Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:30:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 66353 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 08:33:02 AM »

He also said there's a lot of stuff recorded that's in the can. So GNR likes November releases, November 2016 is a ways away. So technically they could start touring in the fall of 2016 in the U.S. like in 2006 and 2011.

DJ said they'd tour these two SIXXAM records solid for 24 months.. so lets say they start in a couple months.. then he wouldn't really be fully available until almost January 2018

However DJ is known to spew nonsense about GNR plans, so maybe this is all nonsense as well.  ok

We have known "there are songs in THE CAN" for going on two decades... so Richard stating that is truly meaningless.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:50:58 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 08:48:03 AM »

I'm pretty sure if Axl had a plan to drop an album this year & tour the shit out of it next year DJ would not be saying this. I doubt it's a case of him choosing SixxAM over GN'R.

What with Bumblefoot & now this I'm not holding much hope of this supposed "2016" regroup. Although when I spoke to Richard at Download Festival he said 2016 was gonna be a busy year.

Guess we will see.

Read this

What is the current status of GNR. You've said before that there might be plans to record and tour with GNR next year. Is that still happening?

The current state of GNR is pretty up in the air. The last I heard they wanted to finish up the recordings that we have and put them out next year and start touring. But it has been a while since I've heard from anybody in that camp as far as management or Axl. So I really don't know.

Doesnt look like Richard has any clue if 2016 will be busy either.. at least now he's being completely transparent about it.

Btw I agree DJ wouldn't be all on with this other thing if Axl had any plans...so it looks like Axl is packing it in for a while.

http://rock.about.com/od/Interviews/fl/Interview-Richard-Fortus-Talks-Guns-N-Roses-and-The-Dead-Daisies.htm

Wow..this is not looking good!

It does seem weird that nobody has heard from management or Axl. Those retirement rumours during Vegas 14 keep coming to mind.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:51:06 AM by reayj2003 » Logged
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2015, 09:22:58 AM »

I'm pretty sure if Axl had a plan to drop an album this year & tour the shit out of it next year DJ would not be saying this. I doubt it's a case of him choosing SixxAM over GN'R.

What with Bumblefoot & now this I'm not holding much hope of this supposed "2016" regroup. Although when I spoke to Richard at Download Festival he said 2016 was gonna be a busy year.

Guess we will see.

Read this

What is the current status of GNR. You've said before that there might be plans to record and tour with GNR next year. Is that still happening?

The current state of GNR is pretty up in the air. The last I heard they wanted to finish up the recordings that we have and put them out next year and start touring. But it has been a while since I've heard from anybody in that camp as far as management or Axl. So I really don't know.

Doesnt look like Richard has any clue if 2016 will be busy either.. at least now he's being completely transparent about it.

Btw I agree DJ wouldn't be all on with this other thing if Axl had any plans...so it looks like Axl is packing it in for a while.

http://rock.about.com/od/Interviews/fl/Interview-Richard-Fortus-Talks-Guns-N-Roses-and-The-Dead-Daisies.htm

Wow..this is not looking good!

It does seem weird that nobody has heard from management or Axl. Those retirement rumours during Vegas 14 keep coming to mind.

Agree.  DJ's comments and Richard's comments do not paint a good picture...and that's not me being negative, that's me having a basic level of reading comprehension.

To summarize: lead guitarist, about to embark on a multi-album, two-year world tour with another band that is his main priority.  Other guitarist, literally has no idea what's next, and hasn't heard anything from management or Axl.  Oh, and then there's Bumble's...his status is murky at best.   
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 09:46:06 AM »

This really should come as no surprise. Can?t sit on material for years upon years and expect your ?bandmates? to remain engaged.
That said, I can think of worse things than losing DJ?s full commitment. Guns N? Roses are no strangers to turnover in personnel, so maybe this opens the door for a better fit, or higher caliber talent.
Perhaps an infusion of new blood could provide the spark Axl needs to get things moving. Granted we thought/hoped that may be the case when DJ arrived on the scene, and the past 20+ years have shown us that Axl is very much set in his ways, but who knows. It?s quite obvious that inspiration doesn?t come easy to him these days. Not to put the blame on anyone else, as Axl is the leader and made his own bed(not his real bed, I?m sure someone else does that), but perhaps his lack of inspiration stems from the personnel surrounding him.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 09:51:18 AM »

This really should come as no surprise. Can?t sit on material for years upon years and expect your ?bandmates? to remain engaged.
That said, I can think of worse things than losing DJ?s full commitment. Guns N? Roses are no strangers to turnover in personnel, so maybe this opens the door for a better fit, or higher caliber talent.
Perhaps an infusion of new blood could provide the spark Axl needs to get things moving. Granted we thought/hoped that may be the case when DJ arrived on the scene, and the past 20+ years have shown us that Axl is very much set in his ways, but who knows. It?s quite obvious that inspiration doesn?t come easy to him these days. Not to put the blame on anyone else, as Axl is the leader and made his own bed(not his real bed, I?m sure someone else does that), but perhaps his lack of inspiration stems from the personnel surrounding him.

This is simply untrue. Axl has spoken about how inspiring he finds the current line up. Once again I'd say this change of heart from DJ can only be due to circumstance not as a slight against Axl & GN'R.

It's baffling why things are at a standstill. Looking at Axl's last interview with Revolver my only guess is the label is not playing ball.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 09:54:45 AM »

This is simply untrue. Axl has spoken about how inspiring he finds the current line up. Once again I'd say this change of heart from DJ can only be due to circumstance not as a slight against Axl & GN'R.

It's baffling why things are at a standstill. Looking at Axl's last interview with Revolver my only guess is the label is not playing ball.

Ahhhh the old it's the labels fault theory !

I don't ever remember Axl saying how inspiring he finds the last lineup.. maybe the easiest for him to get a long with, but certainly not inspiring in terms of creating new music... because they haven't done much of that.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 10:46:51 AM »

And around we go. Obviously not "great" news for "current" GNR going forward. To be as optimistic as possible, it's possible DJ could tour with Sixx AM, and in his downtime tour with GNR. I doubt Sixx AM would tour for 2 full years without any breaks. Of course the scheduling would have to work out perfectly, and if they are serious about an intensive 2 year tour, GNR's dates with DJ would be few and far between.

I'm of the opinion that DJ probably talked to Axl before he made this decision. If the plan was to go full throttle forward with Guns, I doubt he would've made this choice. Maybe he feels he can juggle the 2, or that his commitments in GNR are minimal, so it allows him to focus his attention to his other band. Obviously with Motley Cr?e hanging it up, Nikki Sixx is freed up, so it makes sense for them to focus their attention. They've done pretty well with Sixx AM as a side project. I'm sure they're excited to see what hey can do making it their main priority.

Maybe Axl doesn't feel like doing anything with Guns at this time or for the foreseeable future. Or maybe he has alternative plans. Maybe past members will re-enter the fold. There's also the chance they could release another album without touring like they did last time, but that doesn't seem like the best method.

I hate to sound pessimistic about the future, but based on what we've seen I'd give the highest odds to more inactivity. We'll see what happens next. A few days ago there were thoughts of a Vegas residency in 2 months. Now the popular opinion is Guns will be shelved for the next 2 years minimum. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2015, 10:52:24 AM »

And around we go. Obviously not "great" news for "current" GNR going forward. To be as optimistic as possible, it's possible DJ could tour with Sixx AM, and in his downtime tour with GNR. I doubt Sixx AM would tour for 2 full years without any breaks. Of course the scheduling would have to work out perfectly, and if they are serious about an intensive 2 year tour, GNR's dates with DJ would be few and far between.

I'm of the opinion that DJ probably talked to Axl before he made this decision. If the plan was to go full throttle forward with Guns, I doubt he would've made this choice. Maybe he feels he can juggle the 2, or that his commitments in GNR are minimal, so it allows him to focus his attention to his other band. Obviously with Motley Cr?e hanging it up, Nikki Sixx is freed up, so it makes sense for them to focus their attention. They've done pretty well with Sixx AM as a side project. I'm sure they're excited to see what hey can do making it their main priority.

Maybe Axl doesn't feel like doing anything with Guns at this time or for the foreseeable future. Or maybe he has alternative plans. Maybe past members will re-enter the fold. There's also the chance they could release another album without touring like they did last time, but that doesn't seem like the best method.

I hate to sound pessimistic about the future, but based on what we've seen I'd give the highest odds to more inactivity. We'll see what happens next. A few days ago there were thoughts of a Vegas residency in 2 months. Now the popular opinion is Guns will be shelved for the next 2 years minimum. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

You're absolutely right...it's a lot of maybes.  If only there was a way that things could be cleared up...someone should very seriously look at what to do in that regard.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2015, 11:02:08 AM »

What is there to clear up? Guns N Roses since 1998 has been Axl Rose and his various employees. Guns N Roses today is Axl Rose. Guaranteed no one is under contract right now and they are free to do what they want. On the Gnr front, there is no tour dates scheduled and there isn't a release date for a new album. Have a good weekend. ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2015, 11:29:42 AM »

What is there to clear up? Guns N Roses since 1998 has been Axl Rose and his various employees. Guns N Roses today is Axl Rose. Guaranteed no one is under contract right now and they are free to do what they want. On the Gnr front, there is no tour dates scheduled and there isn't a release date for a new album. Have a good weekend. ok

Only speaking for myself... I had higher hopes than this considering Axl's statements in his interview he gave.

As Faldor said... anything is possible going forward, just bummed to hear nothing is close to imminent.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 11:41:27 AM »

^^Couldnt agree more.

Seems difficult to put a positive spin on this

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 01:08:06 PM »

DJ said they'd tour these two SIXXAM records solid for 24 months.. so lets say they start in a couple months.. then he wouldn't really be fully available until almost January 2018

Nikki Sixx said when the final Motley Crue show on Dec. 31st was over, he was taking a month off, then they would start the Sixx:A.M. tour.  So DJ won't be available until at least February 2018. Undecided

However DJ is known to spew nonsense about GNR plans, so maybe this is all nonsense as well.  ok

Yeah, but Nikki has said the same thing.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 01:10:45 PM »

Who here believes Sixx: A.M. can tour constantly for 24 consecutive months?

Some are quick to not believe what Dj says about GN'R, but when he's with Nikki talking about Sixx: A.M. people believe every single word?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 01:22:55 PM »

Some are quick to not believe what Dj says about GN'R, but when he's with Nikki talking about Sixx: A.M. people believe every single word?

/jarmo

Well I did point out that he has been proven to speak falsehoods about GNR and that's WHY people don'e believe what he says about GNR, because he has been proven to be wrong more than once.

It's a bold statement to make by him. Even if he's just hopeful his band can pull it off...doesn't bode well for what he thinks is going to happen with GNR any time soon... and that's all most of us care about.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:24:56 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 01:23:31 PM »

Nikki Sixx said when the final Motley Crue show on Dec. 31st was over, he was taking a month off, then they would start the Sixx:A.M. tour.  So DJ won't be available until at least February 2018. Undecided

Yeah, but Nikki has said the same thing.

Yup, Nikki saying it does bring more credibility.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 01:24:28 PM »

Dj and Nikki Sixx seem to think so.

Ashba sums it all up: "Imagine the next two years filled with world tours, meet-and-greets and more new music by SIXX: A.M. than your ears can handle. Well, that's exactly what's going to happen!"

Nikki Sixx: "This will be tied in with a 24-month world tour."

The difference is...DJ has been saying the same things about GN'R for years and they never happen.  

Sixx:A.M. has been releasing new music and just did an abbreviated tour.  Now that Motley Crue will be done soon, when they say they will finish the Modern Vintage tour followed by a release of 2 new albums, then tour the new material, it's believable.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2015, 01:29:38 PM »

Ok......

How will they find time or their other projects if they'll be on tour for 24 months then?
Doesn't Nikki have his stuff and Dj has his?

I'm sure this is a minor issue and they'll really be on the road for 24 months without any breaks....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2015, 01:30:42 PM »

/jarmo

We're quick not to believe what he says about Guns because (a) what he says has proven to not happen and (b) we all know that every decision lives and dies with Axl, so it's irrelevant what he (or any other band member) says because the buck starts and stops with Axl.  

Regarding Sixx: AM, arguably he has a bit more control in the direction/decisions of that band.  Hence, his comments are given more credibility.  
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2015, 01:38:12 PM »

Ok......

How will they find time or their other projects if they'll be on tour for 24 months then?
Doesn't Nikki have his stuff and Dj has his?

I'm sure this is a minor issue and they'll really be on the road for 24 months without any breaks....

I'm sure they could build in time to take care of their businesses, in between legs of the tour.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2015, 01:49:54 PM »

Well, this is certainly discouraging news.

What a "band" we follow around here, huh?  Jesus Christ.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: