Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:01:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227881 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1570712 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4040 on: January 16, 2015, 06:15:58 PM »

How about:

1) Standard CD
2) Delux version CD with upgraded packaging and alternate artwork
3) Digital download with a second alternate artwork and 2 extra tracks un available via first two options

My money would be spent faster than a newly wed couple's kit off on wedding night!  hihi

What about the vinyl? Wink

/jarmo

And I'd buy both versions of that, too....reg and delxe.

Dammit jarmo..stop spending my MONEY!!!   drool

beer

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4041 on: January 16, 2015, 07:00:00 PM »

So let's say you had a choice between a regular cd with a regular booklet, or a deluxe version that looks more like a book with a cd in it, you'd choose the first one?

I want a deluxe version that is packaged to look like a (obviously smaller) version of this with a working cd in it that has Axl's sig on it.  Of course instead of it being address to Dj, all copies would say "To my FAV fan Gypsy" in Axl's handwriting!!!  Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4042 on: January 16, 2015, 07:57:03 PM »

I guess I'm naive enough to think that hardcore fans would want the best version available. Even if it "only" meant nicer packaging....

/jarmo

For me, it's just an organization issue. If I was more organized, I would buy a hard copy. I'm not. Also, I found it hard to keep CDs scratch free.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4043 on: January 16, 2015, 08:41:32 PM »

I don't really know about these physical CDs anymore

Most of mine are packed away, with most of my DVDs.   

I am not really a big, put CDs and DVDs on shelfs so you can see them guy...   They take up way to much space.

All my electronics in the house, tv, stereo are connected to the internet.    Baconman lives in the year 2015
mortismurphy
« Reply #4044 on: January 16, 2015, 09:05:07 PM »

I am the opposite. I guess I live in the year 1950 as I am starting to switch back to Vinyl. The sound quality and packaging are both superior.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4045 on: January 17, 2015, 08:55:24 AM »

I am the opposite. I guess I live in the year 1950 as I am starting to switch back to Vinyl. The sound quality and packaging are both superior.

Oh I agree with the fact that Vinyl both sounds better and looks better

I am just not a fan of storing them out in public, they take up too much room and look foolish.  It makes you look loke a teenager in your parents basement, next thing would be to put up some posters

If it was just records it would be one thing.  But then you start storing dvds, blue rays, vhs, cassessts, cds, geeze i even still have a few lazer disks packed away

mortismurphy
« Reply #4046 on: January 17, 2015, 11:17:40 AM »

I do not agree. My house as it happens is stashed with records and dvds. I do not really see what is wrong with that. Obviously having them displayed makes the convenient to access.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4047 on: January 17, 2015, 11:51:49 AM »

I am just not a fan of storing them out in public, they take up too much room and look foolish.  It makes you look loke a teenager in your parents basement, next thing would be to put up some posters

We're talking about GN'R here. Your favorite band.
You wouldn't make an exemption for GN'R and buy the physical album?
Then you could show it to your friends and tell them  "this is the album I spent __ years waiting for". Hard to do that with mp3 files. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4048 on: January 17, 2015, 12:25:04 PM »

We're talking about GN'R here. Your favorite band.
You wouldn't make an exemption for GN'R and buy the physical album?
Then you could show it to your friends and tell them  "this is the album I spent __ years waiting for". Hard to do that with mp3 files. Wink

/jarmo

I will buy an actual phsyical CD of guns next album.  But soon as its uploaded to my audio system at home and in my car it will fond its home in storage with all its friends

I will play the music for various people who tend to be around.  Just like I have done with there past albums and also concert videos

If guns was to come out with a coffee table book.  With various pictures, quotes/interviews/stories, song lyrics etc...   Now that would be a nice piece that I would like to leave out

I know I am the odd ball when it comes to displaying albums, dvds, records, tapes whatever else....   When you get so much of any of the listed and display it, your house just becomes about that.   And when I was a teenager living in my parents basment cds, albums, dvds were all I really had and I would place out and show off.   Once I got older and got nicee things that needed there space, other things have to go into storage.   

Not only that, but when you have two little kids running around at times you learn pretty quick to find places for things you dont want wrecked, or scratches or juice spilt on haha

I would love to show off some nice guns gear at my place.  An albums jewl case will not be it though
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4049 on: January 17, 2015, 12:56:31 PM »

You don't have an altar for GN'R? What?!

Just kidding. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4050 on: January 17, 2015, 01:12:12 PM »

Just kidding. Wink

/jarmo

Hahaha ya no alter in my place now, but my teenage room may have been described as one!   

I do however have a nice spot open on one of my walls   That I would actually like to fill with something gnr

MB Axl will send me a nice plaque like he sent DJ.   That would  look perfect
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #4051 on: January 17, 2015, 02:22:39 PM »

I guess I'm naive enough to think that hardcore fans would want the best version available. Even if it "only" meant nicer packaging....

/jarmo

I'm surprised that anyone hardcore enough to come here most days out of the year wouldn't shell out the extra money for special edition packaging. You'd think that if something like that wouldn't sell well even on here then it would have no chance out in the mainstream. I hope if it's just special packaging and artwork that they hire a different artist than the guy that did all that red artwork for CD (the hand with the star and the people, the amusement park and all that stuff). I love the cover and the booklet, love the way the GNR logo looks, but I thought that red stuff was real unappealing. Why is that alternate cover hand making the two in the pink one in the stink sign (or "the fork" as we call it at ASU since our mascot changed from a devil to a pitchfork)?

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4052 on: January 17, 2015, 03:06:46 PM »

/jarmo

I'm surprised that anyone hardcore enough to come here most days out of the year wouldn't shell out the extra money for special edition packaging. You'd think that if something like that wouldn't sell well even on here then it would have no chance out in the mainstream. I hope if it's just special packaging and artwork that they hire a different artist than the guy that did all that red artwork for CD (the hand with the star and the people, the amusement park and all that stuff). I love the cover and the booklet, love the way the GNR logo looks, but I thought that red stuff was real unappealing. Why is that alternate cover hand making the two in the pink one in the stink sign (or "the fork" as we call it at ASU since our mascot changed from a devil to a pitchfork)?

The amusement park one is by the same artist, but the cover you've seen is 100% fan made, in no way official.

The album was called Chinese Democracy. I can see why Axl wanted to use a Chinese artist for the artwork. The red star, that's a symbol heavily associated with China. As for the positioning of the fingers on the red hand, I don't believe that's the intention of the picture. Most of the art work by Shi Lifeng (the artist) has a theme of Chinese people with struggles and with hope of a better future. To me, the fingers on the red hand are trying to flick off the little people.

Now, that doesn't mean you'll have to like the art work, just know that there's a thought behind it.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #4053 on: January 17, 2015, 03:28:25 PM »

I do appreciate details like that! Thank you for sharing Spirit! Hearing the story behind it does make it more interesting. That big red hand is a jerk. It should be helping those people out, not flicking them off.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4054 on: January 17, 2015, 03:54:04 PM »

I am lucky to have a "computer" room which doubles as a place to visualize my favorite band.  Pictures, frames, tickets, albums etc, it is not out of place in here as this room is kind of what the wife calls my den.

I wouldn't sprawl things out in the rest of the house but in here I am safe and I like to collect the things that mean something to me. 

I do have other artists up as well and it is not just a bunch of stuff mangled together.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4055 on: January 17, 2015, 05:36:05 PM »

I do appreciate details like that! Thank you for sharing Spirit! Hearing the story behind it does make it more interesting. That big red hand is a jerk. It should be helping those people out, not flicking them off.

Sure, no problem.  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4056 on: January 18, 2015, 01:06:52 AM »

I am in a airport bar right now having a pint waiting for my plane to board for a week long vacation in Mexcio

I will be tanning my bacon but on some of the nicest beaches in the world listening to gnr i my ipad

Drinking my face off and requesting gnr tracks in every bar I am in to be played

Take care, talk to you all next week
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #4057 on: January 18, 2015, 07:22:43 PM »

Have a good time!!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #4058 on: January 19, 2015, 04:09:56 PM »

Just kidding. Wink

/jarmo

Is mine adequate? Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4059 on: January 19, 2015, 04:22:33 PM »

There you go!  Grin

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: