Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:16:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl's voice
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's voice  (Read 19951 times)
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2005, 03:09:03 PM »

Axl's voice on IRS and Oh my God are not alike. his voice on IRS is much more clearer and natural, it is not a "computerized voice" like OMG (sounds horrible).

IRS is on another league. This is a better song.

i know it's computerized, i still think it sound good and my point was that his voice is actually cleaner than it used to be in that song as well. listen to it again if you don't believe me.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2005, 03:09:43 PM »

After watching Live 8, I noticed the same thing about the singer from Linkin Park (not sure of his name). He used to have that raw, scratchy scream, but if you listen to the concert ( http://music.channel.aol.com/live_8_concert/highlights ) his voice sounds smooth, if that's the right word to use. Seems like he must have taken vocal lessions to save his voice. Like Axl, there is no way you can make those sounds and keep it up for any length of time. On top of age, Axl must have done something similar to protect himself. I'm sure Axl can still have that raw sound (see above prior posts examples) but it needs to be limited in use.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2005, 03:13:16 PM »

I just wanna hear Axl rip thru songs again. I wanna hear and interpret the lyrics. I mean look at songs like coma,estranged..fukin brilliant. I am dying to hear CITR and TWAT...thos emust be great songs lyric wise at the very least.

It just sux because we have no idea what the future holds for this album. I dont even care of GNR are big. I just want that album for myself. To just sit in my roon and blast the shit out of that album. Over and Over. If Axl wants to have that spolight again, go for it, he'll be able to achieve it. If he doesnt, thats cool too, but dont deprive us of that album.
 But i want that album because I know its going to be worth it. The lyrics and vocals alone are going to be meanigful. The question is did the band musically match Axl. And IRS demonstrated to me that they can write a good, structured song with a catchy chorus. They have given us a variety fo songs already and after 5 yrs none of them have grown old on me.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2005, 03:22:34 PM »

his IRS 10 seconds scream at the end blew me away when I heard it the first time. I put my headphones and when the scream came, I was like "holly shit!" Shocked Cheesy

impressive.

definately, i had that same reaction. axl's still got it. smoking
I just wanna hear Axl rip thru songs again. I wanna hear and interpret the lyrics. I mean look at songs like coma,estranged..fukin brilliant. I am dying to hear CITR and TWAT...thos emust be great songs lyric wise at the very least.

It just sux because we have no idea what the future holds for this album. I dont even care of GNR are big. I just want that album for myself. To just sit in my roon and blast the shit out of that album. Over and Over. If Axl wants to have that spolight again, go for it, he'll be able to achieve it. If he doesnt, thats cool too, but dont deprive us of that album.
 But i want that album because I know its going to be worth it. The lyrics and vocals alone are going to be meanigful. The question is did the band musically match Axl. And IRS demonstrated to me that they can write a good, structured song with a catchy chorus. They have given us a variety fo songs already and after 5 yrs none of them have grown old on me.

i agree, lyrics mean alot to me and axl is capable of writing brilliant lyrics as well put it to brilliant music, so this record will see him out-do himself, i think.
but here's a question: i keep hearing people (at message boards) talk about the songs rumored or mentioned in magazines a few years ago like they are already classics, and we don't even know for sure that they exist, much less if they will make the album! i'm sure if they exist they are great, but let's not be ridicilous.

and what the fuck was the point of morphing my thread into another thread? so that it wouldn't get as much exposure? i fucking created a thread because i had a point to make in the first post, now people won't even read it! this overly obsessive moderating is fucking ridicilous, it's not normal at all.

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2005, 03:32:16 PM »

actually i think his current voice sound more 80's, like crash diet type voice. i think i compare it too much to his early 90's voice, which was more forced and at times, blown out.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2005, 04:42:39 PM »

...and he's already proven himself once again. alot of people will look like hypocrites when chinese democracy is released, mark my words.

I tend to use a "wait and see approach" concerning statements like the above.? For me, he's going to have to raise the bar exponentially in regards to the material he debuted in '02 to justify any kind of "last laugh" bravado.

On the positive side, IRS does intrigue me.? Makes me want to hear a clean, finished version of what potentially could be a very good song.? That scream is just fantastic.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 06:28:38 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2005, 02:30:20 AM »

I don't know about right now, cause no one's heard him sing anything in a couple years.  But on most of the live stuff from the Chineese Democracy tour I heard was hit or miss with Axl's voice.  At times he sounded like his old self, but at other times I thought he sounded absolutely dreadful.  I remember one song in particular...I downloaded them doing Think About You at the New York show and Axl sounded as bad as I'd ever heard him.  I'm very interested to hear what he sounds like right now.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
MikeB
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2005, 11:06:26 PM »

As you get older , your vocal cords get weaker from using them so much. With Axl 's,  he sounds like he's losing it because of aging and smoking or out of practice.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2005, 11:52:43 PM »

Listen to Bruce Dickinson.? He's older than Axl and he still sounds amazing.? Axl didn't take nearly as good care of himself as Bruce did and his voice has suffered because of it.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2005, 11:57:35 PM »

bruce dickinson never had axl's voicen, he's too weak. but a decent singer.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2005, 03:38:58 AM »

Bruce in his prime had a better voice than Axl.  Watch that live footage on the Early Days DVD of the band on the Number Of The Beast Tour.  Bruce hits and holds notes even Axl can't, and he makes it look easy...almost effortless.  Axl was abe to do some amazing things in his day, but he couldn't do what Bruce did.  And Bruce is still amazing now.  I saw him last January and he sounded awesome...better than Axl's sounded since the 80's.  Axl's still my favorite frontman of all time.  But when it comes to pure singing voices Axl Rose is not as good as Bruce Dickinson.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2005, 06:48:25 PM »

Sometimes Axl sounds winded, out of key, and like someones chomping on his nuts. And sometimes he brings a pretty good voice to the track, like Pittsburgh 2002 when he sand Maddy.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
dustNroses
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2005, 09:54:22 AM »

On the album, they will  sound as good as they ever did, LIVE?Huh? wellll only time will tell my fellow gunners. Wait and we will find out. NYE05!!!!
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2005, 11:35:41 AM »

Had to reach into thread-hell and reconjure this one:

Last night I finally got to see the WTTJ performance from the 1988 VMA's for the first time in 17 years.  From Axl's opening notes all the way to the end there is no argument that his voice has lost the natural rasp.  Right after I watched it I opened the 2002 VMA file just to see how far-and-away-different it is today.  It should be clear to anyone.  After hearing him from the 88 VMA's he sounds like Michael Jackson in 2002.

You can sometimes hear flashes of the rasp in the newer shows but that natural rip has faded.  Just wanted to confirm that I've officially joined the "it ain't the same" club and will no longer be swayed by 1,000,000 examples.  Gotta hand it to some of you though, you kinda had me going for a while.  I was beginning to question it.

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2005, 12:20:09 PM »

IT's amazing thats what is up!  ok

No man can be my equal
im rickjames bitch
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2005, 10:41:35 PM »

meh his voice today still sounds better than anyone elses even bach
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2005, 04:18:32 AM »

I read somewhere that hes just trying to get cleaner voice
hells^angel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2005, 05:17:50 AM »

...one thing is sure...Axl's voice had to suffer a lot 'cause of the smoking...and will never be the same again...
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2005, 03:19:36 AM »

meh his voice today still sounds better than anyone elses even bach

rofl rofl rofl rofl  That's hilarious.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
You Gonna Eat That?
Rocker

Mada-Gaz-car

« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2005, 05:38:06 AM »

his new voice sounds like Towley from South Park, IMO. But its good.

Dave Mustaine discusses the origins of the name of his band, Megadeath: "The band's name means the act of dying, but, like, really mega."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: