Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:57:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  New Scott interview
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Scott interview  (Read 5029 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« on: December 30, 2006, 08:14:37 PM »

Questions from the fans answered on Scott's myspace blog:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=129983632&blogID=211500640&MyToken=f88bf317-a3f9-4d5e-a399-6d98466f9d87

? ?
Saturday, December 30, 2006

? YOUR interview with Scott (Dec.30,'06)
Current mood:? stressed

Myspace Friends,
Thanks to all of you who came up with questions for me to present to Scott. I gave him ten questions I liked and he narrowed it down from there. Some of you had some pretty good stuff, some of you were very very interesting. So, here's what I got for you guys, our first and last interview with Scott of 2006. And boy what a good year it's been, went fast right? I spent my year travelling the greater.... wait,... you guys don't want to hear about me do you? I get it, I'm just a middle man. A yes man. A nobody. Is that what you think? That's your perogative huh? Don't worry, I get it. Here's your stinking interview with Scott, just like I promised. Hope you enjoy it. I'll have more stuff for you guys next year. Later. See you in hell!
Ake mashite omedeto gozaimasu,
~Mashu

YOUR INTERVIEW WITH SCOTT WEILAND:
1. There must be lots of his songs that he likes, but is there one song he has a soft spot for? - Collette

WEILAND: "It's hard to pick one particular song. But there is usually one song per album that seems to strike a particular chord in me. For instance, "Adhesive" on Tiny Music, "Pretty Penny" on Purple and "Desperation #5" on 12 Bar Blues."

2. Hello Scott can you give us any information on what your new solo album will be like? Is it similar to Twelve Bar Blues or can we expect something totally different? - Gibby

WEILAND: "In some ways it will be similiar in that it is not a typical Rock album. It's always more of an art project. It begins with an inspiration and I follow that path wherever it leads me, never worrying about singles, radio formats or MTV. It will definitely have the same "All-over-the-map" feel. However, it will be a lot more focused, due to the fact that the album is a lot more alive and not struggling to climb from under the covers of a narcotic blanket."

3. What is scott listening to lately? - Chris Oliver and Zachary Biggs

WEILAND: "I never thought I'd say this, however begrudgingly, I have become a fan of the new Killers album. Where before, on their last album, I found them a group of over-confident and 2-dimensional tarts, I now respect the risk that they have taken in their drastic change in sound and overall vibe and approach. It's "brave" to risk alienating your audience for artistic freedom."

4. You ever sing in the car to yourself? - Amy the Artist

WEILAND: "I sing in my land-speeder to myself."

5. Do you ever forsee Stone Temple Pilots getting back together? - Sourthern Lush

WEILAND: "Every shelf needs two bookends."

6. What's the vibe like with Brendan O'Brien? - Samy

WEILAND: "It's been incredibly inspiring. Things have been moving ahead at the speed of light and I'm beginning to realize how amazing this record's going to be, as far as my tastes go."

7. What was it like working with Pharrell Williams of The Neptunes? Also, what interested you to work with him? - Renee

WEILAND: "It was a brief experience. It was only one song. I really related with the track personally and I regard him as one of the greatest modern producers in any format."

8. What are you looking for in a band/artist to sign to Softdrive? What's the most important specific asset that the band or artist should have? - Eric

WEILAND: "First of all, innate song-writing ability. That's not something that somebody can be taught. I believe that's something that someone comes into this world with. An honest understanding of who you are, an identity and attitude that can't be swayed by current trends or pop culture."

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GeraldFord
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 10:16:01 PM »

5. Do you ever forsee Stone Temple Pilots getting back together? - Sourthern Lush

I wonder what he means by that?
makane
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 10:59:19 PM »

Probably nothing.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 11:45:18 PM »

Probably that, even if he wanted to have a reunion, the other members don't or vice versa.

Fuck 'Em All.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 07:42:01 AM »

maybe a bands start and a end and the books between is everything that band has done, like it's history or something hihi
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 07:52:58 AM »

I could see him playing some shows with STP, but I know he and the guitar player (Dean?) hate each other-I think he said in an interview a few years ago he was glad he didn't have to work with a junkie anymore, and I think Scott mentioned the last show they did together he threw a punch at Dean-there is a lot of bad blood there, which is a shame, they were a great band

libertad
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 08:17:50 AM »

I think it's the same like 'takes two to tango'. Both parties have to work together to make it happen.

Not really news that before reunion they'd have to resolve some issues, but Scott dodges the question in terms of where he and the rest of the band currently stand.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 02:07:15 AM »

means possibly, why hold a grude forever, this isn't gnr... hihi
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 11:48:19 PM »

I could see him playing some shows with STP, but I know he and the guitar player (Dean?) hate each other-I think he said in an interview a few years ago he was glad he didn't have to work with a junkie anymore, and I think Scott mentioned the last show they did together he threw a punch at Dean-there is a lot of bad blood there, which is a shame, they were a great band

Yeah there definately was some bad blood between the two. It wasn't just Dean and Scott too it was basically the whole band that had a problem with him. I know in the 90's the band was thinking about replacing Scott due to his habbits and the havic they caused on the band, but they decided other wise and thats probably why the three chose to create Talk Show. But supposedly they are suppose to be on good terms now since some time durring the recording of Contraband VR ended up recording in the same building that the Deleo brothers were using as well at the time and they confronted each other and made up. That would be awesome though if Scott, Dean, Robert and Eric got back just to do even one show for the fans, STP was a really great band.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 08:06:17 AM »

I don't think an STP reunion will be anytime real soon. The "Army Of Anyone" CD just came out and from what I have heard so far it is pretty good.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 06:51:52 PM »

The Amry of Anyone record is the best record, 1 through 11, that I've heard in a lonnng time. Every song grows on you
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 01:10:05 AM »

The Amry of Anyone record is the best record, 1 through 11, that I've heard in a lonnng time. Every song grows on you

Thats good to hear I've been wanting to pick that up but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Hopefully this week I can manage to get it, im becoming anxious to get it now.

I don't think an STP reunion will be anytime real soon. The "Army Of Anyone" CD just came out and from what I have heard so far it is pretty good.

Yeah I agree with you, with so much going on I don't think a reunion is even close to being on any ones mind right now.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 03:07:02 AM »

yea man Deleo Brothers are genius songwriters. GNR/VR sounds too bland and straight for to me now after getting hooked on the Army of Anyone album. Songs like "a better place" "this wasn't suppose to happen" "ain't enough" "father figure" "it doesn't seem to matter" "generation" "stop look & listen" BRILLIANT! Can't wait to see them in NY next month
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 11:43:23 AM »

yea man Deleo Brothers are genius songwriters. GNR/VR sounds too bland and straight for to me now after getting hooked on the Army of Anyone album. Songs like "a better place" "this wasn't suppose to happen" "ain't enough" "father figure" "it doesn't seem to matter" "generation" "stop look & listen" BRILLIANT! Can't wait to see them in NY next month

Let's keep on topic please, Army of Anyone can be discussed in the Bad Obsession forum.

Thanks.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 02:22:01 AM »

I suspect a sense of closure with STP on good terms might be what Scott is hinting at. Maybe a farwell tour or one more fial album. Perhaps a greatest hits compilation with a new song or 2 like many bands have done.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 12:49:21 AM »

I suspect a sense of closure with STP on good terms might be what Scott is hinting at. Maybe a farwell tour or one more fial album. Perhaps a greatest hits compilation with a new song or 2 like many bands have done.

That already happened, the Greatest Hits CD/DVD 'Thank You' was released in 2003. I think that album, as the title suggests, was a farewell and the end of the STP chapter, for a while at least. I really hope that one day they can reform however, as much as I love Army of Anyone and VR (AOA in particular) there was something magical about STP's music, a completley different vibe, and they are still my favourite group to this day. Also 'Atlanta' by STP is my favourite song of all time, it's simply beautiful.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 03:11:38 PM »

I think there will be a reunion someday. Eventually the 90's bands will start cashing in on the reunion tours, just like most of the 80's bands have done. One day we'll all get to pay outrageous prices to see bands like STP,Soundgarden, and maybe even a generic tribute to Nirvana with Dave Grohl, Krist Novaselic (sp?), and whoever singing in Cobain's spot ( the dude from Seether perhaps)- Hey , if the Doors can do it, Alice In Chains too, so can Nirvana.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: