Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:48:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 66352 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: July 16, 2015, 01:10:23 PM »

SIXX: A.M. To Release Two New Full-Length Albums In 2016 - Plan 24 Month Tour

July 16, 2015

SIXX: A.M., the band featuring M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx alongside guitarist DJ Ashba and vocalist James Michael, completed its first headline tour this past spring, a limited run of North American dates that was a huge success and the catalyst for the group's most prolific period. Nikki explains: "SIXX: A.M. is in the most creative place of our career and we've already completed almost 24 songs to date. We're still on a writing and recording spree and plan on finishing up at least 30 songs total. Volume 1 and Volume 2 of the album have over 22 songs that tie together thematically and sonically. They will not be released at the same time to allow fans to absorb each album to its fullest but both will come out in 2016. This will be tied in with a 24-month world tour. For James, DJ and myself, we think it's the perfect time to release so much quality music to our fans who've been supporting us over the last three albums. We're ready."

Michael adds: "There have been a few moments in SIXX: A.M. 's history that I would consider 'turning points.' When 'Life Is Beautiful' reached the top of the charts, we realized that the three of us had a real chemistry and a knack for writing songs that connected with people. When we recorded 'This Is Gonna Hurt', it became clear that we had created a unique 'sound' that only the three of us together could achieve. But I believe that the most pivotal moment for us came when we set out on our first headlining tour for 'Modern Vintage'. Playing to sold-out audiences every night made it clear that we had finally become a real band. We have now taken that energy and inspiration into the studio as we embark on our most ambitious undertaking... A double album which leaves no stone unturned in our quest to create important music and push the boundaries of rock."

Ashba sums it all up: "Imagine the next two years filled with world tours, meet-and-greets and more new music by SIXX: A.M. than your ears can handle. Well, that's exactly what's going to happen! Nikki, James and myself have all decided to make SIXX: A.M. our main priority! We are on a mission to give our fans even more than they could have hoped for, both musically and visually. Also, we would like to thank you for your patience, your loyalty, and most of all, for turning us into a real band. We'll see you on the road in 2016!"

Speaking to RollingStone.com about SIXX: A.M.'s as-yet-untitled new records, Sixx said: "They'll be companion pieces, named 'Volume One' and 'Volume Two', and they'll come out with a little bit of space between them. Because when a band releases a double album, a lot of times, about halfway through the second record, you say, 'Sounds like they ran out of gas?' So by putting them out separately we'll give the fans time to absorb each one fully. They'll get the first one. They'll stream it. They'll feel it. They'll hear it live. And then it'll be, 'Here comes another one?' "

According to Sixx, the two albums will be linked thematically and sonically, although it is not clear to what extent. "There are tent poles that we're working with, but they could still change," he said. "The one thing I can say is that, in SIXX: A.M., we always connect darkness to light, whether it's something like 'Life Is Beautiful' or 'This is Gonna Hurt', or even 'Stars'. There's a lot about our own experiences in our songs, but there's also always a light at the end of the tunnel, because we've lived through those experiences. And on the new material, those themes are maybe even a little bit heavier."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sixx-a-m-to-release-two-new-full-length-albums-in-2016/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 01:33:29 PM »

SIXX: A.M. To Release Two New Full-Length Albums In 2016 - Plan 24 Month Tour

July 16, 2015

SIXX: A.M., the band featuring M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx alongside guitarist DJ Ashba and vocalist James Michael, completed its first headline tour this past spring, a limited run of North American dates that was a huge success and the catalyst for the group's most prolific period. Nikki explains: "SIXX: A.M. is in the most creative place of our career and we've already completed almost 24 songs to date. We're still on a writing and recording spree and plan on finishing up at least 30 songs total. Volume 1 and Volume 2 of the album have over 22 songs that tie together thematically and sonically. They will not be released at the same time to allow fans to absorb each album to its fullest but both will come out in 2016. This will be tied in with a 24-month world tour. For James, DJ and myself, we think it's the perfect time to release so much quality music to our fans who've been supporting us over the last three albums. We're ready."

Michael adds: "There have been a few moments in SIXX: A.M. 's history that I would consider 'turning points.' When 'Life Is Beautiful' reached the top of the charts, we realized that the three of us had a real chemistry and a knack for writing songs that connected with people. When we recorded 'This Is Gonna Hurt', it became clear that we had created a unique 'sound' that only the three of us together could achieve. But I believe that the most pivotal moment for us came when we set out on our first headlining tour for 'Modern Vintage'. Playing to sold-out audiences every night made it clear that we had finally become a real band. We have now taken that energy and inspiration into the studio as we embark on our most ambitious undertaking... A double album which leaves no stone unturned in our quest to create important music and push the boundaries of rock."

Ashba sums it all up: "Imagine the next two years filled with world tours, meet-and-greets and more new music by SIXX: A.M. than your ears can handle. Well, that's exactly what's going to happen! Nikki, James and myself have all decided to make SIXX: A.M. our main priority! We are on a mission to give our fans even more than they could have hoped for, both musically and visually. Also, we would like to thank you for your patience, your loyalty, and most of all, for turning us into a real band. We'll see you on the road in 2016!"

Speaking to RollingStone.com about SIXX: A.M.'s as-yet-untitled new records, Sixx said: "They'll be companion pieces, named 'Volume One' and 'Volume Two', and they'll come out with a little bit of space between them. Because when a band releases a double album, a lot of times, about halfway through the second record, you say, 'Sounds like they ran out of gas?' So by putting them out separately we'll give the fans time to absorb each one fully. They'll get the first one. They'll stream it. They'll feel it. They'll hear it live. And then it'll be, 'Here comes another one?' "

According to Sixx, the two albums will be linked thematically and sonically, although it is not clear to what extent. "There are tent poles that we're working with, but they could still change," he said. "The one thing I can say is that, in SIXX: A.M., we always connect darkness to light, whether it's something like 'Life Is Beautiful' or 'This is Gonna Hurt', or even 'Stars'. There's a lot about our own experiences in our songs, but there's also always a light at the end of the tunnel, because we've lived through those experiences. And on the new material, those themes are maybe even a little bit heavier."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sixx-a-m-to-release-two-new-full-length-albums-in-2016/

Great news for us folk around here...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 01:35:01 PM »

welp.....

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 01:48:20 PM »

So now we are down to just Richard ?

How is Axl supposed to tour without DJ for the next two years ?

This is so not cool ... As far as an album goes .. I have zero expectations but to know that there seems to be a very minimal chance of Axl touring the next two years ... Well this is terrible ...

Maybe there is a reunion in the works ... We better hope so ... Otherwise we got nothing maybe

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 02:12:33 PM »

Yea, not the best news to hear when Richard and Frank recently stated there are big plans in 2016. Maybe Robin and Bucket would come back for the touring, if touring is in the plans. I would actually really look more forward to that than a reunion. Or perhaps Slash would join the current band for just a tour, that alone would still make a ton of money. Or nothing is set until there is an official announcement from GNR. All we have concrete so far is a special attraction coming in September.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 02:43:45 PM »

DJ seems to be one of the more loyal disciples.  For him to say that his other band is his "main priority" doesn't bode well for the current lineup of GnR. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 02:49:03 PM »

DJ seems to be one of the more loyal disciples.  For him to say that his other band is his "main priority" doesn't bode well for the current lineup of GnR. 

Agreed.

Unless Axl plans on releasing an album with no tour (which i'd gladly sign for )... this is not good in any way shape or form.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 02:59:25 PM »

Well, we are close to a reunion than we ever were!

Eddie Trunk said in his twitter that he thinks reunion will happens, but that?s only his opinion, no fact or inside info. But think about it:

- He?s close with Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy (a lot of info about Alter Bridge and of course SLASH came from schedules of these two)
- He had BFF in his shows a lot of times
- He has a great relationship with Nikk Sixx

So, he probably knows A LOT of what?s going on at backstage, plans, tours, albuns, schedules, etc... Not that he knows for a FACT that something will happen, but he knows more than us, that?s for sure.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 03:54:41 PM »

"main priority" does seem a bit of a concern for Guns fans

"All we need is some clarity, and for someone to tell us what the....is going on!!!"

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 05:17:19 PM »

Well, we are close to a reunion than we ever were!

Eddie Trunk said in his twitter that he thinks reunion will happens, but that?s only his opinion, no fact or inside info. But think about it:

- He?s close with Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy (a lot of info about Alter Bridge and of course SLASH came from schedules of these two)
- He had BFF in his shows a lot of times
- He has a great relationship with Nikk Sixx

So, he probably knows A LOT of what?s going on at backstage, plans, tours, albuns, schedules, etc... Not that he knows for a FACT that something will happen, but he knows more than us, that?s for sure.

Eddie trunk expressed his opinion as a pure fan.If he does know some obscure backstage info ,I'm a million percent sure it's not from the Guns camp.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 05:20:18 PM »

Looks like we'll have a pretty boring GN'R year.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a new album release and just that.No big promotion,no tours,no interviews.
The Axl Rose way we love  Wink

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 10:18:29 PM »

Where is the rest of this thread......

Nobody cares that their favorite bands lead guitar player just committed to being unavailable for two years ?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 10:44:49 PM »

Nope! Not really...That's just fuckin great.  rant
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 11:01:41 PM »

Jarmo: Robin and Axl seem on good terms, he played with them a few years ago, do you think he would return as a touring member of GN'R?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 01:18:45 AM »

Where is the rest of this thread......

Nobody cares that their favorite bands lead guitar player just committed to being unavailable for two years ?

That's a long time
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 03:21:34 AM »

What's the big deal ? So DJ can't tour with Sixx AM from say Feb -June then with Guns Oct- Dec ? If the record comes out in November like Chinese, I don't see why he couldn't tour, with them in the fall/winter.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 05:50:26 AM »

How about this? Nov 2015 release with a blow-out residency in Vegas to promote the album.

Then DJ can focus on his other stuff!

A man can dream!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 07:31:24 AM »

I'm pretty sure if Axl had a plan to drop an album this year & tour the shit out of it next year DJ would not be saying this. I doubt it's a case of him choosing SixxAM over GN'R.

What with Bumblefoot & now this I'm not holding much hope of this supposed "2016" regroup. Although when I spoke to Richard at Download Festival he said 2016 was gonna be a busy year.

Guess we will see.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 07:33:10 AM »

I'm pretty sure if Axl had a plan to drop an album this year & tour the shit out of it next year DJ would not be saying this. I doubt it's a case of him choosing SixxAM over GN'R.

What with Bumblefoot & now this I'm not holding much hope of this supposed "2016" regroup. Although when I spoke to Richard at Download Festival he said 2016 was gonna be a busy year.

Guess we will see.

Read this

What is the current status of GNR. You've said before that there might be plans to record and tour with GNR next year. Is that still happening?

The current state of GNR is pretty up in the air. The last I heard they wanted to finish up the recordings that we have and put them out next year and start touring. But it has been a while since I've heard from anybody in that camp as far as management or Axl. So I really don't know.

Doesnt look like Richard has any clue if 2016 will be busy either.. at least now he's being completely transparent about it.

Btw I agree DJ wouldn't be all on with this other thing if Axl had any plans...so it looks like Axl is packing it in for a while.

http://rock.about.com/od/Interviews/fl/Interview-Richard-Fortus-Talks-Guns-N-Roses-and-The-Dead-Daisies.htm
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:46:38 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 08:27:48 AM »

He also said there's a lot of stuff recorded that's in the can. So GNR likes November releases, November 2016 is a ways away. So technically they could start touring in the fall of 2016 in the U.S. like in 2006 and 2011.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: