Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 11:31:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OPEN LETTER TO FERNANDO  (Read 41936 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2020, 11:37:49 AM »

Best thing to do is wait until March, then on April 1st come back here and say “I told you so”.

Yep, and I can't wait to see what the narrative will be from the "Guardians of The Realm" around here when it plays out exactly like that.  I'm sure it'll be greathihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2020, 11:41:00 AM »

I may be jaded, but a "fingers crossed" emoji might as well have been "LOL no fucking way" in GNR-speak.  Pretty damn sad, however on-brand.

It's nothing.  It's a non-answer.

"Hey, you never know" is only a profile in courage around here, and even that is the minority view.

Here's is the reality.  Guys like you and I, should an album drop next month, we would both come here, admit to being wrong, and happily so.

But if the entire rest of calendar year 2020 comes and goes with nothing, will those lecturing us now respond in kind?  Please.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2020, 11:42:58 AM »

Best thing to do is wait until March, then on April 1st come back here and say “I told you so”.

Yep, and I can't wait to see what the narrative will be from the "Guardians of The Realm" around here when it plays out exactly like that.  I'm sure it'll be greathihi

Just people giving their honest opinions.  No dog in the fight.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2020, 11:45:21 AM »

I may be jaded, but a "fingers crossed" emoji might as well have been "LOL no fucking way" in GNR-speak.  Pretty damn sad, however on-brand.

It's nothing.  It's a non-answer.

"Hey, you never know" is only a profile in courage around here, and even that is the minority view.

Here's is the reality.  Guys like you and I, should an album drop next month, we would both come here, admit to being wrong, and happily so.

But if the entire rest of calendar year 2020 comes and goes with nothing, will those lecturing us now respond in kind?  Please.

They'll likely fall back on something tired like "I believe the album will come when it's ready." or something of the like that uses circular logic that you can't really refute.  

At this point, it's clear that this management regime could not negotiate their way out of a cardboard box, let alone with Universal to arrange an album release.
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2020, 12:05:21 PM »

Right, I’m not stressing either way.

I just think demanding an album is treating the creative process like any other 9 to 5, and it’s not.
If the music is created out of a need to fulfill an album obligation it’ll come off as uninspired, and I’d rather have no album than a lackluster album.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2020, 12:11:12 PM »

I'll give you an answer already, just so you don't have to wait until then! Never mind whatever actually happens. Because the same answer will apply to all future situations that are similar to what you're experiencing right now.

Why did you think an answer to a question was some kind promise of a new release? Why can't you wait until there's an official announcement like the rest of us?

You're welcome! Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2020, 12:13:03 PM »

Just because you might work with someone, doesn't mean you have to stop being honest. I know it's a weird concept for you, but it's true.

Some people even prefer honesty! Imagine that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2020, 12:33:02 PM »

I'll give you an answer already, just so you don't have to wait until then! Never mind whatever actually happens. Because the same answer will apply to all future situations that are similar to what you're experiencing right now.

Why did you think an answer to a question was some kind promise of a new release? Why can't you wait until there's an official announcement like the rest of us?

You're welcome! Smiley

/jarmo

Right, because who believes a manager when they say something relevant to the band they're managing?  But hey, this is good news.  It essentially gives us license to believe that, going forward, everything that comes out of Fernando's mouth is absolute horseshit...Unless of course it comes in the form of press release.  Then it's gold.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2020, 12:52:35 PM »

Without knowing what the actual plans are, besides the tours. I'll just ask you a hypothetical question: Have you ever made an estimate?

No? Good for you!

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2020, 12:57:12 PM »

Without knowing what the actual plans are, besides the tours. I'll just ask you a hypothetical question: Have you ever made an estimate?

No? Good for you!

/jarmo

I'm not Guns N' Roses' manager.  Bit more responsibility on that front when you're talking to a fanbase desperate for new music. No one put a gun to his head and made him say "within 6 months". But again, if we're saying that Fernando bares no responsibility in setting the record straight if there's no album to speak of, then fine.  But let's not pretend that sweeping it under the carpet like he never said it at all is not a totally shitty thing to do to the fans.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2020, 01:15:09 PM »

Just because you might work with someone, doesn't mean you have to stop being honest. I know it's a weird concept for you, but it's true.

Some people even prefer honesty! Imagine that.

And you have "honestly" found neither one thing to fault on your own, nor even so much of an instance where you could concede someone with an even remotely critical (or even just questioning) view...might have a legit point.

About any aspect of the GNR operation.   Literally every single solitary time.  For over 10 years.

Illustrative of nothing, of course.  Just how things broke.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2020, 01:19:26 PM »

I'm not Guns N' Roses' manager.  

Quoted for truth.

Bit more responsibility on that front when you're talking to a fanbase desperate for new music. No one put a gun to his head and made him say "within 6 months". But again, if we're saying that Fernando bares no responsibility in setting the record straight if there's no album to speak of, then fine.  But let's not pretend that sweeping it under the carpet like he never said it at all is not a totally shitty thing to do to the fans.

He said it for a reason and I believe him.

You don't, there's almost two months left until your imaginary deadline and here you are. Spending weeks in and out going on about how you need to know what will happen before we reach your deadline...

And you have "honestly" found neither one thing to fault on your own, nor even so much of an instance where you could concede someone with an even remotely critical (or even just questioning) view...might have a legit point.

About any aspect of the GNR operation.   Literally every single solitary time.  For over 10 years.

Illustrative of nothing, of course.  Just how things broke.

Very simple. You can think you know everything because you like a band a lot. Or you get to know things due to experience. With that experience you might get different perspectives on things and why they happen.

If you know February is a cold month, it's kinda hard to get upset if it's snows.... Unless you just need to get upset over nothing for no real reason other than to show you're objective.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2020, 01:32:38 PM »

"Your deadline"..."Imaginary"...What a not so graceful way of eliminating any shred of responsibility from your boss.  Very smooth.  Roll Eyes

Luckily most folks around here aren't that naive.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2020, 01:39:50 PM »

Quoted for truth.

Hahahaha

Funny is funny.  Well done.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2020, 01:48:44 PM »

Quoted for truth.

Hahahaha

Funny is funny.  Well done.

Shucks. I've always said that if only my mother was better at cleaning and manipulation, things might have been different for me, given that seems to be the only prerequisites to manage one of rock's biggest bands in this dojo.  And fuck me, does it explain a lot, including the present issue.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM »

"Your deadline"..."Imaginary"...What a not so graceful way of eliminating any shred of responsibility from your boss.  Very smooth.  Roll Eyes

It's naive to know the difference between an answer/estimate and a set in stone release date? Ok.....

Responsibility? I'm sure he can take responsibility for his answer... Smiley

Shucks. I've always said that if only my mother was better at cleaning and manipulation, things might have been different for me, given that seems to be the only prerequisites to manage one of rock's biggest bands in this dojo.  And fuck me, does it explain a lot, including the present issue.

Shows your true colors.

Sad.....

You also forgot that Team Brazil is the management that got us the NITL tour. Not the others we had before no matter how much you idolize them and their skills.... Ironic.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2020, 02:01:10 PM »

It's naive to know the difference between an answer/estimate and a set in stone release date? Ok.....

Responsibility? I'm sure he can take responsibility for his answer... Smiley

Shucks. I've always said that if only my mother was better at cleaning and manipulation, things might have been different for me, given that seems to be the only prerequisites to manage one of rock's biggest bands in this dojo.  And fuck me, does it explain a lot, including the present issue.

Shows your true colors.

Sad.....

You also forgot that Team Brazil is the management that got us the NITL tour. Not the others we had before no matter how much you idolize them and their skills.... Ironic.

/jarmo

Sad? I'm a fan of Guns N' Roses music.  The fact that you equate rooting for Team Brazil, no matter how much they fumble the ball and mislead fans, with "true fandom" is just nutty.  I mean I get it based upon your present situation.  But in the real world the rest of us can divorce the two.  That I'm not a fan of that regime shouldn't surprise you. And it's not as though it hasn't been well earned.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2020, 02:12:02 PM »

Sad? I'm a fan of Guns N' Roses music.  The fact that you equate rooting for Team Brazil, no matter how much they fumble the ball and mislead fans, with "true fandom" is just nutty.  I mean I get it based upon your present situation.  But in the real world the rest of us can divorce the two.  That I'm not a fan of that regime shouldn't surprise you. And it's not as though it hasn't been well earned.

Showing some respect for people who work for the band whose music you're a fan of is nutty? Ironically you're the one asking Fernando, someone who you don't like, for answers. You want them to respect you, and yet you fail to show nothing but disrespect towards them. Only to complain about the disrespect you supposedly get!

I don't know about you, but I personally don't demand respect from someone who I don't respect myself..... Cheesy

My point still stands, no matter what you think, the band hasn't been this successful with any other management.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2020, 02:18:31 PM »

I think I owe Fernando as much respect as I do a GNR roadie who shows disrespect to the fanbase.  This thread was an olive branch to Fernando, given that we'd heard absolutely no word on the new music front despite his and Slash's assurances that was what was going to happen next.  It was an opportunity for him to reach out to the fans and explain what he had said. Thus far, he has failed to reply and own up to his comments, this despite his solid relationship with you and this board.  Should I respect him for that because he continues to work for GNR?  If your answer is "YES" then we'll just have to agree to disagree.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2020, 02:50:47 PM »

I applaud your backhanded attempt at being nice.

It's an olive branch? So basically you're saying you're giving him a way to help himself. In reality, it's more of the same. You demanding things from someone who you disrespect.

Which is ok, if that's how you wanna be. But please don't pretend you're the one doing him favors.... Smiley

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: