Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:46:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227960 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Axl and Slash Arguement, Audio
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash Arguement, Audio  (Read 3339 times)
Origen
« on: August 13, 2006, 01:57:59 PM »

gnrontour: 01.14.92 - Erwin-Nutter Center, Dayton, OH

Axl slices his hand open on a sharp part of his microphone stand during 'It's So Easy.' Slash talks to the crowd while Axl is getting medical attention. Slash & Gilby then jam on guitar and then the band plays 'So Fine.' When Axl returns, he misinterprets what Slash had told the crowd and calls Slash a "punk motherfucker!" To which Slash replies "I'll kick your fucking ass!" The band then breaks into 'Welcome To The Jungle' before tempers flare even further.

You can also hear at the end Slash asking people to back him up on what he said and you can just hear Axl say Fuck You.

I wish video existed of the arguement.

Anyway here is the audio, it's at the end of the song (So Fine) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=42JF1IXX
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 02:06:15 PM »

Well... at least there were 2 leaders back in the days: Axl and Slash. That's why the old band was SO great.
I think Axl was afraid of Slash, afraid because Slash was as popular as him, and it hurts Axl's ego. He wanted to be the "bigboss", but Slash was as important as him in the band so...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 02:11:08 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 02:16:42 PM »

It didn't sound like they were legit pissed off - by reading the gnrontour review you'd think they were about to choke each other.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 02:48:10 PM »

Well... at least there were 2 leaders back in the days: Axl and Slash. That's why the old band was SO great.
I think Axl was afraid of Slash, afraid because Slash was as popular as him, and it hurts Axl's ego. He wanted to be the "bigboss", but Slash was as important as him in the band so...

thats very debateable.   Axl was always #1 in that band IMO.
suzypi
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 02:59:58 PM »

i think there is indeed many ununderstanding between those two great gyuz.
thats a shame, & who's to blame, thats hard & impossible to tell.
anyway sometimes it is 51% axl's fault & 49% slash, the next day it's pretty much the opposite so at the end it makes 50/50 & thats why popularity of those 2 is probably 50/50as well, i'd say 51% for axl so that makes him number 1 cos ppl always remember more the singer, but in real i think it really is 50/50 the couple axl & slash should be seen as 1 & unique totally unbreakable. a shame they broke up
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 03:02:37 PM by suzypi » Logged
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 01:47:49 AM »

Was really hard to make out what they were saying! I think I heard Axl call Slash 'a punk motherfucker' and threaten to kick his ass though.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
TheMole
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 03:27:09 AM »

thats very debateable.   Axl was always #1 in that band IMO.

For you personally he was, for me personally Slash was. That's what made them equally important: there are as many Axl fans as there are Slash fans. Both guys represent the opposite side of the spectrum: Axl is more of a visionary, a sort of artistical director; whilest Slash is more of a laid-back go with the flow lets play some rock and enjoy ourselfes kinda guy. Axl was the brains and Slash was the soul of GNR. Some guys like a visionary, some guys like a genuine person, most of us like both. That's why GNR was as succesful as it once was. That laid the groundwork for what GNR became in the late 80's, what GNR was in the early 90's and even what GNR will be when CD is released.

And yeah, that bothered Axl, who always wanted total control, and yeah, that's probably what broke up the band.

I like the new band, I genuinly do. But I know who built the name GNR, and will always be gratefull for that.
Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 06:47:09 AM »

Man, I've always wanted the audio this argument, so thanks for uploading it.

Does anyone know of a slightly better quality version of this?  Or does anyone know how to clean it up? 

Also, I was under the impression that there WAS a video for this, from what I read about it a long time ago.   Huh

Anyway, thanks for the upload, always wanted to hear this.   ok
Origen
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 06:56:21 AM »

Sadly there is no video, but there maybe is clearer audio versions then this one, this is just the first one I found.

And incase anyone was woundering Axl later apologized:

AXL: Let me say something about us being at each other's throats: We haven't really been that way in the past year and a half. I love the guy. We're like opposite poles of energy, and we balance each other out. We push each other to work harder and complement each other that way. We had a run-in in Dayton [Ohio], because both myself and Dougie thought he said something shitty to me onstage. That was the night I cut my hand to the bone. Backstage we have monitors much like the ones onstage, and while I was back there dealing with my hand, I thought I heard him take a potshot at me. I wrapped my hand up in a towel and was like, "Let's get it taken care of, so I can finish the show." I came back onstage and was a dick to him and told him I'd kick his f?!king ass in front of 20,000 people. That was f?!ked up. I was wrong, and I apologized the second I realized I was mistaken. Someone who is supporting me as strongly as he does is a hand I never want to bite.

Ironic how the last sentence he says is "Someone who is supporting me as strongly as he does is a hand I never want to bite"
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 07:25:33 AM »

I love it when Axl says 'your fuckin stoned' and the crowds like wwwhhhoooaaaa
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 11:38:29 AM »

I love it when Axl says 'your fuckin stoned' and the crowds like wwwhhhoooaaaa

I Love it when people put Axl is his proper place!~    hihi

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 03:05:29 PM »

how the hell do u download off megaplaud? help me  Cry

greendog
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 05:04:23 PM »

the link doesnt work for me  Huh Huh grr. i never have trouble with megaupload.
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 05:21:50 PM »

Ironic how the last sentence he says is "Someone who is supporting me as strongly as he does is a hand I never want to bite"

'Cause everybody darlin' sometimes ?? hihi

Love the guy in the audience's "Get in the ring!"-comment!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 05:26:11 PM by jaknudsen » Logged

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
SALAH
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 10:54:53 AM »

Megaupload doesn't work for me. Cry
Could anyone upload this to Rapidshare, please?
Progress
Rocker

Where's my beer??

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 04:11:43 AM »

Here's the same file from yousendit.com.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7987D1A2234DB632

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 04:25:46 AM »

thats very debateable.? ?Axl was always #1 in that band IMO.

Agreed. I think Izzy was more important than Slash.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
SALAH
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 11:23:10 AM »

Thank you! peace
JohnMorrison73
Banned