Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 09:45:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 65039 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #420 on: August 04, 2007, 09:30:56 PM »

If you click the link, you can read the whole press release.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #421 on: August 05, 2007, 05:21:27 AM »

Maybe to you they are more successful....

/jarmo

No, not to me. But what has G N' R realised in the past 10 years? Nothing beside 1 decent tour (2006-2007). So, isn't it time that they fulfill their promises and give something back to the fans beside another tour?

Excuse me, but they do not owe us anything. Have you paid for Chinese Democracy yet? No? Then they don't owe you it. If you paid to go see the shows last year then you got to see a show for the money you paid. Again they don't owe us anything.

So you agree with the fact that this new incarnation of the band have to tour over and over again playing the old "classic" songs just to keep the fans happy? Ok,they play some new songs but when are they gonna play something the fans never heard before to give them a glimpse of C.D. Respect is a bit like a knife,it cuts on 2 sides. When a fan shows his respect to a band than it's most likely that a band give their repsect back to the fans. They only can do this to give the fans something new and not by taking profit of the old songs. Ok, Axl wrote most of this songs but what are the credits of the new members in these songs? Nothing.

Where's Axl?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #422 on: August 05, 2007, 11:41:38 AM »

/jarmo

No, not to me. But what has G N' R realised in the past 10 years? Nothing beside 1 decent tour (2006-2007). So, isn't it time that they fulfill their promises and give something back to the fans beside another tour?

Excuse me, but they do not owe us anything. Have you paid for Chinese Democracy yet? No? Then they don't owe you it. If you paid to go see the shows last year then you got to see a show for the money you paid. Again they don't owe us anything.

....Ok,they play some new songs but when are they gonna play something the fans never heard before to give them a glimpse of C.D....

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
There Was A Time
Better
IRS

...I'd say those qualify.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #423 on: August 05, 2007, 11:44:41 AM »

....Ok,they play some new songs but when are they gonna play something the fans never heard before to give them a glimpse of C.D....

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
There Was A Time
Better
IRS

exactly it's only tops 10 % of the crowds who have heard the new songs
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #424 on: August 05, 2007, 12:04:42 PM »

/jarmo

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
There Was A Time
Better
IRS

Not to compare the 2 bands again, BUT how many songs off of Libertad did VR play before it came out?  3? 4?  Did they owe the fans more than that?  No!  GNR is playing 6 "new" songs, that's a pretty good number.  Just because you've heard bootleg versions of these songs doesn't change the fact that they are still "new" to a majority of people.  Not everyone scours GNR sites and youtube to hear the latest leaks and such.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #425 on: August 05, 2007, 01:44:19 PM »

/jarmo

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
There Was A Time
Better
IRS

Not to compare the 2 bands again, BUT how many songs off of Libertad did VR play before it came out?? 3? 4?? Did they owe the fans more than that?? No!? GNR is playing 6 "new" songs, that's a pretty good number.? Just because you've heard bootleg versions of these songs doesn't change the fact that they are still "new" to a majority of people.? Not everyone scours GNR sites and youtube to hear the latest leaks and such.

Another thing I like to remember is that before UYI came out, GNR were playing less then half the songs that ended up on them live. So assuming CD is 13 tracks (as we've heard) that would be about the same amount played right?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #426 on: August 05, 2007, 02:35:18 PM »

/jarmo

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
There Was A Time
Better
IRS

Not to compare the 2 bands again, BUT how many songs off of Libertad did VR play before it came out?  3? 4?  Did they owe the fans more than that?  No!  GNR is playing 6 "new" songs, that's a pretty good number.  Just because you've heard bootleg versions of these songs doesn't change the fact that they are still "new" to a majority of people.  Not everyone scours GNR sites and youtube to hear the latest leaks and such.

But VR has released libertad.....
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #427 on: August 05, 2007, 02:36:32 PM »

/jarmo

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
There Was A Time
Better
IRS

Not to compare the 2 bands again, BUT how many songs off of Libertad did VR play before it came out?? 3? 4?? Did they owe the fans more than that?? No!? GNR is playing 6 "new" songs, that's a pretty good number.? Just because you've heard bootleg versions of these songs doesn't change the fact that they are still "new" to a majority of people.? Not everyone scours GNR sites and youtube to hear the latest leaks and such.

But VR has released libertad.....

And that has what to do with playing new songs live to give fans a glimpse of CD?

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #428 on: August 05, 2007, 07:53:01 PM »

Getting back on topic, it is awesome to see this magazine cover in stores.  Without a doubt the best rock band ever assembled on that cover.  The best of all-time. 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #429 on: August 05, 2007, 09:57:13 PM »

Getting back on topic, it is awesome to see this magazine cover in stores.  Without a doubt the best rock band ever assembled on that cover.  The best of all-time. 

Yep. I love Guns N' Roses too. All of the people that have been members through the years. Even those guys.

GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #430 on: August 05, 2007, 11:03:21 PM »

/jarmo

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
There Was A Time
Better
IRS

dont get me wrong, i have nothing against GNR for playing the 6 new songs. i think that? they shouldnt play anything that we havent heard yet until CD comes out. i'd rather wait to here finished studio versions than hear them live. but,your comparison is wrong. you are comparing vr's 2nd album to GNR's first albums with the new band. for vr's first album they played 8 new songs live. either way, can't you just like both of them and not compare what the other is doing? you should be happy that slash/duff/matt are doing the music they want and axl is doing the music he wants.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #431 on: August 05, 2007, 11:54:28 PM »

Oh I do enjoy both bands, I didn't want to compare the 2 bands but it's kind of hard.  The comparison always seems to get brought up in these parts.  There really is NO comparison about "new" GNR and VR the first time around.  GNR had a huge catalog to choose from, yet they're still playing 6 "new" songs.  VR had NO catalog since they were a new band so they HAD to play original songs unless they wanted to play all GNR/STP covers.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #432 on: August 06, 2007, 06:50:14 AM »

Oh I do enjoy both bands, I didn't want to compare the 2 bands but it's kind of hard.  The comparison always seems to get brought up in these parts.  There really is NO comparison about "new" GNR and VR the first time around.  GNR had a huge catalog to choose from, yet they're still playing 6 "new" songs.  VR had NO catalog since they were a new band so they HAD to play original songs unless they wanted to play all GNR/STP covers.

I don't really get the point here. You're saying neither band should rely on the back catalog anymore?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #433 on: August 06, 2007, 08:15:34 AM »

Oh I do enjoy both bands, I didn't want to compare the 2 bands but it's kind of hard.? The comparison always seems to get brought up in these parts.? There really is NO comparison about "new" GNR and VR the first time around.? GNR had a huge catalog to choose from, yet they're still playing 6 "new" songs.? VR had NO catalog since they were a new band so they HAD to play original songs unless they wanted to play all GNR/STP covers.

I don't really get the point here. You're saying neither band should rely on the back catalog anymore?
No, someone brought up the point that VR was playing 8 new songs before Contraband came out.  Well obviously they would have to play a large number of new songs since they were a brand new band.  Someone had brought up the argument about songs being played before albums come out and how GNR is now playing 6 songs that COULD be on CD (Rhyiad, Oh My God, and TWAT were also played a couple times).  I was just making the point that VR had NO catalog to choose from except GNR/STP songs and GNR had 4 albums worth of material to choose from (5 if you wanna include TSI).  They still managed to play 6 new songs, a more than acceptable number I'd say.  I hope that makes sense.

W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #434 on: August 06, 2007, 01:19:43 PM »

i dont know where else to say this, and i just wanna say it...

This album should have been released in 2006, when the hype was really at an all-time high. That was the time to strike....everyone was talking about the new Guns and their comeback from 2002.

The momentum has been slowed down, but there is still time to release it. If its not out this year, Id say forget it, its never happening.
rubinho.ma
« Reply #435 on: August 06, 2007, 01:48:24 PM »

i dont know where else to say this, and i just wanna say it...

This album should have been released in 2006, when the hype was really at an all-time high. That was the time to strike....everyone was talking about the new Guns and their comeback from 2002.

The momentum has been slowed down, but there is still time to release it. If its not out this year, Id say forget it, its never happening.
You're right. I think the same way. What makes me really worried is if this band will ever have the time/chance to work in another album, a second and even a third one. Axl claimed that they have material for 2 or 3 albums, but Chinese Democracy alone is taking so long that it makes no sense to hope for a new discography. That would take a lifetime to happen...
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #436 on: August 06, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »

I remember people on this site joking around about how, in 2008, we're going to be saying, "THIS IS THE YEAR"....and we would all laugh at that, b/c.....2008 seemed sooooo far away, and surely we'd have the album before 2008.

Well......
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #437 on: August 06, 2007, 04:46:06 PM »

No, someone brought up the point that VR was playing 8 new songs before Contraband came out.  Well obviously they would have to play a large number of new songs since they were a brand new band.  Someone had brought up the argument about songs being played before albums come out and how GNR is now playing 6 songs that COULD be on CD (Rhyiad, Oh My God, and TWAT were also played a couple times).  I was just making the point that VR had NO catalog to choose from except GNR/STP songs and GNR had 4 albums worth of material to choose from (5 if you wanna include TSI).  They still managed to play 6 new songs, a more than acceptable number I'd say.  I hope that makes sense.

Okay, I missed that before, I apologize.

The way I look at it though, any band would be nuts nowadays to play over half their new album before it's released.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #438 on: August 06, 2007, 09:20:28 PM »

Oh I do enjoy both bands, I didn't want to compare the 2 bands but it's kind of hard.? The comparison always seems to get brought up in these parts.? There really is NO comparison about "new" GNR and VR the first time around.? GNR had a huge catalog to choose from, yet they're still playing 6 "new" songs.? VR had NO catalog since they were a new band so they HAD to play original songs unless they wanted to play all GNR/STP covers.

No, someone brought up the point that VR was playing 8 new songs before Contraband came out.? Well obviously they would have to play a large number of new songs since they were a brand new band.? Someone had brought up the argument about songs being played before albums come out and how GNR is now playing 6 songs that COULD be on CD (Rhyiad, Oh My God, and TWAT were also played a couple times).? I was just making the point that VR had NO catalog to choose from except GNR/STP songs and GNR had 4 albums worth of material to choose from (5 if you wanna include TSI).? They still managed to play 6 new songs, a more than acceptable number I'd say.? I hope that makes sense.

The way I look at it though, any band would be nuts nowadays to play over half their new album before it's released.

I agree.  Unless the album is never meant to see the light of day.  If that's the case let's blow this mother out!  I still hold out hope that it will be released, eventually and IF it is I don't think I'd want to hear anything else new.  6+ songs is enough for me.  Of course if more songs were to leak I can't say I'd have the willpower to stay away from them.  I'm human.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #439 on: August 06, 2007, 11:45:53 PM »

I agree.  Unless the album is never meant to see the light of day.  If that's the case let's blow this mother out!  I still hold out hope that it will be released, eventually and IF it is I don't think I'd want to hear anything else new.  6+ songs is enough for me.  Of course if more songs were to leak I can't say I'd have the willpower to stay away from them.  I'm human.

Agreed on all accounts. It's like, if there isn't ever gonna be a way for me to pay for this material then by all means PLEASE start playing more live!

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: