Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:37:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Will 2005 finally be the year Axl comes back?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will 2005 finally be the year Axl comes back?  (Read 26165 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: December 29, 2004, 12:19:32 AM »

Well I wrote this in 2004, maybe it will happen this year.
I also added to it.

It has been a while since we last heard from Mr. Axl Rose since buckethead left but there is still huge interest in what the red head is doing and his long awaited album. Nothing official has come from the Gn?r camp in ages and their official web page still looks the same as it did after the aborted tour last December 2002. What we have gotten is rumors and now a possible April release date that might be the light at the end of the tunnel. These rumors being good or bad does not really matter, it just adds to the legend of Axl Rose and keeps his name in the media to keep people interested, just when you don?t think you will hear anything about Axl some weird rumor always seems to pops up.

Like him or not, Axl Rose is one interesting person and most often he is misunderstood. Some people like to think of Axl as an asshole, but that is just because Axl likes to keep to himself and he likes his privacy. Axl does not crave attention or look to make headlines, he does that with out even trying and sometimes I think that embarrasses him. I know a lot of Gn?r fans get pissed off at Axl because he has not been telling us his every move or what his plans are but I think that is a good thing. Axl seems to get himself in trouble every time he tells us about a possible tour, a possible release date or anything else for that matter. When Axl has told us about tentative tours or release dates and then those things fall through or dates pass by people bash him because they didn?t happen, that is why I think Axl doesn?t want to say anything until he is 100% positive it is going to happen. That is why I don?t think will hear from Axl until he knows the album is 100% done and the release date is set in stone. I don?t think Axl likes to disappoint his fans and this is his best way of getting our hopes up for the release of this album. Another thing fans need to keep in mind is that Axl wants to make the best possible he can, and he does not care how long it takes, this album will be his legacy. This album will make or break his career since it is his first album with out the old band.

A lot of old Gn?r fans like to think the new songs we have heard so far are not as good as the old bands songs, but that is not the important question. The important question is, are the new songs as good or better than the current mainstream songs on the radio today? And IMO the answer to that is YES. I think Madagascar, the Blues and Chinese Democracy are just as good if not better than a lot of the music on the radio right now, and those songs are not even the ?big guns? that Axl has in store for us.

If Axl does things correctly I think 2005 could be his year. He has a set of amazing players backing him up and they have all worked very hard on this album. The few people that have heard the album have all said how great or amazing the songs are, so I think if CD is promoted the way it should be it could be the best album of 2005. Axl and his new Gn?r could also be on top of the music world again. Just look at a few years ago the mtv mva?s. They got a huge pop and people were going ape sh!t. The U.S. tour was not as bad as some naysayers would have you believe. The U.S. tour did pretty damn well considering there was almost no promotion for it and no new album in sight. Just think of how the tour would do with the band having a hit single on the radio, the album being released, a possible video on mtv and proper promotion for the tour. I think it could be huge. All Axl has to do is release the album and let it speak for itself. Axl has to understand he can?t please everyone. Yes Axl will lose some of the old fans with the new band and new sound, but he will also pick up many more fans along the way. As bad as Axl sounded back then he sounded better than the crappy live bands tonight on the VMAs.

Chinese Democracy is going to be like nothing we have heard before from Guns n? Roses. Tommy calls the new songs ?earth shattering? and Dizzy has said the songs will exceed our expectations. Those statements make me wonder how amazing this album could very well be. Brian May and Tommy have both talked about how outrageous/amazing Axl's voice is on the album. Tommy also alluded that the rockers on CD will be like old gnr, while Zakk Wylde said the songs he heard from CD sounded like AFD on steroids.
Axl?s lyrics are said to have deeper meaning than on past albums, and we know there is a song about John Lennon, a song about Axl?s childhood abuse, and I am sure ones about the old band and the break up with Steph Seymour. This album will also have some political flavor with Chinese Democracy and Oklahoma (if that song makes the album).
I believe Chinese Democracy is going to showcase the new bands diversity and could still be talked about years from now much like AFD is still proclaimed as being just as fresh today as it was 15 years ago. CD is said to be a melting pot album by Axl and I think you will be able to tell what each members input was to each song. I think each song will have each member?s trademark, something they can all be proud of.
I am not saying this album will be the best album ever, but I believe it?s going to something that will inspire discussion for years to come. and not only will it serve to cement Axl's legendary status as the ultimate rock star, it will preserve the dignity of the guns n roses name in the annals of rock history

It is now time for Axl to take his throne back as the best front man in rock, others have tried but none have even come close to having Axl presence or aura. Axl holds his own destiny and legacy in his own hands. He can either be the huge star he used to be or he can just disappear again. Either way Axl Rose will always be one of music great mysteries. He had it all in the 90s and he can have it all again if he wants to, he just has to release the album and everything will fall into place.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 12:31:59 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
southsiderwp
Opening Act

11/24/02 - 11/24/06

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 03:07:28 AM »

I ll bet a 100 dollars on it not being this year, not that im hopeful for it just that I ve been burned since 2001 and not even carin anymore Huh

Tis only a flesh wound....
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 03:35:16 AM »

If Axl really wanted a response without releasing the record, he should have someone leak a few demos of his songs on kazaa or edonkey. Then if the demos got a good reveiw from the fans, Axl would know the CD is ready. I think the suspense of what might happen is holding it back.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 05:18:31 AM »

Great post Dave  ok   I believe that if CD is not out by May, it never will be.  However I don't think that this will be the case as everything we have read or seen is implying that Chinese Democracy is just around the corner,  yes
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 08:35:06 AM »

Well I wrote this in 2004, maybe it will happen this year.

nervous

but it think 05 2 (as i did belive 04 in 03 coffee )

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 08:38:46 AM »

every year is the year... Dave you can edit this post every year.. hihi
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004, 09:13:21 AM »

Will 2005 finally be the year Axl comes back??

No... I think this comming summer were still going to be asking "where is axl"  and hoping for a fall 05 release..

honestly why would you all think that 2005 would be the year?? It hasnt been Axls year for over a decade.. I dont know why anyone would think that 2005 would be the year either...

and we should all just forget the "Tommy and Dizzy said" quotes and rumors since NOTHING they have ever said has been correct..

Axl is too busy fighting lawsuits against his old band and Clear Channel and quite possibly Geffen/Interscope...

my prediction is No 2005 is not going to be Axl Roses year either..
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2004, 09:23:19 AM »

I don't think I can realistically believe we will even hear anything from Axl this year.  Possibly not even a press release or anything.  There is no indication of any real news.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2004, 09:27:24 AM »

I bet that if CD doesn't come out in 2005, another member(s) will leave. So we'll get a press release at least.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2004, 09:33:39 AM »

I am hopeful that it will be out before the end of 2005. Axl may have a lot going on in his life, that needs to be taken care of or whatever ( I don't judge people, their lives are they're own). But I think he needs to get it out in order to hang onto the members. They have been very loyal, but they have responcablies too.

And yes, Dave good post!!! We think a lot a like!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2004, 09:37:22 AM »

Dave-gnfnr2k...

how long did it take you to write that 1st post??? ?maybe 10 minutes out of your day???

you wrote that long post about about a band that means alot to you...

why do you think that Axl Rose cant take the same 10 minutes out of his day to write just a little update for his fans and the people who are going to buy his album and go to his tours...

I think axl is done... he had his chance and its gone now.. whatever the reason is(hes not telling) but i think that the chances of it are slim to none in 2005..
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2004, 09:41:53 AM »

Contributing to the movie "SIN CITY" would be a great start.

This movie will be released on April 1st. The soundtrack will come out a month ahead. Songs will be leaked from the soundtrack before it comes out. Singles will also be sent out to radio.

To me this a kick ass movie. Teens will go see. And think KWEL is the word.

Sin City has a following.

A great way to release Chinese Democracy as far as I know.

o well........................the wait continues.

-5th
LimeGreen_Engines
Headliner

I like GN'R, but not that much.

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2004, 09:44:41 AM »

This question gets raised every year Roll Eyes

2005 will probably not be the year of Chinese Democracy. If it is, I will be pleasantly surprised.

And all this business about guessing possible soundtracks is a load of rubbish. We've been there done that with Terminator 3.
It's not gonna happen!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 09:50:45 AM by LimeGreen_Engines » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2004, 11:03:58 AM »

I second that, if nothing comes out in 05, I can`t see all the members still sticking around.

If the album is almost done as Tommy says, there is no reason at all it shouldn`t come out next year. Axl says it will come out, so I am hopeful.

Then again Axl says a lot of shit than hasn`t panned out so far..

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2004, 11:51:58 AM »

Hmmm. Every year, people I know ask me the same kind of condescending questions like, "So, when is Chinese Democracy scheduled now?" Or the always classic, "Who is in the band now?"

So yea, even when people diss, they are interested.

Just the other day, my bro and I started talking about them, and for the first time, I answered a little differently then I ever have. I said, "Who the fuck knows anymore."

I don't need to defend how much of a fan of Axl and GNR I am in here. So when I say something like, I have lost complete confidence that Chinese Democracy will be released, you can take that as you will. For the first time, I find myself no longer a believer. I actually no longer have the feeling towards it that I have felt year after year.

Maybe once something concrete is officially given, that warm feeling will come back when thinking about it, but right now its gone. I don't post in here much these days either, but still come back almost daily, because its become a routine joke when I come into work every morning. I check my emails, go over my workload, and then think "so, I bet there is some new news with GNR today." I make myself laugh inside with that too.

Will 2005 finally be the year Axl comes back? What do you really in your heart of hearts think, Dave? Personally I have felt strongly about this kind of question in previous years. Shit you know that better then anyone here. I'm not feeling it now. I don't think it will. In fact, I think its farther away then ever before. Especially since that last Brain interview. I don't think Buckethead will be on the album, unless he miraculously re-enters the fold (which seems unlikely so Axl will probably be an Axl and have his parts redone), and yea that Brain interview with all his lovely quotables of "Ifs" and "Theirs."

But fuckinanyway, here we are. A brand new year. This is going to be a good year. I feel that. But thinking logically (which is normally a mistake regarding anything Axl does) and realistically, Chinese Democracy won't be a part of it.

Happy New Years to all of you too. Have some champagne and a bowl, and bring in the new year proper like.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2004, 12:02:40 PM »

Last year I really thought it was coming out because they had RIR4 lined up and all that, then BH left and they pulled out of RIR4, then it looked bad.  I really think it would have came out last year if BH didnt leave.  This year who knows, they still have not replaced BH, so until they do, expect the album not to come out.  I wont count on anything until we hear something offical.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2004, 12:05:10 PM »

Happy New Years to all of you too. Have some champagne and a bowl, and bring in the new year proper like.

thanks beer you 2

there's other rock-related stuff coming upcoming year, so it don't matter if cd dosen't hit us-
but i don't think it's so logical, after whats been said by the members lately, that gnr will sleep this year too

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2004, 12:22:34 PM »

It has to be next year...

If Axl want this band to stay together...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 12:26:56 PM by DemocracyRose » Logged
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2004, 12:27:25 PM »

It has to be next year...

If Axl want this band to stay together... He has to release next year...

What exactly makes you think the band is still together?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2004, 01:30:53 PM »

I havent heard other wise... Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: