Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:56:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now!?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now!?  (Read 62979 times)
Josh
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 08:26:53 AM »

They probably have rough material enough for another album.  The problem is, after striving for perfection all these years, does anyone expect Axl to shoot for anything less with the next one?  And does anyone expect the label to give him any slack at all?  I'm hopeful if the album/tour does very well, but realistically I don't see this as the start of a new era. 
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 08:49:51 AM »

This question is one that is constantly crossing my mind. I think the album will sell well, but I do not think it is going to be some earth shattering figure that some people anticipate just because the album took 17 years.

I think that Axl will need to do press and interviews otherwise once the album is released the buzz will start fading fast without the proper promotion. This is Axl's BABY so guess what Axl needs to get his ass out there and promote it. If he takes the I don't give a shit approach and I do what I want and not promote the album, it will never hit its full potential. If that happens then it will be hailed as a failure by critics because it did not do well commercially, and as we all know what matters the most is the bottom line. Think about it... if CD sells poorly that opens the door to saying the album sucked, Axl wasted his time, fucked up the GNR name by getting rid of the original band, etc.

If CD sales and the tour are a success I think Axl will finish the rest of the materail we have heard about and release those albums within a couple of years and tour those with this version of GNR.

However, I do think that there will be some type of reunion that will go down because I do not think that even CD will bury that desire for GNR fans.
jarvie_a
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 06:58:02 AM »

What happens now Chinese Democracy has been released?

I live in the UK and have recently purchased my copy. I've been looking forward to this day for a long time and was underwhelmed by the lack of enthusiasm for it's release. I went around all the record shops in Glasgow this morning to find the best price and see how the shops had set up for the release. It was just like any other album, no fan fare at all. One major shop was playing 'If The World' and offering a half price GN'R t-shirt if you bought the album and in another major shop it took me 5 minutes to find the album and they didn't even have it in the GN'R section!

I haven't really noticed the promotion too much here. Yes, there have been adverts in the National Press but that's about it. I haven't heard 'Chinese Democracy' on the radio and there is no video to accompany the title track. There has been the UK website and competition but I don't think many casual fans would have visited it.

I love the new band in its own right, went to see the guys twice in June 2006 and think some of the new songs are really great. I understand everything that happens will be down to Axl and how he calls it.

What do you guys think will happen in the short term and long term of the band?

Short Term

Can we expect a tour in support of the album? ( The band haven't played a show together for 16 months)

Who is officially in or out of GN' R? ( The album credits don't really give much insight)

Can we expect a video/videos?

Long Term

Can we expect more material to be released from the band?

Will the 87-93 Era band get back together?

My Views

I'd like to hope there is a tour as i'd love to see the guys again, this may prove difficult as i'm not really sure where Finck stands This poses another set of questions. Will Finck return for a third time? Will a former member return for a second time (Buckethead/Tobias)? Will a new member be added like when Ron was drafted? Will they stick with two guitarists?

If i didn't follow the band i'd be under the impression Paul Tobias and Buckethead were in the band from the Thank You's and i'm still unclear who the drummer is.

Again i'd like there to be a video, but expected one before the albums release.

According to Bach there are three albums. I'm glad we've got this one and would be happy to hear more though i'm content with what we've got for now.

I personally think that when the Chinese Democracy Era ends the 87-93 Era will do something together, probably not a new set of songs but a tour. Izzy and Axl seem friendly with each other, Slash doesn't seem to hold any deep grudges according to his book and Matt/Duff would probably go a along with it as they stayed with Axl the longest out of the old guys. I don't see Adler or Gilby being involved. Dizzy would probably be there. If there was to be new material I'd love it to be a Axl/Izzy collaboration as Believe they were the best songwriters in the original GN'R. What then for the new guys? Finck would probably go back to/stay with Trent. The other guys would probably go back to being session musicians/producers/solo projects of there own.

Thanks for reading, Please share you're views/opinions on the next move for GN'R

Pine Barrens
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 07:29:32 AM »

There will be a tour, but noe one knows when. Videos? Who knows... They aren't really necessary anymore, I think.  I am sure we will also see more releases, probably sooner rather than later. Which I think will also have to answer the qouestion whether the old band will get back together. See, this isn't something Axl just had to get out of his system and now that it's out, he'll go back to Slash and Duff and be all buddy-buddy. But that's for another Dead Horse discussion...
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 07:33:18 AM »

well, the thing is:

from axl?s mouth: "there?s songs that the old guns fans won?t understand" ... so, that brings me to think that CD is the closiest thing we?ll get from the old band and what they were, personally and musicaly speaking.

where?s de angry with a song about a drink? about drugs? the raw rock n roll ... well, is here, but with diferent point of view and with a diferent time, now is almost 2009.

RS, ZEPPELIN, SABBATH... tell me if any of these bands, today, if they decided to release something new, if you see the "beatlemania" again with them... Answer: NO.

diferent times.
diferent people.

GNR are back, and even if axl and GNR are considered "big names" by the whole music industry and music listeners, they will need to prove once again that a banda called GNR is there, releasing songs, playing live, making videos and don?t put his fans in aquard situation where you can?t even say who?s in the band, if the band will do a tour or what?s happening because 3 months did pass and we don?t get a word by axl or his camp.
THAT will make us shit our pants, remembering all the silence years we?ve been thru waiting for a next release or for the next big GNR news... and then... well, you know what happened.

bring the rock!
 beer

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 07:34:05 AM »

A French newspaper announced a show in Paris in june 2009... Don't know where they got the info, but... I'll be there!
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 07:35:22 AM »

I really hope they would release CD and announce the follow ups that are allegedly already recorded at the same time.  drool
AliveOrJustBreathing
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 07:51:50 AM »

I am overwhelmed too OP, but I think that its because people genuinely dont care, and another album is just another album....GNR or not....I would think that there would be more positive vibes if the band were on tour at the moment...or had recently announced plans to come here....as it stands I think people are just more focused on Christmas and getting through the holidays

I have heard the song on BBC Radio One in the UK, but its slipping down the charts, and only a physical single release will save it....Downloads only with no video or physical release was never going to get it to the Top 20. I mean that is the worst single release I have ever seen, especially for GNR

The closest it has gotten so far is 27 and I cant see it changing now its 37

Madagascar or Better as a physical single could reach No 1, if they took the time to market it right, and create a video

A French newspaper announced a show in Paris in june 2009... Don't know where they got the info, but... I'll be there!

Could I get a source of this quote please?

Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 07:55:34 AM »

(at the bottom right)

Bercy 2009 ISN'T confirmed though. They are just reporting what they "heard"...

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 07:58:24 AM »

Cheers
Frequent Flyer
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 08:03:34 AM »

Off the top of my head: Is that not the photo of Axl that's used in Chinese Democracy's insert booklet?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2008, 08:23:05 AM »

I want to see Axl take over the world again, but it is 2008 and not 1992. The music business is much different now. I hope we see more promotion from the band themselves. I will say that Ron has been making the rounds and is the most accessible of all the members. An appearance on Leno or Letterman would be a good move IMO. A video or a live DVD would be good too. I don't think you can just drop CD and let it do all the work since with no promotion other than the hype around it won't be enough for it to go multi platnum.

Expectations are extremely high. My biggest concern- if CD does no do really well, where does Axl go from here? This is his big shot, it is right now.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:25:58 AM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 08:47:27 AM »

well once a album drop they have to tour to support that album play songs from it and guns n' roses had 2 tours in china for this year but that got pulled and let hope they tour in 2009 and after there done touring they might take a rest or go back in the studio and do more recording for the next album
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2008, 09:56:32 AM »

The official website isn't changed after the release of CD, so it seems no movement at all at the GN'R camp?
C'mon, CD is the most anticipated album EVER: where are the interviews? Vido clip announcements?... I do not understand this.
I think we're going nowhere...we have CD and maybe that's it for good... thank god the album is good.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2008, 10:23:45 AM »

Off the top of my head: Is that not the photo of Axl that's used in Chinese Democracy's insert booklet?

Off the top of my big toe: Yes
ElNonoPololo
Headliner

Here Today...I guess

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 07:39:08 PM »

I firmly believe (shoot me if I'm wrong) that this won't be so strong to the public eyes like the band was in the 80's and 90's. Most fans of this record will probably Guns fans and other strong music fans - basically what I mena by that is that any joe schmoe won't be interested or even hear of this landmark album.

I'd like to be proved wrong though.

You'd like to be shot?  hihi

Anyway, the fact that we have no idea what's going to happen now is one of the things that make CD's release exciting... Will they tour? Will the tour be another 2002 debacle? Will it be the opposite? Will they replace Robin? Will they re-do all the other songs they've left out of CD a thousand times with the Robin-fill in? Someone else will go? Will there be videos? Will Axl say anything, or remain silent...?, etc.

Personally, all I want is the name of the next album so we can start all the idle speculation once again. "(Name to be announced) STARTS NOW!!!" peace

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2008, 09:13:57 PM »

just enjoy the record for a while!!

What? So the wait for the next album hasn't started yet?    hihi

i never said that  ok

of course it has. Im tapping my fingers impatiently already!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 09:16:15 PM »

(at the bottom right)

Bercy 2009 ISN'T confirmed though. They are just reporting what they "heard"...

ah, to hell with french. Im around it all day and night, and I have no clue what's happening!
learn to speak dutch you fuckers! (this is only aimed for the ones in Belgium Cheesy )

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 09:58:15 PM »

Why are there still people wondering if the 87-94 band will get back together? Shit, if this album doesn't prove the current version of GNR to you, nothing ever will. Give it up.

Actually, it'd fun to have a guest shot by Izzy on whatever album comes in the future, but I really like the new band. Long live the new GNR!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2008, 02:35:07 AM »

Where do we go now, indeed. Cool

For those of us who have been part of this online community since it's mere beginning, over at gnronline.com ("MAKE HASTE", anyone? hihi), this has been a trip that has indeed seemed like forever and a day, as Axl so elequently put it. Every day on these forums since then has been revolving around the future release of this album, and now that it's finally here, it is certainly something of a nostalgic moment for us. "Where do we go now?"

Well, I think this is only the beginning of something that few of us have dared to even hope for. The new band will get the respect and recognition they finally deserve, there will be tours, new albums just as good as this one, and more. As one CD advert put it, the future is ours! smoking

We deserve this, my fellow gunners, we really do, and trust me, the 2008 version of Guns N' Roses, the best one to date, are here to stay! smoking

To GN'R! beer

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: