with Guns 'n' Roses. I know Axl (Rose, the lead vocalist of G 'n' R) called him up and said, `I want you to listen to (the still-unfinished CD) ``Chinese Democracy'' and tell me what I've got (that's good).' Bob listened to it and said, `Three songs.' This is after seven years (of songwriting). Bob's not going to be a yes man. He's going to go in there and tell you how many (decent) songs you actually have... "

http://www.kingcountyjournal.com/sited/story/html/175858

I think Ezrin made that comment in mid/late 2000, as he was hired by Axl that year.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: December 09, 2005, 08:10:19 AM »

Nono.. lol. I mean.. the comment about CD only having like 3 songs that were decent

"To this day, really good songwriters that are ready to finish an album call me up and go, `Do you have Bob Ezrin's number?' He did it with Jane's Addiction. He did it with The Darkness. He did it with Guns 'n' Roses. I know Axl (Rose, the lead vocalist of G 'n' R) called him up and said, `I want you to listen to (the still-unfinished CD) ``Chinese Democracy'' and tell me what I've got (that's good).' Bob listened to it and said, `Three songs.' This is after seven years (of songwriting). Bob's not going to be a yes man. He's going to go in there and tell you how many (decent) songs you actually have... "

I think Ezrin made that comment in mid/late 2000, as he was hired by Axl that year.

but that's a matter of taste, I mean... I've heard  5 songs that I love, Chidem, madagascar, the blues, IRS and Rhiad....

MAYBE if THIS IDIOTIC MAN had said the album was great - maybe it was we'll never know- then MAYBE axl would have released it by now.....AND MAYBE I WOULD HAVE LOVED IT the way it was..

now..Bob Ezrin...where is that motherfucker,
I happen to think the darkness sucks donkey shlongs and jane's addiction is nothing special....if he thought those albums had good songs then by that rational CHIDEM WAS AWESOME, the fuckin idiot has bad taste, that's all... Lips Sealed Angry

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Megaguns
« Reply #268 on: December 09, 2005, 08:17:38 AM »

im still hopeful that some day we will see CD, Fortus is cool, but if he is going in to record now........ well........... something is more wrong than we thought. im starting to think that axl is a numbskull who needs to get his shit sorted.......badly
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2005, 08:50:00 AM »

but that's a matter of taste, I mean... I've heard  5 songs that I love, Chidem, madagascar, the blues, IRS and Rhiad....

MAYBE if THIS IDIOTIC MAN had said the album was great - maybe it was we'll never know- then MAYBE axl would have released it by now.....AND MAYBE I WOULD HAVE LOVED IT the way it was..

I happen to think the darkness sucks donkey shlongs and jane's addiction is nothing special....if he thought those albums had good songs then by that rational CHIDEM WAS AWESOME, the fuckin idiot has bad taste, that's all...

Bob Ezrin's track record speaks for itself, I think. If were going to have my music properly critiqued I would probably take it to him, too. Unfortunately Axl doesn't seem to play with people that don't share his views on things. It's a bit ignorant to put it off as 'oh Ezrin has bad taste', he's a producer, and a damn good one which makes him a hell of a lot more qualified to make a call on whether or not something is good than you. But maybe you're right. He should have just kissed Axl's ass and said it was awesome and let him release a sub-par album.  Roll Eyes

Maybe it really wasn't ready and even though Axl might have gone back to the drawing board maybe we'll be better off having a better album as a result. Ezrin is hardly a fuckin idiot, and the fact that you think Jane's Addiction is nothing special gives me no reason to take your opinion on music seriously. You know that Axl was a huge Jane's fan right? I don't remember the exact quote but I remember reading something from Axl about how he had Jane's demo tape around the time GnR were getting signed and he was telling everyone that they needed to sign this band Jane's Addiction. I wish I knew where I read that...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2005, 09:53:37 AM »

Bob Ezrin's track record speaks for itself, I think. If were going to have my music properly critiqued I would probably take it to him, too. Unfortunately Axl doesn't seem to play with people that don't share his views on things. It's a bit ignorant to put it off as 'oh Ezrin has bad taste', he's a producer, and a damn good one which makes him a hell of a lot more qualified to make a call on whether or not something is good than you. But maybe you're right. He should have just kissed Axl's ass and said it was awesome and let him release a sub-par album.? Roll Eyes

Maybe it really wasn't ready and even though Axl might have gone back to the drawing board maybe we'll be better off having a better album as a result. Ezrin is hardly a fuckin idiot, and the fact that you think Jane's Addiction is nothing special gives me no reason to take your opinion on music seriously. You know that Axl was a huge Jane's fan right? I don't remember the exact quote but I remember reading something from Axl about how he had Jane's demo tape around the time GnR were getting signed and he was telling everyone that they needed to sign this band Jane's Addiction. I wish I knew where I read that...

I dont care if Axl likes janes addiction; it further prooves my point that it's all a matter of taste; if you happen to think the darkness and janes addiction are great; its your right but dont think everybody's gonna like them like you do.. I stand by what I said; that guy's taste may be different from you and me; I checked up his work - impressive from a business point of vieuw; but from the musical point of view I clearly dont agree with him, and probably many others think like me. Subpar album ? maybe for him,  a lot of people view the illusions as crap compared to afd; I happen to like them more than AFD; subpar for him may be great for me.

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2005, 10:53:33 AM »

Can we bare in mind that Ezrin's comment was made nearly six years ago.

Also, remember what Merck told Ross Halfin - that much of the record were epic, challenging songs - perhaps Ezrin was only listening out for potential hot singles...?

Regardless - I don't think someone's comments about an unfinished album are still relevant six years later. It could be a completely different record right now. Who knows.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #272 on: December 09, 2005, 11:54:13 AM »

but that's a matter of taste, I mean... I've heard? 5 songs that I love, Chidem, madagascar, the blues, IRS and Rhiad....

I happen to think the darkness sucks donkey shlongs and jane's addiction is nothing special....if he thought those albums had good songs then by that rational CHIDEM WAS AWESOME, the fuckin idiot has bad taste, that's all... Lips Sealed Angry

Blame Ezrin, blame Slash, blame everyone but Axl. You haven't realized that 6 (six) years gone since he made those comments. 6 (six) fuckin' years. If Ezrin's words made Lil Axl not release this album, for 6 (six) years, then Axl is an idiot and the album will never come out.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #273 on: December 09, 2005, 02:18:48 PM »

but that's a matter of taste, I mean... I've heard? 5 songs that I love, Chidem, madagascar, the blues, IRS and Rhiad....

Blame Ezrin, blame Slash, blame everyone but Axl. You haven't realized that 6 (six) years gone since he made those comments. 6 (six) fuckin' years. If Ezrin's words made Lil Axl not release this album, for 6 (six) years, then Axl is an idiot and the album will never come out.

you're right; but if axl is an indeed an idiot then I also blame ezrin  Grin

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2005, 07:03:20 PM »

One mans meat is another mans poison darkness or JA.....

Who is more idiotic?
either

An idiot who is slow in everything
Or
The other idiot who has waited for the slow one to finish the work for like 10 years(?), constantly beefing about everything the one does? And he doesn't even like the work of the slow one.

Common sense tells the latter has no one but himself to blame.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #275 on: December 10, 2005, 09:44:39 AM »

Who is more idiotic?
either

Or
The other idiot who has waited for the slow one to finish the work for like 10 years(?), constantly beefing about everything the one does? And he doesn't even like the work of the slow one.

Since you are as far from common sense as one can be, you shouldn't mention anything like 'common sense tells' you. If you hear voices then it's time to visit your doctor again.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2005, 12:51:35 PM »

Who is more idiotic?
either

Or

Since you are as far from common sense as one can be, you shouldn't mention anything like 'common sense tells' you. If you hear voices then it's time to visit your doctor again.

Again?
I've just seen the gp to have myself vaccinated against flu. rofl
My hearing is excellent thank you very much.

Quit your off topic follies or you'll be in trouble.  Angry

Back to the topic, this is anything but a bad news.
I'm thankful to Richard for updating us by replying to fan mails by hand but now I'd rather he will slow down a bit or use an auto tool as I think he won't have too much time in hand.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2005, 02:53:13 PM »

Just to come back on topic (I'm surprised Jarmo hasn't reacted yet to the fight over here, if it was me, he would have jumped on me like a crazy dog on drug within a second and screaming I would be the bad guy and telling me to stop it...anyway)... so to come back on topic, it would be cool to know if Richard is alone with Axl in studio or if there's other bandmembers with them... like a mini band reunion you see?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 03:00:04 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #278 on: December 10, 2005, 03:45:54 PM »

Wasnt Ezrin the guy who made that awful Kiss album?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #279 on: December 10, 2005, 03:53:36 PM »

Just to come back on topic (I'm surprised Jarmo hasn't reacted yet to the fight over here, if it was me, he would have jumped on me like a crazy dog on drug within a second and screaming I would be the bad guy and telling me to stop it...anyway)... so to come back on topic, it would be cool to know if Richard is alone with Axl in studio or if there's other bandmembers with them... like a mini band reunion you see?

Depends---if the whole band is back, it could mean another overhaul of the enitre album---if it really is just richard going in there, it would give more creedence to the idea that he's really just putting final touches on some tracks.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: