Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:55:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Weiland gets jail time for DUI
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiland gets jail time for DUI  (Read 10629 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« on: April 29, 2008, 08:21:15 PM »

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/video_news/scott_weiland_gets_prison_time_for_dui_stp_unaffected.html

I'm only posting this here because of the Duff quote since technically Scott isn't VR anymore.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 08:25:49 PM by LunsJail » Logged

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:28:56 PM »

In an interview several years ago, before the band's breakthrough debut album Contraband, bassist Duff McKagan was asked if coming off of Guns N' Roses they've mastered the art of keeping a band together.

"Well I think if nothing else we learned how to keep a band together. An analogy: somebody makes a move for you and your first reaction is to jerk. Now you turn towards him and you look and see what he's doing. That's how we do it with the band. If somebody pisses you off or does something, you ask, 'Did he mean that towards me?' You don't react and scream back and yell, and all that stuff. And usually it turns out nobody meant anything towards you, and a lot of things like that. We learn to deal with stuff. We don't knee jerk."

Call me crazy, but it seems like by just giving Weiland the cold shoulder, "dealing with stuff" is exactly what they didn't do.  That's what I would call "avoiding the problem", not dealing with it.

Ali
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 09:23:46 PM »

Call me crazy, but it seems like by just giving Weiland the cold shoulder, "dealing with stuff" is exactly what they didn't do.  That's what I would call "avoiding the problem", not dealing with it.

Ali

The ship had long since sank by the time the "cold shoulder" was given in Europe, I don't think "dealing with stuff" was even a consideration/option.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 09:36:01 PM »

not a good month for weiland no hihi

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 12:00:55 AM »

Ali

The ship had long since sank by the time the "cold shoulder" was given in Europe, I don't think "dealing with stuff" was even a consideration/option.

Oh, I understand, but regardless, that undermines the statement that they "deal with stuff" in the band.  And I'm sure the breakdown in communication started before the Europe tour.  That's when "dealing with stuff" ceases.

Ali
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 01:14:55 AM »

Ali

Oh, I understand, but regardless, that undermines the statement that they "deal with stuff" in the band.  And I'm sure the breakdown in communication started before the Europe tour.  That's when "dealing with stuff" ceases.

Ali

For sure.

Just goes to show how much can change over the course of a few years.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 02:21:19 AM »

Looks like he changed his plea from not guilty to no contest. 

He is also appearing on the Jimmy Kimmel show on Thursday...so jail will just have to wait. hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 02:33:22 AM »

As far as I understood it he must go to jail somewhere in late May, some days after the STP tour is starting.
Maybe I am wrong, but that is pretty weird for the STP thing now too.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 02:40:51 AM »

With Scott, God love him...it's always weird...always on the edge.....hold your breath, because you don't know what's going to happen, next.   
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 04:06:27 AM »

8 days, so the fuck what111

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 09:38:17 AM »

8 days, so the fuck what111

Yeah, not that bad considering his past troubles.  Where I live, they'll let you do the time on weekends.

He is also appearing on the Jimmy Kimmel show on Thursday...so jail will just have to wait. hihi

Is that going to be STP or just Scott?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 09:45:25 AM »

Is that going to be STP or just Scott?

Kimmel said last night STP would be performing, Scott's legal issues nonwithstanding.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 11:57:08 AM »

SCOTT WEILAND To Serve Sentence Before STP Tour - Apr. 30, 2008

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman Scott Weiland was sentenced on Monday (April 28) to 192 hours in jail for a November 2007 DUI in Los Angeles. Entertainment Weekly has now learned that the singer will serve his sentence, which the judge ordered he do before May 28, and be out in time to commence the band's 65-date reunion tour, which kicks off May 17 in Columbus, Ohio. Weiland's lawyer confirmed this to Entertainment Weekly via Weiland's spokesperson. A statement from Weiland should be released soon, along with further details.

The singer also received four years' probation, was fined $2,000, and was ordered to take part in an 18-month alcohol program. He was potentially looking at a year behind bars for DUI with a prior conviction. At the time of his November arrest, Weiland had just finished a previous three-year-probation for a 2004 DUI arrested. He declined to take a chemical test after the November incident. He was booked and released after posting $40,000 bail, subsequently checking into a rehab facility in February.

Blabbermouth.net

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 06:47:26 PM »

i doubt he'll even serve the entire 8 days

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 07:03:21 PM »

Scott Weiland Checks Into Jail

By Ken Lee

Originally posted Monday May 12, 2008 05:05 PM EDT

Former Velvet Revolver singer Scott Weiland checked into a Van Nuys, Calif., jail on Monday to serve eight days for a second DUI conviction.

Weiland surrendered at 8:55 a.m., according to the sheriff's inmate Web site.

On April 28, the singer was sentenced to the jail term after he pleaded no contest to DUI following a Nov. 11 arrest. He was also ordered to complete an 18-month alcohol education class and pay nearly $2,000 in fines.

Weiland, 40, has run afoul of the law numerous times over the years: He was convicted of DUI after a 2003 arrest in Hollywood, arrested on domestic-violence charges in 2001, and jailed for drug offenses in the 1990s.

On April 1, Velvet Revolver band members announced they were splitting with Weiland, citing his "increasingly erratic" behavior.

Meanwhile, Weiland has reunited with his previous band, the Stone Temple Pilots.

His lawyer did not respond to calls for comment.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20199397,00.html

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 08:38:19 PM »

i hope that they make him serve the full 8 days so he misses the rock on the range show. i think its really stupid to risk your bands first official reunion gig by hoping you get your jail time cut because of the overcrowding in the jail

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 11:52:10 PM »

^^ From TMZ

Rocker Scott Weiland checked himself into jail today to begin serving his sentence for DUI.
Weiland is supposed to serve eight days jail -- but he could end up doing a lot less.

Stay tuned ...

Booking photo? http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/12/scott-weilands-latest-tour-date-jail/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 09:46:27 AM »

That Was Fast -- Weiland Out of Jail

Posted May 13th 2008 8:44AM by TMZ Staff

Scott WeilandScott Weiland was released from jail at 6:54 PM last night -- 14 minutes after he was officially booked into jail. Hell, his rehab stints are longer than that!

Weiland turned himself in at 8:55 AM yesterday, was officially booked at just after noon, and then checked into prison at 6:41 PM.

Quite a busy day!

http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/13/that-was-fast-weiland-out-of-jail
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 10:30:10 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 10:01:27 AM »

*whistles Great Escape theme tune*

OK, why did they release 14 minutes later? Or am I missing something here?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 10:11:20 AM »

Overcrowding in LA jails-not surprising he didn't do more time

libertad
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: