Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock am Ring on GERMAN TV!! confirmed!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock am Ring on GERMAN TV!! confirmed!  (Read 67462 times)
badapple81
« Reply #420 on: August 15, 2006, 04:23:48 AM »

I was going to wait until the DVD finished downloading but I couldn't help it.. I gave in and watched Better and Nightrain on You Tube!

Holy shit!!! Nightrain rocks! The band sounds awesome and Axl's vocals are spot on! Better is also awesome.. I don't care if he is a bit out of breath on that one cos the stage presence is there and he takes a bit out to go down to the crowd which is cool and what a live show is all about!

I can't wait to sit down and watch the whole DVD!
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #421 on: August 15, 2006, 04:41:19 AM »

IRS will kick your ass man Wink

badapple81
« Reply #422 on: August 15, 2006, 05:38:26 AM »

IRS will kick your ass man Wink

If it's HALF as good as IRS at Donnington, it will be on real treat  Smiley
KOK
Headliner

« Reply #423 on: August 15, 2006, 06:38:26 AM »

In my opinion Irs performance was horrible. What have they done to that beautiful song!!! They have ruined the intro and Ron ruined Bucket`s solo. He also can`t play the solo in Better. That is strange, because he does a great job when playing the old songs.
badapple81
« Reply #424 on: August 15, 2006, 06:41:13 AM »

In my opinion Irs performance was horrible. What have they done to that beautiful song!!! They have ruined the intro and Ron ruined Bucket`s solo. He also can`t play the solo in Better. That is strange, because he does a great job when playing the old songs.

It's not always possible to replicate work done under studio conditions and with the tools to alter etc. But you are certainly entitled to your opinion and not to like it as much as the demo version  Smiley
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #425 on: August 15, 2006, 07:37:20 AM »

It's not always possible to replicate work done under studio conditions and with the tools to alter etc. But you are certainly entitled to your opinion and not to like it as much as the demo version  Smiley

I agree with you about IRS, this performance was horrible, his voice is just so shakey it really doesnt sound good at all. As i said before i know what Axl is capable of, i saw them at one of the Hammerstein warm up shows in NY which at the time i thought was amazing, but then i saw them again at Wembely on the 29th and it was a different Axl, i dont think he could have been better, his voice was just outstanding, so much better than the Hammerstein show, as were the rest of the band, just listen to the version of sailing they did!

Its a shame that the best version of better out there is the one from Download 06, when Axl doesnt look interested at all and is just locked in his own world casually singing the song........... its by far the best vocal performance and the band is pretty tight aswell even though there isnt any bass for the last min of the song. Half his problem is all the running around, i just dont think he has it in him to do it for an entire show, he should also ditch some of the clothes changes!

I dunno what im trying to say, i guess its that the success of this band, at the moment anyway, depends on Axls voice- ultimatly he has the most to proove.

Jonx
badapple81
« Reply #426 on: August 15, 2006, 07:43:30 AM »

I think he has really cut down on the running around.. guess it's hard to get that perfect balance.. he is getting fitter as the tour goes on too. I was watching TWAT from NY and he seems really out of breath on that one.. I bet he could nail it now.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #427 on: August 15, 2006, 07:46:43 AM »

I think he has really cut down on the running around.. guess it's hard to get that perfect balance.. he is getting fitter as the tour goes on too. I was watching TWAT from NY and he seems really out of breath on that one.. I bet he could nail it now.

Yeah, i guess he just needs more practice, Better seems to be one of those songs where you have to breathe at certain points to allow yourself to pull the entire thing off, i guess with practice he will figure it out. I keep reminding myself that its early days!

Jonx
badapple81
« Reply #428 on: August 15, 2006, 07:48:05 AM »

He did nail the middle screaming part of Better though.. that was insane! Smiley
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #429 on: August 15, 2006, 08:22:04 AM »

I guess there is no such thing like a direct download? (Just asking because I sit here in a university with great bandwith.  Grin)

So I renew my question from the last page.  Sad

Restraint is for suckers.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #430 on: August 15, 2006, 09:38:38 AM »

Anyone know when the DVD is coming out?

gally
Headliner

slane 92, leeds 02, dublin 06

« Reply #431 on: August 15, 2006, 01:56:21 PM »

for anyone that has been to a summer concert of GNR this is a must.

its an a1 fantastic download!
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #432 on: August 15, 2006, 02:00:54 PM »

Summer? It was fuckin' cold there!

But I know what you mean.  Grin

Restraint is for suckers.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #433 on: August 15, 2006, 02:40:09 PM »

where can I download this concert?  Also, is it coming out on a DVD? 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #434 on: August 15, 2006, 02:42:38 PM »

The sound quality is phenomenal on this one..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #435 on: August 15, 2006, 02:46:51 PM »

where can I download this concert?? Also, is it coming out on a DVD??
www.dimeadozen.org
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #436 on: August 15, 2006, 02:49:55 PM »

where can I download this concert?  Also, is it coming out on a DVD? 

Not officially being release no, as far as anyone knows. It's just a broadcast on German TV, which is best watched by burning to your own DVD.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #437 on: August 15, 2006, 02:50:40 PM »

Thanks, but what the heck is that? ?I'm not really computer literate...lol ?Do I have to sign up for something?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #438 on: August 15, 2006, 02:52:08 PM »

Thanks, but what the heck is that?  I'm not really computer literate...lol  Do I have to sign up for something?

yeah you`ve got to register at dimeadozen to be able to download it. and you need a torrent client.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #439 on: August 15, 2006, 02:52:21 PM »

It's a private tracker site, yes. As far as I know at the minute its the only place with the best quality version. You have to sign up to use it, but keep trying every hour and  you'll get in.

You do know how to use bittorrent?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: