Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:06:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] July 6th, 2016 Cincinnati, OH @ Paul Brown Stadium
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] July 6th, 2016 Cincinnati, OH @ Paul Brown Stadium  (Read 42377 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2016, 02:54:38 PM »

Axl sounds incredible in that 'Out Ta Get Me' clip.

That's AXL/DC Axl in that clip.  For all you folks that insist we never get *that* guy.

You got him.  He's right there in that clip.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2016, 03:18:45 PM »

WELCOME HOME STEVEN!   Cool   beer

I love the youtube videos with Steven performing, Axl introducing him, and the crowd reacting to him.  And the photo of Axl and Steven fist bumping is priceless!  So great to see the boys FINALLY putting that negativity aside, piece by piece, show by show.  Even if brief, the addition of Steven last night was another step in doing that.  Life's too short fellas!  Let's see that Appetite lineup rock!  I wouldn't expect Steven to show up everywhere, but just giving him those songs made his day, and made ours too.   That's awesome.  Cool
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2016, 03:23:52 PM »

Best handshaking view  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3nO-KBTOQg
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2016, 03:37:14 PM »

That is fucking cool.   Cool  You can also see the huge smile on Axl's face when he and Steven fist bump, as well as earlier, the big smile that Axl gives to the huge ovation Steven received.  And in other videos, you see Slash and Duff both hug Steven after "My Michelle".

When you've been a fan of this band since the original lineup days, seeing them finally interact like this again is as precious as the music.   peace
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 03:42:22 PM by Bridge » Logged
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2016, 03:42:53 PM »

Great seeing him back up there playing with GN'R if only for a minute.  I've never seen Izzy live, here's hoping he shows up July 19th  ok
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2016, 03:58:05 PM »

Steven behind the scenes at the show last night with a radio dude.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:06:36 PM by Bridge » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2016, 04:10:45 PM »

Steven looks healthy and happy.  Good for him.  I hope he continues to enjoy health and happiness.

Ali
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »

I'm no drumming expert, but Adler seemed to be really good, didn't he?  Does he just play AFD in his basement every single night?  Those drums were perfect, even the cymbals at the beginning of My Michelle, just spot on. 

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2016, 05:19:28 PM »

I'm no drumming expert, but Adler seemed to be really good, didn't he?  Does he just play AFD in his basement every single night?  Those drums were perfect, even the cymbals at the beginning of My Michelle, just spot on. 

Steven has been playing those songs with his solo bands for years.  And yes, he really is that good.  If the band continues to feature Steven playing a few songs per night, I hope they keep changing them up.  Somebody said it earlier in the thread, Steven is insanely great at "Rocket Queen" -- hopefully we'll get to hear that one!
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2016, 05:28:42 PM »

Don't know if this has been posted yet, OTGM/My Michelle.....sound quality is poor, but it shows good view of Steven on the video screen having the time of his life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7sInic8ZFA

Also, when the video pans the crowd in the beginning, take note of ALL THE GN'R shirts being worn....reference that stupid fucking rule mentioned in another thread.

pftt...

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2016, 05:45:52 PM »

Don't know if this has been posted yet, OTGM/My Michelle.....sound quality is poor, but it shows good view of Steven on the video screen having the time of his life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7sInic8ZFA

Also, when the video pans the crowd in the beginning, take note of ALL THE GN'R shirts being worn....reference that stupid fucking rule mentioned in another thread.

pftt...

I love that my "rule" question is generating so much passionate response!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Acxl
Opening Act

« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2016, 05:58:04 PM »

In the comments part of the Cincy entry on setlist.fm, it states, "First Guns N? Roses live performance with Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, and Steven Adler onstage together since 7 April 1990 at Farm Aid." Did Dizzy really perform at Farm Aid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNliCykMZVI

Wow, Steven looks like yesterday. Very cool!  ok
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2016, 06:44:07 PM »

That's AXL/DC Axl in that clip.  For all you folks that insist we never get *that* guy.

Yeah we got him. Amazing indeed.

Unfortunately he doesn't sing like that the whole show. I'm not saying he should do the rasp on November Rain for example. But at least on the heavy ones (YCBM, Civil War, Paradise City, etc.)
McKenzie
Headliner

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2016, 07:13:08 PM »

Anyone noticed that My Michelle was played faster?  hihi
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2016, 07:24:04 PM »

Unfortunately he doesn't sing like that the whole show. I'm not saying he should do the rasp on November Rain for example. But at least on the heavy ones (YCBM, Civil War, Paradise City, etc.)

Honestly... i know you're not complaining..

I just dont understand how people can be critical at this point... this time last year we had nothing. Now we have this.. and from what i have seen over these shows.. Axl has just gotten better and better.

Lets not forget.. hes 54.. not 24... hes made it clear that hes had a voice coach the last 12 months.. and hes got to be careful about blowing his voice out.. what we are getting is excellent considering all the variables at this point.

Just my opinion.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2016, 08:24:04 PM »

I just dont understand how people can be critical at this point... this time last year we had nothing. Now we have this.. and from what i have seen over these shows.. Axl has just gotten better and better.

Lets not forget.. hes 54.. not 24... hes made it clear that hes had a voice coach the last 12 months.. and hes got to be careful about blowing his voice out.. what we are getting is excellent considering all the variables at this point.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I think the shows have been amazing so far, and I'm dying for them to come down to Brazil

But I was just wondering. If Axl is capable of pulling vocals like that on this version of Out Ta Get Me, WTTJ, and ACDC, why doesn't he try to do that on the whole show?

Not complaining at all, but this is a discussion board, there's no point of coming here if we're not going to discuss about stuff like this.  peace
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2016, 08:29:11 PM »

Just my opinion.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I think the shows have been amazing so far, and I'm dying for them to come down to Brazil

But I was just wondering. If Axl is capable of pulling vocals like that on this version of Out Ta Get Me, WTTJ, and ACDC, why doesn't he try to do that on the whole show?

Not complaining at all, but this is a discussion board, there's no point of coming here if we're not going to discuss about stuff like this.  peace

Dirty Deeds, Touch Too Much, You Shook Me all Night Long....all these songs Axl sang just like he sings other GNR songs...with a  little rasp and using his chest voice most of the times. There are songs that are tough to sing, different keys, variations in the same song...most of ACDC songs are flat and easy for Axl to rasp.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2016, 08:34:17 PM »

Just my opinion.

I'm no expert on this, but I have a feeling that GN'R songs are more demanding to sing with a raspy voice than AC/DC songs.

Maybe a singer here could back this claim, but I think many GN'R songs have greater variations in pitch throughout the melody of a song, and keeping the rasp going though that is a hard thing to do.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2016, 08:48:24 PM »

Just my opinion.

yeah all good..

im not an expert on the rasp thing.. but my take on it is this..

I think he just has to save himself.. an maybe a 2.5 hour show singing like that isnt possible anymore.. i dunno.. so he just inserts into the spots of the songs or the songs that he feels needs it the most.. and where he feels he doesnt need it. and the song doesnt suffer.. he just doesnt do it.

like i said.. thats just my guess though.
nalafej
Opening Act

« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2016, 10:24:36 PM »

I'm a rasp expert. Studied at MSU. Axl has been preserving his rasp by using different tones in the biggest GNR hits like Sweet Child and Nov Rain so that he can nail Out Ta Get Me every night. That is what I've been able to diagnose from the youtubes.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: