Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:32:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227861 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES: 'Reckless Road' Biography To Be Turned Into Movie  (Read 75502 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2015, 02:58:35 PM »

Let me get this straight. People think Axl didn't go because of Slash?
Once the induction was announced back in 2011, I think everyone assumed the former members inducted would attend? Don't you think?

So, if Axl knew that Slash was going back then, couldn't he have said "No!" since day one? But he didn't.

I think this is just another case of "it makes sense to me, so this is how it must be".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2015, 03:10:00 PM »

Yeah.  Pretty much.

I don't know how seriously he was considering attending anyway, as such things tend to not be his bag.  But I think the chances of his attendance were 0% with Slash there.  How much they increase if he was told he was not going to be there, I can't say.  But any number is higher than zero.

Then, you have the Golden Gods.  So even if you want to say that its not out of the ordinary for Axl to skip award type shows, I'd agree.  But it seems so long as you honor Axl Rose, and not the band Guns N' Roses, and therefore have no former members there...he shows up. 

And doesn't fret about "the process" of it all.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:14:08 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2015, 04:33:32 PM »

Golden Gods was his award, not the band's.

And the band was performing there. Not the old band, and no reunion issues to "worry" about.

I don't think he had closed the door on attending until he found out more about it all. So in essence, I don't think who was attending was the final straw.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2015, 08:58:40 PM »

These guys thought they deserved to go into the HOF under the GNR banner?  I have a hard time believing that.

So you think the new Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist who was in the band all of 15 minutes at the time of their induction deserved to be inducted but not even Tommy Stinson and Chris Pitman who've been in Guns' for 17 years and have played hundreds of shows with the band?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:04:16 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2015, 10:06:07 PM »

These guys thought they deserved to go into the HOF under the GNR banner?  I have a hard time believing that.

So you think the new Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist who was in the band all of 15 minutes at the time of their induction deserved to be inducted but not even Tommy Stinson and Chris Pitman who've been in Guns' for 17 years and have played hundreds of shows with the band?

Obviously that was a fugaze induction

But no I don't think tommy and Chris belong and I'm sure neither do they

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2015, 10:50:46 PM »

Once the induction was announced back in 2011, I think everyone assumed the former members inducted would attend? Don't you think?

So, if Axl knew that Slash was going back then, couldn't he have said "No!" since day one? But he didn't.

I think this is just another case of "it makes sense to me, so this is how it must be".

/jarmo

Certain people seem set on rewriting history and events to support their narrative.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2015, 04:05:25 PM »

I have no opinion on the Chili Peppers.

17 years is a long time, but what are the fruits of that labor?  15 total songs.

And did those 15 songs really affect the band's legacy?  If Axl never got it together and CD was still in the vault collecting dust, do you honestly think they don't get in?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2015, 04:06:42 PM »

But no I don't think tommy and Chris belong and I'm sure neither do they

I think they'd feel awkward saying it out loud.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2015, 04:46:31 PM »

I have no opinion on the Chili Peppers.

Why not? You have an opinion on everything else!

Maybe it's not convenient to say yes or no because it proves the point the poster made.

/jarmo

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2015, 04:50:22 PM »

Yeah?  Well you can keep arguing tons of examples: wasn't Robert Trujillo inducted (rather absurdly) with Metallica?  Then there was Kiss, where only the original four members were inducted, despite Kiss continuing to be a successful, platinum selling act sans makeup during the 1980s, featuring members such as Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr?  One could easily argue that the 80s lineups kept Kiss in the public eye enough to make people want a reunion of the original members.

However, at the end of the day, comparing GNR to other inducted acts is merely grabbing for straws.  We all acknowledge that the Hall of Fame has no guidelines, they make the judgment call as to what members get in.  It doesn't change the fact that the current GNR lineup (or any lineup post-1993) hasn't advanced GNR's legacy.  The 2002-present lineups have served as little more than fodder for hardcore fans, like many bands after their heyday has passed, regardless of the fact that any of those lineups has included long-serving members.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2015, 04:58:51 PM »

Yeah?  Well you can keep arguing tons of examples: wasn't Robert Trujillo inducted (rather absurdly) with Metallica?  Then there was Kiss, where only the original four members were inducted, despite Kiss continuing to be a successful, platinum selling act sans makeup during the 1980s, featuring members such as Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr?  One could easily argue that the 80s lineups kept Kiss in the public eye enough to make people want a reunion of the original members.

However, at the end of the day, comparing GNR to other inducted acts is merely grabbing for straws.  We all acknowledge that the Hall of Fame has no guidelines, they make the judgment call as to what members get in.  It doesn't change the fact that the current GNR lineup (or any lineup post-1993) hasn't advanced GNR's legacy.  The 2002-present lineups have served as little more than fodder for hardcore fans, like many bands after their heyday has passed, regardless of the fact that any of those lineups has included long-serving members.

Yup . End of story .

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2015, 04:59:13 PM »

Why not? You have an opinion on everything else!

Maybe it's not convenient to say yes or no because it proves the point the poster made.

Not really.

Who got in with the Chili Peppers, who didn't get in with the Chili Peppers, whether the Chili Peppers were abducted by aliens.

None of that is going to affect my opinion the current guys don't have a strong case for inclusion.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #192 on: January 24, 2015, 05:00:19 PM »

Spot on.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »

Who got in with the Chili Peppers, who didn't get in with the Chili Peppers, whether the Chili Peppers were abducted by aliens.

None of that is going to affect my opinion the current guys don't have a strong case for inclusion.

So in your opinion it's logical that a guy who played guitar on one album is inducted while people who were there for 15 years weren't even considered?
I mean, I know it makes sense to you since in your opinion those guys aren't really GN'R...

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2015, 05:29:37 PM »

So in your opinion it's logical that a guy who played guitar on one album is inducted while people who were there for 15 years weren't even considered?
I mean, I know it makes sense to you since in your opinion those guys aren't really GN'R...

I'm saying I don't care!  Who gives a shit?

If they decided to put different guys in for the Chili Peppers, so what?  Had they done it the way you saw fit, is that going to have any bearing on GNR legacy?

What's the endgame of this particular line of argument? 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2015, 05:38:31 PM »

The endgame (another one of your favorite terms, I just wanna add pity party and track record so we get a more complete post with all phrases in one place), is that the so called Hall of Fame makes no fucking sense and it's no wonder Axl didn't feel welcome when some bands get whoever inducted, other bands never get inducted and in other cases it's dictated what band members should be in and who shouldn't.

Yes, it's their party. Their rules. But don't be surprised if everybody doesn't wanna come and play your game.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2015, 05:45:10 PM »

It's not really much of a wonder.

As for the endgame of the argument, I'm just struggling to see the connection.  Who did, or did not, get in for another band has zero to do with nothing after 1994 having anything to do with GNR's own induction.

You are saying things just to say them.  There is no substance behind it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:00:55 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2015, 07:52:14 PM »

You're struggling to see the connection because in your mind the only possible reason is whatever you dreamed up. The Axl in the Mean Machine jersey doesn't go because of Slash. That's it. Nothing else makes sense.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2015, 09:03:50 PM »

You're struggling to see the connection because in your mind the only possible reason is whatever you dreamed up. The Axl in the Mean Machine jersey doesn't go because of Slash. That's it. Nothing else makes sense.

I think it played a huge role, yes.

But we were talking about the current guy's merit for induction.  Not Slash.  That was a conversation or two back. 

Why not just stay on the current band's merit?  Where does Slash come in? 

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2015, 09:27:00 PM »

However, at the end of the day, comparing GNR to other inducted acts is merely grabbing for straws.  We all acknowledge that the Hall of Fame has no guidelines, they make the judgment call as to what members get in.  

Thanks for proving my point about the idiotic and illogical nature of the induction process in much more detail than I originally offered ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: