Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 10:16:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk On Reunion Rumors. Hear Him Out.  (Read 65467 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #400 on: December 18, 2015, 10:17:36 PM »

I dont think this is the case. I think if that were the case, then after the old new merch/welcome to the jingle stuff came around and we were still discussing the announcement, someone would have told us "hey guys, that was the announcement. stop waiting for another one."

and i also dont think it was going to be about a new website either, since he already said they were working on a new website or something. so that and the announcement also seemed to be two different things.

I agree with this, pretty much.

Not that there is not a market for that merch, because I'm sure there is.  But I don't really think he'd treat that like huge news and try and build it up.

the merch is great. my old lady surprised me with a long sleeve afd cross shirt in the mail the other day, along with a hundred bucks to spend on video games and a can of san marcos whole jalapenos... you cant really get jalapenos in japan, so its really awesome and nostalgic to have them here.

but anyway, the announcement is the main reason i keep coming back every day. if i know its not coming, thats my cue to forget about gnr for a while, take a break, stop fixating on it so much. not trying to force info out of anyone or sound demanding, but if the announcement was about the merch, that would definitely be nice to know.

We should set up exchanges. Jalepenos for good wasabi.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #401 on: December 18, 2015, 11:33:25 PM »

my mistake about the shirt. it was from another place online, although it was made by bravado so im guessing its a night train product, but probably not the new merch.

I dont think this is the case. I think if that were the case, then after the old new merch/welcome to the jingle stuff came around and we were still discussing the announcement, someone would have told us "hey guys, that was the announcement. stop waiting for another one."

and i also dont think it was going to be about a new website either, since he already said they were working on a new website or something. so that and the announcement also seemed to be two different things.

I agree with this, pretty much.

Not that there is not a market for that merch, because I'm sure there is.  But I don't really think he'd treat that like huge news and try and build it up.

the merch is great. my old lady surprised me with a long sleeve afd cross shirt in the mail the other day, along with a hundred bucks to spend on video games and a can of san marcos whole jalapenos... you cant really get jalapenos in japan, so its really awesome and nostalgic to have them here.

but anyway, the announcement is the main reason i keep coming back every day. if i know its not coming, thats my cue to forget about gnr for a while, take a break, stop fixating on it so much. not trying to force info out of anyone or sound demanding, but if the announcement was about the merch, that would definitely be nice to know.

We should set up exchanges. Jalepenos for good wasabi.

the thing is, the wasabi here is usually not hot for some reason! getting your spicy fix in japan is tough. ill order food that comes with a warning for how spicy it is, and it will be like taco bell level spicy. japanese people do not have a tolerance for spicy food at all.

as for jalapenos, have you tried san marcos? they are the best around from what ive seen. the texture is firm and the oil they are in is very hot. most brands are too soggy. i highly recommend san marcos. do you have a favorite brand?

i can definitely hook you up with some good wasabi! if youre serious we could take it to pms. i could send you the wasabi and the receipt and you could reimburse the amount by sending a letter with cash.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:35:33 PM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #402 on: December 19, 2015, 08:09:13 AM »

im going to say what i think.Is really sad how this bands works with the fans or the people who follow them.I see other great bands,Metallica,Iron Maiden,Judas,Helloween,there are always something that they say each month, the tours are being prepared for years in advance,the changes in the lineup are known.

But this band........we have seen how 2 players are gone,we dont know anything more,even if reunion is on the way.So sad really,no music,no tour,no twitts about current situation.Look at Iron Maiden,Bruce had a cancer in his tongue and we all know when they were going to tell us if he was ok.And he made a multiple interviews explaning what was going to be the future and why the tour was delayed ( first tour delayed in decades).

I dont know whos fault it is,but sure they need to update somethings,like "we are going to start auditions for guitar players" or the current lineup is the ones you know less BBF and Ashba.Is all mistery,and time flies and Axl is not young anymore.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #403 on: December 19, 2015, 11:12:36 AM »

Yes, we know. Some want updates when there's no updates to be had.
Updates for the sake of updates.

That's why when you get an update from the camp, even if it's not a promise, it's taken as a promise and then talked about for months.

And to be honest, is this something you noticed recently? Sorry for all the sensitive people to point this out, but is this something new for 2015? No, it's not.
It's always the same. Something happens and it's ok for a bit. Then when there's downtime it's the "we need updates/the band hates their fans" posts, until something happens and then it's fine on that front for a little bit again..... Around we go.

In closing, Merry Christmas, enjoy the holidays and hopefully we'll have more news in 2016 than 2015. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 11:24:22 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #404 on: December 19, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »

Well the funny thing is right now who is there to actually give updates. It used to be DJ or Ron whether the updates meant anything obviously they didn't anytime you get an interview with Richard or dizzy its the same responses. The only one who could actually give an update is Axl and he has never been the type to give regular updates which is his choice.

I feel for the fans who want axl to reach out to their fan base more in this day of technology.  there are many artists who keep in touch with fans thru different media avenues and Axl could easily do the same but we should all know by now he is not going to do that and the sooner we all accept it the saner we can be and not lose are marbles wondering why he doesn't say something.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #405 on: December 19, 2015, 05:34:27 PM »

From 2013

CA: You don't seem like someone who trawls Facebook or Twitter or You Tube. Do any of the fan or media comments filter through to you? What are your thoughts on social media?

Axl:
 I'm not that directly involved with social media, though we do use it with GNR. I'll make a post here and there. I get shown or told about things people think I'll have an interest in, updates. I like that our fans can keep up to date and connect with each other.
Regarding social media, I really don't understand what appears to be the general population's lack of concern over privacy issues in publicizing their entire lives on the internet for others to see to such an extent... but hey it's them, not me, so whatever.
However, when so many seem to be making similar choices regarding their privacy to where it seems to become the norm, and in turn businesses use someone's lack of involvement with social media to marginalize or stereotype and stigmatize them, or use it as grounds not to hire someone, I feel it's extremely unfair and seems a bit Orwellian

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/music/axl-rose-the-extended-interview-ipad/story-e6freeuu-1226591752718

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #406 on: December 19, 2015, 05:43:39 PM »

From 2013

CA: You don't seem like someone who trawls Facebook or Twitter or You Tube. Do any of the fan or media comments filter through to you? What are your thoughts on social media?

Axl:
 I'm not that directly involved with social media, though we do use it with GNR. I'll make a post here and there. I get shown or told about things people think I'll have an interest in, updates. I like that our fans can keep up to date and connect with each other.
Regarding social media, I really don't understand what appears to be the general population's lack of concern over privacy issues in publicizing their entire lives on the internet for others to see to such an extent... but hey it's them, not me, so whatever.
However, when so many seem to be making similar choices regarding their privacy to where it seems to become the norm, and in turn businesses use someone's lack of involvement with social media to marginalize or stereotype and stigmatize them, or use it as grounds not to hire someone, I feel it's extremely unfair and seems a bit Orwellian

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/music/axl-rose-the-extended-interview-ipad/story-e6freeuu-1226591752718

Love this quote and always felt exactly the same way. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #407 on: December 19, 2015, 06:35:34 PM »

Have tried to read through these posts and it's a lot to digest.
My opinion on Trunk just by watching his show all of the time is that the guy is just a legit fan who tries to keep his integrity
Not sure I'm fully informed on some of the other stuff that happened and why people do not really trust him, but from a basic perspective and
just getting a vibe from someone, I have to say I think the guy is allright
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #408 on: December 19, 2015, 07:31:33 PM »

there are alot of musicians today as we know who have multiple bands they play in look at DJ Ashba people can multi task

Guess you haven't heard:  Dj quit GNR to focus on his other band.

Yes i know that. And how do we know he didn't work on GNR material while also doing sixx a.m. stuff. The point was that alot of musicians these days are involved in multiple bands.

No, the point is, that even though a lot of musicians these days are involved in multiple bands, two major players in GNR - DJ and BBF - feel otherwise.  Whatever their involvement working on GNR material and with the band currently on hiatus, they still felt it necessary to break their ties with GNR to focus on their solo careers. 

Guess multi-tasking isn't for everyone.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #409 on: December 19, 2015, 07:55:40 PM »

i wasnt really asking for an announcement, just if the new merch thing was the announcement weve been told we were going to get. it seems there are reasons, likely legit, that this question cannot be answered. so thats all good. if im fixating on gnr too much, thats my own fault.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #410 on: December 19, 2015, 08:07:20 PM »

Yes, we know. Some want updates when there's no updates to be had.
Updates for the sake of updates.

That's why when you get an update from the camp, even if it's not a promise, it's taken as a promise and then talked about for months.

And to be honest, is this something you noticed recently? Sorry for all the sensitive people to point this out, but is this something new for 2015? No, it's not.
It's always the same. Something happens and it's ok for a bit. Then when there's downtime it's the "we need updates/the band hates their fans" posts, until something happens and then it's fine on that front for a little bit again..... Around we go.

In closing, Merry Christmas, enjoy the holidays and hopefully we'll have more news in 2016 than 2015. Smiley

/jarmo

i knew it! i knew we were getting an update for new years! you just hinted at it, didnt you! and your post had two 2s in it, and in 2015 2 guitarists left. that means the announcement will be about chinese democracy 2! someone call eddie trunk and alternative nation, quick! weve got the hot new scoop right here!

Annie
« Reply #411 on: December 20, 2015, 04:04:58 PM »

Have tried to read through these posts and it's a lot to digest.
My opinion on Trunk just by watching his show all of the time is that the guy is just a legit fan who tries to keep his integrity
Not sure I'm fully informed on some of the other stuff that happened and why people do not really trust him, but from a basic perspective and
just getting a vibe from someone, I have to say I think the guy is allright
I think he just lucked out in getting the job he has. The ultimate Wayne and Garth fantasy come to life  hihi
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #412 on: December 21, 2015, 06:49:35 PM »

Well the funny thing is right now who is there to actually give updates. It used to be DJ or Ron

not rly, they are bugged with gnr and reuniongnr-questions everytime they promote themselfs/sideprojects. Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #413 on: December 22, 2015, 03:04:07 PM »

I think he just lucked out in getting the job he has. The ultimate Wayne and Garth fantasy come to life  hihi

I agree.  I've watched his show quite a bit and Trunk has always come across as a yammering, half-witted fanboy who happens to land some really cool guests.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #414 on: December 22, 2015, 06:02:51 PM »

I agree.  I've watched his show quite a bit and Trunk has always come across as a yammering, half-witted fanboy who happens to land some really cool guests.

I'm inclined to agree with this opinion for the most part.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: