Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:06:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 66357 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #360 on: July 25, 2015, 03:33:58 PM »

Coma, very well said. The only thing I disagree with is the use of the R word. I have a disability and trying to change the way people think about people with disabilities. Otherwise very well said.

Good luck with that.  I know your thinking with a good heart, but it just ain't realistic. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #361 on: July 25, 2015, 04:23:14 PM »

Coma, very well said. The only thing I disagree with is the use of the R word. I have a disability and trying to change the way people think about people with disabilities. Otherwise very well said.

Like I said, I hate it too. I have a family member with Downs Syndrome so I hate to use it... but unfortunately it is 30+ years of using it before the word took a different meaning for me so unfortunately it still holds a place in my vocabulary. I read it a dozen or so times before I posted it and should have changed the word, but unfortunately I kept it because at the same time the word has a meaning that while associated with doesn't actually mean 'developmentally disabled' etc... Like Fire Retardant she is message board fun retardant.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #362 on: July 25, 2015, 06:25:30 PM »

Good luck with that.  I know your thinking with a good heart, but it just ain't realistic. 

Not to stray too far from the topic, but why do you think that?  Things have changed in the last 25 years since the ADA came into existence. Things still need to be done. Look at the LBGT community and how far  they came.  The way things can change are by words being used along with seeing someone like me succeeding in life.

A disability affects everyone at some point in her/his lifetime if you live long enough. It can also happen within seconds. That's why it's in everyone interest to change the perception since you never know what can happen in life.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #363 on: July 25, 2015, 06:27:10 PM »

Like I said, I hate it too. I have a family member with Downs Syndrome so I hate to use it... but unfortunately it is 30+ years of using it before the word took a different meaning for me so unfortunately it still holds a place in my vocabulary. I read it a dozen or so times before I posted it and should have changed the word, but unfortunately I kept it because at the same time the word has a meaning that while associated with doesn't actually mean 'developmentally disabled' etc... Like Fire Retardant she is message board fun retardant.

lol. I hear ya.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #364 on: July 25, 2015, 07:12:06 PM »

There are severe extremists on both sides around here ...

I wish they'd all mellow out ... If not at least not be complete assholes to other posters.

There's only one person here motherfucking someone on their second post.  Welcome to the Jungle...

It's well known that she is an aggressive over the top poster who shouts down anyone who disagrees with her.
She must be a delight to be around in real life  Wink
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #365 on: July 25, 2015, 07:29:18 PM »

I wish they'd all mellow out ... If not at least not be complete assholes to other posters.

There's only one person here motherfucking someone on their second post.  Welcome to the Jungle...

It's well known that she is an aggressive over the top poster who shouts down anyone who disagrees with her.
She must be a delight to be around in real life  Wink

I'm far from a well-known anything, you must have me confused with someone else.

Discuss the topic and not the other members, unless that is why you signed up.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #366 on: July 25, 2015, 07:33:24 PM »

When that poster is focusing on me, and hurling a personal attack with every post, I will return fire.

It would be nice if everyone discussed the topic and not the other members.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #367 on: July 25, 2015, 07:37:40 PM »

If "fun" to you is being able to get away with lies and posting mistruths about GNR, then I guess that is true.

I don't think the R word should be used, it has heavy connotations and it offends many.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #368 on: July 25, 2015, 07:50:18 PM »

Regarding the argument that some fans are sheep... It goes both ways.

Some won't like or approve anything the band says or does, because they don't want to.
It's not something that's admitted or even acknowledged, but the bias is there....

In other words, if you like what the band does and so on, welcome.  ok

/jarmo

I totally agree it goes both ways. In fact there are probably more 'Axl can do no right' people than there are 'Axl can do no wrong people', which may effect the 'ferocity' of the Axl can do no wrong people... but one specific member of the later category is intolerable (I'm sure I am too  ok ). The original point of the topic is DJ making Sixx AM his priority and releasing 2 albums along with a 48 month world tour... So in comes the speculation of what that means to Guns N' Roses, my opinion (not fact Emily) is that it isn't necessarily a good thing because of past examples where members in this band have left after long breaks where they attached themselves to another band (see Robin, Josh Freese, even Duff in the late 90's). In comes certain 'Axl can do no wrong' team members with "Prove It!". I can't prove speculation and opinion because I am not clairvoyant, however in comes the same group spouting off two things like they are fact... 1. There is no way Sixx AM tours that long or aggressively 2. Guns N' Roses are on some official hiatus... Both of those statements are the same level of speculation and opinion that I and others used to say DJ leaving is bad... but because mine somehow painted Axl in a bad light she starts the attack.

I don't see how it has to be a one way or another... You can like the man, you can like the music, but you can disagree with some decisions and agree with others.

When this band is quiet with official info, but band members are talking we should be able to talk about it without someone just jumping in an parroting, 'But Axl didn't tell us that!'

I usually sit back and just read the threads here... I try to stay away from the bickering about set lists when they are touring, and usually stay away from the never ending favorite track from each album threads. However this is the interesting stuff to talk about where I jump in... Speculating on how this effects song writing, touring, releases, new members, etc... then seeing how it all comes to fruition. Then in comes a certain someone to ruin the discussion... She has 700+ posts in like 18 months, I wonder how many are just intended to be thread busters...

Yes, because Hanoi Rocks are in the same relative ball park as the two members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that you just lumped them in with. Sorry about the HOF reference I know that is a sore subject with you all...
Wrong again, don't you get tired of lying?

The HOF doesn't affect my life one way or another, I'm glad Axl, Izzy and Dizzy pulled a no-show to that insider circle jerk celebration. Jann Wenner is a douche,  RS magazine is increasingly a waste of time.

Any other accusations or assumptions you want to be mistaken about? You aren't chalking up a very good record of accuracy today.   hihi

Emily what did I say there that is wrong? MY OPINION (DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?!?!) is that you can't honestly use Hanoi Rocks in the same sentence as Elton John or Queen. I then used the HOF as a point of reference, while not perfect, no matter who ran it to how induction happened (MY OPINION) is the Hanoi Rocks (while a huge influence on this band) would not sniff a hall of fame of any kind. If I took an informal poll of people who aren't a fan of this band, most of them would have no idea who Hanoi Rocks or Michael Monroe are. However there would be a nearly 100% of the polled that would know Elton John and Queen. Which goes to my point that there are at least a subset of people who went out and bought all of their (Hanoi Rocks) albums just because of Axl (again my opinion, not scientific fact). You also sort of made my point with everything you said after 'The HOF doesn't affect my life one way or another'... just saying  ok

Not sure though what I said that you have somehow proven wrong... hence why I stand by my claim that you are delusional.

One other quick opinion, I agree that if he didn't agree with the HOF ceremony and selection process he shouldn't have attended. However for the people who let the media's overall negative view of Axl and the new band make their blood boil, it's things like the HOF boycott that don't help him. You can't have it both ways, he either plays along and gets praise or he takes his toys, goes home, and gets the backlash.

I certainly can put Hanoi Rocks, Elton and queen in the same sentence as bands who I have followed, own albums and attended shows. As far as popularity goes, anyone knows the stats on that.

I honestly think you are backtracking here, trying to cover up your little mistakes-

You stated yesterday that Ashba wrote ALL the songs on Sixx AM, I proved you wrong.

You insinuated that RRHOF was some sensitive subject, when it is far from the truth. I am glad Axl, Izzy, and Dizzy chose not to attend that ridiculous charade.

Honestly the online forums, and associated trolls and cyberbullies make up a minority of the entire fan base, you give them far too much relevance and credit when you speak of the backlash, or blood boiling etc.

There will, unfortunately always be nerdy kids that don't attend shows and flock online to complain, gripe and moan.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:11:48 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #369 on: July 25, 2015, 08:02:25 PM »

When that poster is focusing on me, and hurling a personal attack with every post, I will return fire.

Go back and read my first post missy. What personal attack have I "hurled" at you? Are you psychotic?
Then re-read your response.
If anyone was attacking it was you. It's fairly obvious that my first post which set you off on this course hit a nerve. How dare someone who's only made 2 posts question the all knowing Emily!
And yes, you are regarded in a certain way on here by a lot of regulars, regardless of whether you agree or not.

Now... As you say... Let's try yo stay on topic shall we? This is getting boring now
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #370 on: July 25, 2015, 08:17:13 PM »

Go back and read my first post missy. What personal attack have I "hurled" at you? Are you psychotic?
Then re-read your response.
If anyone was attacking it was you. It's fairly obvious that my first post which set you off on this course hit a nerve. How dare someone who's only made 2 posts question the all knowing Emily!
And yes, you are regarded in a certain way on here by a lot of regulars, regardless of whether you agree or not.

Now... As you say... Let's try yo stay on topic shall we? This is getting boring now

No, I noted your immediate willingness to jump into the frey, so I countered your arguments, sorry you took it personally
are you psychotic?

My name is not Missy, Buddy.

I honestly dont care what a bunch of faceless, anonymous internet posters supposedly think, I doubt many think at all.
It is special that you think you are their spokesman, delusions of grandeur much?

You know nothing about me except what I type here, I suggest you stay on topic.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:25:23 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #371 on: July 25, 2015, 08:30:27 PM »

Jump into the "frey"Huh  Roll Eyes

I think you mean fray?  Tongue

The tone of my initial post was there for all to see, and to spell it out for you seeing as though you're too dense to figure it out, it certainly wasn't attacking in any sense! What set you on the course for this thread was calling me "Mr 2 post wonder" lol

How dare someone with a meagre post count of 2 try to engage the all knowing highly educated Emily who's the number 1 cheer leader for all things Axl?Huh

Anyway, as others have said stick to the topic, no one wants to read this bickering anymore.

Comprende??
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #372 on: July 25, 2015, 08:37:21 PM »

The tone of my initial post was there for all to see, and to spell it out for you seeing as though you're too dense to figure it out, it certainly wasn't attacking in any sense! What set you on the course for this thread was calling me "Mr 2 post wonder" lol

How dare someone with a meagre post count of 2 try to engage the all knowing highly educated Emily who's the number 1 cheer leader for all things Axl?Huh

Anyway, as others have said stick to the topic, no one wants to read this bickering anymore.

Comprende??

Typo- I'm on mobile, the meaning was clear.

I countered your argument, if you take it personally it is your problem not mine.

Never stated nor insinuated that I was "great, infallible etc" nice strawman concoction.

There is no shame in being intelligent.

All opinions are my own, they are my sincere thoughts and opinions, I am no sort of cheerleader for anyone but I am very pro- GNR. They get a lot of undeserved hate imo.

I would suggest you get on topic, pronto, second time I've said this.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:42:57 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #373 on: July 25, 2015, 08:40:12 PM »

Not to stray too far from the topic, but why do you think that?  Things have changed in the last 25 years since the ADA came into existence. Things still need to be done. Look at the LBGT community and how far  they came.  The way things can change are by words being used along with seeing someone like me succeeding in life.

A disability affects everyone at some point in her/his lifetime if you live long enough. It can also happen within seconds. That's why it's in everyone interest to change the perception since you never know what can happen in life.

There will always be a name for something...there has to be.  Fag was appropriate, then people complained.  It was even used in songs by GNR and also Dire Straits.   That turned into queer, people eventually complained.  Now people complain about the term gay.  Gay will turn into something else.  The names will change, but the negative connotation will always be there with some word.  Mainly because of teenagers.  But also in the movies.  Comedies aren't going to stop using words with negative connotations, because simply put...they are funny sometimes when they aren't directed at real people in real life.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:41:42 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #374 on: July 25, 2015, 09:05:54 PM »

I honestly think you are backtracking here, trying to cover up your little mistakes-

You stated yesterday that Ashba wrote ALL the songs on Sixx AM, I proved you wrong.

You insinuated that RRHOF was some sensitive subject, when it is far from the truth. I am glad Axl, Izzy, and Dizzy chose not to attend that ridiculous charade.

Honestly the online forums, and associated trolls and cyberbullies make up a minority of the entire fan base, you give them far too much relevance and credit when you speak of the backlash, or blood boiling etc.

There will, unfortunately always be nerdy kids that don't attend shows and flock online to complain, gripe and moan.

How exactly did you prove me wrong on the song writing, I said he wrote everything... and technically I was accurate, he has song writing credits on nearly all of their songs... sure he's not the sole songwriter, but that was never what I said. You just attached yourself to the littlest thing that you think gets you leverage in an argument.

As far as the HOF, for someone who doesn't care, you went off on Jan....
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #375 on: July 25, 2015, 09:12:39 PM »

Comprende??

I countered your argument, if you take it personally it is your problem not mine.

Never stated nor insinuated that I was "great, infallible etc" nice strawman concoction.

All opinions are my own, they are my sincere thoughts and opinions, I am no sort of cheerleader for anyone but I am very pro- GNR. They get a lot of undeserved hate imo.

I'd suggest you get on topic and stop with the threats too.
Works both ways.
You've been told already that no one wants to read this dribble so cut it out.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #376 on: July 25, 2015, 09:28:53 PM »

How exactly did you prove me wrong on the song writing, I said he wrote everything... and technically I was accurate, he has song writing credits on nearly all of their songs... sure he's not the sole songwriter, but that was never what I said. You just attached yourself to the littlest thing that you think gets you leverage in an argument.

As far as the HOF, for someone who doesn't care, you went off on Jan....

No, you said he wrote ALL the music for Sixx AM, since I provided evidence that that wasn't true and that the other two members have credit as well, you were clearly wrong.

I haven't been a fan of Jann Wenner, RS Magazine or any associated projects since the 90's.  How many more times do I have to state that I was very glad that Axl, Izzy, and Dizzy chose not to participate in this Good ol' boy farce?

I can post some very enlightening details about the RRHOF if you really want to pursue this topic, and why I consider the RRHOF corrupt and worthless.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/03/10/rock-hall-shame.html

https://soulsanctuarymusic.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/kiss-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-is-tainted-corrupted-and-distorted/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/12/19/the-great-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-swindle.html

http://superiorshit.blogspot.com/2013/07/jann-wenner-and-why-rock-roll-hall-of.html?m=1
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 10:10:29 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #377 on: July 25, 2015, 09:31:28 PM »

Comprende??

I'd suggest you get on topic and stop with the threats too.
Works both ways.
You've been told already that no one wants to read this dribble so cut it out.

Nobody has made a single "threat" more delusionary nonsense.

Last time I checked  you don't run this forum, so I'm disinclined to pay any attention to your little demands or warnings troll.  hihi
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 09:37:02 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #378 on: July 26, 2015, 12:37:22 AM »

Crystal clear to me... DJ is the same guy where ever he is. In fact one of the arguments that you GnR truthers like to spout off is that Axl is writing new music and he hired DJ to write with him (I can't prove they aren't after all, right?). He writes everything in SixxAM, do you think his GnR output is going to be drastically different? Look at Slash, whether you want to admit it or not a lot of what he writes (like Fall to Pieces, or even Anastasia) sounds like old school GnR, how will that change with DJ? His solo that everyone gets wet over prior to SCOM sounds just like SixxAM.

You either like his guitar playing and general vibe or you don't (unless you feel Axl makes everything better).

Emily,

This is exactly what I said, he has writing credits on every song (except maybe 2 or 3), so how is that statement in accurate. Would you say Axl writes everything in gnr? I would... but other people get writing credits.

Still don't see my lying you are claiming.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #379 on: July 26, 2015, 02:37:12 AM »

Crystal clear to me... DJ is the same guy where ever he is. In fact one of the arguments that you GnR truthers like to spout off is that Axl is writing new music and he hired DJ to write with him (I can't prove they aren't after all, right?). He writes everything in SixxAM, do you think his GnR output is going to be drastically different? Look at Slash, whether you want to admit it or not a lot of what he writes (like Fall to Pieces, or even Anastasia) sounds like old school GnR, how will that change with DJ? His solo that everyone gets wet over prior to SCOM sounds just like SixxAM.

You either like his guitar playing and general vibe or you don't (unless you feel Axl makes everything better).

Emily,

This is exactly what I said, he has writing credits on every song (except maybe 2 or 3), so how is that statement in accurate. Would you say Axl writes everything in gnr? I would... but other people get writing credits.

Still don't see my lying you are claiming.

Here is your post excerpt- You clearly claim that he writes "everything" in Sixx AM, which is not true. You also insinuated that the RRHOF was some sort of "sore subject" with  "you all" and it is not an issue at all with me.

" DJ is the same guy where ever he is. . He writes everything in SixxAM, do you think his GnR output is going to be drastically different? "

Here are the credits on Modern Vintage:

Credits
DJ Ashba
Composer, Group Member, Guitar, Guitar (Rhythm)
P.R. Brown
Design, Photography
Blair Daly
Composer
Dave Donnelly
Mastering
Jeff Fabb
Drums
James Michael
Composer, Engineer, Group Member, Guitar, Keyboards, Mixing, Producer, Vocals
Ric Ocasek
Composer
Sixx: A.M.
Primary Artist
Nikki Sixx
Bass, Composer, Group Member

http://www.allmusic.com/album/modern-vintage-mw0002718137

Here is your quote about the RRHOF-

quote author=C0ma link=topic=66328.msg1390207#msg1390207 date=1437796649]

Yes, because Hanoi Rocks are in the same relative ball park as the two members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that you just lumped them in with. Sorry about the HOF reference I know that is a sore subject with you all...
[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 02:46:42 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: