Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 12:42:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How many copies of Chinese Democracy will you buy / did you pre-order?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many copies of Chinese Democracy will you buy / did you pre-order?  (Read 67276 times)
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #360 on: May 25, 2009, 01:22:20 PM »

I needed another copy for the summer car, the Mazda Miata, and one for a girl who is an artist who is going to make me a super cool Axl rose necklace.
Your a great supporter Annie ok, look forward to seeing your neckace when finished, cool thing.. no one else will have this Cool.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #361 on: May 26, 2009, 08:01:44 AM »

Only 1 copy for me.

Even if there is a re-release with new art work, I don't personally see that as a worthwhile reason to buy additional copies. I almost bought the vinyl at a couple of stores, but each time the sleeves had some pretty nice dings and creases.

I have been in the market for a SHM-CD of both AFD, and Lies. If anyone has any info on these particular SHM-CDs (sound quality, best place for costs, etc.), I'd be interested to hear via PM.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #362 on: May 26, 2009, 10:38:19 AM »

I needed another copy for the summer car, the Mazda Miata, and one for a girl who is an artist who is going to make me a super cool Axl rose necklace.
Your a great supporter Annie ok, look forward to seeing your neckace when finished, cool thing.. no one else will have this Cool.

in deed. While some are busy claiming to be a 'real' fan on line, she appreciates the music and goes out to share the delight with others. yes actions speak louder than words.

annie please show the necklace to us when done. if you feel like, that is.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #363 on: May 26, 2009, 11:57:08 AM »

in deed. While some are busy claiming to be a 'real' fan on line, she appreciates the music and goes out to share the delight with others. yes actions speak louder than words.

Jeez ...  Roll Eyes

I didn't realize buying & distributing 30 copies of an album makes you that much more of a fan. I think most would think this type of scenario is just a tad extreme, or just outright mad. Especially, if you are a grown adult with real life responsibilities.

I'm glad Axl was finally able to release the album that he wanted, but I guess I just don't feel obligated to buy mass copies or promote it, especially considering those who did have that responsibility didn't care to do so.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #364 on: May 26, 2009, 12:01:03 PM »

In honor of the 6 month anniversary of the release date, I bought 3 more copies which brings my total to 33.
You're joking right?

i wonder if she got a thank you card from axl? no

i bought one-tried to get friends to listen to it but they had 0 interest
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #365 on: May 26, 2009, 12:06:46 PM »

Jeez ...  Roll Eyes

I didn't realize buying & distributing 30 copies of an album makes you that much more of a fan. I think most would think this type of scenario is just a tad extreme, or just outright mad. Especially, if you are a grown adult with real life responsibilities.

I'm glad Axl was finally able to release the album that he wanted, but I guess I just don't feel obligated to buy mass copies or promote it, especially considering those who did have that responsibility didn't care to do so.

yea and your pissing on people who like the Guns N' Roses of today calling them kiddies and illiterate makes you much more of a fan.  Roll Eyes
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #366 on: May 26, 2009, 12:21:22 PM »

yea and your pissing on people who like the Guns N' Roses of today calling them kiddies and illiterate makes you much more of a fan.  Roll Eyes

Great. Another left-field outburst based on nothing but one's own paranoia.

Umm ... why would I piss on a band that I personally like? And please, point out exactly where I did this. For the record, I only referred to YOU as a kiddie (with literacy issues - that I even suggested was likely due to country barriers) because you seem to enjoy attacking others with your childish nonsense for absolutely no reason. If there is a reason, you dont do a very good job of conveying what those reasons are through your typing.

For whatever twisted reason, you seem to think it's an act of 'disrespect' to suggest that you like or appreciate what the ex bandmembers have done / are doing. It appears that your misguided devotion only allows you to like what the current band is doing. If Axl feels a certain way about something, that dictates how you are going to feel. Sorry, not interested in this type of rubbish that proves absolutely nothing and leads to nowhere.

If your definition of "fandom" means that you are willing to buy 30 copies of something and pointlessly diss the ex-members (for no reason), by all means, have at it. Personally, I'll pass. Sorry if that means we won't be playing on the playground together.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #367 on: May 26, 2009, 12:35:12 PM »

i said you piss on people who like the gnr of today.
 never said it was an act of 'disrespect' to suggest that you like or appreciate what the ex bandmembers have done / are doing. 

I'm not responsible for your lack of comprehension.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #368 on: May 26, 2009, 12:36:21 PM »

Why don't you old band fans fuck off already from a thread that has nothing to do with the old band.

Don't worry, you got my attention now.

Not always a good thing.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:39:51 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #369 on: May 26, 2009, 12:48:52 PM »

In honor of the 6 month anniversary of the release date, I bought 3 more copies which brings my total to 33.
You're joking right?

i wonder if she got a thank you card from axl? no

i bought one-tried to get friends to listen to it but they had 0 interest

my dad always says choose your friends carefully.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #370 on: May 26, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »

Again, please show me where I've "pissed" on anybody for liking the GNR of today? And if I have, I must have "pissed" on myself in the process considering I am one of those fans.

I'm really starting to question your mental state. Are you really that much of a "real" fan or just a guy looking to stir some shit for no reason?

Why don't you old band fans fuck off already from a thread that has nothing to do with the old band.

Don't worry, you got my attention now.

Not always a good thing.

/jarmo

Not sure if this was directed at me, but if it was, I can't say that I was trying to get your attention. Jeez.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #371 on: May 26, 2009, 02:06:14 PM »

Of course you weren't, but you got it.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #372 on: May 26, 2009, 02:12:29 PM »

Of course you weren't, but you got it.

ok

/jarmo

I feel blessed. Thanks!   Cheesy

The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #373 on: May 26, 2009, 02:15:36 PM »

Well...as much as I love this band, I understand what -Rob- says. To me, buying 33 copies goes beyond fanhood. I feel that's, well, kinda extreme and borderline creepy  hihi

But then again, it's cool for the band and there will never be enough support for the Nu Guns from the fans.  ok

As a matter of fact, I will probably buy the collector's edition now that it's available for cheap and since CD has become my favourite album ever...
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #374 on: May 26, 2009, 02:29:04 PM »

Well...as much as I love this band, I understand what -Rob- says. To me, buying 33 copies goes beyond fanhood. I feel that's, well, kinda extreme and borderline creepy  hihi

And that's all I was trying to get at before being bamboozled for accidentally mentioning something that wasn't even the point.

I didn't buy more than 1 copy for myself. I didn't call into the radio stations requesting anything. I didn't preach the word on the street corner. And I don't bash those who didn't play on the album. But ...

I did attend multiple shows in 92, 2002, and 2006. If they ever tour again, I'll be sure to go and catch some of those shows too. I do own copies of all their albums, and I have bought in the ballpark of 7-10k worth of memorabilia throughout the years.

So, based on things I have and haven't done, I guess I would be considered a "semi-real" fan.  hihi
Annie
« Reply #375 on: May 26, 2009, 02:29:13 PM »

Well...as much as I love this band, I understand what -Rob- says. To me, buying 33 copies goes beyond fanhood. I feel that's, well, kinda extreme and borderline creepy  hihi

But then again, it's cool for the band and there will never be enough support for the Nu Guns from the fans.  ok

As a matter of fact, I will probably buy the collector's edition now that it's available for cheap and since CD has become my favourite album ever...
Can I help it if I have alot of friends that I want to share this great masterpiece with? It's not like I bought 3000.  I also gave out Hello Kitty Mac makeup to friends as well. I just want to add a little joy to the world, and support the economy. I've said before, in my world the thing I am most teased about is being a GNR fan. hihi
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 02:36:22 PM by Annie » Logged
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #376 on: May 26, 2009, 02:44:08 PM »

Can I help it if I have alot of friends that I want to share this great masterpiece with? It's not like I bought 3000. 

Don't sell yourself short.

You're probably alot closer than most people.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #377 on: May 26, 2009, 03:34:07 PM »

Again, please show me where I've "pissed" on anybody for liking the GNR of today? And if I have, I must have "pissed" on myself in the process considering I am one of those fans.

that's nice.   Roll Eyes even when Your 'have I mentioned that I prefer everything of old to GNR of today enough?' posting history is telling otherwise.

I'm really starting to question your mental state. Are you really that much of a "real" fan or just a guy looking to stir some shit for no reason?

Fuddy-duddy personal remarks again, as expected.

To me, buying 33 copies goes beyond fanhood. I feel that's, well, kinda extreme and borderline creepy  hihi

Not really as the fan is sorta killing two birds with it. The point is that she's never claimed herself to be a better fan than you or me or the band to owe her anything for that.  Integrity is there. Smiley

The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #378 on: May 26, 2009, 03:51:59 PM »

No, I know. I don't judge anybody anyway. The more Chinese Democracy sells, the better  Grin
I just don't get the logic behind having that much copies. However, giving copies of such a great album is a great thing to do. I would probably do it too if I had the funds.
It's having 30+ copies for yourself that I don't understand. I mean that's like making supplies, in case a nuclear war happens or something  hihi

Annie
« Reply #379 on: May 26, 2009, 06:06:29 PM »

No, I know. I don't judge anybody anyway. The more Chinese Democracy sells, the better  Grin
I just don't get the logic behind having that much copies. However, giving copies of such a great album is a great thing to do. I would probably do it too if I had the funds.
It's having 30+ copies for yourself that I don't understand. I mean that's like making supplies, in case a nuclear war happens or something  hihi

I only bought 3 for myself. One for each car and one for home. All the others were gifts. I spent less on all the CDs then the Hello Kitty Mac makeup. hihi
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: