Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 12:44:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227953 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 318568 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1780 on: June 09, 2011, 02:13:57 PM »

Nikki Sixx is interviewed by 97.1 The Eagle before the show in Dallas. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HP9PLyXYF4

And from Tommy Lee:

While Lee says there wasn't any rivalry between M?tley Cr?e and Poison (?We were already off and running,? said Lee), he did admit they noticed them.

?At the time, we were, like, ?Wow! Those guys are like us.' I guess that's what we thought. But at that time, there were a lot bands like us. It wasn't just Poison, there was a lot,? said Lee. ?We had a pretty dominant sound and look for a while there.?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/article/The-Crue-1413967.php

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1781 on: June 11, 2011, 12:35:26 PM »

6/17: Q&A with Motley Crue's Tommy Lee, set for Phoenix

Lee, 48, called while driving around the band's hometown of Los Angeles to talk about his band and his life, which has included failed marriages to actresses Heather Locklear and Pamela Anderson.

Question: Given the excesses you wrote about in The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band, did you think the band would make it to its 30th anniversary?
Answer: If you had asked me that back then, I would have said, "Yeah." I never really saw me personally slowing down and certainly not the band.

Q: Do you have any regrets about being so open through the years about life in the band and offstage?
A: All of us pretty much wear our emotions and secrets on our sleeves. We never pulled a punch, ever - literally. (Laughs)

Q: How do you feel as you start to wind down your 40s?
A: It's so just like a number to me. It's bizarre. My oldest son is about to turn 15, and he was born, it feels like, just a couple small years ago. It's a clich?, but when you're having fun, the time definitely does fly. The craziest thing is, I feel like I'm 14.

Q: Has drumming kept you in shape or do you work out?
A: I work out in the gym, too. I go in spurts. I get bored, and I'll do something else or play drums. I work hard, and I play hard. I put one of those pedometers on my ankle one day because I was (wondering) after a 90-minute or two-hour show what this equated to if I was jogging. I took the thing off after a show, and it said 13 miles. So if there are any toxins in my body prior to the show, it's safe to say they are gone after the set.

Q: You invited the legendary New York Dolls on tour with your band. Did you listen to them back in their '70s heyday?
A: We sort of grew up on those guys as one of handful of inspirations. So to go on tour with them will be fun. I never knew the guys personally, but I was hanging out with (singer) David Johansen a couple weeks, and what a riot. I love his sarcasm and hilarious look at the world.

Q: The title cut from your "Saints of Los Angeles" album got a Grammy nomination in 2009. How did that feel?
A: Those kinds of things are material things that aren't so important to me. But it is cool to be acknowledged by your peers.

Q: You did a reality show ("Tommy Lee Goes to College") and have appeared on a few other TV series, including "Californication." Is acting a long-term goal?
A: I try to pick and choose the things that are cool. The things I've done have been either music-driven or things I haven't experienced yet. You have to be careful with this TV stuff. It can get real cheesy real quick if you don't watch what you're doing.

Q: Are you single or attached these days?
A: Actually, it's kind of a record for me. I've got a beautiful Greek girl (Sofia Toufa) who has been my girlfriend for a year and a few months. I'm Greek, too, so I'm happily attached.

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/music/articles/2011/06/10/20110610motley-crue-tommy-lee-poison-phoenix-concert.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1782 on: June 13, 2011, 01:37:23 PM »

M?tley Cr?e's Vince Neil reflects on 30-year run

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Neil, who owns a home in Danville, looks back on the group's studio releases and marvels that he survived. "When people give us lifetime achievement awards and all that, I think, wow, we've been together 30 years," he says. "Not too many bands can do that."

"Too Fast for Love" (1981)

I fell into singing because this guy in high school asked me to sing in his band. I asked him why and he said because I had the longest hair at my school. I thought, free beer and girls. Why not? The album costs us $3,000 to make and we did it in three days. It was just a demo. The New York Dolls were a huge influence with the music and fashion. We were all in bands in the late '70s, so we were really into them and the Sweet, those kind of trashy, glam-rock bands.

"Shout at the Devil" (1983)

That's when we got signed. We got a real producer and real studio. We got to tour with Ozzy Osbourne. It was the beginning of MTV. We were just really lucky with the timing. Once we got known, things went really fast. Things just exploded. We started headlining and we never looked back.

"Theatre of Pain" (1985)

We had two big hits - "Smokin' in the Boys Room" and "Home Sweet Home" - but the whole record wasn't that good. Most bands usually split and are done after that. But "Home Sweet Home" really defined M?tley Cr?e. That was the beginning of the power ballads. They used to have those contests on MTV where people would vote for their favorite video. We won, I think, for almost a year. They finally had to take the video off and they started the M?tley Cr?e rule, where no video could be on that thing more than six weeks or whatever.

"Girls, Girls, Girls" (1987)

That album is one of my favorites. It was all about girls and motorcycles. I would say, in a way, that was our first mature album.

"Dr. Feelgood" (1989)

We went to Vancouver to get out of Los Angeles. We were there for eight months because those were the days you would spend a lot of time and money making an album. Everybody was clean. Aerosmith were in the same studio making r "Pump" and they were sober. It was cool hanging out with them. People were popping in all the time. I have a picture of me, Steven (Tyler), Bryan Adams, Jack Blades from Night Ranger all singing together.

"M?tley Cr?e" (1994)

We weren't getting along. I didn't want to be in the band anymore. They didn't want me. They made it with singer John Corabi, who's a really nice guy. But to this day I haven't heard it. I was busy doing my own stuff. Within two months of leaving the band, I put out "You're Invited but Your Friend Can't Come," which was on the "Encino Man" soundtrack. That song did really well. I'm not upset they called it M?tley Cr?e, but I was shocked. I don't know what they were thinking.

"Generation Swine" (1997)

I hate that record. I didn't want to do those songs. I didn't want to be there. I probably quit five more times while we were recording. It was a tough record to make, just the egos. ... We were recording at Nikki's house, and I hadn't talked to the guys in a long time. But M?tley Cr?e is the four of us. That's it. No one is bigger than the whole.

"New Tattoo" (2000)

Tommy quit and we went through a couple drummers. Randy Castillo from Ozzy's band played with us. Then he passed away from cancer. Then we had Samantha Maloney from Hole. I thought it was cool having a girl drummer. We definitely got closer without Tommy. Things work out for the best. I should have left when I did and it was the right time for him to leave and come back. You've got to remember it's not easy being with the same people for 30 years - you only know your parents and brothers and sisters that long. Me and Tommy go back even further. We went to high school together. It's been 35 years. In that time, you're going to have arguments, fights and differences.

"Saints of Los Angeles" (2008)

The press thinks we always fight but we don't. We're getting ready for a big tour. We just did South America. I love it. Even when M?tley doesn't tour I tour with my solo band. I think 2004 was the last time I didn't tour more than a couple months. I just love being out on the road. Now we're tighter than ever. All the turmoil made us a better band. {sbox}

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/06/08/PKFK1JOSVG.DTL#ixzz1PB8sf7zH

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1783 on: June 15, 2011, 06:40:09 PM »

Motley will be closing this years Sunset Strip Music Festival  Cool I didn't see them last night at the hollywood bowl, but I will in August.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1784 on: June 17, 2011, 03:12:18 PM »

Motley will be closing this years Sunset Strip Music Festival  Cool I didn't see them last night at the hollywood bowl, but I will in August.

Opening and closing.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1785 on: June 17, 2011, 03:14:03 PM »

Motley Crue and Poison Tour Is Hair Metal's Hottest Ticket

This tour should be sponsored by Final Net.

In a match made in hair-band heaven, Motley Crue and Poison have teamed up to rock stages across the country this summer. And Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil tells FOX411 this one's going to be huge.

"We?ve got the full big production, and Tommy?s crazy drum solo thing that he?s doing, the big roller coaster,? Neil said.

He's referring to an actual roller coaster that will be erected onstage, on which drummer Tommy Lee will ride while performing his signature drum solo.
You get the picture.

?I mean, it?s a it?s a great concert, it?s a great package," Neil continued. "Poison has a ton of great songs, they?ve been around for 25 years. And the Dolls."

Ah yes, the Dolls, as in the New York Dolls, the legendary grandfathers of hair metal, fronted by singer David Johanssen.

"They?re big influences on Motley Crue," Neil said. "I have David Johanssen out there singing. I mean, it?s pretty cool!?

While the Crue have tried to avoid touring with fellow hair bands from the 80?s, they could not deny the inevitable, as the fans not only decided on the set list for the band, but voted for Poison to join the tour. Neil tells FOX411 this time around, they just want to give their fans what they want.

?It feels good to just get out there with a big show,? Neil said. ?We?re all about [for] a 10 dollar ticket, give them a 100 dollar show.?

But after 30 years of playing live, Neil admits that touring takes its toll.

?After the show, my knees hurt, my ankles hurt, the next morning my shoulders hurt," Neil, 50, says. "But once the lights go down, the music starts, you don?t feel any pain anymore. It's just the next morning you?re like, ouch. We?re a bit older, now.?

But their hair is still just as high.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/06/17/motley-crue-takes-poison-on-road-in-hair-metal-extravaganza/#ixzz1PYv8TJuh

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1786 on: June 17, 2011, 10:00:34 PM »

Neil said. ?We?re all about [for] a 10 dollar ticket, give them a 100 dollar show.?

Why are they charging nearly $200 for a ticket on their upcoming Australian tour then...?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1787 on: June 18, 2011, 12:14:15 AM »

Neil said. ?We?re all about [for] a 10 dollar ticket, give them a 100 dollar show.?

Why are they charging nearly $200 for a ticket on their upcoming Australian tour then...?
Yeah, I certainly would't say it's the "hottest ticket" either.  I just stopped into the Mohegan Sun box office the other day to check on Def Leppard/Heart tickets.  They had only individual seats left, yet had up to 13 or more together for Crue/Poison.  Tickets are also $25 MORE for Motley.  I'd like to go, but $100 for seats might not be worth it in the end.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1788 on: June 18, 2011, 03:54:46 AM »

it was like 250+ for pit tickets here, fuck that shit. For 45$ I could see them at the Festival. Sure it won't be a big production show, but I get to save a shitload of $$$
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1789 on: June 19, 2011, 05:18:38 AM »

Just got back from the show in Vegas. Good show. Poison was entertaining. Motley sounded great (including Vince) right up until Dr. Feelgood. Then Vince started being Vince and the whole sound seemed to be off. I've seen better shows from them but also seen a lot better. Fun night out. Worth it.

Axl is God.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1790 on: June 22, 2011, 02:40:03 PM »

This from Nikki Sixx in part 2:

June 21

I know you were resistant at first of kind of doing this getting the 80?s bands together doing this with Poison and the Dolls. Can you talk to us about what you expect and what you are excited about on this tour this summer?

NS: I?m excited about the fact that it is not an 80?s tour. I was really resistant to it because of what you said, an 80?s package. I don?t want to do an 80?s package because that?s not fair to the band. That?s not all we are. Yeah, we started back then but so did U2, so did Metallica and GNR. So, you have to be careful with that when you are a band because I don?t want to be one-dimensional. I think Motley Crue is more than that. We were punk and heavy metal mixed together.I had never heard music played like this before. We didn?t do it because it was calculated. We did it because that is what we loved. You have Mick Marrs who loves Paul Butterfield, and Nikki Sixx who loves the Sex Pistols, and Vince Neil who loves Cheap Trick, and Tommy Lee who loves Tommy Aldrich as a drummer and what he did. It?s unbelievable how it happened. We just decided to go out and play all these great songs. In the end, the fans really dictated our final position because they got to call it out and force the conversations to start.

http://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/blog-1922-interview-with-nikki-sixx-this-is-gonna-hurt.html
http://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/blog-2096-nikki-sixx-part-two-hes-back.html

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1791 on: June 23, 2011, 02:22:31 AM »

It's almost same setlist as before, meh...wished they did more satd/tffl-stuff peace

btw, vince removed a mole!?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 02:29:13 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1792 on: June 29, 2011, 02:10:53 PM »

From Nikki Sixx:

Jun 30 2011

New Times: In your new memoir, you're very candid about how none of the members of M?tley Cr?e have been to each other's houses. Has that changed since you released the book? Are you better friends?

Nikki Sixx: No, no. You know, it's like we're home, and we live together on the road for months at a time, and we go home, and I'm very, very, very regimented. I do seven shows in four days, a radio show, always doing photography, working on another book. Involved in M?tley on a million different levels, as are the other guys. It doesn't so much... like let's get together for a barbecue. Sunday comes, and I'm like hanging out with my kids. I think there's a misconception that people think that rock bands hang out together all the time, but it's not unlike a lot of people: When you leave your job on Friday, do you go hang out at your boss' house on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday night after work? It's a little bit of folklore that you all hang together.

You also talked about how Vince Neil said not nice things about you in his autobiography. He's been in the news lately with some hard times of his own. Do you feel closer to him than before?

I've always felt close with Vince. I honestly don't believe, you know? Vince didn't write his own book. The problem with ghost writers is that they get a piece, and the problem when they get a piece is that they want to create sensationalism because they sell books. What they don't realize is that internal relationships are more powerful than anything, so I just kind of laugh. Vince seemed not to have anything to do with it.

Continue here: http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2011-06-30/music/m-ouml-tley-career-the-ever-lengthening-job-description-of-nikki-sixx/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1793 on: June 30, 2011, 02:29:27 PM »

From Vince Neil:

Jun. 30, 2011

?We usually don?t get good feedback from critics but this one is hard for even our worst critics to say that anything?s wrong,? Neil said during a recent phone interview. ?Everybody is at the top of his game and playing amazing.?

?I love doing ?Girls, Girls, Girls,? ? he said without hesitation when asked what Crue tune he likes singing best. ?The crowd loves it. That?s when all the tops come off and the girls are dancing. That never gets old.?

And how does the 50-year-old singer account for Crue?s current comeback?

?We?re just really, really excited about it again,? Neil said. ?It?s so much fun to be on stage, doing the show, knowing everybody is just really good.?

http://www.bradenton.com/2011/06/30/3313065_p2/crue-singer-on-three-decades-of.html

And Tommy Lee:

Randi Rico's exclusive backstage interview with Tommy Lee. Tommy talks about the progression of his crazy drum kits and the time he almost blew off his hand at Riverbend.

Jun 27, 2011

http://www.channels.com/episodes/show/14620614/Randi-Rico-Talks-With-Motley-Crue-Drummer-Tommy-Lee

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1794 on: July 04, 2011, 10:37:13 AM »

http://www.undercover.fm/news/15252-vince-neil-receives-lifetime-achievement-award

Vince Neil Receives Lifetime Achievement Award
By Music-News.com
Yesterday at 11:22am (Sun, 03 Jul 2011)

Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil has been given a lifetime achievement award.

Neil's recent run-ins with the police in Las Vegas evidently has not tarnished his reputation with Vegas Rocks! magazine as they have given him their Lifetime Achievement Award.

The rock legend, who lives in Las Vegas but is currently on tour celebrating his band's 30th anniversary, will be honoured at the ceremony in the Las Vegas Hilton on August 21.

Vegas Rocks! Magazine Publisher Sally Steele said: "We will be honouring Vince with the Lifetime Achievement in Rock 'n' Roll" Award, and there is no one that deserves it more than Vince.

"Vince has done so much over the years for charity since he has lived here in Las Vegas and done so many events that has made this town buzz with excitement. It is especially a thrill to me personally to present this award to Vince, since I started this publication seven years ago to honour and glorify my favourite band Motley Crue.

"We are also planning on having a secret special guest present Vince's award to him with me, so stay tuned!"

Motley Crue has sold more than 80 million copies worldwide and released their last studio album, 'Saints of Los Angeles' in 2008 while Vince's latest solo album, Tattoos + Tequila was released in 2010.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1795 on: July 05, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »

So now Nikki Sixx says that touring with Poison wasn't something he or Motley Crue wanted to do.  How many versions of this can there be.

Motley Crue headlines explosive night of rock

July 1, 2011

Q: When did you first start talking about this particular lineup?

Nikki Sixx: When the concept to do something this summer came up, the economy is in such a bad state that we were going, "How can we do something that is different and the fans feel like they?re getting a bang for their buck?" We loved the idea of the New York Dolls, so it was a matter of filling in the blank. Fans were really pushing for Poison, and we were like, [they] were something that happened after us [in the ?80s]. It wasn?t really what I or the band wanted to do, but you have to listen to the fans and we?re really engaged with the fans. I talked to [Poison lead singer] Bret [Michaels] and said, do you still believe in rock ?n? roll? And he said, "I live and breathe it." It will be a great night of hits. And to me, I?m so excited to turn our fans on to the New York Dolls.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/AccessAtlanta-sharing_/motley-crue-headlines-explosive-995057.html

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1796 on: July 07, 2011, 09:09:17 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHMAZL2B4bM Kickstart peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1797 on: July 07, 2011, 01:03:15 PM »

Guitars from Mars
A CONVERSATION WITH M?TLEY CR?E?S MICK MARS

July 7, 2011

I ask Mars how he keeps things fresh while maintaining the integrity of the songs.

?I throw in little things here and there,? he offers. ?I change things a little bit. The body of the song is there and people know what it is. But on a song like ? Ten Seconds To Love? that everybody knows, I may not play the same solo every night on that song just to make it a little different for me. The fans might say (imitating a frustrated voice), ?He didn?t play the same solo!? but I do stuff like that. I keep the song true to what it is, add little pops and dives and stuff that?s fun for me.?

I ask how the relationships have endured through it all.

?Because we are all too stupid to do anything else,? Mars says with a laugh. ?I don?t know?it?s 30 years worth of stuff and it?s like a family. We have our spats just like any other family kind of thing. It?s like Thanksgiving?everybody can argue about how the turkey is cooked. That gives you an idea of how things can get petty. You go off for a month and then you start talking, it?s that kind of a deal. It?s not a big deal at all.?

Continue here: http://bhamweekly.com/birmingham/article-2423-guitars-from-mars.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1798 on: July 10, 2011, 01:01:05 PM »

From Tommy Lee:

July 08, 2011

How?s the tour going?

It?s so epic, man. It feels like one of the best summers yet. It?s just been mobbed to capacity, and everyone?s having a good time. The show is amazing. It?s got all the components of becoming quite the epic summer.

Does the 30-year anniversary have any special significance for you?

I guess it should have some significance. Subconsciously it does, but it?s weird because that cheeseball saying, ?Time flies when having fun,? is true. It doesn?t seem that long. My oldest boy just turned 15, and I?m like, ?What the [expletive deleted] just happened?? I don?t know where the time has gone. It?s a blur. It should mean a lot, but it doesn?t feel like it?s been that long.

Are you surprised to still be performing Crue songs 30 years later?

I am surprised. In those days, we were lucky to wake up the next morning. I do pinch myself often. I still feel like a little punk kid. It does remind you of your age. After 3 in the morning when my body is sore as hell after rocking out I?m like, ?I got it. I?m not 14.? But I definitely pinch myself. I never in a million years said, ?We?ll be doing this 30 years from now? back then.

Tell me a little bit about this ?roller coaster drum solo? you do.

It?s basically an evolution of something I?ve been doing since beginning of Motley Crue. At a young age, I would go to concerts and during the drums solo ... everyone would go to bathroom or get a T-shirt. I couldn?t understand why everyone would leave. I thought, I gotta figure out a way to keep people entertained.

I started by tilting the drum riser up so [the audience] could get a top view and see the feet and hands going. Basically I created a monster because after that it was ?What you going to do next year?? Now I?m on a roller coaster with drums strapped to it.

[When they built the coaster] it was imperative [to put] a jump seat in, so we could pull a fan out of audience and take them on a ride. The audience goes bananas during that. Any time you can involve audience in show, you?ve won them over. I?m getting goose bumps just talking about it.

Is it difficult to keep the show fresh after so many years?

It is difficult. I?m the first guy to say I?ve seen it all. Especially with YouTube and [other] mediums, you better have something cool to entertain people with. The thing we did this year I think is awesome is it?s a fan-driven show. The fans picked bands we?re touring with. The fans voted and compiled a set list of songs.

How is the band getting along these days?

We?re all getting along famously. It?s weird because in early days we all would ride on same bus. Now people have kids and separate buses and stuff. Some things have changed, but other things are same as ever was.

http://blog.pennlive.com/go/2011/07/motley_crue_gooing_strong_afte.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1799 on: July 11, 2011, 02:07:53 PM »

New Motley Crue record...

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: MOTLEY CRUE?S VINCE NEIL SAYS ?MOST BANDS FORGET THAT THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT?

2 hours ago

Motley Crue singer Vince Neil, in an exclusive interview with Ultimate Classic Rock, takes the younger generation of rock bands to task for depressing people instead of entertaining them. He also disagrees with bandmate Tommy Lee?s stance against future Motley Crue albums, and reveals he has yet to ride the ?Drumcoaster? that?s getting so much attention on the band?s current summer tour:

How?s the tour going so far?
It?s going great. The shows have been, you know, if not sold out, really close to it. The crowds have been great; the bands are playing great; it?s been a lot of fun.

You let the fans pick your setlist this time. It seems they came pretty close to what you?ve played before?
Well, some of them were kind of no-brainers, you know. Everyone?s gonna vote for, obviously, the hits. But some of them, we weren?t really expecting, like ?Smokin? in the Boys Room? and ?Too Young to Fall in Love,? which we haven?t done in a long time. So, it was actually really cool to be able to do those songs again.

Was anything they chose hard to sing, where you said, ?Oh, you bastards!?
Hard to sing? No, nope, nope nothing! These are the songs that I love to sing. ?Too Young to Fall in Love? has probably been one of my favorite songs forever. We?re also doing ?Ten Seconds to Love? and ?Too Fast for Love,? so, you know, there?s some really cool songs.

Is it harder to sing any of your older songs now?
No, it?s actually getting easier. My voice is getting better now than it?s ever been in my 30-year career. I?m just happy it is. Songs are easier to sing now. I think your voice just matures. Even when Motley doesn?t tour, I tour with my solo band, so I sing constantly. I haven?t had a break since 2003 from singing. It?s a muscle ? the more you use it, the stronger it gets.

How?s Mick Mars doing?
He?s doing great! He?s playing great, he?s running around on stage, you know, he?s a maniac.

Is it true he?s going to record an R&B album?
He?s been talking about that stuff for years, and I hope he finally does it, because he plays that stuff great. I think it would be great; I think people would be really surprised and dig what he puts out.

Tommy Lee was saying he didn?t think the band should put out any more new albums. Do you agree?
No, I like putting out new music. I don?t think we?d ever not put out new music. There will definitely be a new Motley record in the next year or so. Right now, we?re just focused on touring. Once this tour starts slowing down, then we?ll start putting some stuff together and put a record out. We?re also planning on doing Crue Fest 3 next summer.

Continue here: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/vince-neil-interview/

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: