Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:09:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  SLASH's Top Hat Stolen - Feb. 20, 2005
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SLASH's Top Hat Stolen - Feb. 20, 2005  (Read 5221 times)
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« on: February 20, 2005, 11:42:26 PM »

Guitarist Slash's (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) top hat that he's been wearing for the past 15 years was stolen out of the limo that took him to the Grammy Awards last Sunday (Feb. 13), informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. The limo driver swears he knows nothing about it and Slash wants the hat back. In addition, some personal things were missing from a bag Slash's wife Perla left in the limo with the top hat.

If anyone has the top hat and wants to return it (no questions asked), please contact BLABBERMOUTH.NET.

-----

Someone made a good point in the blabber comments, and that is why did this take so long to get reported? Did Slash just wake up from last week?  hihi
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 11:58:32 PM »

If it was stolen on the way too, then how did he wear it during the performance?

Please advise
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 12:07:23 AM »

He could have left in the same limo that transported him there.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 05:06:46 AM »

That sucks ... hope he gets it back ... but I wouldn't bet on it.   no

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 08:44:53 AM »

Keep an eye on ebay for someone selling it.

Why don't you just....
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 02:02:47 PM »

I'm discusted? Sad? A man can't take his hat off nowadays for fear off it being stolen Sad

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 05:47:52 PM »

dude no, thats slashs pride and joy, his image.....DAMN thieves  Angry

html sucks
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 05:52:39 PM »

I think he can get another hat Undecided Anyway I think he looks better in VR without the hat. The tophat was a kind of Gn'R thing. Still damn the person who stole it Angry

smoking Izzy? smoking

Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 06:01:15 PM »

I think he can get another hat Undecided Anyway I think he looks better in VR without the hat. The tophat was a kind of Gn'R thing. Still damn the person who stole it Angry

smoking Izzy? smoking

No, no, no.The top-hat is a Slash thing and he can wear it any fucking tiem he wants.Weather it?s with VR or Gn?R or Snakepit.

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 06:54:54 PM »

smoking Izzy? smoking

No, no, no.The top-hat is a Slash thing and he can wear it any fucking tiem he wants.Weather it?s with VR or Gn?R or Snakepit.

Baby Slash//
Ok, it's not as if I stole the hat for my personal collection? nervous
All I'm sayin' is I think he looks cooler without the tophat nowadays, in my opinion? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 11:25:56 AM »

Well they found the guy who bought/stole the hat and he's apparentley gonna sell it on ebay if he doesn't get a reward, nutcase? Tongue? ? ?
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1312? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 02:47:32 PM »

Where is this world going to..it's just so insane that we are talking here about Slash's stolen top hat..    Huh Grin hmm..where it could be? who could be so cruel that would steal the top hat? wtf.. nervous
molotov cocktail
Rocker

love and hate, beer and pot, guns n roses

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 08:46:25 PM »

so yeah, this seems to be blown a bit outta proportion but i can understand slash's sentiment for the hat. ask for the dickhead who is demanding a "ransom" for the hat, he should get 50 bucks, which is what he allegedly paid for it from a scalper who is unusually quite generous and fair  Roll Eyes. the story is so full of holes hes lucky he hasnt been accused of stealing it himself. i usually dont feel sorry for celebrities but in this case were talking about slash and this hat thief just sounds like a real dirtbag.

i was only a small child when the thought first came to me, that im a son of a gun and the gun of a son, that brought back the devil in me.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2005, 11:37:43 PM »

Source:? blabbermouth.net

SLASH Confirms That His 'Stolen' Top Hat Has Been Recovered

VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) spoke by phone to Jim Bone of WBSX-97.9X in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA on Thursday (March 3) about finally locating his stolen top hat and performing at the Grammy Awards, among other topics. Asked about the status of his missing hat, Slash said, "This guy has popped up, he's surfaced with it. He's got a picture of it ? it's the right hat. I don't know how he got it ? I think he's full of shit, but whatever? He popped up [and] he was going on a radio station in Los Angeles. It's like we weren't gonna hear that. Anyway, so he's supposed to do it [give the hat back] tomorrow morning, so we'll see what happens.

"It's one of those things. It's just an article of clothing. It's personal ? I've had it for a long time. Right after the Grammys, we got on a plane and went to Australia. I just got back last Monday. That being the case, when the subject popped up again, I was gonna get the money from the limo company and just have another one made or something like that, but this guy popped out with the actual article, the genuine article. And like, I just want the hat back. He's got the total story of [how he bought] the hat from a transient and all this kind of stuff. And like, that [story] doesn't check out with me. But whatever? Just give it back, and you want 50 bucks for it, fine. But the fact that it's made global news? It's just a hat. There's nobody in it (laughs). So what's pretty funny is I can't think of too many material things that one could lose that would make the news at this level."

Download an MP3 of Slash's interview with WBSX-97.9X at this location.
http://979x.com/sounds/slashWeb.mp3

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 07:20:20 PM »

Slash's top hat ? which went missing, presumed stolen at the Grammys ? has been found, but is now being held hostage. A man claiming to have the hat won't hand it over until he gets a better reward, even though BC Ethic, the company that does Slash's T-shirt line, is now offering $5,000 for the hat's return, according to MTV News.

The hat was part of a marketing campaign where it was to be replicated and personally signed, for display with the release of the Slash line, a 15-piece collection of tees, knit tops and hats. "I've worn that hat for 12 years," Slash said in a statement. "It's my lucky hat and I want it back."

"The hat is a vital part of our marketing strategy for the licensing deal we have just inked with Slash," said Mark Zacher, CEO of BC Ethic, best known for its vintage T-shirt and co-branding with some of history's most famous rock bands.

"We are offering a reward to whoever stole the hat," said Zacher. "We want it back. And we want it back now."

A reward line has been set up at BC Ethic. If you have information, call (310) 887-7077.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2005, 01:56:40 AM »

That guy is a total creep. He probably stole the hat hoping he could score a big pay day. I wonder if Slash could have him arrested. Someone stole the head for the local team's mascot last year.  hihi There were several rewards offered and the thief turned in the head but had some lame story. He was arrested immediately. I know it's just a hat, but it has a lot of sentimental value. The guy is a total scumbag.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2005, 09:07:09 AM »

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has learned that VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) has finally recovered his top hat, which went missing, presumed stolen at the Grammys last month. The hat was collected late Friday night (March 4) and a "small reward" was paid to the man that claimed he bought the hat from a transient for $50.00 on Hollywood Blvd. The reward was paid by BC Ethic, the company that does Slash's T-shirt line. The hat was part of a marketing campaign where it was to be replicated and personally signed, for display with the release of the Slash line, a 15-piece collection of tees, knit tops and hats.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2005, 12:22:30 PM »

Small reward hihi they probably gave the guy a couple of million. Anyway I'm glad he found his hat? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2005, 03:31:32 AM »

DAMN STRAIGHT!! Slash can wear that anytime!!!!!!!! beer *cheers to Slash!*

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2005, 08:38:26 AM »

That's just sick.
I'm glad he got it back. It's not a GNR thing, it's a Slash thing. It's his trademark! love Cool

What's so civil about war anyway?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: