Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:07:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227862 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie  (Read 75502 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2015, 08:33:30 AM »

I have said this before... my only beef with Axl was the nonsense about how he or his "camp" (which is amusingly a word known by all GNR fans) made no demands from the HOF... anybody with half a brain knows thats not true, Unless team brazil does all the negotiating behind his back... then that was definitely false. (Not looking to argue about it tho)

I would have liked to have seen him attend and accept the award. I 100 percent am behind the decision not to have performed a one off, because it would have been the end of the current Guns N Roses. But IMO, him not showing up at all and sending out that letter made him look petty, and I like it when he looks good, not bad.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2015, 09:07:00 AM »

I would have liked to have seen him attend and accept the award. I 100 percent am behind the decision not to have performed a one off, because it would have been the end of the current Guns N Roses. But IMO, him not showing up at all and sending out that letter made him look petty, and I like it when he looks good, not bad.

Exactly.

Which is why I shake me head when people start going on about how he can't get a fair shake in the press.  Know why?  Its shit like this.  What is the sense of feeding into the established clich? about yourself?  Is that doing you any favors?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2015, 09:09:15 AM »

And who the fuck knows... maybe if he had gone... these two knuckleheads could have said hello to each other and maybe we could finally end the constant bi annual lawsuits back n forth !

Wink

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2015, 09:28:41 AM »

Which is why I shake me head when people start going on about how he can't get a fair shake in the press.  Know why?  Its shit like this.  What is the sense of feeding into the established clich? about yourself?  Is that doing you any favors?

So in your opinion Axl needs to kiss the media's ass to be treated fairly.
In other words, you want him to be less himself and more like somebody else.

In usual fashion, instead of having understanding for "your" team, you have understanding for the other team.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2015, 09:35:12 AM »

So in your opinion Axl needs to kiss the media's ass to be treated fairly.
In other words, you want him to be less himself and more like somebody else.

No.  Just act like a grown-up every now and again.

The petulant child thing might seem good in the moment.  Over time, a picture of you develops and that becomes your public perception.

if you truly don't care, there is no big deal.  But Axl does care.  And his fans like you DEFINITELY care.

In usual fashion, instead of having understanding for "your" team, you have understanding for the other team.

My god, "your team", "other team"?  Do you hear yourself right now?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2015, 10:13:43 AM »

Axl didnt show to award show   crying

I mean really do you care? and on top of that i think the rock n roll hall of fame is a load of bollocks. (Im not british)

Since when music, especially rock n roll music is a competition?
Then when you win you have to pay thousands of dollars for a table at the ceremony just that you can wear a suit in front of the music industry and thank them because they made you a rock n roll winner.

Nobody is bitching that Dizzy and Izzy didnt show up.

Same goes with the Grammy awards.

I think Axl Dizzy and Izzy made the right decision 

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2015, 10:19:56 AM »

I mean really do you care? and on top of that i think the rock n roll hall of fame is a load of bollocks. (Im not british)

Do I care?  No.  I never expected him to go.  Since when does he do the right thing?

Does he look bad for not going?  Yes.  It doesn't make him a serial killer, but it just fed into the existing picture of the man.

This all started, not talking him not showing up, but his take he received "overwhelming support" for not doing so.  That's nonsense.  Yes, yes...even with the Piers Morgan stamp of approval.

And I don't buy into all these questions he has about the HOF.  That's just he and some of his more rabid defenders trying to church it up.  He didn't go for 2 reasons :

- Slash was there
- He didn't want to invite the comparison between line-ups, a battle he loses handily
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:21:45 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2015, 10:20:49 AM »

Then when you win you have to pay thousands of dollars for a table at the ceremony just that you can wear a suit in front of the music industry and thank them because they made you a rock n roll winner.

Just to play the other side of the coin.... did you also protest Axl accepting the Golden God award? ( I know, they honored only Axl, and didn't disgustingly try to get him on a stage with the evil one)

btw I would have liked to have seen Izzy show up at the HOF as well... but this is a GNR board... which Axl is in firm control of and has been for some time, so the focus is naturally on him, and not Izzy

as for Dizzy... would have been cool to see him too, but he proved that he doesn't have a thought of his own when he first said it was an honor and that he was going to go, only to change his mind when Axl decided not to

BUT, I agree with you, music is not a competition, I think we are just discussing all the sides and dressing that went with it and this band.

It is most certainly a Dead Horse, but it was a big moment in GNR history, so that's why it's frequently discussed.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:23:00 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2015, 10:24:25 AM »

Just to play the other side of the coin.... did you also protest Axl accepting the Golden God award? ( I know, they honored only Axl, and didn't disgustingly try to get him on a stage with the evil one)

GREAT point.

People around here were waxing poetic about that like it was a lifetime achievement Oscar.  It was a random show broadcast from what looked like an empty warehouse, and shown in the middle of the night on basic cable.

Do you really want to try and compare the 2 honors?

as for Dizzy... would have been cool to see him too, but he proved that he doesn't have a thought of his own when he first said it was an honor and that he was going to go, only to change his mind when Axl decided not to

Very much so.  He also didn't do much to combat the public perception he has.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2015, 10:28:42 AM »

I know MSL has a checkered history with GNR,  but he stated recently that he knows the "camp" had tried hard to negotiate a resolution with the HOF... that they wouldn't play but that he'd get on stage with the other guys for the acceptance as long as the others were not labeled as members of Guns N Roses on screen.

He also said Duff thought this was going to happen up until the letter was sent out.

Thought that was interesting.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2015, 10:30:21 AM »

GREAT point.

People around here were waxing poetic about that like it was a lifetime achievement Oscar.  It was a random show broadcast from what looked like an empty warehouse, and shown in the middle of the night on basic cable.

Do you really want to try and compare the 2 honors?

Very much so.  He also didn't do much to combat the public perception he has.

I'd like to go back to this potential movie...

if the stars aligned and Axl supported it in some fashion... and whoever made it , did a good job with it ... It could be a great promotional tool for the entire GNR brand no?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2015, 10:35:35 AM »

I know MSL has a checkered history with GNR,  but he stated recently that he knows the "camp" had tried hard to negotiate a resolution with the HOF... that they wouldn't play but that he'd get on stage with the other guys for the acceptance as long as the others were not labeled as members of Guns N Roses on screen.

I am a cynical as can be.  All the more when it comes to our name here.

But even I must admit that first letter he put out did give me pause for a second.  That he might actually do the right thing.

It was fleeting, however.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2015, 11:34:36 AM »

No, I didnt think much of it, of course its nice that the work of Guns gets honored,

but if it makes Axl and the band happy to do a award show like this and on top of that they get to play a little show, thats great! Im sure that everybody there had a great day, and the fans got a new pro-shot gig to watch (the full uncut version still hasent gone out right?)

Im not protesting, I just think that no one should  criticize people who have the balls to refuse doing something they stand against, or simply dosent feel right for them.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2015, 11:37:01 AM »

No, I didnt think much of it, of course its nice that the work of Guns gets honored,

but if it makes Axl and the band happy to do a award show like this and on top of that they get to play a little show, thats great! Im sure that everybody there had a great day, and the fans got a new pro-shot gig to watch (the full uncut version still hasent gone out right?)

Im not protesting, I just think that no one should  criticize people who have the balls to refuse doing something they stand against, or simply dosent feel right for them.

I'm not critical of the decision, I just think the letter wasnt completely accurate.

As a fan of Axl, I was disappointed, but if the final outcome made him sleep easier at night, then all the power to him.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2015, 11:40:01 AM »

No.  Just act like a grown-up every now and again.

The petulant child thing might seem good in the moment.  Over time, a picture of you develops and that becomes your public perception.

if you truly don't care, there is no big deal.  But Axl does care.  And his fans like you DEFINITELY care.

Did you read his actual letter? Maybe you accidentally forgot.
He explained his reasons and it was very adult. For some reason, this didn't register with you. Doesn't fit your image of Axl or the "go to image" of him that resides in your head.

My God, do you ever address points or just try to ridicule what others say?
Fact remains, you are quick to understand the media but not Axl. No need to explain yourself. We know how biased you truly are.

Here you are, almost three years later with you complaining about how Axl handled an award show. Wanna go back to talking about the lack of promotion again?

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2015, 11:51:51 AM »

But who was really doing that?

This was about the spin he tried to put out after, claiming "overwhelming support" for his decision.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2015, 11:52:52 AM »

I'm not critical of the decision, I just think the letter wasnt completely accurate.

Yep.  To put it mildly.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2015, 11:59:36 AM »

Did you read his actual letter? Maybe you accidentally forgot.
He explained his reasons and it was very adult. For some reason, this didn't register with you. Doesn't fit your image of Axl or the "go to image" of him that resides in your head.

I read it.  It was damage control spin and a fantasy read of how it played with the peeps.

Pretty much as I've said for pages now.

You don't like that, of course, because god forbid we criticize something.  Even something as trivial as this.

My God, do you ever address points or just try to ridicule what others say?
Fact remains, you are quick to understand the media but not Axl. No need to explain yourself. We know how biased you truly are.

I answered your points in the first section of the post.  I quoted this part separately because it didn't have to do with the subject.

But you sound ridiculous with that whole bit.  "your team", "other team", etc.  If that's how you see the world, little wonder why you are such the life of the party around here.  My lord.

Here you are, almost three years later with you complaining about how Axl handled an award show. Wanna go back to talking about the lack of promotion again?

No, I'm talking about a topic that came up.  Simple as that.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2015, 12:21:45 PM »

I read it.  It was damage control spin and a fantasy read of how it played with the peeps.

Pretty much as I've said for pages now.

You don't like that, of course, because god forbid we criticize something.  Even something as trivial as this.

I don't think you realize there were TWO letters and I'm talking about the first one: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=2247
Easy to forget.

Though unfortunately I'm sure there will be those who take offense (God knows how long I'll have to contend with the fallout)

Here you are! Cheesy

But you sound ridiculous with that whole bit.  "your team", "other team", etc.  If that's how you see the world, little wonder why you are such the life of the party around here.  My lord.

Don't care how I sound to you. I'd love to see you prove me wrong on what I said. Even once. Instead of trying to ridicule me. Cheesy
Your condescending tone speaks volumes. This has nothing to do with how I might, or might not, see the world. You take the side of whoever isn't on Axl's side of the so called virtual fence.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2015, 12:26:42 PM »

I don't think you realize there were TWO letters and I'm talking about the first one: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=2247
Easy to forget.

Read it.  Read it the day it came out, as all of us did, I suspect.

Though unfortunately I'm sure there will be those who take offense (God knows how long I'll have to contend with the fallout)

Well, not too long. 

He got that "overwhelmingly positive" reaction right after.  It all worked out for him, right?

Don't care how I sound to you. I'd love to see you prove me wrong on what I said. Even once. Instead of trying to ridicule me. Cheesy
Your condescending tone speaks volumes. This has nothing to do with how I might, or might not, see the world. You take the side of whoever isn't on Axl's side of the so called virtual fence.

There are no "teams".  Its a freakin' rock band.

Putting this in those terms speaks to a rabid persecution complex and a deep need for there to always be boogeymen in your life.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: