Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:17:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame  (Read 29975 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2011, 09:38:40 PM »

U guys spin and argue anything
Argentina wasn't a "GOODBYE"

please

And please don't compare working at a grocery store to being in a band that effected and touched millions of peoples' lives.

They had a terrible fallen out..

Would be similar if u and a brother or a parent had a falling out...

Not to mention receiving the highest music honor that can be bestowed onto someone...

Just don't want a repeat of VH.. we deserve better than that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2011, 05:24:41 AM »

Axl said in an interview with Kurt Loder that "Live Era" was a "farewell" to the old line-up.  So that's that.

Yes, and whenever a member of any band says there will never be a reunion, they ALWAYS remain true to their word.   I mean, there are absolutely NO examples in the history of rock n roll where someone said "no reunion" and then reunited later with their estranged bandmates.  Roll Eyes

Not what I said.  Limulus said that Live Era was not intended as a farewell to the old band, Axl said otherwise, so that ends THAT particular debate.

wait, i was refering to things you've said, not anyone else:

"I thought that "Live Era" was the nice bow that wrapped it all up.  That's what the purpose of the record was."

because right now i cant remember or even find Axl ever said that farewell-thing, so please gimme the exact Axl quote with Kurt Loder and "Live Era" goodbye intention from old Guns.
"farewell" for being the last officially old Guns release (not counting GH)....ok, other than that i highly disagree on this subject as Axl's voice mostly isnt any near from the true Live Era 1985-1993, there are topics on boards with his exact re-sung words from his post old Guns/end of the 90s-voice. easy to find, easy to hear yourself. and you basically cant really argue for this being a "nice farewell bow", doesnt work.

Re-Union time, baby!!
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2011, 09:32:50 AM »

i couldn't find anything interview either,but i will say this i remember Axl said something along the lines Live Era is a way for the fans to say goodbye to that line up

It Tastes Good Don't It?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2011, 10:51:35 AM »

wait, i was refering to things you've said, not anyone else:

"I thought that "Live Era" was the nice bow that wrapped it all up.  That's what the purpose of the record was."

because right now i cant remember or even find Axl ever said that farewell-thing, so please gimme the exact Axl quote with Kurt Loder and "Live Era" goodbye intention from old Guns.
"farewell" for being the last officially old Guns release (not counting GH)....ok, other than that i highly disagree on this subject as Axl's voice mostly isnt any near from the true Live Era 1985-1993, there are topics on boards with his exact re-sung words from his post old Guns/end of the 90s-voice. easy to find, easy to hear yourself. and you basically cant really argue for this being a "nice farewell bow", doesnt work.

From the 1999 MTV phone interview with Kurt Loder, it is archived here in the news section of HTGTH...

Rose: And it really wasn't something we were trying to do. We were trying to make things work with Slash for a very, very long time... about three and a half years.

Loder: Wow. Jeez. That's a shame, because it seemed like such a tight unit. This live album seems like a farewell to that era.

Rose: It is exactly that. It's a farewell to that.... It was something we wanted to give to the public in a way of saying farewell. It was a very difficult thing to do, as listening to it and the people involved... [it] wasn't the most emotionally pleasant thing to do.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2011, 11:01:36 AM »

ok, thanks.
but thats still just "releasewise" because it rarely touchs that Era with Axl's voice. and when it does it often comes from already official released video/audio before. would be nice to hear Axl's thoughts on all the re-recording at some point.

such a great live-band hardly released anything real live and good  Undecided

Re-Union time, baby!!
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2011, 05:44:41 PM »

Is this good or bad for us Youngstown people???

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/business/in-rock-hall-of-fame-vote-a-battle-of-industry-egos.html?_r=1&ref=music

Mike
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2011, 12:11:06 AM »

From Eddie Trunk:

I have it from a very good source that @gunsnroses will get inducted for the R&R Hall 1st time eligible when officially announced this Wed.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2011, 12:33:15 AM »

From Eddie Trunk:

I have it from a very good source that @gunsnroses will get inducted for the R&R Hall 1st time eligible when officially announced this Wed.

Oh man, let the speculation of who will attend and perform begin. Honestly i hope all the original lineup does attend and can for at least one night put things aside and play together.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2011, 12:37:36 AM »

Wow that's pretty damn cool... everyone who has been apart of the band... deserves this honor.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2011, 12:41:25 AM »

I'm wondering if anyone has informed any of the members current and past.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2011, 12:42:23 AM »

Very cool honor. The HOF is a bit of a subjective mess of an organization, but first ballot is quite a statement.

Send Ron!

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2011, 12:44:36 AM »

Technically, it's not "official" yet, but that won't stop the speculation that's already been rampant ever since they were nominated.  Some interesting times lay ahead.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2011, 12:45:26 AM »

Very cool honor. The HOF is a bit of a subjective mess of an organization, but first ballot is quite a statement.

Send Ron!

True but this is without a doubt deserved. AFD made a HUGE impact on music.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2011, 12:46:41 AM »

Technically, it's not "official" yet, but that won't stop the speculation that's already been rampant ever since they were nominated.  Some interesting times lay ahead.

That's true but i just can't see Eddie Trunk saying this unless his source was absolutely certain.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2011, 01:13:30 AM »

This thread isn't meant to be some Old vs New who should, who shouldn't

Its to celebrate the band we all love for an extraordinary honor that obviously means a lot to all of them.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2011, 01:38:29 AM »

Words can't describe how I'm feeling right now.

Congratulations to the band.

Well played...well played.

I love this band.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2011, 01:43:31 AM »

I hope Axl only performs with the current guns n roses.  peace

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2011, 01:50:09 AM »

I disagree, they ALL played a part in the bands great history and they should ALL play.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2011, 01:53:59 AM »

So damn awesome! It would be great if Axl could do like one song with the classic lineup including Steven, one song with GNR II, and maybe one more song with everyone performing in some way together.

Really curious how this will play out. Better not go the way Van Halen's did. Something like that would be a damn shame. Anyway congratulations Axl and Guns n' Fuckin Roses!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2011, 02:05:21 AM »

OH MY GOD this is awesome!!! seriously what an honor for everyone who has been involved in Guns N' Roses past, present and future!!

First off, let me say if I sound shocked it has nothing to do with me thinking Guns N' Roses didn't deserve to be in, I am of the opinion if a band like GN'R is not in, then the Hall of Fame shouldn't exist period.  They are a no brainer, Hall of Fame band, no doubt about it.

HOWEVER, we know that the people who do the voting sometimes like to make an example out of an obvious no brainer, and make them wait to get in.  It is complete bullshit, as I'm sure we all have bands who we think deserve induction that keep getting the shaft.  I had feared that since GN'R is such an obvious band who deserves it, the powers that be would pull their typical bullshit and keep them out a year, its almost like they like to make the Hall of Fame more about themselves as opposed to the artists. (For example Black Sabbath and Van Halen) I am glad to see that Guns N Roses get in on the first try, and once this becomes Official on Wed, I will be booking my trip to Cleveland!!!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:13:45 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: