Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:35:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie  (Read 75502 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2015, 12:52:16 PM »

You'll be there until eternity to remind us all of it.

There are no "teams".  Its a freakin' rock band.

I used the fucking quotation marks for a reason.
You've yet to prove me wrong by the way. You just keep trying to ridicule what I said. I'm sure you got the point, but won't address it. It's fine. Let's focus on what I look like. It's more important. Always is more important to talk about me than the issues brought up.

Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2015, 01:01:27 PM »

What is there to talk about on that front?

You are in Axl's pocket, I'm not, this annoys you.  Is that front page news?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2015, 01:05:49 PM »

I'm not anybody's pocket.

Does it annoy you that some of the things Axl has said could be aimed at you?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2015, 01:09:26 PM »

I'm not anybody's pocket.

Does it annoy you that some of the things Axl has said could be aimed at you?

Yeah, you're a wicked free thinker.

Does it annoy me?  Not really.  For starters, I'm assured all the time that I nothing I say matters.  Seems a bit disingenuous to now suggest Axl is tailoring responses to me or anyone like me.

But in a more bottom line sense, I don't take all that much offense to things my favorite athletes or artists say.  I have never had a problem divorcing my appreciation for their talents versus what kind of person they might be.  Any Mike Tyson fan, or Axl Rose fan for that matter, can tell you the same.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2015, 01:17:05 PM »

You're funny.

Can I use that same card on you? You're one sad individual who fills a void in his life by constantly whining about a band. It's only a rock band, supposed to not be serious but you spend day after day whining about shit you have no control over. Sounds productive and fun!

Is that ok? Can I do that? I don't know you, never met you, but can I still post things about you no matter how far of, or close to the truth it is?

It doesn't matter what they think of you? How come your kind is always quick to point out how the band's management doesn't like the fans. Obviously that kind of shit does matter!

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2015, 01:19:31 PM »

You're funny.

Can I use that same card on you? You're one sad individual who fills a void in his life by constantly whining about a band. It's only a rock band, supposed to not be serious but you spend day after day whining about shit you have no control over. Sounds productive and fun!

Is that ok? Can I do that? I don't know you, never met you, but can I still post things about you no matter how far of, or close to the truth it is?

Go right ahead.  It's your dime.

I'd be content to measure our respective reactions to each to gauge how close to home such talk hits.

Would you?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2015, 01:24:25 PM »

It's difficult to have a conversation with somebody who has a skewed view of reality as yourself.

You know very little about me. Yet you post things like you knew me and what I'm about.
You just have an image in your head. Just like you have images in your head about anybody you never met. You think you know them because you've read about them and seen interviews, but you really have no clue.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2015, 01:30:23 PM »

It's difficult to have a conversation with somebody who has a skewed view of reality as yourself.

You know very little about me. Yet you post things like you knew me and what I'm about.
You just have an image in your head. Just like you have images in your head about anybody you never met. You think you know them because you've read about them and seen interviews, but you really have no clue.

I don't know you the person.  Never claimed I did.

I know the online you.  All of my comments are about the online you.  And all of it is backed up by your own posts.

I would have zero qualms defending any of it (along with notations) nor much fear an objective third party could read any of it and say I was making wild or unfounded assumptions.

But if I'm so wrong, why not just let me be wrong?  I can assure you I would never, ever, ever spend this much time fretting over some incorrect assumption you made about me.  Tends to fly in the face of the claim it does not bother me.

Just some food for thought.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2015, 01:41:20 PM »

You're saying you don't care when somebody questions whether or not you're a real fan?

The "problem " (notice the quotes) I have is that you come here and keep posting shit that simply isn't true. I have no problem with what you think of me, I don't care. But you can't come to my house and talk shit about me. You can think what you want, don't care. I'm not gonna sit idly by while you spew that on here though.

I'm not aiming for popularity. Never was.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2015, 01:45:32 PM »

You're saying you don't care when somebody questions whether or not you're a real fan?

In that particular case, I'd likely ask the other person for some basis for that label so we could talk about it.

Once provided, I'm not too worried about being able to set it straight myself.  Assuming anyone reading the case against me wouldn't already be at that conclusion on their own.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2015, 01:46:54 PM »

I wouldn't call one guy "overwhelming support". 

Then again, I wouldn't call a disgraced tabloid guy "a fairly big deal in the journalism community" either.

We seem to have something of a disconnect.  Simple as that.  Like I said, if both of those statements ring true to you, like I said, not gonna shit on it.
Eddie Trunk supported his decision too. Howard Stern also talked about how ridiculous the RRHOF is as far as who's not in it, so he supported Axl's questioning how people get in. I remember other supportive articles at the time too. "Overwhelming" support is completely subjective. No one is arguing that the reaction tipped the scales to the negative side more than the positive. But if Axl expected to get ZERO support, and he actually got more than a few to Take his side. That right there could be viewed as "overwhelming" from his standpoint.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2015, 01:51:36 PM »

I wouldn't call one guy "overwhelming support". 

Then again, I wouldn't call a disgraced tabloid guy "a fairly big deal in the journalism community" either.

We seem to have something of a disconnect.  Simple as that.  Like I said, if both of those statements ring true to you, like I said, not gonna shit on it.

Eddie Trunk supported his decision too. Howard Stern also talked about how ridiculous the RRHOF is as far as who's not in it, so he supported Axl's questioning how people get in. I remember other supportive articles at the time too. "Overwhelming" support is completely subjective. No one is arguing that the reaction tipped the scales to the negative side more than the positive. But if Axl expected to get ZERO support, and he actually got more than a few to Take his side. That right there could be viewed as "overwhelming" from his standpoint.

Fair enough.

I would obviously disagree, but its an argument to make.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2015, 01:55:26 PM »

In that particular case, I'd likely ask the other person for some basis for that label so we could talk about it.

Once provided, I'm not too worried about being able to set it straight myself.  Assuming anyone reading the case against me wouldn't already be at that conclusion on their own.

I'm sure they could list a bunch of things.

It's in the eye of the beholder.

Like I've said.

D-X isn't Axl Rose.
No matter how much he wishes he was. Wink

/jarmo

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2015, 04:50:25 PM »

That's what I meant. They wanted Axl on stage with the majority of the old band at the same time.

And I am still disputing that, regardless of what kind of reunion you meant.  Reunion or no reunion, the fact is that Axl didn't show up.  People booed him for that -- for no-showing -- not just because it killed their dreams of a reunion.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:12:04 PM by Bridge » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2015, 05:09:18 PM »

That's what I meant. They wanted Axl on stage with the majority of the old band at the same time.

And I am still disputing that, regardless of what kind of reunion you meant.  Reunion or no reunion, the fact is that Axl didn't show up.  People booed him for that -- for no-showing -- not just because it killed their dreams of a reunion.

Agreed.

People booed because Axl couldn't have sucked it up for a few minutes, all to celebrate the greatest success he will ever have in his life.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2015, 05:15:21 PM »

You think they would've cheered him if he had showed up after everybody else left the stage?

He didn't wanna be there. It wasn't for him. Instead of people respecting that, we got people booing. They bought tickets to a party somebody organizes for somebody else and then get pissed off when that person decides to skip the party since it's not really his thing...

/jarmo

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2015, 05:36:54 PM »

So in your opinion Axl needs to kiss the media's ass to be treated fairly.

No, he certainly doesn't, although if he had appeared briefly at the Hall of Fame and accepted, I hardly think that would've constituted "kissing the media's ass".

Even KISS managed to show up together last year at the HOF, and there was bad mouthing old band members all way up to the event.

And after it too.  The only moments that the Simmons/Stanley side played nice with the Criss/Frehley side was right there at the event.

Axl could've done exactly what Gene did: acknowledge current members of the band in his speech.  Gene mentioned Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer, as well as past players who weren't inducted, Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr.  (Paul and Gene also previously disputed what lineup should be inducted, or perform at the event.)

Did you read his actual letter?  He explained his reasons and it was very adult.

Well, it wasn't wholeheartedly immature, I'll grant you.  But he did make the comments about how the Hall of Fame wasn't a place where he was wanted or respected.

I'm not privy to what may have gone on behind the scenes if the Hall spoke to Axl privately (and maybe that will be the rebuttal presented to my comments here), but I suspect that Axl felt (especially given his other comments implying the Hall didn't have any "right" to choose the members inducted) that the lack of current members was behind his statement there.  If the Hall is recognizing the original lineup, Axl certainly is welcome there, and if he feels otherwise, maybe it's because HE is awkward around the other original members, as opposed to his claim the Hall of Fame is the place that doesn't want or respect him.

I'm sure the Hall of Fame wasn't entirely ignorant of the feuding between original GNR members, but that doesn't mean they deliberately inducted the 5 original guys just for the sake of putting them onstage together to get a reaction.  As Duff said very eloquently in response to all the controversy, "I don't know if it matters who's here, [because] it's about the music this band created".

Exactly.  The music got them inducted by the Hall, not the controversy on who might show up.  So Axl's comments about the HALL not wanting or respecting him were a little off, if you ask me.

You think they would've cheered him if he had showed up after everybody else left the stage?

It would've been awkward, but it would've gone over a little better, I would think.  At least Axl would've been standing there, and the fans would've heard him speak to them.

He didn't wanna be there. It wasn't for him. Instead of people respecting that, we got people booing.

Well, "respect" is a funny thing.  Like everything else in life, "respect" is a two-way street.  You can argue that Axl's decision should've been respected, which is fair enough.  He had his reasons.  But the other side is that some people think Axl didn't respect the fans enough to acknowledge what they considered to be a great accomplishment.  Whichever side you are on, you're always going to disagree with the other side.  You're always gonna think your side is more logical, reasonable, and acceptable.  But in the end, it will always be a two-way street, and we all have to contend with that.  That certainly includes people on both sides of this issue.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:40:21 PM by Bridge » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2015, 05:44:30 PM »

Great post, Bridge.  Well said, all around.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2015, 06:02:13 PM »

No, he certainly doesn't, although if he had appeared briefly at the Hall of Fame and accepted, I hardly think that would've constituted "kissing the media's ass".

My comment wasn't about the ceremony. It was general.
Not everything said about Axl is based on that night.

So Axl's comments about the HALL not wanting or respecting him were a little off, if you ask me.

Of course they can be seen that way. We're all outsiders looking in.
We didn't have to deal with most of it.

But when one band gets their latest guitarist inducted and GN'R only gets their pre-1991 members inducted, it's not that difficult to see why Axl might not feel welcome.

Well, "respect" is a funny thing.  Like everything else in life, "respect" is a two-way street.  You can argue that Axl's decision should've been respected, which is fair enough.  He had his reasons. .

The thing here is that many of those disagreeing with Axl probably wouldn't like to go spend time with certain people from their past just because others think they should....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2015, 06:09:45 PM »

But when one band gets their latest guitarist inducted and GN'R only gets their pre-1991 members inducted, it's not that difficult to see why Axl might not feel welcome.

But nothing done post 1993 is relevant to GNR's induction.

If they never put out another album from 1994 on, they still get in.  Its not like anything Axl has done 2001 onwards moved the needle at all.

The thing here is that many of those disagreeing with Axl probably wouldn't like to go spend time with certain people from their past just because others think they should....

But is that realistic?  The analogy, I mean.

Millions of people didn't follow myself and a friendship with some dude that went south for whatever reason.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: