Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:42:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 64756 times)
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #360 on: June 09, 2006, 02:01:03 PM »

he's great coz he's unique? ok

Sounds fucking lame Roll Eyes I don't think that being "unique" makes you a great guitarist if you're not a great guitar PLAYER..

no, it doesn't sound lame coz when i said "unique" i meant it as a whole; good guitar player, great style ( onstage, clothes etc)and if "better" is his baby..so much greater then. ok

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #361 on: June 09, 2006, 02:12:18 PM »

Besides, he wrote better.

Izzy wrote a bunch of good songs too, but that didn't entitle him to play lead guitar. If anything, this band should be following the Izzy model and relegate Robin to an almost strictly rythm role, leaving the lead guitar parts to the more talented players.

Being creative in the studio should not take precedent over Richard and Bumble's superior playing ability in relation to Robin.

You gotta admit though that Robin's solo in the Blues is really good.

Yes, love that solo. Very Slash-esque. Slash couldn't have done a better job.

Too true man. That's what makes people mad, is that the new guys are better than the old.

The old is something to respect, but the new is something to support.

What makes people mad is that the new guys can't even play the old stuff well.  How can you possibly label them as better than the originals???  Have you ever heard either band play? 

Apparently you didn't read very many of my other posts in this thread.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2006, 10:53:46 PM »

I love his website, it's exceptional.

I think it's great that he has some other creative interests besides music, he's a real artist.

...and he's hot also.  Wink
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #363 on: June 16, 2006, 07:05:57 PM »

Anyone knows about Robin having a family?

simblings, parents, wife, kids?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #364 on: June 17, 2006, 08:16:35 AM »

Robin is married to Bianca. Let's leave it at that.

She's not a band member, so I hope you can respect that and not discuss her here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #365 on: June 17, 2006, 08:17:58 AM »

What's wrong with discussing?
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #366 on: June 17, 2006, 08:41:12 AM »

Discussing went a tad wrong over at mygnr.com  hihi hihi hihi

Nothing to say
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #367 on: June 17, 2006, 08:44:56 AM »

WHY IN THE NAME OF BLOODY HELL DO THREADS SAY "NEW" WHEN THEY ARE AS OLD AS TIME ITSELF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #368 on: June 17, 2006, 09:01:14 AM »

IMO Finck is the only member of the band who holds a candle to Axl in terms of stage presence.   Suggesting he be put him on rhythm is ridiculous when hes doing 60-70% of the lead parts during the shows. 
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #369 on: June 17, 2006, 09:13:31 AM »

Suggesting he be put him on rhythm is ridiculous when hes doing 60-70% of the lead parts during the shows. 

The fact he's doing 60 - 70% of the lead parts at the moment is exactly why he should be put on rhythm!  hihi

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
velvetgirl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #370 on: June 17, 2006, 09:14:59 AM »

I fuckin love his new style.I could watch him for days.
go robin go peace
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 11:13:43 AM by velvetgirl » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #371 on: June 17, 2006, 09:21:59 AM »

This board isn't about the band member's families. It's about the band and the band members themselves.

No need to discuss their personal lives.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 09:24:14 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #372 on: June 17, 2006, 09:22:13 AM »

Suggesting he be put him on rhythm is ridiculous when hes doing 60-70% of the lead parts during the shows. 

The fact he's doing 60 - 70% of the lead parts at the moment is exactly why he should be put on rhythm!  hihi

he`s awesome on most of the solos. he should just play rhythm on november rain though hihi

the new solos are absolutely great.  fortus should do some more solos though, he`s an amazing guitarist...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #373 on: June 17, 2006, 09:34:07 AM »

he`s awesome on most of the solos. he should just play rhythm on november rain though hihi

the new solos are absolutely great.  fortus should do some more solos though, he`s an amazing guitarist...

I think my main problem with Robin is some of his solo's: I can't decide if he's trying to be creative or just isn't good enough to play the older songs. Either way, hearing unfamiliar notes is not good! His own personal solo efforts were frankly boring and sounded ameturish too.

He does do a good job of playing some songs and the newer ones sounded great. Also his stage presence is fantastic. But I agree that Richard should play more lead, infact I think he should play all the solos! Yay, long live Richard, wooooooo

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #374 on: June 17, 2006, 03:08:21 PM »

This board isn't about the band member's families. It's about the band and the band members themselves.

No need to discuss their personal lives.

/jarmo

I thought we can discuss any GnR related subject. It doesn't make sense...  Undecided

I see no harm in talking about a member's family.  It's not like we reveal addresses, phone numbers or insult anyone.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #375 on: June 17, 2006, 03:16:24 PM »

Why do you feel like you have to talk about their families?

Who Robin is married to and what she does isn't exactly GN'R related. It's related to Robin's personal life.

Unless his wife starts appearing in GN'R videos, photos, interviews etc., respect their right to have some privacy.

The only family member who I can think of would be ok to talk about, to a certain extent, is Dizzy's wife Lisa who actually communicates with fans.

/jarmo

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #376 on: June 17, 2006, 03:22:44 PM »

Tommy Hilfiger is more GnR related?

I can live without discussing about member's family if that's the way you wanna have it, it's your forum after all and I plan to respect it, just stop trying to conveice me it makes sense, 'cause it doesn't...

peace
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #377 on: June 17, 2006, 03:27:40 PM »

I can live without discussing about member's family if that's the way you wanna have it, it's your forum after all and I plan to respect it, just stop trying to conveice me it makes sense, 'cause it doesn't...

peace

Well I started this thread as support to Robin, his playing and involvement in GNR. I am sure his family is a big part and support in his life, but as jarmo said it is his private thing. I don't see Robin talking about his family as for example Richard has posted online pics of his baby... so I agree with jarmo on this... (yes I have posted link to Robin's wife bio which was deleted, but I accepted it as my mistake).
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #378 on: June 17, 2006, 03:31:36 PM »

peace

Well I started this thread as support to Robin, his playing and involvement in GNR. I am sure his family is a big part and support in his life, but as jarmo said it is his private thing. I don't see Robin talking about his family as for example Richard has posted online pics of his baby... so I agree with jarmo on this... (yes I have posted link to Robin's wife bio which was deleted, but I accepted it as my mistake).

Ok, I 'll "behave" myself  peace
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #379 on: June 17, 2006, 03:35:38 PM »

well to correct something... I didn't start this thread... I got things mixed up Sad

V
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: