Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:50:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now!?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now!?  (Read 63001 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2009, 11:52:36 AM »

You Slash fans just need to realize that it's a band.

but you must admit that Axl makes the choices.  He'll tour when he is ready.  He'll release a video when he feels like it.

That's a generalization.

You just want to make it sound like the others have no input at all.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2009, 11:55:02 AM »

That's a generalization.

They do have an input but Axl will always make the final choice.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2009, 11:58:02 AM »

That's a generalization.

He's the one who gets held responsible for anything related to GN'R at the end of the day.

So obviously he has a big part of it.

But your whole tone changed from "it's not a band" to "Axl runs the ship".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2009, 12:02:31 PM »

really it's time some fans like jacdaniel learnt GNR is a band and not just axl. 

Guns n Roses 09 is Axl and whoever he decides to work with.  Don't delude yourself otherwise. 

were you at the auditions?
any group has a leader that ought to decide things for the whole group. that doesn't mean the leader is the group.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2009, 12:09:06 PM »

Bumblefoot was e-mailed by Chris before he joined, Frank knew Richard etc.

Seems like the others are more involved in the band that some like to admit.

Not to mention the input on the album.

/jarmo

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2009, 12:11:00 PM »

That's a generalization.

Exactly the same from day zero.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2009, 01:28:30 PM »

That's a generalization.

Exactly the same from day zero.

I disagree. In fact, I believe just about every member / ex-member have claimed that things changed in regards to how decisions were made or the way that they'd collaborate.

I'm not saying that Axl doesn't let the current band make any decisions. But at the end of the day, he's the man with the final say. I don't believe the band operated exactly like that back in the mid to late eighties. Today, it appears that the band operates more like a business than 5 guys against the world.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:34:26 PM by -Rob- » Logged
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2009, 01:55:56 PM »

really it's time some fans like jacdaniel learnt GNR is a band and not just axl. 

Guns n Roses 09 is Axl and whoever he decides to work with.  Don't delude yourself otherwise. 

If you want to use that kind of analogy, then it's just like it was in 1985!  Tongue

You Slash fans just need to realize that it's a band.

/jarmo
Not exactly Steven and Axl had there differences and especially after the amount Steven was given for AFD 15% where Axl got 25% just clearifying.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2009, 02:08:54 PM »

And to say Ashba is irrelevant, it's because you want to see the negative side. To me, it means (as its written in the press release) that the band is indeed planing to tour and it's rehearsing. How is this not telling people what's going on?

Didnt Gilby learn the set in 2 weeks! so what is the hold up?
why should it take so long to rehearse your own album?
Is ashba getting guitar lessons?   rofl    Just kidding guys.

according to brain it took him quite a while to learn the songs on democracy
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2009, 02:11:42 PM »

And to say Ashba is irrelevant, it's because you want to see the negative side. To me, it means (as its written in the press release) that the band is indeed planing to tour and it's rehearsing. How is this not telling people what's going on?

Where and when did Brain say that? I'm not being a smartass, I'm honestly curious.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2009, 04:33:39 PM »

Where and when did Brain say that? I'm not being a smartass, I'm honestly curious.

in a interview I read somewhere; he kind of explained howhe was brought into GnR and the process of recording all of Josh's parts-i think it is/was on this site somewhere-maybe modern drummer?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 04:35:58 PM by oldgunsfan » Logged
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »

here you go, I looked it up after reading your post

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=175
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2009, 06:16:35 PM »

Oooooooh. You meant it took Brain a long time. Ok. I thought you were saying that Brain gave that quote about DJ. As in it was taking DJ a long time to learn the CD songs.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2009, 07:29:56 PM »

Oooooooh. You meant it took Brain a long time. Ok. I thought you were saying that Brain gave that quote about DJ. As in it was taking DJ a long time to learn the CD songs.

but i also speculated it was taking DJ time to learn all the songs as well-again,  as he hasn't been with them 2 months yet
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2009, 02:44:35 AM »

I'm not saying that Axl doesn't let the current band make any decisions. But at the end of the day, he's the man with the final say. I don't believe the band operated exactly like that back in the mid to late eighties. Today, it appears that the band operates more like a business than 5 guys against the world.

what do the 80s have to do with anything relevant to now?
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2009, 04:36:45 AM »

This thread is going nowhere...  Huh  Roll Eyes  Cool

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2009, 09:39:27 AM »

what do the 80s have to do with anything relevant to now?

I don't know. You tell me?

A member stated that decisions are made exactly the same as they have been "since day one". I disagree. There are some obvious differences as to how things are ran differently now.

In my opinion, the only similarities between what was, and what is, would be that Axl's singing and still calling it GNR.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2009, 10:13:07 AM »

This thread is going nowhere...  Huh  Roll Eyes  Cool

and the band is?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2009, 10:20:23 AM »

and you are?

A member stated that decisions are made exactly the same as they have been "since day one". I disagree. There are some obvious differences as to how things are ran differently now.

In my opinion, the only similarities between what was, and what is, would be that Axl's singing and still calling it GNR.

And the conception...Guns and Roses originated in axl's mind long before it got the name. Hence from day zero.
Other guys joined him and left, not other way round. or Scom wouldn't have made a single.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2009, 11:04:01 AM »

And the conception...Guns and Roses originated in axl's mind long before it got the name. Hence from day zero.

Dude, I have to ask. Do you even bother reading through a thread to see what is being discussed, or do you just find a post that doesn't "appear" to praise Axl as the sole mastermind and try to twist it to start an argument? No offense, and I realize that age and grammar barrier plays a role here, but I have a hard time following what it is that you are trying to get at half the time. The other half the time you just come off as an instigator who's looking for an argument, but provides no real basis as to why.

I agree that Axl had a vision of what he felt like GNR should be. No argument there. But I'm sure that every member at the time had a personal vision as well. I'm not going to debate who's vision better defined the band's legacy; as that's mostly up to interpretation and preference. If you're a huge fan of the 'NR's' and 'Estranged' epics, Axl probably should be credited most as to why we have those songs today. If 'Brownstone', 'Nightrain', and 'Think About' are more your cup of tea, I'd argue that other members had just as much, if not more, to do with those songs existance as Axl. If the epic solos were what caught your attention the most, I could see making the statement that "you know who" is credited greatly.

Bottom line, those songs worked so well because all involved brought something to the table with them. Maybe Axl wanted synth in 'PC' and the others didn't, but it worked. Maybe Axl wanted Slash to alter a particular solo and he didn't, but nonetheless, it worked. They ALL had a vision, and what made it gel so well, musically speaking, is that when those visions were combined, we got some of the best rock material ever recorded. Maybe Axl took the responsibility thing a little more serious than some of the other "alumni", but that doesn't downplay those contributions that the "alumni" provided.

Other guys joined him and left, not other way round. or Scom wouldn't have made a single.

I understood the first sentence. The second, I'm not so sure what you are attempting to suggest.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: