Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:06:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now!?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now!?  (Read 62980 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2009, 11:41:29 AM »

can you stop writing a book about your speculations on a poster each time. thanks.

No one said the old band wasn't a band.
The old songs worked well and the same is true with cd sings because this is a band and has been a band led by axl.
he was in charge even before they joined.

isn't it you who gotta read the thread? it's not about this kind of argument or about where the band came from so I won't go further. read axl chats.

The second, I'm not so sure what you are attempting to suggest.

the rest of the band didn't like it. I thought everyone knew the story.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2009, 11:57:01 AM »

Dude, I have to ask. Do you even bother reading through a thread to see what is being discussed, or do you just find a post that doesn't "appear" to praise Axl as the sole mastermind and try to twist it to start an argument? No offense, and I realize that age and grammar barrier plays a role here, but I have a hard time following what it is that you are trying to get at half the time. The other half the time you just come off as an instigator who's looking for an argument, but provides no real basis as to why.

rofl

funny because that's what he's doing. a nice smiley only post.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2009, 12:24:37 PM »

can you stop writing a book about your speculations on a poster each time. thanks.

No offense, but I have to "speculate" being as though the majority of your posts are grammaticaly incoherent or provide very little logic. Maybe if you put a little more effort into making your posts make sense, you wouldn't receive my "book" answers

In his opinion, he was in charge. And maybe that fits into your line of reasoning, but I think it's pretty opinionated statement nonetheless.

the rest of the band didn't like it. I thought everyone knew the story.

The rest of the band, or the lead guitar player at the time? There's a difference there. And again, when you write a sentence that states, "Or SCOM wouldn't have been a single", that leaves alot of room to question what it is that you are actually trying to say.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »

In his opinion, he was in charge. And maybe that fits into your line of reasoning, but I think it's pretty opinionated statement nonetheless.

na that's a fact or are you saying they picked axl?

The rest of the band, or the lead guitar player at the time? There's a difference there. And again, when you write a sentence that states, "Or SCOM wouldn't have been a single", that leaves alot of room to question what it is that you are actually trying to say.

the rest. but obviously axl had the final say. I'd post the source8none other than slash) but you should know how much this argument belongs in deadhorse....
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2009, 01:21:12 PM »

Jesus.  Roll Eyes

What exactly does someone picking Axl and him being "in charge" have to do with one another? More nonsensical rubbish ...

the rest. but obviously axl had the final say.

Define "final say". He had the final say when it came down to whether he'd lay vocals down for a song.  I agree. But didn't the other guys also have that same say when it came to their part.

For example, do you not think that Axl may have wanted a certain solo extended, or cut short, and Slash said "no"? I bet he had. I bet they all had different musical perspectives at one point or another, but I bet that didn't mean Axl got his way every time he had a suggestion.

I really think you're confusing "final say" with one's opinion.
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2009, 02:05:11 PM »

I don't know if linking to mygnr is OK but there you go :

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=24956&st=0&#entry2431290

Does the fact that Axl is credited on 85-90% of the songs count ? And no, these are not "just lyrics"...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #186 on: May 20, 2009, 05:01:14 PM »

Jesus.  Roll Eyes

What exactly does someone picking Axl and him being "in charge" have to do with one another? More nonsensical rubbish ...

Are you playing dumb or what? Axl was fronting gnr when those guys sans izzy joined. Like when the present members joined. That's a fact.

Final say is the last say. I don't know if he has had it on everything but on this song, 
http://www.blender.com/guide/67560/greatest-songs-ever-sweet-child-o146-mine.html

Although not the exact article I was referring to, it tells as how Scom was considered as a filler by those ex members.
It was axl's push.

On the other hand, I haven't heard a single story about axl reluctantly following other member's decision.

so, Where do we go now. Roll Eyes
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2009, 06:08:32 PM »

Are you playing dumb or what? Axl was fronting gnr when those guys sans izzy joined. Like when the present members joined. That's a fact.

Umm ... hello?

What does Axl fronting GNR have to do with him having "final say"? Baz used to front SR until they kicked his ass out of it. Was that his "final say"?

To continuously try and suggest that Axl was this guy who had "final say" paints the picture that he was some ruthless dictator who didn't allow other opinions or collaboration. I don't believe for a second that was the case. At one point, I'd say Slash was just as instrumental in the artistic / business decisions as Axl was. In fact, I belive that was even mentioned once by one of the 2. To an extent, I can see Axl taking an even greater role; mostly due to Slash's addiction issues. But nonetheless, that's still different than this "final say" shit that you keep attempting to insinuate.

so, Where do we go now. Roll Eyes

Judging by your previous posts, my guess would be some left field response from yourself.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2009, 11:57:45 AM »

I don't know much about the band other than that baz used to be in. And I don't think it's relevant.

In GNRs case basically axl and izzy decided on those guys to be in guns n roses when the other founding members left.
And no one decided on axl to be in guns n roses. Axl did. He's been there taking charge of the band since day one.

As for the semantics,

Is a decision maker, president for instance,  a dictator?
Leaders having the final say doesn't mean the others don't have their say. it's often quite the opposite. A good leader would try to listen to everyone's opinion before deciding on important issues.
It works till too many cooks start to spoil the broth.

the phrase was quite popular among a few current band bashers.
I used the phrase regarding to the scom story that glances at axl's leadership.

I repeat, I don't know if he had the last say on everything then or if he does now. Neither do you.

Umm ... hello?

I'd rather you'd say Bye. I can't believe I'm seeing this dead horse. It's so 2004~ 2005 ish, not to mention it was already irreverent then.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2009, 12:07:26 PM »

I'd rather you'd say Bye.

I'm sure you would. Especially considering I've basically owned you into a hole with nearly every baseless comment that you've made.

No worries though. You're young. There's nothing wrong with being somewhat naive in your youth. I was there once myself. You continue seeing things through your angry, narrow minded perception and I'll continue enjoying what each of the band members have given us so far.

Don't get angry about it. It's "natural" that some of the more opened minded and non-biased fans are able to feel this way.  Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2009, 12:25:30 PM »

Open minded and non-biased....  hihi

And with that, this discussion is over.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: