Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:53:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.  (Read 65476 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2015, 05:56:20 AM »

100% with Eddie in this one.
It?s simple: Not true? Just come and says "that?s not happening".

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2015, 06:49:27 AM »

Eddie tells us to wait for real news and writes a news story based on no news. hihi

Yeah, it's common sense what he says and that's why many have already figured it out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2015, 07:25:57 AM »

A rumor and opinion news blog made to discuss other rumor and opinion news blogs, and some people are impressed that he is stating the obvious?  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2015, 08:58:14 AM »

It's obvious to us - we've spent the last however many months discussing it all in detail on here.  People who've just seen some of these articles on clickbait site?  They need told the obvious things.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2015, 09:04:04 AM »

Eddie Trunk is a name dropper and hypocrite. Just a few years ago he "reported" on his show that he heard there were 2 contracts available for GNR, current and "classic" lineups, regarding festivals..Is that much if any different to the current rumors going around? The post was long winded, because Eddie Trunk had to mention his industry ties and relationships with band members...Overall I enjoy his shows but find him annoying as he is his biggest fan...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 09:04:42 AM »

Eddie tells us to wait for real news and writes a news story based on no news. hihi

Yeah, it's common sense what he says and that's why many have already figured it out.

/jarmo

Very well put Jarmo...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2015, 09:09:43 AM »

After reading this now I really feel for Axl. The por guy worked his ass off against all odds to make a new band and CD. And at the end of the day all he got was a bunch of guys asking Eddie Trunk about the second leg of a reunion tour

Its a tough spot, no question about it.

But you know what?  Maybe this was just never going to work.  While I have been critical about just how hard he really tried to give this relaunch the best shot, in the back of my mind I've never been able to shake the notion that the whole never had a real shot at success with the public.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 09:11:49 AM »

I do get the argument from some that Axl might be staying silent until he has an alternative ready to go before going public about these reunion rumors being bullshit. If that's the case. But on the other hand you have (as Eddie says) Duff and Slash playing the silent game as well... Quite peculiar.

Sake of argument, let's say he really has been hard at work on the new album and putting together a new line-up.

Would Slash and Duff be receptive to agreeing to stay quiet until he's ready to roll?  I don't know.  What's really in that for them?

And as we've said many times, after all this rumor and conjecture, Axl re-emerging with yet another new line-up of replacement guys might not land.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 10:02:22 AM »

Sake of argument, let's say he really has been hard at work on the new album and putting together a new line-up.

Would Slash and Duff be receptive to agreeing to stay quiet until he's ready to roll?  I don't know.  What's really in that for them?

If there's no truth to the reunion rumors, I would have to say it's pure coincidence that they are all staying quiet now.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 10:07:44 AM »

Maybe our timeline is all wrong.

Most of the talk seems to put things in the "finishing touches" stage of the game.  What is these talks haven't been going on all that long?

As is often pointed out to me, I have no clue what Axl has been doing with his time in calendar 2015.  Is it possible after taking a long time to decide how to proceed, he only started really entertaining this reunion talk more recently?

I just can't believe these contracts and all thee terms could be quite this complicated, to necessitate haggling for 6-8 months over them.  I also don't know if that's great news.  If this is being negotiated in that manner, doesn't that suggest the whole thing would be pretty fragile?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 10:19:13 AM »

I do get the argument from some that Axl might be staying silent until he has an alternative ready to go before going public about these reunion rumors being bullshit. If that's the case. But on the other hand you have (as Eddie says) Duff and Slash playing the silent game as well... Quite peculiar.

And as we've said many times, after all this rumor and conjecture, Axl re-emerging with yet another new line-up of replacement guys might not land.

I think Slash and Duff have made it clear over the years that they would love to "do GNR" again. For a variety of reasons... the money, the exposure, that it would just feel good to be in "their band" again. (before anybody gets upset, I mean that they view it as their band)

So if acquiescing to certain things to make it happen are part of the deal (such as remaining silent now)... then they will deal with it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 10:23:30 AM »

whats in it for them to be quiet, for one thing, could be that he would only agree to do it if they stayed quiet. it could be part of the agreement. it could be a coincidence, but if you throw their supposedly improved relaionships into the mix, i think it gives the coincidence angle less credibility. if theyre on decent terms, maybe theyve at least discussed whats been going on. then again, who knows.

as for a new line up not landing after the reunion talk, im not sure that would matter too much. maybe to hardcore fans, but to the public at large, im not sure if theyd even notice if bumble/dj were replaced with new guys if the reunion didnt happen. i think the focus would just be that the reunion wasnt happening. any details after that would be kind of moot for them i think.

(jaeball beat me to it on the what theyd have to gain by remaining silent thing)

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2015, 10:28:05 AM »

Yeah, when I think it's a coincidence, I base that on the whole thing being bullshit, that Axl and Slash haven't even spoken together.

If there've been talks, but nothing is confirmed, they have probably all agreed to stay quiet for now.

Sweetness is a virtue
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 10:36:46 AM »

It's obvious to us - we've spent the last however many months discussing it all in detail on here.  People who've just seen some of these articles on clickbait site?  They need told the obvious things.

Guess Eddie Trunk is filling that gap. Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Princess Leia
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2015, 10:55:37 AM »

Maybe our timeline is all wrong.

Most of the talk seems to put things in the "finishing touches" stage of the game.  What is these talks haven't been going on all that long?

As is often pointed out to me, I have no clue what Axl has been doing with his time in calendar 2015.  Is it possible after taking a long time to decide how to proceed, he only started really entertaining this reunion talk more recently?

I just can't believe these contracts and all thee terms could be quite this complicated, to necessitate haggling for 6-8 months over them.  I also don't know if that's great news.  If this is being negotiated in that manner, doesn't that suggest the whole thing would be pretty fragile?

If I remember corectly it was Trunk himself last year who sort of started the whole thing. He said he had sources telling him that a reunion was put in motion. That one went away rather quickly.

Then we got the news of BBF and DJ leaving the band. Later Slash said in an interview that his relationship with Axl was better. It was a serious of events that got us at this stage.

Now due to the storm of rumors Trunk has been asked by fans. They guy came up with this article for everyone to see as an answer to all the people asking him. He is not going to answer to every single one of them.

I do think negotiation could be complicated depending of the character of things that are being negotiated. If they plan a one off show, yeah that easy. But if they meant a long term partnership, albums, tours, DVDs, etc. Well that?s a lot  more complex
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 11:03:53 AM »

I do think negotiation could be complicated depending of the character of things that are being negotiated. If they plan a one off show, yeah that easy. But if they meant a long term partnership, albums, tours, DVDs, etc. Well that?s a lot  more complex

Here is my concern.

The more we talk about how detailed the contracts have to be, all the details (big and small) that need to be agreed to...does that bolster or hurt the argument that this is something they really want to do?  Does that suggest a lack of trust?

I guess I'm asking how much of a strict business endeavor this would all be, as opposed to the more emotional guys wanted one final run on top with each other.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2015, 11:12:42 AM »

Eddie Trunk fueled a lot of gossip in Sept 2014 when he said on his Podcast that he heard "things had been set into motion" (for a reunion).

He also talked about it in his August podcast this year, saying Bumblefoot and Ashba leaving have nothing to do with this, he asked Slash for an interview to address the situation and his manager stated that this entire thing has been blown out of proportion and Slash was laying low and not taking interviews then.

it's been a LOOOOOONG time since i've seen an honest/un-slanted pov re: the state of gnr in mainstream media.

"Shut the fuck up."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2015, 11:16:16 AM »

Can anyone picture the scene of Axl, Slash, and Duff all up on a dais, chuckling about how they had to pretty much play everybody all this time?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2015, 11:20:02 AM »

Can anyone picture the scene of Axl, Slash, and Duff all up on a dais, chuckling about how they had to pretty much play everybody all this time?

Haha

If this ever happens... I can't see the big photo op press conference with them hugging it out...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2015, 11:20:50 AM »

You mean they've played a long game since 1996?  Shocked

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: