Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:41:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stop The Maddness Refuge For The Fans That Are Excited About 2006 AND GNFR's
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stop The Maddness Refuge For The Fans That Are Excited About 2006 AND GNFR's  (Read 20533 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2006, 11:17:11 AM »

I think everyone needs to relax with throwing the Nazi word around. Roll Eyes

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2006, 11:28:11 AM »

my point is GNR is more than Mr. X and Mr. Y at TIME T.

GNR is a huge thing that has been going for 20 years. it includes everything. there is no 2006 band, no 1987 band, there is a whole package. a name. that's all.

they're just actors in one big story. and i love the story.

Umm, ok....

Can you at least acknowledge the fact that certain "actors" aren't part of this chapter of the story?? Tongue

No! ?Tongue ? Because certain aspects of the "ex-actors still are part of this chapter of the story.? The majority of the songs performed on the European leg of the tour were written by "old story" GNR. ?Izzy was part of the European tour.? And supposedly it'll be BH on the album NOT Bumblefoot.

Which is why IMO my original point is valid:? A thread whining about people whining will just start-up the old vs new fight again ......? which it obviously has.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2006, 11:30:52 AM »

Yeah, you're right. It's fucking discusting to use that word the way some do ...

It's disrespectful.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »

Agreed. ?This quickly needs to change from "Stop the madness" to "Stop the petty bickering and deeply offensive use of inappropriate slurs."

If you're not a fan of GnR, then you shouldn't be here. ?I'm not saying everyone isn't entitled to their opinion, but if you're not a fan of Axl or the band, then there are plenty of other places to post, I'm sure, as well as better ways to spend your time. ?Just not here. ?Especially now that the thread expressly states "fans that are excited about 2006." ?If you're not one of them, then find another thread.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2006, 11:32:16 AM »

It's an exciting time for any real GN'R fan

Sit back and just enjoy the ride  peace

I just hope it isn't the same ride that I rode in 2002.

We need this album. Another tour in support of good intentions will only get you so far in the States

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2006, 11:35:40 AM »

The Bucketheadland ride has been removed, so it's not the same one.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2006, 11:38:09 AM »

The Bucketheadland ride has been removed, so it's not the same one.? hihi

Are you saying that his parts have been removed from the album?? confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2006, 11:40:20 AM »

I think It's hard to say ... IMO there was not enough time to re-record all the parts considering that they have 30+ songs and some were not finished a few months ago, but hey, who knows.

He did left the band a long time ago ... We'll see with the release I guess Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2006, 11:41:24 AM »

The Bucketheadland ride has been removed, so it's not the same one.? hihi

No the buckethead ride was there for the 2002 tour. This time around that ride won't be there on tour. Whether or not he'll remain on an upcoming album remains to be seen.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
benchiefjr
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2006, 11:43:43 AM »

Guns N' Roses is:

W. Axl Rose [vocals]
Dizzy Reed [keyboards]
Tommy Stinson [bass]
Robin Finck [guitar]
Richard Fortus [guitar]
Ron Thal [guitar]
Brain [drums]
Chris Pitman [keyboards]

If you have a problem with that, we don't care and we don't wanna see your posts here. It's been almost ten years since most of the people you are missing left the band. Deal with it.

Go post about how somebody is missing in that line up to people who care. I'm sure you can use Google and find a board for yourself to post at.

/jarmo
www.sp1at.com/forum
www.mygnrforum.com
deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2006, 11:49:14 AM »

I wish Slash would come back peace
slashs style of playing doesnt suit the new band imho so no we dont need him back? yes

Well seeing how 80% of the stuff they are playing is old Slash based stuff I would disagree. no
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2006, 12:00:34 PM »

I saw the guys only 1 time so far in o6 live but have seen numerous dvds and I have to say I think the guys kick ass. Watch the 2 proshot dvds that we have from 06. The guys play with heart and style. Robini kicks ass during pc at download.  The band defeneitly has a a bunch of guns in it and they kicked ass.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2006, 01:01:20 PM »

Guns N' Roses is:

W. Axl Rose [vocals]
Dizzy Reed [keyboards]
Tommy Stinson [bass]
Robin Finck [guitar]
Richard Fortus [guitar]
Ron Thal [guitar]
Brain [drums]
Chris Pitman [keyboards]

If you have a problem with that, we don't care and we don't wanna see your posts here. It's been almost ten years since most of the people you are missing left the band. Deal with it.

Go post about how somebody is missing in that line up to people who care. I'm sure you can use Google and find a board for yourself to post at.

/jarmo
www.sp1at.com/forum
www.mygnrforum.com

Actually sp1at isn't that kinda board.
benchiefjr
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2006, 01:06:26 PM »

I wish Slash would come back peace
slashs style of playing doesnt suit the new band imho so no we dont need him back  yes

Well seeing how 80% of the stuff they are playing is old Slash based stuff I would disagree. no
then go away.
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2006, 01:20:49 PM »

I agree with most that is said in this thread.
I love the Old Band and all the albums but that was a differnt time. I love the new band but I wish They had an album out there, to prove to everyone else (The Doubters) how good and capable they really are.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2006, 01:44:02 PM »

A little off-topic, but I feel I should respond to this as well -Yes, anyone using that word in casual conversation must be unaware of its actual history. You may as well start calling people "Al Qaeda" or "Osama" when you disagree with them(for the US board members). But, somehow I doubt that would be appropriate for even the most deliberately non-pc people, and nazi shouldn't be either - especially not in the context of talking about a rock band.

You don't like this era of Guns? Fine - it's your thing, but there is no need to get offensively personal about it. Anyway, why rain on someone else's parade? Most of us like it, and are trying to enjoy the best year that GNR have had in a long time. Why is it that anytime someone tries to post something psotive so that we can all get psyched, some person has to come into the thread, and say, "I want Slash back?" Does it help you sleep at night to do that?
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2006, 01:58:32 PM »

Just a note why he called me that I have no idea since I live in the US,

BUT back to topic

Things continue to look up.

yesterday the GNR site finally got updated in years, I think hell is freezing over

and now minutes ago

Jarmo just added in news section AXL to present award at VMA

It is time for GNR to rule once again peace

I think the haters will be silenced in 2006

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2006, 10:00:26 AM »

these past months have been great, Cd will come might not come today but in time it eill turn up.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2006, 10:04:47 AM »

You got questioned on who you were referring to and you pointed at me the evil nazi thread starter. Look I do not care what you think, but when you are going to bust my balls atleast grow a set and speak up the the guy in charge because I'm no mind reader but damn I think you had a problem with more then what I typed.

Frankly man, I dont care who you are. I dont know you, I never noticed your posts. It doesnt matter to me. But if youre going to come on this board and tell people to shut up if they have an opinion different to you, then Ill react.

I dont even understand what you are saying here. "Speak up the guy in charge"? What do you mean by that? Report you to the mods? Fuck that, Ill tell you what I think.

Oh by the way, conventional board etiquette is that if you make a post without a quote then its directed at the first post of the thread. Which is what I did. Sue me.

A little off-topic, but I feel I should respond to this as well -Yes, anyone using that word in casual conversation must be unaware of its actual history. You may as well start calling people "Al Qaeda" or "Osama" when you disagree with them(for the US board members). But, somehow I doubt that would be appropriate for even the most deliberately non-pc people, and nazi shouldn't be either - especially not in the context of talking about a rock band.

I know what a nazi is. Not to patronise you, but I have both undergrad and postgrad qualifications in modern history and teach it for a living. I meant it in its colloqiual "down with censorship" sense. Im not saying he kills Jews.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:06:45 AM by Tomorrows » Logged
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2006, 10:40:44 AM »

You got questioned on who you were referring to and you pointed at me the evil Nazi thread starter. Look I do not care what you think, but when you are going to bust my balls at least grow a set and speak up the the guy in charge because I'm no mind reader but damn I think you had a problem with more then what I typed.

Frankly man, I don't care who you are. I don't know you, I never noticed your posts. It doesn't matter to me. But if you're going to come on this board and tell people to shut up if they have an opinion different to you, then Ill react.

I don't even understand what you are saying here. "Speak up the guy in charge"? What do you mean by that? Report you to the mods? Fuck that, Ill tell you what I think.

Oh by the way, conventional board etiquette is that if you make a post without a quote then its directed at the first post of the thread. Which is what I did. Sue me.

I know what a nazi is. Not to patronise you, but I have both undergrad and postgrad qualifications in modern history and teach it for a living. I meant it in its colloqiual "down with censorship" sense. Im not saying he kills Jews.

Do you have rocks in your head. My comments to you, after you called me a derogatory slur were in regards to you giving me shit about my thread, when indeed the admin of the damn board pretty much posted the same thing as me 3 post later but he also added for the people that do not like it can go elsewhere.  You posted the nazi crap after both of us correct? correct . So my 5 last post directed to you were basically calling you out, that you spoke up to me with your Internet muscles but your balls were to Small to even acknowlegde the guy in charge of this board, and his post was much more to the point than mine, I said sit back and enjoy what we have , he said if you do not like it hit the road.  That's it nothing more. You are entitled to feel however you like just like the rest of the people on this board,

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: