Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:52:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  SLASH in new Rolling Stone interview
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SLASH in new Rolling Stone interview  (Read 8048 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« on: February 11, 2022, 10:18:07 PM »

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/slash-guns-n-roses-conspirators-last-word-interview-1296043/?fbclid=IwAR1vjkytHN5JBrQDxZN2TJwf08tur4sQBQjbb1b6tI33lI6NNVCra6I7G9c

A rather healthy chunk of this is about Guns N Roses.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 11:32:53 PM »

Cool interview.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 02:49:05 AM »

Slash's been everywhere in the media lately, RS, WSJ, Jimmy Kimmel, Howard Stern...I'm pretty sure his new album will probably debut in the top 5.

I haven't listened to the album yet, but no matter how good it is, most of the times, you still need to get out there and promote the hell out of it. Some old fashion promotion is still a pretty effective way to get exposure.

I hope when GNR's new album come, they spend some time and resources promoting the shit out of it.

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 03:50:14 AM »

Thanks for sharing. Great interview.

Really pleased to hear that at least two more new songs are planned for GnR.

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 08:38:13 AM »

Can you quote the part about new music?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 01:01:05 PM »

Can you quote the part about new music?

There’s a bunch of new stuff also coming, maybe a little bit more complex, but it’s just as much fun.

Does that mean there’s a new album coming?
I know we’ve got some songs and we’re releasing another one at some point soon, and there’ll be another one after that. As far as the record is concerned, that remains to be seen as far as a whole package, but I feel pretty confident that at some point down the road, there will be.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 01:08:45 PM »

So, he actually acknowledged that Duff and Slash didn’t write Hard Skool. It would be nice for old school fans to recognize those Chinese sessions had and have a shit ton of potential.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 06:36:38 PM »

oh yes, and I pray very hard they'll work on a particular one that didn't make it on CD

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 09:33:16 PM »

He did say the upcoming stuff is more complex, so I'd say that means The General and Atlas Shrugged are in the cards.

Rolling Stone always did some of the best interviews with Guns members. The one with Slash around 1992 was legendary.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 11:02:13 PM »

So, he actually acknowledged that Duff and Slash didn’t write Hard Skool. It would be nice for old school fans to recognize those Chinese sessions had and have a shit ton of potential.

Didn't we all already know this though?  I mean, the "Hard Skool" demo sans Slash and Duff has been around for quite some time, hasn't it?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2022, 11:18:12 PM »

I know it's a business and they have to think about marketing.  It's just so hard to wait when you know they have something and there are things out there that can cause even further delays.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2022, 07:43:00 PM »

They may not have been part of the gestation of HS and Absurd, but Slash and Duff are credited co-writers of both songs.

Ali
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2022, 10:23:47 PM »

They may not have been part of the gestation of HS and Absurd, but Slash and Duff are credited co-writers of both songs.

Where are they listed as cowriters?

If that's the case, perhaps some of the arrangements were changed by the contributions of Slash and Duff.  "Absurd" definitely sounds different musically than the original "Silkworms" version.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2022, 10:40:38 PM »

Duff added that little bass intro. I thought that solo and bridge were all Slash, but it turns out I just didn't recognize them from the original. As far as I can tell, he just added that lick over the main riff and new solos. Maybe he considers the licks important enough to merit a credit, like the ones Slash put on Estranged, or maybe now that it's a 3-way partnership, everything will just be credited that way?

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2022, 10:30:17 PM »

Maybe he considers the licks important enough to merit a credit, like the ones Slash put on Estranged

That would be interesting, since Slash didn't receive a writing credit on "Estranged" (as he should've, in my book).  Maybe due credit is indeed something Slash requested from now on.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2022, 06:11:08 PM »

Maybe he considers the licks important enough to merit a credit, like the ones Slash put on Estranged

That would be interesting, since Slash didn't receive a writing credit on "Estranged" (as he should've, in my book).  Maybe due credit is indeed something Slash requested from now on.

Wait, I thought he did? There was that interview in Makin' F*ckin' Videos where Slash says he demanded a credit on that.

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2022, 10:53:32 PM »

Wait, I thought he did? There was that interview in Makin' F*ckin' Videos where Slash says he demanded a credit on that.

Nope, Axl is credited as the sole writer on "Estranged".  Axl did thank Slash on the liner notes, "Slash, thanks for the killer melodies", but Slash wasn't ever credited as an official songwriter.

Slash DID mention it in "Makin' Fuckin' Videos", saying something like "Dude, you're gonna give me credit for this, right?", but it didn't happen.  In his book, Slash says that he chose to overlook the fact at the time that he wasn't given writing credit for "Estranged" or "November Rain", despite the fact that he contributed to the big arrangements for both songs.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2022, 01:24:29 PM »

Slash got totally boned on 'Estranged'.

We have all heard the original piano demo.  It's not a remarkable song until Slash weighed in with those riffs. 

The riffs are the song.  Not Axl's "woe is me" lyrics.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2022, 03:38:46 PM »

We have all heard the original piano demo.  It's not a remarkable song until Slash weighed in with those riffs. 

Not true at all

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2022, 04:05:06 PM »

Not true at all

Really?

So if Slash never adds the guitar parts, and it's released as a piano ballad we hear in that demo, the song is held in the same regard by GNR fandom as it is today?

"I'm not sure I agree 100% with your police work there, Lou."

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: