Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:20:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227862 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie  (Read 75502 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2015, 06:16:25 PM »

But nothing done post 1993 is relevant to GNR's induction.

If they never put out another album from 1994 on, they still get in.  Its not like anything Axl has done 2001 onwards moved the needle at all.

Maybe that's why Axl felt that way!?!
Imagine you being told that nothing that you've done in your life for the last two decades didn't matter.

Regarding the analogy. So just because you become famous with somebody, you'll always have to remain "friendly" with that person? That's not how business works in reality.

It's a rock band, it's not supposed to be serious. That's what I've read.
Yet people booing took it very seriously...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:38:25 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2015, 06:41:28 PM »

But nothing done post 1993 is relevant to GNR's induction.

If they never put out another album from 1994 on, they still get in.  Its not like anything Axl has done 2001 onwards moved the needle at all.

Maybe that's why Axl felt that way!?!

Well...who's fault is that?

If Axl didn't spend 12 years making one album, he might have had a stronger case for split induction.  If he had 3 albums out in that time frame, how is his argument not strengthened?

But you can't turn back time.

Regarding the analogy. So just because you become famous with somebody, you'll always have to remain "friendly" with that person? That's not how business works in reality.

And in reality, sometime you have to do shit you don't want to do.  That's called being an adult.

This was a celebratory event.  Can we stop pretending it was working on a chain gang?  This was a celebration of the best work Axl will ever do.

And it would have been nice for the fans.  That's what you can't seem to get into your noggin.  Any hard feelings, from the stuff published online right through the boos in room itself, it was an expression of disappointment Axl couldn't suck it up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2015, 07:43:02 PM »

If Axl didn't spend 12 years making one album, he might have had a stronger case for split induction.  If he had 3 albums out in that time frame, how is his argument not strengthened?

Is that among the rules? You can't spend more than X amount of time on an album or it'll get disregarded?

And in reality, sometime you have to do shit you don't want to do.  That's called being an adult.

Sometimes you need to do shit you don't want to because you literally have no choice. Axl had a choice....

Would you like to lead by example and be a bit more positive? I know you don't want to, but if you were asked nicely by others, could you? Cheesy

And it would have been nice for the fans.  That's what you can't seem to get into your noggin.  Any hard feelings, from the stuff published online right through the boos in room itself, it was an expression of disappointment Axl couldn't suck it up.

Which fans?
As you know, I'm not like you, and a bunch of people aren't like you either. Some of us really don't care about that whole award. We didn't lose any sleep over it or boo anybody.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:45:26 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2015, 08:23:18 PM »

Is that among the rules? You can't spend more than X amount of time on an album or it'll get disregarded?

The induction was in 2012.

When you don't get an album out until 2008, and it doesn't make any impact on the band legacy, that's all you have to try and argue the post 1993 guys might deserve induction.

Logically, if you'd have gotten out more work in all that time, you would have more to argue with.  Both in terms of volume of body of work, and perhaps something would have caught on or made some sort of mark.

But none of that happened.  Axl only left himself one show to make a mark with all his delays, and it didn't land.  His argument was weak.

Sometimes you need to do shit you don't want to because you literally have no choice. Axl had a choice....

Which he made and people reacted to it.  No one is saying any differently.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:25:34 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2015, 08:02:58 AM »

No, I don't agree. As I've pointed out, other bands had current members inducted even if they didn't take part in the band's "golden years".

There's no rules, these people do as they want. I guess it's fair since it's their museum. But you can't expect everybody to agree with it.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2015, 08:34:30 AM »

No, I don't agree. As I've pointed out, other bands had current members inducted even if they didn't take part in the band's "golden years".

There's no rules, these people do as they want. I guess it's fair since it's their museum. But you can't expect everybody to agree with it.

/jarmo

True. But in GNR's case do you think they got the members who were inducted wrong.......

I guess we could argue they did or didn't until we were blue in the face... but let's be real.

It's been a few years now, it really isn't a big deal anymore. I't was a tough spot for Axl. His FIRST letter doesn't make a whole lotta sense in some regards, they certainly did try to make some demands of the HOF...it didn't work out. Slash was and is too big of a hurdle.

I feel for the fan who was hoping to see the band they grew up with be recognized together. I understand the lure of that.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2015, 08:41:06 AM »

I have no idea how they choose who gets in and who doesn't. Personally, this museum doesn't matter. Doesn't make a band or artists any better if they're in, or if they aren't.

But I can see why Axl wrote that letter. They just disregarded what he had spent over 15 years on. You can say what you want about that, that's your opinion. You might not like the album, you might not like the band, whatever. But to others it definitely looks like the usual "GN'R doesn't exist anymore" crap.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2015, 08:44:30 AM »

But I can see why Axl wrote that letter. They just disregarded what he had spent over 15 years on.

So, basically, you are taking them to task for following his lead.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2015, 09:16:57 AM »

I have no idea how they choose who gets in and who doesn't. Personally, this museum doesn't matter. Doesn't make a band or artists any better if they're in, or if they aren't.

But I can see why Axl wrote that letter. They just disregarded what he had spent over 15 years on. You can say what you want about that, that's your opinion. You might not like the album, you might not like the band, whatever. But to others it definitely looks like the usual "GN'R doesn't exist anymore" crap.

/jarmo

The museum may not matter, but it's not like it's not an honor to be recognized. Even Axl who claimed to have several issues with the HOF acknowledged several times that it was an honor to be nominated and inducted.

I don't look at it as they don't exist or don't matter, I think the album is great. It's just the proof is in the pudding... theres only a handful of songs to examine from this time period.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »

Like I said, if you were invited to a party based on something you did about 20 years ago, and you were told you need to hang out with your friends from that period only, maybe you'd stay at home too.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2015, 12:10:40 PM »

Like I said, if you were invited to a party based on something you did about 20 years ago, and you were told you need to hang out with your friends from that period only, maybe you'd stay at home too.

/jarmo

I don't disagree with that aspect of it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2015, 12:29:43 PM »

Did any of the current guys even feel they should have been in attendance or inducted?  Was that said somewhere?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2015, 12:34:05 PM »

Don't think they talked about it.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2015, 12:35:23 PM »

Didn't think so. 

Axl's suspect argument would perhaps be strengthened if they did though.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2015, 01:08:02 PM »

Didn't think so. 

Axl's suspect argument would perhaps be strengthened if they did though.

I've wondered, if they had ventured in to CD for inductions... where do you draw the line? Everybody from Freese to Frank and Bucket to DJ ? Induct everybody who ever got paid for one recording session or played at least one show?

I don't think that was Axl's main gripe as fas as attending or not attending... I'm sure Axl understands... Just guessing, that it was more to how an appearance with Slash would affect the current efforts.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2015, 01:22:16 PM »

I don't think that was Axl's main gripe as fas as attending or not attending... I'm sure Axl understands... Just guessing, that it was more to how an appearance with Slash would affect the current efforts.

Of course that's what it is.  These hypothetical and diversionary conversations are fun as a lark, but we all know god damn well this was about Slash.

As for the current guys, or even the guys that worked on CD but are long gone, do you think they seriously expected induction?  DJ Ashba has literally never performed a note on a GNR album.  Guys like Ron or Frank were not involved in any sort of creation, and simply had some of their stuff imposed over finished tracks to give the impression of collaboration.

These guys thought they deserved to go into the HOF under the GNR banner?  I have a hard time believing that.

In the final analysis, Axl is using all this "confusion" about the process because it sounds better than saying he's not going because he's mad at Slash.

Do you think Axl has a real strong understanding of the inner working and process the Golden Gods uses?  I doubt it.  Did he even ask?  I doubt it.

But Slash wasn't there, so Axl was.  Simple as that.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2015, 01:25:55 PM »

Of course that's what it is.  These hypothetical and diversionary conversations are fun as a lark, but we all know god damn well this was about Slash.

As for the current guys, or even the guys that worked on CD but are long gone, do you think they seriously expected induction?  DJ Ashba has literally never performed a note on a GNR album.  Guys like Ron or Frank were not involved in any sort of creation, and simply had some of their stuff imposed over finished tracks to give the impression of collaboration.

These guys thought they deserved to go into the HOF under the GNR banner?  I have a hard time believing that.

In the final analysis, Axl is using all this "confusion" about the process because it sounds better than saying he's not going because he's mad at Slash.

Do you think Axl has a real strong understanding of the inner working and process the Golden Gods uses?  I doubt it.  Did he even ask?  I doubt it.

Probably not quite as simple as that... but overall... I do think if Slash had stated he wasn't attending the HOF... the percentages of Axl showing would have gone up 95 percent. 

Not judging the man... we all hate who we hate.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2015, 01:29:41 PM »

Probably not quite as simple as that... but overall... I do think if Slash had stated he wasn't attending the HOF... the percentages of Axl showing would have gone up 95 percent. 

Agreed.

And conversely, if Slash started making noises about coming to the Golden Gods, Axl's interest in that one plummets.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2015, 11:18:03 AM »

Nah, it isn't  "as simple as that" wrong again.

But you know it all, or pretend like you do.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2015, 01:24:29 PM »

It's a gift.

And a curse.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: